Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... (15706 Views)

Bode Mustapha Exposes Buhari's Real Enemies / Tension Grips Nigerian City As Separatist Leader Goes Missing - REUTERS / Cardinal Okogie Exposes Buhari - See Why He Is Afraid Of Restructuring Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Bethelwealthy(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:

1. Dangote is not building only a refinery, he's building the single largest refinery in the world to totally eradicate our fuel problems and export more for forex. This is more than enough reason to give him 10%

2. Dangote is not building only a refinery, he's building the largest fertilizer plant in Africa to to totally eradicate our fertilizer problems export more for forex. This is more than enough reason to give him 10%

3. Dangote is not building only a refinery, he's building the largest petrochemical plant in Africa to totally eradicate our petrochemical problems and export more for forex. This is more than enough reason to give him 10%

4. Dangote is not building only a refinery, he's building the largest Gas plant in Africa to totally eradicate our Gas and electricity problems and export more for forex. This is more than enough reason to give him 10%

5. Dangote is not building only a refinery, he's building the only sub sea pipeline 1000 kl to totally eradicate our fuel problems and export more for forex. This is more than enough reason to give him 10%

So, there are more than 1 projects and these projects are so groundbreaking that they totally addressed nearly everything we need to advance and develop as a nation.

It takes care or our fertilizer and farming problems for good

It takes care of our Gas and electricity problems

Nearly all our industries and factories imports petrochemicals, this takes care of all that and stops all importation of petrochemical products

It totally eradicate fuel problems and even no more fuel importation

The sub sea pipelines means huge jobs

All in all, we are talking about more than 1 critical and national interest project, these are multiple projects that you'd prob' spend more on if addressed individually..

How many projects in Nigeria or even proposed projects in Nigeria can addressed these huge National issues?

How many of them can create hundreds of thousands of jobs in the process that you know of that the government denied forex to function? Zero.

For you to conclude that this is one sided, you first have to state to us categorically and even list the companies that applied for forex to build such critical infrastructures that were denied and turned back by the FG because of the 10% given to Dangote.

All you anti unpatriotic and anti Nigerian elements are doing is blowing stale and rancid smoke, you care less about Nigeria and her interests, all you care about is her downfall and your silly and pathetic ipob.

losers....
in other words, all other businesses should fend for themselves, and if the millions they employ loose their living, its okay abi?
You are so daft understanding an argument makes you dance RAGGAE, instead of to dance BLUES. Can d biggest REFINERY IN AFRICA solve our oil problem if millions of other businesses are not protected?
You got ur brain in ur pocket if you think the biggest peteochemical company will make a meaning if these wicked policies put million other businesses to their forceful deaths.
You can list all the propaganda LARGEST THIS, and BIGGEST THAT for foolish and uneducated or ill-educated fellow like you but my point remains: SHIELD OTHER BUSINESSES FROM DYING OTHERWISE DANGOTE'S ACHIEVEMENT WILL MAKE NO MEANING IF UNEMPLOYMENT OCCASIONED BY WRONG FOREX POLICIES RENDER MILLIONS JOBLESS AND BUSINESSES MORIBUND..............
...................oga winner grin
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by bkool7(m): 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2016
evilapc:

I bet you are people so diabolically funny, now 10% is nothing to you, just because it your own people... well, if you must know, 10% is a huge number. ..

tell you baboon lord to give same 10% to other if it means nothing to people like you

have you even taken the time to ponder on the time positive effects Dangote refinery will have on ur economy and lives in general ?

why cant you guys just see the bigger picture . Who cares where Dangote is from execpt ur likes? Its what he has to offer that matters.
He is profering a lasting solution to what has been tormenting us for ages. And you're here talking 10%. Are you pervy to the MOU they signed with him?

