Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) (42491 Views)

Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Couple Arrived At Their Wedding In Motorcycle (Photos) / David Ukre Weds Eric Shoen In New York (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ofeoilly: 8:20am On Aug 28, 2016
lawnreigh:
Its not a matter of being tribalist, its all about choice come to think of it, Igbo ladies are into Igbo guys because they feel they ain't romantic and too domineering, so you expect Yoruba ladies to enter what their own is rejecting. Tufiakwu

Stop talking trash, man up. U are the one that propose to women, not the other way round. Did u miss all the free women in your south west region and arrive all the way in the east to pay bride price?

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by repogirl(f): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2016
ofeoilly:

Ok! Are u full or half? Just check that profile pic, u dont look yoruba. grin
Half smiley but still doesn't matter since we are one Nigeria afterall.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ofeoilly: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2016
repogirl:
Half smiley but still doesn't matter since we are one Nigeria afterall.

I dont know about one Nigeria. I dnt identify myself as Nigeria. I am a captive of Nigeria. I hate Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by kally90(f): 8:49am On Aug 28, 2016
michaelandre:
it happens everyday. when it comes to intertribal marriage Yoruba and Edo(I am an example) and Yoruba and Igbo marry allot
It is a typical lie bro.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by repogirl(f): 9:12am On Aug 28, 2016
ofeoilly:

I dont know about one Nigeria. I dnt identify myself as Nigeria. I am a captive of Nigeria. I hate Nigeria.
Too bad then.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by oluamid(m): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2016
Ngokafor:

....See how these little-minded urchins (both yorubas and Igbos)just messed up this nice thread ...'Igbo girls beg us to marry them thats why we have abandoned our women to marry them''...'Igbomen cannever marry yoruba women,we just use them for fun blabla'...like seriously undecided

...You brats deserve serious high five on the face...with a plank!! angry..

Actually, if you follow the thread from the beginning, you'll notice that the Igbo guys began the taunting before the Yoruba guys joined the fray.

However, who started what is not the issue. It's quite disturbing that Nigeria's youth of today are more concerned about the ethnicity of a couple rather than the fact that they found love. Goes to show that the divisive messages being spread by politicians (FFK etc) are actually having an effect.

When the youth allow such irrelevant things like tribe and ethnicity to determine their relationship with others, how are they supposed to rise up in unison to oppose the status quo?

It's a sad day for the Nigerian youth.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by quintybabe(f): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
ofeoilly:

Our reaction here is proper. We love our women, mothers, sisters, wife and daughter. I did be worried if they were cool with the trend and popular demand 4 igbo wife by yorubas and benin men.(fashionable) It is further clear that girls born out of such union will suffer wat yoruba women suffer, becos they too will not be as good as igbo women, in the eye of yoruba and benin men, who will keep running to igbo land for the priceless igbo girl, once they make money.
It's obvious you haven't venture into other areas than igbo land, pardon me if it sound insulting cause I believe if you have then you won't say this at all. People who ain't beclouded with tribal sentiment have always found it easy to marry into any tribe of their choice. I have dated guys from east, north and west and I can tell you I don't rate one area than the other, all I see is good and bad people. I try as much as possible not to comment on any tribal issue on nairaland cause there's so much hatred here that makes me wonder if igbos on nairaland are different from the ones I relate with or perhaps they just more educated and exposed.
Well I don't know if you are a Christian or not but if you are then, I plead with you to be careful, hatred isn't of God. Remember the summary of the law-Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your might and love your neighbours as yourself, above there is no other law. I know the greater percentage of igbo are Christians and it makes me wonder if they read their bible at all. You can't claim you love God when you can't even love people from other tribes.
And if perhaps you are an atheist, I want to believe that you support the golden rule which is do unto other what you will have them do to you. So if you know you won't be cool with people insulting and making jest of your tribe, than please stop doing that other tribe. I know there are many more out there but let the change begin from you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by quintybabe(f): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
lawnreigh:
Its not a matter of being tribalist, its all about choice come to think of it, Igbo ladies are into Igbo guys because they feel they ain't romantic and too domineering, so you expect Yoruba ladies to enter what their own is rejecting. Tufiakwu
And may I ask dear sir, is the percentage of igbo that marry Yoruba greater than the percentage of Yoruba that marry themselves? So how can you claim Yoruba prefer Igbos than themselves. People generally prefer to marry their tribe because of people like you who see tribe first before you see an individual. Please if you ain't comfortable with marrying other tribes, then let others who sees it as nothing to has they wish. After all non of us was given the choice to choose the tribe we want to belong as babies in our mother's womb.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by gemale(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
attackgat:
A Yoruba guy weds an Igbo girl. Not everyday you see that happening.
I'm a product of such a union & I know of @ least 2 oda such unions in my extended family so it's nt dt common 2 me. D rare 1 is marriage btw Igbos & hausas.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by gemale(m): 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
months:

Guy, like i said, pls help our women attain 100% marriage rate, i am already happily married and certainly not to a yoruba or edo. Na hello and goodbye we dey.

