Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) (42522 Views)

Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Couple Arrived At Their Wedding In Motorcycle (Photos) / David Ukre Weds Eric Shoen In New York (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
You don't need to mention it,you guys have been tripping since the years unknown,but most of yall end up hating what you can't have....no tribe is mentioned but you know yourself
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by eph12(m): 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
connkg:

No, son! Thou art sick. grin
cheesy
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by placeofallure(f): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
months:

Nak.ed enter street, mad man. undecided

Your hatred for the Yoruba nation is eroding any sense of objectivity you have left. I had to take a second glance whether I'm in another Nigeria or this same one that you and I know. You're myopic in your views concerning inter-ethnic marriages because everyday people marry outside their tribes, any marriage that will work will work regardless of tribe or race or creed. How, I pray you, Mr analyst per excellent, will Yoruba turn out the loser?

Must you bring Biafra to everything ? it's your dream or ideology, fine! Follow it with all your might but issues of the heart is different. My friend, my very good friend with whom I share money, food, bed, shelter, clothes, happy and sad moments is Ibo. I got her and she got me. We left school over a decade ago and we're still best of friends. The feeling is mutual, No IPOB or Nigeria can change that. Mr Months, don't hate us, we're good people.

5 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Ghost447(m): 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
attackgat:
A Yoruba guy weds an Igbo girl. Not everyday you see that happening.
Delta girl is not an Igbo girl, what is so difficult about you people distinguishing SS from SE?

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ianSweet(f): 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
The girl in question is from Delta state, why are many igbos hating? Since when did Niger deltans become igbos?

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by genieluv(f): 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
Deltans and igbos are not the same. Wtf is wrong with the so called Igbos?
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by delpee(f): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
@months

Ignorance can be a problem. Who cares about tribes these days? So many intertribal marriages are happening every week. You only need to open your eyes and mind to see. We're all human beings first and foremost. Each tribe has it's good, bad and ugly; none is perfect!

By the way, are you saying people like Chief Emeka Anyaoku and Prof Chukuemeka Ike (among many others) are wrong cos they married Yorubas?

I'm blessed with many in-laws from the other side of the Niger already and have no regrets whatsoever. The intertribal marriages will continue till the end of time irrespective of the silly e-war!

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Getintouch2004(m): 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2016
ChinonsoDike2:
Disgusting.

Don't even know what to tell you, but try and get small sense....just small, u hear?

...Forget not to grow up too, u hear?
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Danfuster(m): 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
reducto:

Guy it is you people who are even obliterating the trace of yoruba. Soon you will find it difficult to get a full blooded yoruba child.

last name is number one priority to Yorubas, blood comes second.

That's why our elite men would ask you "Tán baba é nléyi?" translation: "who is your father?"

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Danfuster(m): 5:43pm On Aug 27, 2016
delpee:
@months

Ignorance can be a problem. Who cares about tribes these days? So many intertribal marriages are happening every week. You only need to open your eyes and mind to see. We're all human beings first and foremost. Each tribe has it's good, bad and ugly; none is perfect!

By the way, are you saying people like Chief Emeka Anyaoku and Prof Chukuemeka Ike (among many others) are wrong cos they married Yorubas?

I'm blessed with many in-laws from the other side of the Niger already and have no regrets whatsoever. The intertribal marriages will continue till the end of time irrespective of the silly e-war!

pls help me tell them ooo, abi they know better than their Elite and(or) Peter of Psquare

3 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by SC31(f): 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
michaelandre:
no worry if your girl don be teenager your eyes go clear if she dates yoruba. Yoruba families are certainly the best families they treat there inlaws with love and respect and am not talking about fools on the street but real yorubas u will not regret letting your daughter marry a Yoruba guy. but as for Edo don't allow your daughter marry Edo because she might not easily find peace with are mother inlaw like 95% of Edo women advice there children not to marry an Igbo girl because it has been proven that igbo girl will take him away from his mother to his mother in law. and he would start hating his mother I know about that one welll
that is so not true
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by SC31(f): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ghost447:
Delta girl is not an Igbo girl, what is so difficult about you people distinguishing SS from SE?
I don't get either undecided
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by professore(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
I like the groom's teddy in one of those pictures
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by obinoral1179(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
madridguy:
Beautiful, May God Bless your union.

Meanwhile, am seriously searching for my own Amarachi too grin
Aminat508 never say yes?

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ceaser: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
attackgat:
A Yoruba guy weds an Igbo girl. Not everyday you see that happening.

Apparently, you don't fully grasp the full meaning of the phrase: "Not everyday you see that happening"

But na lie. It is commonplace. What you don't see everyday is Hausas marrying any other tribes.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by obinoral1179(m): 5:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
months:
Dont tell me black woman like the one he married cannot be found in the whole of yoruba land.