My friend, while the govt is looking at the doughnut, all you see is the hole.
For that I can't blame you

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
[s]
Bethelwealthy:

in other words, all other businesses should fend for themselves, and if the millions they employ loose their living, its okay abi?
You are so daft understanding an argument makes you dance RAGGAE, instead of to dance BLUES. Can d biggest REFINERY IN AFRICA solve our oil problem if millions of other businesses are not protected?
You got ur brain in ur pocket if you think the biggest peteochemical company will make a meaning if these wicked policies put million other businesses to their forceful deaths.
You can list all the propaganda LARGEST THIS, and BIGGEST THAT for foolish and uneducated or ill-educated fellow like you but my point remains: SHIELD OTHER BUSINESSES FROM DYING OTHERWISE DANGOTE'S ACHIEVEMENT WILL MAKE NO MEANING IF UNEMPLOYMENT OCCASIONED BY WRONG FOREX POLICIES RENDER MILLIONS JOBLESS AND BUSINESSES MORIBUND..............
...................oga winner grin
[/s]

Common sense dictates that you list or show us the the so called businesses left fending for themselves and the ones the FG denied forex because 10% was given to Dangote instead of ranting and barking like a freeking bingo..

Daftness is you and your kind spewing unintelligent nonsense...

Unpatriotic losers..

2 Likes

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Db55889(m): 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
Wow!first time m actually taking time to read all the comments on a thread here on NL and I must say as a "novice" in these issues, arewa n d likes gave me reason to believe the 10% forex is actually a good move...people should try n state facts in arguments n not just hearsays and assumptions.My 2 cents!

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Bethelwealthy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

Common sense dictates that you list or show us the the so called businesses left fending for themselves and the ones the FG denied forex because 10% was given to Dangote instead of ranting and barking like a freeking bingo..

Daftness is you and your kind spewing unintelligent nonsense...

Unpatriotic losers..

Except you are blind and deaf, thats when you'll want me to prove to you that other businesses exist. Just wait there so i can list out over a thousand businesses for you before you agree. Businesses are closing shops, jobs are waning and obviously the economy is takeing back seat in africa yet someone like you want me to list "THOSE COMPANIES" out to you..............
Like i said, its either you are deaf, dumb and blind or just stupid...........
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Bethelwealthy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Db55889:
Wow!first time m actually taking time to read all the comments on a thread here on NL and I must say as a "novice" in these issues, arewa n d likes gave me reason to believe the 10% forex is actually a good move...people should try n state facts in arguments n not just hearsays and assumptions.My 2 cents!

My bros, 10% is justifiable if only you are looking thru one side of the prism. But if you chose to be objective and not subjective, you should ask why other companies were instructed to go to commercial banks and Bureau de change for their forex needs while just one, out of the million businesses in Nigeria has a national backbone. Dont other businesses need protection even if they are not as big as Dangote. While helping Dangote is not the issue, i'll like to find out if all the other companies dont employ Nigerians and if all of them put together doesnt employ more Nigerians than Dangote.
Bottomline: It is a good idea to cushion the effectz of the crazy forex policies, not just for dangote but all other businesses cuz in the end, dangote alone cannot solve Nigeria's impending unemployment problem. . . . what is good for the goose is good for the ganders.....
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Geniro: 4:00pm On Aug 28, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

My bros, 10% is justifiable if only you are looking thru one side of the prism. But if you chose to be objective and not subjective, you should ask why other companies were instructed to go to commercial banks and Bureau de change for their forex needs while just one, out of the million businesses in Nigeria has a national backbone. Dont other businesses need protection even if they are not as big as Dangote. While helping Dangote is not the issue, i'll like to find out if all the other companies dont employ Nigerians and if all of them put together doesnt employ more Nigerians than Dangote.
Bottomline: It is a good idea to cushion the effectz of the crazy forex policies, not just for dangote but all other businesses cuz in the end, dangote alone cannot solve Nigeria's impending unemployment problem. . . . what is good for the goose is good for the ganders.....

This guy knows. It is just common sense.
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

Except you are blind and deaf, thats when you'll want me to prove to you that other businesses exist. Just wait there so i can list out over a thousand businesses for you before you agree. Businesses are closing shops, jobs are waning and obviously the economy is takeing back seat in africa yet someone like you want me to list "THOSE COMPANIES" out to you..............
Like i said, its either you are deaf, dumb and blind or just stupid...........

1. The fact that other businesses exist doesn't mean they applied for forex to build critical and economically beneficial projects and were denied.

2. For you to opine anything about the disbursement of forex and any negativity involved per the 10% given to Dangote, you should first list the entities denied forex.