My daughter will definately not marry yoruba or edo, i rather she marry a white man instead if she cannot get an igbo guy. We dey born girls, everyday, we can never run out. Mikel don born twins.(girls)

p.s. your yoruba women full togo and ghana. Na 4 there dem dey agree marry dem. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

attoh and damilola, live from ghana. hahahah! hehehehe! grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy
When I hear or read tribalistic statements lyk these, I cringe in shame on behalf of D ignorance of d person 4rm whom it emanated. @ ds age & tym, 21st century 4 goodness sake, pple r busy badmouthing & stereotyping anoda tribe or ethnic group. So u wldnt allow ur daughter 2 marry som1 she wants simply because he's Yoruba? SMH. I mourn @ ur folly. Ds sort of backward tnkn is d reason y our continent is in a big mess. U blacks r discriminating among ur selves over smtn as flimsy as tribe & meanwhile u get angry wen a White man discriminates against u because of skin colour. Little wonder we r nt developed wen we cnt come 2geda & bury ds petty hatchet of ethnicity.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by TooLateToFail(f): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2016
congrats to u guys..u at celebrated
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ngozi123:

Yemi Alade is a terrible example to use. She is Igbo in all but name. She feels more comfortable singing in Igbo than in Yoruba, hangs out with mostly Igbos and I even think that she mentioned in one of her interviews that all of her siblings are married to Igbos. You guys should be careful with how much you marry out as it'll create a generation of Yoruba children who know little about their culture- I've already seen plenty of those types here in the UK. Then again, it's none of my business so carry on... smiley
that's a big lie she grew up in the east does not mean that she doesn't know were she comes from. okchidinma sing more in Yoruba does that make her a Yoruba. go and check her instergram she does more of Yoruba. and when you are talking of Yoruba culture dying. it is totally impossible. I give Igbo culture next 20 years it would be no more because there girls would have been sell out for money
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
quintybabe:

And may I ask dear sir, is the percentage of igbo that marry Yoruba greater than the percentage of Yoruba that marry themselves? So how can you claim Yoruba prefer Igbos than themselves. People generally prefer to marry their tribe because of people like you who see tribe first before you see an individual. Please if you ain't comfortable with marrying other tribes, then let others who sees it as nothing to has they wish. After all non of us was given the choice to choose the tribe we want to belong as babies in our mother's womb.
Igbo girl love dating Yoruba guys because they gat swag and they know what's up. but Igbo guys everything is about muscle everyday
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 28, 2016
if they put few single Igbo guys and girls and Yoruba guys and girls in one place all the Igbo girls will run to Yoruba guys because they are very handsome and soft #fact. and Igbo girl are the one to propose to Yoruba guys I have dated two Igbo girls and I have like five Igbo girls as anytime I need some kpomo to chop the truth is that they like fine yorubaboys they are ready to give yorubaboys anything just to date them #factandtruth. why I like them they ask for sex when they need it, forget the high bride price if u wine her that u don't have the money she will pay half of it (I mean educated and well doing Igbo girl)grin. but Yoruba girl are very hard when it comes to educated once even me I have not really gone deep in a relationship with a Yoruba girl #truth
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
cstr15:
Really?And I thought Yoruba women are the unfaithful wives given how Igbo men sleep with them but dread to marry them.
Well, anyway all these your gist is news to me. Lagos must be an interesting place in a seedy ghetto kinda way.
Anyway, Igbo women una don hear am. This is what these fucckers think of you.
fact or I don't believed it I will give u some examples or igbos girls that were bleeped by amala guys. Linda was Bleep upside down by sesan, Genevieve was given Chinese style by dbanj, tonto dike was dying for wizzy and they were allegedly in hottel many times before wizzy became a global star, your own cowardlord sorry cowlord ooo sorry warlord babe bianca was the worst as she was given combo style by ffk and she had a baby for him but later aborted it she was so loud in bed as crazy. u give me one example
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by kechywillz(m): 12:01am On Aug 29, 2016
michaelandre:
oboy nono say u they vex oo. but I am talking from experience an if u wanna die that Igbo girls love us and find us more attractive than u guys lagoon is on vacancy u can jump into it.firstly Yoruba girls will rather marry Yoruba than Igbo that's y they addly marry anyother tribe except edo
Were do u get ur facts from? I can't mention most Ibo men dat has married Yoruba ladies without qualms,one thing I'll agree with u is dat most Igbo men like to marry from their tribe but as for Ibo men marrying Yoruba ladies,its not a hard task, vice versa
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by pablus: 12:29am On Aug 29, 2016
haba are you related to the bride or just just a mo.ron? clearly you have never traveled outside Nigeria. probably never left the East. so igbo boyz "run home to mummy"? To marry their mothers

