Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,969 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos (30546 Views)

Fashola Chilling At A 'Mama Put' In Oyo During Inspection (Photos) / Yahaya Bello Buys Groundnut During Inspection In Kogi. PICS / Policeman Holding Umbrella For A Commissioner In Kogi During Inspection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by Abagworo(m): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2016
Sotenna:
I can see some people writing things they've no idea about here. If you are wondering what the devil looks like, look no farther, that's him right there in the picture wearing a black cap.

You guys look at that picture and interpret what you think is happening, I myself was there when he arrived unannounced.

People were booing at him, some raining curses, and some hailing him, well among those hailing him was a particular woman who caught his attention, and he reacted by giving her ₦100, 000 right there.

The man having a handshake with him and smiling came with him, so "na the same people".

I remembered back in 2011 when he promised Imo citizens free kerosene, I came there with a can to fetch some, because Polytechnic Nekede was on strike and I had nothing doing at the time. After spending hours waiting for him to show up, he arrived, accompanied by 4 tankers of the supposed kerosene, and news crew from IBC (Orient FM), they all rolled in with their cameras.

He greeted, made a speech in front of the cameras, we hailed him, after that he stepped into his car and the convoy left in tow with 3 of the afore mentioned kerosene trucks, leaving only one at the stadium to serve the thick crowd that has gathered hoping to get some kerosene, when he left what happened was a struggle of survival of the fittest.

That was during his first tenure, and that was when I knew the kind of person we had as a governor.

So folks if those pictures were videos, you all would have been wiser about what happened.

As I type this, I'm stuck in a traffic jam, a traffic jam orchestrated by none other than our dear Owelle.

You don't sound convincing but I know that much of Owerri is under reconstruction hence flooding and traffic jam is expected for a while. Some mischievous people will snap pictures and post condemning Okorocha but those people should understand that nothing good comes easy. We experienced such in Port Harcourt in Stadium road, Elekahia road, Okporo road, Rumuola road, Iwofe road, Abuloma road and NTA road. Many people were out of business for 2 years.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by Sotenna(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
Abagworo:

You don't sound convincing but I know that much of Owerri is under reconstruction hence flooding and traffic jam is expected for a while. Some mischievous people will snap pictures and post condemning Okorocha but those people should understand that nothing good comes easy. We experienced such in Port Harcourt in Stadium road, Elekahia road, Okporo road, Rumuola road, Iwofe road, Abuloma road and NTA road. Many people were out of business for 2 years.

As I don't sound convincing, you need to come to Imo state, to see things for yourself, I wonder how you'd be more privy to what's happening in Owerri more than a resident of Owerri.

I don't think there was ever a time senior citizens aged 60 and above protested in the roads of Portharcourt due to unpaid pensions.

Again, I remember very well that towards the end of 2013 Poly/FUTO road construction was completed. I was happy to see it done after so many years of neglect. I went for NYSC that same year, towards the end of my service year I came back to my school to get my transcript transferred to a school, when I got to that road I felt I was on the wrong road, because my last memory of it was that of a shiny brand new road, but what I met was now a gully instead of a road. Nov 2013 to Nov 2014 that road was no more. Amechi of Rivers never built such an epileptic structure.

So my guy you need to see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by Rhea(f): 6:37am On Aug 28, 2016
ChangeIsCostant:
Governor Rochas Okorocha who recently returned to the country -went on an early morning inspection of state projects and at various points stopped to address Imo people on the position of government in a bid to appraise them on the policies and projects of his administration. He was mobbed by excited residents who gathered to see him....

The governor also announced the restriction of movement of articulated vehicles within the city to 11pm as they now constitute traffic menace. He called for patience and understanding from the people while assuring them of the timely completion of the projects.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/rochas-okorocha-mobbed-by-excited-crowd.html

So they are mobbing Okorocha in the midst of untarred road. Look at the filth that he finds himself in. Imagine the decrepit look of the surroundings. Yet he is the governor. And the idiotic citizens are there spreading their rotten teeth for him cheesy cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by queenet246(f): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2016
Victorvexz:

The way u called me brown roof made it as if i have never being to imo before, lol. Last time I visited imo was in the last week of November 2015, and I can tell u, he is well lived. U simply just hate him for been in APC, simple. Apart from that, u don't know why anyone would hate him for nothing. I know u don't live in the south east, u must be somewhere in south west boasting in ur father house. Ipob coward!!

