Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock (26530 Views)

Death Of 26 Nigerian Girls In Mediterranean Sea: Ezekwesili Slams Buhari / PDP Convention: We Don’t Know Which Judge To Obey, Says INEC / Financial sector workers urged to obey NLC on strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
Nigerians clearly don't know who an human right activist is
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Smooyis(m): 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
Well she has done her best for her nation and her conscience. It's immaterial if she's not appreciated at this juncture. Who has Nigeria ever so appreciated. We should stop narrowing issues down to tribal prism all the time.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by wordcat(m): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2016
Same thing will one day happen to Joe Igbokwe,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by ddippset(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
ejilife:
What we are wondering about is why now irritate those that hailed her to high heaven before now? Can't you see a clear case of 'use and throw away?'
The problem is the elders of today and the youths (elders of tomorrow) who want to criticize like their lives depended on it. Dump and use you say! But what would you have said if she was made a super minister? See? See? See? We said it! We said it! She was used to destroy jonathan's administration. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by 01Mysticdon(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
Who get ear go hear
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by AfroKnight: 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2016
All the mocking names were given to her by her brethren from the east. She is a selfless activist and we know that such people are not celebrated where she comes from. Instead the idolize drug dealers who get executed in Asia. Those who stand for justice often stand alone among their brethren.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Teespice(f): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
the writer of this article must be a very pained fellow.

what translates to use and dump in this scenario you painted?

if anything, if the chibok girls are found and rescued, her name would go down in the annals of history as part of those who campaigned rigorously for those missing school girls.

did she tell you she wanted a government appointment or did you hear she lobbied for one.

sometimes, I shake my head at the way some people reason.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by obailala(m): 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2016
Obviously these Jonathanian wailers will never recover from that election loss for the rest of their lives, they might even pass the disorder (that's what it is now) to their children. To these frustrated plebs, it is not possible for an activist to fight for something she believes in without having ulterior motives; to these lowlives, she must be given a reward by politicians before they acknowledge she is fighting a good cause. So much for our morals.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Teespice(f): 4:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
AfroKnight:
All the mocking names were given to her by her brethren from the east. She is a selfless activist and we know that such people are not celebrated where she comes from. Instead the idolize drug dealers who get executed in Asia. Those who stand for justice often stand alone among their brethren.

are you minding that person that wrote that article.

we igbos ehn.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by obailala(m): 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
Joavid:
Nigerians clearly don't know who an human right activist is
To most lowlife, morally depraved Nigerian youths, an activist has to be paid cash or compensated by government, else such and activist must be a fool to them. Such pathetic souls.
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by theophorus(m): 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
What an Adult sees will sitting a Kid may not see even if he climbs the tallest mountain...

While One is in Prison, the other is Living Her life.

For some people it's about appointments. If not then Succession...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by AfroKnight: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
ddippset:
The problem is the elders of today and the youths (elders of tomorrow) who want to criticize like their lives depended on it. Dump and use you say! But what would you have said if she was made a super minister? See? See? See? We said it! We said it! She was used to destroy jonathan's administration. Abi?

Don't mind them. They prefer to call a drug dealer a hero but hate those who stand for truth.

When Dora Akunyili ran for Senate in Anambra, they decided to vote a "Yoruba" party (ACN) candidate, Ngige instead of their indigenous APGA, because her reforms in the health sector affected shady businessmen from the East. They preferred to follow their so-called enemy,Tinubu's party rather than allow a woman of proven virtue lead their people.

How do you expect such people to recognize someone like Madam Oby?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by AfroKnight: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2016
Teespice:

are you minding that person that wrote that article.

we igbos ehn.
I just don't understand the misguided hatred.

The same hatred they showed to Dora Akunyili when she ran for Senate under APGA. The APGA-controlled state gave overwhelming votes to the ACN candidate Ngige just because Dora's reforms destroyed shady businesses; businesses that sold fake drugs that could harm children and pregnant women. They'd rather make peace with Tinubu than let Dora smell a senatorial seat.
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by musicwriter(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
The woman was fighting a just cause until the APC hijacked it. Unless, of course, if it had always been an APC propaganda tool. But, at a point she should've known the game and make as much money as possible off it. Otherwise, that would be the real reason they consider her a fool now- after all the election has been won and her service no longer needed. A classic case of use and dump.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by MissingBudget: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
GEJ be like...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by TLAX: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
People also laughed at Noah when he was building the ark......
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by shaibu123: 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
Shameless woman
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by sweerychick(f): 4:32pm On Aug 27, 2016
I admire her courage, but what I never liked about her was associating with politicians and propagandist during Gej regime. Her campaign was more like a blackmail to the Jonathan's administration. Anyway I hope she would be rewarded by those she helped, otherwise this is a big slap on her face undecided
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Headmaster055(m): 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
I tink Oby shuld just drop d issue of helping those ungrateful parents of d missing girls......Buhari is der own nd dey wil neva wage war against him......