months:

trash written by a a hopelessly weak excuse for a man.

Yoruba men coming to help our girls secure a 100% marriage rate is not a problem, be our guest. loser!

As long as our igbo boyz continue to boycott ya yoruba women, no problem. Check the hit list, igbo boy bang dem all but run home to mummy wen it comes to marriage. It is our igbo women or whites. U dont exist.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by mpowa(m): 12:49am On Aug 29, 2016
quintybabe:

And you think they married each other just to keep igbo and Yoruba United, it funny how you think, you know
When you read some comments, the only reason you'll believe the person is educated is because he wrote them in English, It beats me how people can go through school and they're not cured of ethnic/tribal bigotry, the thinking is so backward and weird, they'll keep on beating their chest that their tribe is superior, their tribe is the best, no wonder we can't synergize to move Nigeria forward.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by quintybabe(f): 8:09am On Aug 29, 2016
michaelandre:
Igbo girl love dating Yoruba guys because they gat swag and they know what's up. but Igbo guys everything is about muscle everyday
I don't agree with your statement
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ofeoil: 8:27am On Aug 29, 2016
michaelandre:
that's a big lie she grew up in the east does not mean that she doesn't know were she comes from. okchidinma sing more in Yoruba does that make her a Yoruba. go and check her instergram she does more of Yoruba. and when you are talking of Yoruba culture dying. it is totally impossible. I give Igbo culture next 20 years it would be no more because there girls would have been sell out for money

So, this is y ur uncle and fada sent u guys to marry igbo girls, so igbo culture will end. Ok!
Are igbo boyz not marrying their igbo women? In Nigeria, igbo boyz have the lowest rate of marrying outside their tribe. 96% of igbo boyz end up with igbo women.
Looks more to me, like yoruba committing suicide.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ofeoil: 8:33am On Aug 29, 2016
It is important that we get into perspective that igbo women out number igbo men. There was always going to be a few without husband. Christianity means we can no longer marry them 5 and 10 anymore
Thankx to yoruba and benin, it looks like they will all end up married to men able to provide for a family and rich men. Igbo Kwenu!

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 29, 2016
ofeoil:

So, this is y ur uncle and fada sent u guys to marry igbo girls, so igbo culture will end. Ok!
Are igbo boyz not marrying their igbo women? In Nigeria, igbo boyz have the lowest rate of marrying outside their tribe. 96% of igbo boyz end up with igbo women.
Looks more to me, like yoruba committing suicide.

Igbo guys marry Igbo prostitute or they go deep into the village to marry the village to marry them with money but Yoruba guys only marry the wise once among the once in Yoruba land u can't see a Yoruba guys live his land and go deep into aba to marry a prostitute #fact. and Yoruba guys gat enough swag . but Igbo guys only think it is money or baboon muscle that will give u a wife
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 29, 2016
ofeoil:
It is important that we get into perspective that igbo women out number igbo men. There was always going to be a few without husband. Christianity means we can no longer marry them 5 and 10 anymore
Thankx to yoruba and benin, it looks like they will all end up married to men able to provide for a family and rich men. Igbo Kwenu!
what are u saying your girls are now begging Yoruba guys to make them as concubined and u are here saying thanks lolzzzzz. they are taking the good and educated ones and leaving prostitute for u guys or village OSU and u are saying thanks u are a very kind guy. its hard for a Yoruba girl to marry Igbo guy it may hardly last because the only thing and Igbo guys knows how to do is baboon muscle and money
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ofeoil: 10:52am On Aug 29, 2016
michaelandre:
Igbo guys marry Igbo prostitute or they go deep into the village to marry the village to marry them with money but Yoruba guys only marry the wise once among the once in Yoruba land u can't see a Yoruba guys live his land and go deep into aba to marry a prostitute #fact. and Yoruba guys gat enough swag . but Igbo guys only think it is money or baboon muscle that will give u a wife

Newyork, london, asaba, warri, abuja, port harcourt is yoruba land? Igbo boyz in lagos marry which girls in lagos? By the way Lagos is no man land.