Please can u stop all this noise you are making here? You came to Imo state last year November and so what? You didn't meet the bad state of the roads? From mcc, uratta, Douglas, egbu where the almighty shop rite is, not to talk of new market, akwakuma, nekede road, old nekede, and d most deplorable emekuku, or is it heartland? Were you sleeping when you passed through these road in your so called trip to owerri? Not to talk of the gridlocks caused cos d these roads that I find it difficult to enter owerri. You are just getting to my nerves with all this your comments.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by queenet246(f): 7:27am On Aug 28, 2016
Abagworo:

Orlu Road, Amakohia.

Please guys this is old nekede and this project has stayed since inception of this governor. See e-decieving
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by millionaireman: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2016
queenet246:

Please can u stop all this noise you are making here? You came to Imo state last year November and so what? You didn't meet the bad state of the roads? From mcc, uratta, Douglas, egbu where the almighty shop rite is, not to talk of new market, akwakuma, nekede road, old nekede, and d most deplorable emekuku, or is it heartland? Were you sleeping when you passed through these road in your so called trip to owerri? Not to talk of the gridlocks caused cos d these roads that I find it difficult to enter owerri. You are just getting to my nerves with all this your comments.

The guy said last time he visited Imo state, he didn't say last time he visited Owerri.
But you are replying the guy and putting Owerri in place of Imo state.

It's hard to understand what made some people see Owerri as the beginning and end of Imo state.

This attitude accounts for why Imo state remains the least developed among the states that were created same time with Imo, because since Abia was carved out of Imo state, Owerri was practically turned into becoming Imo state. No other area outside Owerri is allowed to have modernity from Imo state government.

Rochas Okorocha exacerbated and shot to roof top the policy of making only Owerri fit for modern development infrastructure since he joined APC
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by millionaireman: 8:03am On Aug 28, 2016
Rhea:

So they are mobbing Okorocha in the midst of untarred road. Look at the filth that he finds himself in. Imagine the decrepit look of the surroundings. Yet he is the governor. And the idiotic citizens are there spreading their rotten teeth for him cheesy cheesy grin grin

They were Owerri people mobbing Okorocha.

Okorocha built more than 96% of whatever modern development infrastructure by his government in Owerri.
His deputy told Vanguard a short while ago that Okorocha built 75% of his development projects in Owerri.

Only an insane person from Orlu can mob Okorocha who for four years running inflicted severe punishment upon people in Orlu as he scrapped the roads here and abandoned them.

The same Owerri people just petitioned President Buhari against Okorocha's obsessive overdrive development in Owerri.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by silverspringle(f): 11:37am On Aug 28, 2016
millionaireman:

The guy said last time he visited Imo state, he didn't say last time he visited Owerri.

It's hard to understand what made some people see Owerri as the beginning and end of Imo state.

This attitude accounts for why Imo state remains the least developed among the states that were created same time with Imo, because since Abia was carved out of Imo state, Owerri was practically turned into becoming Imo state. No other area outside Owerri is allowed to have modernity from Imo state government.

Rochas Okorocha exacerbated and shot to roof top the policy of making only Owerri fit for modern development infrastructure since he joined APC
Owerri is not the only developed zone in Imo State. There's no single port hole in my Village Ikeduru and same with my mum's village Orlu. I dont care what anyone is saying right now but i know Owerri is in a mess right now cos I ve been in owerri for some weeks now. It wasnt like that before. Rochas is not a "performer" like someone rightly said and thats why people resent him. He's trying so hard to be loved cos believe me he has lost it. Every road in Owerri has been destroyed in d name of constructing a better road. It doesnt make sense to me.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by millionaireman: 4:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
silverspringle:
Owerri is not the only developed zone in Imo State. There's no single port hole in my Village Ikeduru and same with my mum's village Orlu.

When you refer to Orlu as village, you now confirmed what I said that Imo state is least developed, as Owerri is the only town with modern infrastructure.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by B2mario(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2016
Abagworo:

Orlu has better roads than most Southeastern cities. You can count the number of bad roads in Orlu and it can't be more than 3 but most other cities have dozens of bad roads. To prove my point just list the bad roads in Orlu with pictures let me list Onitsha, Aba, Awka or Umuahia whichever you choose.

Oga count Umuahia off, no bad road in Umuahia. Umuahia topography is so good that it can't support that.