When they run to the other side of the fence, their children go turn halfcaste or is it not the same black as devil they will born.

Nyway, let all the yorubas marry from ss/se, let their women marry ghana and togo plus white, like i said, they are losers. grin grin
loser of what?
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Ngozi123(f): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
HML to them!!! smiley
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by cstr15: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

Who wants a daughter from the region where 70% percent of the ladies re prostitutes.
20% re into baby factory business

In every 5 prostitues hanging around in South West,3 re igbo girlsgringrin

Imbeciles,
A.boki scrapp buyers
Okada riders
Street urchins
Agberos

Pay less than 500 to screw their public toiletgringrin
No wonder the past and present president of prostitues in Nigeria re igbo girlsgringrin
So you know this and still the entire legions of the best men yorubaland has to offer are trooping to igboland for wives. grin That is an irony.
Maybe if you stuck to your women, your post would have made a bit of sense.
The mumu Igbo girls marrying your philandering asses are the ones I pity. The concept of marriage in yorubaland is a wonder and any woman with a bit of sense (Yoruba ones included) would do well for themselves to get something better.

7 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by obinoral1179(m): 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
months:

trash written by a a hopelessly weak excuse for a man.

Yoruba men coming to help our girls secure a 100% marriage rate is not a problem, be our guest. loser!

As long as our igbo boyz continue to boycott ya yoruba women, no problem. Check the hit list, igbo boy bang dem all but run home to mummy wen it comes to marriage. It is our igbo women or whites. U dont exist.
Nairaland is full of mystery.

2 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ceaser: 5:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
months:

Inter-tribal marriage cannot stop Nigeria from disintegrating. It is not a measure of unity.

Isreal and Arab marry each other, yet hate each other with passion.

The white man that enslave black and call them monkey, still turn around to marry the same black.

Does it make them united?

grin grin

Mehn, guy you get issues o. Your village head witch wey dey do you don die tey tey aswear.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by madridguy(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2016
grin grin grin I want to marry Wazobia.

Zahra Buhari, Aminat and Amarachi grin

obinoral1179:
Aminat508 never say yes?
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by SC31(f): 5:57pm On Aug 27, 2016
9ja4show:

yes they are , followed by yorubas
thank you,any little thing Yoruba or ibo,Una no dey tire undecided
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by attackgat: 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ghost447:

Igbo is a tribe, Delta is not. As for your so called SS/SE, they are just mere geopolitical zones. Nobody even heard of anything called SS or SE 20 years ago. In Nigeria, we talk about tribes, not invented terms like Delta or SS that doesn't really mean anything

5 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by obinoral1179(m): 5:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
madridguy:

with just one d*i*c*k. You must be dreaming...... Pours pepper water on him. Brother wake up.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by SC31(f): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
lawnreigh:
Sorry to say but you are a fo.....ol, on Togo our people are indigenous there and we ain't migrants there because native Yoruba's are there confirming the fact that our ladies don't marry outside our tribe or flat heads
can you imagine,doesn't that male you guys tribalistic too
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ceaser: 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
ipledge10:
dont be a bigot...lot of Igbo men marry Yoruba men

Whaaaaaaaat?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Tufiakwa! grin

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by madridguy(m): 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2016
grin

obinoral1179:
with just one d*i*c*k. You must be dreaming...... Pours pepper water on him. Brother wake up.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Ngozi123(f): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
12inches1:

Actually, in reality the reverse is the case. If Yoruba men are marrying igbo women then igbos are losing. Ask me how? The Igbo girl starts bearing a Yoruba last name, her children all have Yoruba names. And probably take up Yoruba culture because of where they reside. Common sense is not common afterall. Yemi Alade is a typical example.

Yemi Alade is a terrible example to use. She is Igbo in all but name. She feels more comfortable singing in Igbo than in Yoruba, hangs out with mostly Igbos and I even think that she mentioned in one of her interviews that all of her siblings are married to Igbos. You guys should be careful with how much you marry out as it'll create a generation of Yoruba children who know little about their culture- I've already seen plenty of those types here in the UK. Then again, it's none of my business so carry on... smiley

5 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ipledge10(m): 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2016
ceaser:

Whaaaaaaaat?! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Tufiakwa!
at least I know Peter okoye and cosharis son...two of my aunts marry Igbo... So wtf are u talking about
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Aminat508(f): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
madridguy:

Smp undecided

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by madridguy(m): 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Sorry dear grin

Aminat508:
Smp undecided
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Jacko1(m): 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Are they not supposed to wear ibo attire given she the bride

Ibo gals sell out..... As if a yoruba lady will allow this

Lubbish weddin i cant even put up a fight for her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Who Resides Abroad Rides Keke To His Wedding In Enugu (Photos) / This Woman Made Money Rain At A Party (Video) / NLDERS Hook Up With Your Birth Day Mate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.