3. Companies close down for different reasons which has nothing to do with forex necessarily starting from the fact that many of them were already in debt and over leverage to survive and banks are not willing to loan them more money to stay afloat because the banks themselves are cash strapped since one of their main sources of cash is deposited stolen funds which they've returned to the government of confiscated by the FG and they no longer control our TSA funds.

There are a million and one reasons companies folds and not necessarily because of forex.

Bring with you some common sense and intelligent reasoning next time you post..

2 Likes

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Geniro: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
EVarn:
Petty sentiments will get Nigeria nowhere; this is a man who has decided to invest $10 billion on building the largest refinery in the world in a country that does not have a deregulated downstream oil sector,in a country that has failed to pass the monumental PIB for over a decade.
What other hope of local refining do we have?; once dangote gets his refinery working,it would definitely attract other investors to do the same(including those that have already been awarded license),then competition begins and fuel price get moderated.
You are accusing him of selling out dollars to the parallel market(a claim which you are unable to prove); but if he does that,how do you think he will complete his project?,do you imagine that the CBN does not monitor the flow of dollars within banks and BDCs?.Moreover,only a selected number of BDCs are licensed by the CBN to sell dollars,so how will they escape monitoring?
You people scream monopoly; is it his fault that many of our business men fail to explore business opportunities in Nigeria,instead the prefer to do "clearing and forwarding" importation.There is scarcity of tomato,cocoa,cotton and other commercial produts ,why can't our business men seize the opportunity to start producing these things en masse?,tomorrow if dangote decides to do it,they scream monopoly.

And you seriously believe giving an advantage to one man over others is a plus for healthy investments to occur. You are a clear novice for even insinuating the CBN has a fool proof to counter the incessant forex racketeering that happened in recent times unabated until when this stubborn admin decided to float the naira partially.

So you mean scarcity of tomato is because people are not into it or what ? Are you damn serious ? shocked. And who told you the cocoa business is dead ?

The solution is simple, create a level playing field for maximum benefits than giving an advantage just to one person citing his readiness. You believe other business will turn down the opportunity to invest if given the same 10% forex incentive.

There are thousands of business who employ millions closing down due to FX restrictions and here you are yapping on how Dangote will mop them up. What happens between now and whenever Dangote refinery is ready for business. Have you bothered to consider that ?
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 4:11pm On Aug 28, 2016
[s]
Bethelwealthy:

[/s]

Bethelwealthy:
.......when Boohuari have stroke and OSIBADE takes over, then you'll hear of OPERATION CROCODILE KISS.

You need to worry less about Nigeria and stick to your usual ipob, bigoted, anti Nigerian nonsense that you loser are known for..

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Bethelwealthy(m): 4:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:
[s][/s]

You need to worry less about Nigeria and stick to your usual ipob, bigoted, anti Nigerian nonsense that you loser are known for..
Malo spotted! Keep chewing ur Gworo grin
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by revolt(m): 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Buhari gave out licences, same way abacha gave out licences, a licence isn't enough reason to come do business. A Every investor needs guarantee on the safety of his investments. Even the banks will not give out loans if they fear loopholes in the sector being invested in. It should be noted that not everybody has the support and clout dangote enjoys from this govt. Why was dangote scared of building his refinery in the last admin?

If you don't put laws protecting investments in that sector nobody will put money in there. I expect the president to radically insist the Senate pass the PIB. Giving dangote our scarce forex at the detriment of all other businesses is terribly biased and bigoted.

I'm tired of this topic, and just like I spoke out during the ojota jamboree of 2012 and the resultant effect, I'll sit down and watch. we still remember what happened in the cement industry when dangote was the monopply,and how the fg sabotaged ibeto, cause no laws protected him.

Kill all other businesses so we have a dangote refinery, good buhari economics. I've never heard where fg finds a private business and destroys others. Some people still think it's equity .
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 5:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

Malo spotted! Keep chewing ur Gworo grin

In this area, I have no problem with you since this is really the kind of idiotic and bigoted nonsense you are known for and exactly what I was asking you to stick to instead of masquerading around like you really care about Nigeria when in fact you are just another anti Nigerian ipob....

I care less about your ipob trash, but go back to the topic to spew trash and I'll be there to trash you like I've been doing..