And mind the way you quote that guy. That guy is not from Abia.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by silverspringle(f): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
millionaireman:

When you refer to Orlu as village, you now confirmed what I said that Imo state is least developed, as Owerri is the only town with modern infrastructure.
"Village" in my comment is subjective. You can call it my L.G.A. Where and where have you been to in Imo State for you to have concluded that Owerri is the only developed zone in Imo. I dont blame you, its Rochas that gave people like you the privilege to write sh***t about Imo State.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by discusant: 3:12am On Aug 30, 2016
Sorry, for this state.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by mensdept: 3:30am On Aug 30, 2016
millionaireman:

I hate Okorocha, but in all fairness, why shouldn't Owerri be the beginning and the end. Isn't it time to transform one city in the East into a mega Modern city, or do Igbo continue to spread their already meager resources into developing villages with one road or borehole.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by millionaireman: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
mensdept:

I hate Okorocha, but in all fairness, why shouldn't Owerri be the beginning and the end. Isn't it time to transform one city in the East into a mega Modern city, or do Igbo continue to spread their already meager resources into developing villages with one road or borehole.

Let's transform Orlu first into a Mega city. Then others follow. Orlu senatorial zone pays highest tax to IMSG considering the population in 12 local government councils in Orlu.

Oil producing zone in Imo state is Orlu zone.

Considering these, only a criminal would suggest we first develop Owerri Mega cities while Orlu and Okigwe remain stagnant, because Owerri was pronounced state capital.

Above all, when Imo state was created in 1976, there were no much differences in urbanization between Owerri and Orlu. Only a fool would suggest that rest of Imo state have to wait until Owerri becomes a Mega city.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by millionaireman: 3:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
Blame Rochas Okorocha.

Okorocha fell deep into this wicked concept that we develope Owerri first into a Mega city. Owerri people led Okorocha into that trap to build all his development landmarks in Owerri.

Okorocha visits the US and the UK .

US govt didn't have any policy that made New York or Los Angeles to wait so that the US government would pour most of its capital development funds onto development of Washington DC to a Mega city for the world to behold.

Manchester did not have to wait for London to become a Mega city for the world to behold before UK government could face development of Manchester.

Some most clannish and most parochial Owerri people sell this wicked idea of let Imo government develop one mega city Owerri for the world to see Imo as developed.

This set of people so hate the rest of Imo state.

Blame Okorocha who they convinced.
Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by banki(m): 4:44pm On Aug 31, 2016
But why always owerri IMO and roachas is he the worst or the best governor in the south east

Why Dont we ever talk about abia
Or ebonyi
Or enugu
At least we sometimes talk about anambara it shows that yes indeed something good is happening in IMO as compared to other south east states....

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by AKswift: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
I just read, with much enthusiasm, the report on “The world’s most liveable cities, 2016” as released by the economist. I perused the list of top cities and was awed by the cities serenities and aesthetic. These are planned places, where the capacity to function as ‘being’ is enhanced and bolstered to the summit.

Reading through the piece to surf for indicators used for the analysis, my subconscious inquires on why no Africa State made it to the top was quickly answered: ‘we are where we are because of our thought, which, parochially, is defined as backward’. We seriously need a ‘change’ to measure up with the rest of the world, and this generation of individuals should champion that change.

I’m neither pro-Rochas nor anti. If truly he is laying a foundation for a 21st (even 22nd) Century Imo State by revamping old (new) Owerri, he has my support, but he should tow the part of standard and modernity, ensuring compensations are duly paid to the natives. We need to live in ‘liveable’ cities. In Lagos, who does not like the Island; Abuja, Asokoro/Maitiama, Enugu, Zoo Estate and its surrounding posh areas? We should galvanize these pubic administrators to expand and revamp their frontiers to wear a western look!

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Mobbed By Crowd During Inspection In Imo State.. Photos by silverspringle(f): 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2016
banki:
But why always owerri IMO and roachas is he the worst or the best governor in the south east

Why Dont we ever talk about abia
Or ebonyi
Or enugu
At least we sometimes talk about anambara it shows that yes indeed something good is happening in IMO as compared to other south east states....

Maka na "onye ana ekwu okwu ya nwere ihe ona eme"...mehn, check out for the English translation cos i dnt know it either cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Traces Looted Funds To UK, Switzerland, Others / Bullet Kills Young Nigerian Soldier (photos) / 9th Senate: El-rufai Shades Senators Shehu Sani And Hunkuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.