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Papa2much: 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
So interesting.

That serves her right.

Busy body.

Seeking for notice.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Teespice(f): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
AfroKnight:

The same hatred they showed to Dora Akunyili when she ran for Senate under APGA. The APGA-controlled state gave overwhelming votes to the ACN candidate Ngige just because Dora's reforms destroyed shady businesses; businesses that sold fake drugs that could harm children and pregnant women. They'd rather make peace with Tinubu than let Dora smell a senatorial seat.

at this rate, if FG eventually caves in and decides to allow biafra(which will happen if the hen grows teeth), we will kill ourselves with the superiority and hate.

anambra state will say it is superior to enugu state. even amongst ourselves, marrying someone who is not from a preferred state is met with stiff opposition. you would hear things like "I can't marry a girl from anambra state". it's really sickening and pathetic.

at this rate, an Igbo man can never be president. sorry to say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by RELEASEUS: 4:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
Jibril659:
Let her worry about that. face your life
my friend please don't be silly. The happenings and goings-on in a country is subject to discussion by its people's. if you have a differing opinion to what the poster or writer has please state it and we ll understand. Why are you bent on having us not talk abt issues...? #strange

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by sweerychick(f): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
AfroKnight:

my dear, Ngige won that elections because he was more popular than Dora akunyili. At least my mum is from Agulu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Tibins(m): 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=salabscholar01 post=48846379]I respect this woman... She is an activist who takes everything meaningful, at heart. I still could not see reasons why some people still believe that services to Nigeria must at long, be compensated with juicy political positions.. Why? Not until this habit is changed, we still may not go far in this country. I never heard her complaining before, others are staring from the sidelines only to hear she is already compensated by the FG...Please we need

She should have allowed that fight end with the win. Because she can not turn around to fight those who used her. She is aware that she was used. Those who used her knew how they did it. She will just rubbish herself, if she pushes any further, it was all a game
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Anabel(f): 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
Pls it's Oby not Obey. Thanks
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by RELEASEUS: 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
Smooyis:
Well she has done her best for her nation and her conscience. It's immaterial if she's not appreciated at this juncture. Who has Nigeria ever so appreciated. We should stop narrowing issues down to tribal prism all the time.
On the contrary Nigeria has helped the convener of BBOG, she is now chair of NPA. Or is that not some form of appreciation?
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Enrichlee(m): 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
Jibril659:
Oga... face your life grin
and is it not surprising that u've refused to heed to ur own advice as u re rising up vehemently in her defense. Guilty conscience I suppose afterall she was once useful for your cause
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Edum13656: 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
Please Ohaneze Ndigbo should go and #BringBackOurProdigalDaughter. We still love her
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by Akon419(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
This remind me of the novel ' lonely Londoners,.The young African guy claiming to be an English man, with his monkey suit ,impeccable dressing style coupled with his usual umbrella at his right hand. He always dissociate himself from group of other black race because of his opportune fair color . Unfortunately, he got the most embarrassing moment of his life on a busy street when a 2yrs old boy taped his mother and said ' look at a black monkey with a white umbrella '
Re: Open Letter To Obey Ezekwesili: You Have Become Their Laughing Stock by cheruv: 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
salabscholar01:
I respect this woman... She is an activist and that take everything meaningful at heart. I still could not see reasons why some people still believe that services to Nigeria must at long be compensated with juicy political positions.. Why? Not until this habit is changed, we still may not go far in this country. I never heard her complaining before, others are staring from the sidelines only to hear she is already compensated by the FG...Please we need to change this ideology.
You're not complaining bkos your people who participated in the dance of shame with her have been rewarded with plum jobs.
Nigeria is a country not worthy of patriotism so anything you do for Nigeria should be properly rewarded

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: What PDP Governors Discussed With Jonathan - Fayose / Desmond Elliot Celebrates His 48th Birthday (Photo) / Peter Obi & Datti's Wives Hold Town Hall Meeting With Kano State Women (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.