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
revolt:
Buhari gave out licences, same way abacha gave out licences, a licence isn't enough reason to come do business. A Every investor needs guarantee on the safety of his investments. Even the banks will not give out loans if they fear loopholes in the sector being invested in. It should be noted that not everybody has the support and clout dangote enjoys from this govt. Why was dangote scared of building his refinery in the last admin?

If you don't put laws protecting investments in that sector nobody will put money in there. I expect the president to radically insist the Senate pass the PIB. Giving dangote our scarce forex at the detriment of all other businesses is terribly biased and bigoted.

I'm tired of this topic, and just like I spoke out during the ojota jamboree of 2012 and the resultant effect, I'll sit down and watch. we still remember what happened in the cement industry when dangote was the monopply,and how the fg sabotaged ibeto, cause no laws protected him.

Kill all other businesses so we have a dangote refinery, good buhari economics. I've never heard where fg finds a private business and destroys others. Some people still think it's equity .

1. Your looting and stealing jona and his PDP gang looted our forex dry to the bone and this is the reason why we have to prioritize where and how we allocate our meager forex.

2. Dangote's projects are of vital National interests and he obviously justified the 10% allocated to his company.

3. If you have anything against it, it is your burden to let us know the companies with such groundbreaking projects with significant National economic impact like Dangote's projects that were denied forex.

4. 100% - 10% = 90%. Meaning we still have 90% left many many more investors like Dangote so what's your crocodile tears point?

All you Igbos and anti Nigerian elements are doing is crying and spewing ignorant and emotional trash with zero logic and rationale..

2 Likes

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by gawu1: 6:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=EVarn post=48849153]It is a simple matter of common sense; innoson imports most of its parts from Germany,airliners are heavy consumers of forex because they refuse to deal in the local curency,banks are sellers of forex and would therefore naturally clamour for more even if it is harmful(so far they make their profit),telecom firms consume forex indiscriminately because they also deal in foreign currency; most of these companies are not even listed on the stock exchange.Should we dash out our forex to importers rather than manufacturers?.
Let them find ways to source local components for their services.
About the PIB,I think that is a matter for the legislature; if the executive were to be given emergency powers,they could adopt models of the PIB to develop the oil sector.As it is,we are at the mercy of greedy legislatives and if I recall correctly,PIB has been on the table since Obasanjo's administeration,this current administeration claims that it will unbundled the bill into smaller sections for easy passage,let see how that goes.lt is common sense.[/quote
More grease to your elbow! You are really educating some ignorance here to at least be reasonable for ones. But, will they?

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by gawu1: 6:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
EVarn:
It is a simple matter of common sense; innoson imports most of its parts from Germany,airliners are heavy consumers of forex because they refuse to deal in the local curency,banks are sellers of forex and would therefore naturally clamour for more even if it is harmful(so far they make their profit),telecom firms consume forex indiscriminately because they also deal in foreign currency; most of these companies are not even listed on the stock exchange.Should we dash out our forex to importers rather than manufacturers?.
Let them find ways to source local components for their services.
About the PIB,I think that is a matter for the legislature; if the executive were to be given emergency powers,they could adopt models of the PIB to develop the oil sector.As it is,we are at the mercy of greedy legislatives and if I recall correctly,PIB has been on the table since Obasanjo's administeration,this current administeration claims that it will unbundled the bill into smaller sections for easy passage,let see how that goes.lt is common sense.
More grease to your elbow! You are really educating some ignorance here to be at least reasonable for ones. But, will they?

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Bethelwealthy(m): 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:

In this area, I have no problem with you since this is really the kind of idiotic and bigoted nonsense you are known for and exactly what I was asking you to stick to instead of masquerading around like you really care about Nigeria when in fact you are just another anti Nigerian ipob....

I care less about your ipob trash, but go back to the topic to spew trash and I'll be there to trash you like I've been doing..

Congrat my brother, You medal is waiting.
D reason d north will always be backward inspite of their access to power and resource is because they are brain-dead. If you are indeed concerned by Nigeria wouldnt you rather clamour for a level playing ground.??
inside ur stupid mind, you are thrasing me abi?
No be small thing grin
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
[s]
Bethelwealthy:

Congrat my brother, You medal is waiting.
D reason d north will always be backward inspite of their access to power and resource is because they are brain-dead. If you are indeed concerned by Nigeria wouldnt you rather clamour for a level playing ground.??
inside ur stupid mind, you are thrasing me abi?
No be small thing grin
[/s]

Bethelwealthy:
.........The ZOMBIES will still chant SAI BUHARI.
........................or blame GEJ.