96% of igboo men in lagos marry their igboo women, but 50% of yoruba men are married to every tribe from ijaw to igbo and bini.

U no dey shame, na another man, woman u dey take boast. Yoruba men are the only people that does that. Wen have u heard igbo talk about yoruba women? Oloshi!

Na only yoruba men dey say their mama soup no sweet, igbo men will always elevate their women, take note.

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ofeoil: 10:57am On Aug 29, 2016
michaelandre:
what are u saying your girls are now begging Yoruba guys to make them as concubined and u are here saying thanks lolzzzzz. they are taking the good and educated ones and leaving prostitute for u guys or village OSU and u are saying thanks u are a very kind guy. its hard for a Yoruba girl to marry Igbo guy it may hardly last because the only thing and Igbo guys knows how to do is baboon muscle and money

Isn't it funny that u acknowledge an igbo man daughter is good and educated. I am so proud to be igbo right now. U are the one acknowledging that igbo is better than yoruba.

quintybabe and repogirl take note, so u dont say we feel superior, wen yoruba guys openly declare igbo as superior.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by repogirl(f): 11:30am On Aug 29, 2016
ofeoil:

Isn't it funny that u acknowledge an igbo man daughter is good and educated. I am so proud to be igbo right now. U are the one acknowledging that igbo is better than yoruba.

quintybabe and repogirl take note, so u dont say we feel superior, wen yoruba guys openly declare igbo as superior.
lmao! The dude accused Igbo girls of being OSU and prostitutes and you are feeling superior instead of tackling the guy.

Okay, keep feeling your delusional superioriority since you have chosen to read only half and discard the remaining half.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by quintybabe(f): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2016
ofeoil:

So because the guy compliment igbo girls as good and educated means igbo are superior. Guy for Christ sake, it just a compliment nothing more. Mind you there are good and educated girls from all tribes in nigeria
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ofeoil: 11:58am On Aug 29, 2016
repogirl:
lmao! The dude accused Igbo girls of being OSU and prostitutes and you are feeling superior instead of tackling the guy.
Okay, keep feeling your delusional superioriority since you have chosen to read only half and discard the remaining half.

Osu meaning property of the gods. 80% account for 80% of intertribal marriages due to marriage embargo in igboland. grin

As 4 prostitute, 90% are from imo state and that state has the highest rate of marriage to yoruba. Now do the maths. grin
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
ofeoil:

Newyork, london, asaba, warri, abuja, port harcourt is yoruba land? Igbo boyz in lagos marry which girls in lagos? By the way Lagos is no man land.

96% of igboo men in lagos marry their igboo women, but 50% of yoruba men are married to every tribe from ijaw to igbo and bini.

U no dey shame, na another man, woman u dey take boast. Yoruba men are the only people that does that. Wen have u heard igbo talk about yoruba women? Oloshi!

Na only yoruba men dey say their mama soup no sweet, igbo men will always elevate their women, take note.

close your mouth wetin u know if no be say them wan help una girls. them they leave reminant for una you they happygrin.
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
ofeoil:

wetin this boy dey talk. Igbo girl are sexfreak who tell u say Igbo girls dey intelligent. how many abakaliki girls fit speak English?grin
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
ofeoil:

oboy u dey vex say na only prostitute remain for u to maligrin , no vex d educated wants Yoruba boy don Mali dem finish. nna when time comes you go know the one wet be no mans landgrin but for now u can apply for the nearest lagoon
Re: A Nigerian Inter-tribal Wedding In New York (Photos) by ofeoil: 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
michaelandre:
oboy u dey vex say na only prostitute remain for u to maligrin , no ve[b]x d educated wants Yoruba boy don Mali dem finish. [/b]nna when time comes you go know the one wet be no mans landgrin but for now u can apply for the nearest lagoon

I am glad that u know igbo men spend money to educate their daughters. It will be hard to find an igbo girl that is uneducated.

That is another credit to us igbo men.

I will let u in on some home truth, if u not a millionanaire or leave abroad, no igbo girl will even talk to u.

Yes, i am happy to have this conversation becos am igbo but if the topic change to yoruba girl, u wont see me at all.

99% of yoruba marriage in the east are to osu and the rest are retiring prostitute. Then u have the over 30 and nearing 40.

Then u have those based abroad that went 4 the closest thing to igbo, based on Nigeria. Good day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Who Resides Abroad Rides Keke To His Wedding In Enugu (Photos) / This Woman Made Money Rain At A Party (Video) / My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.