Worry about your ipob and let Nigerians worry about Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4N6kreK0JU

How can any Nation industrialize without petrochemicals when it's the basic foundation of manufacturing?

How can any Nation attain food security, diversify and export without self sufficiency in fertilizer?

Nigeria has more arable and agriculture land than China

How can any any Nation attain stable electricity without self sufficiency in Gas production that alone is going to give us at least 12000MW of electricity.?

How can any Nation progress without jobs. These projects alone are going to generate hundreds of thousand of jobs, generate taxes for Lagos and the FG...

These projects alone totally diversified our whole economy..

10% well spent..

Very inspiring..

2 Likes

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8pog4rP7Io

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless Dangote..

2 Likes

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE3NJaZYD4k

Members Of The British Parliament..

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by EVarn(m): 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2016
Geniro:

And you seriously believe giving an advantage to one man over others is a plus for healthy investments to occur. You are a clear novice for even insinuating the CBN has a fool proof to counter the incessant forex racketeering that happened in recent times unabated until when this stubborn admin decided to float the naira partially.

So you mean scarcity of tomato is because people are not into it or what ? Are you damn serious ? shocked. And who told you the cocoa business is dead ?

The solution is simple, create a level playing field for maximum benefits than giving an advantage just to one person citing his readiness. You believe other business will turn down the opportunity to invest if given the same 10% forex incentive.

There are thousands of business who employ millions closing down due to FX restrictions and here you are yapping on how Dangote will mop them up. What happens between now and whenever Dangote refinery is ready for business. Have you bothered to consider that ?
Should we deny dangote forex simply because we want to "level the playing field"?,who are the players on the field and what are the scores?.
Cocoa and cotton are nearly moribund compared to what we had in the 1960s,we are not even anywhere near top 5 in producing these commodities anymore.Dangote has already acquired over 80,000 hectares of land all over Nigeria for rice production(infact he is about to harvest his first barge of grains),why aren't other business men following suite?,tomorrow if he decides to take advantage of the gap and start assembling cocoa and groundnut pyramids,we will start hearing monopoly.You can't blame him for the laziness of the Nigerian business elite.
Let people come in,and they will be given forex.
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by Db55889(m): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2016
Bethelwealthy:

As has been pointed out by some guys on here with supporting links; some other projects in d "league" of d refinery r also getting ds special attention maybe not as much as Dangote. We have so many issues and we can't deal wit everytin all at once,there has to be priorities. I really have so much to say buh den m a very bad typist lol...anyway don't mind my shallow argument, m just an ordinary Nigeria who cares less about all the economic BS we're always being sold.I want respite and this seems like a step in the right direction.
NB:m a freelancer so my stand doesn't reflect any political/ethnic reasoning.Peace bro!

1 Like

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by anonimi: 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
aresa:
Members Of The British Parliament..

Were they also paid $700,000 appearance fee like Clinton
Keep fooling your zombies, you hear!

Bill Clinton once made $1.3 million in TWO DAYS from speaking gigs and has made $105m in twelve years

THISDAY Newspaper Group paid Clinton $700,000 for a Lagos, Nigeria speech on March 25, 2011. The organization paid Clinton an additional $700,000 for a February 13, 2012 speech.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2672292/Bill-Clinton-1-3-million-TWO-DAYS-speaking-gigs.html#ixzz4IeyfagPL

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by anonimi: 9:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
EVarn:
Should we deny dangote forex simply because we want to "level the playing field"?,

Yes.
Dangote is a business man. He is not running a philantropy the last time I checked. Or is he
How much TAXES is he paying sef? Or rather how much tax is he NOT paying?
Na so monopoly of too-big-to-fail but without benefit to the people dey start for Buhari's 97%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYUBTU2ZgFY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 10:30pm On Aug 28, 2016

The Nigerian Dream Team...
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by aresa: 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2016

800 Nigerians Sponsored by Dangote Group Departs India to Study Refinery Operations

As part of its plan to commence the Dangote Petrochemical refinery in 2018,Dangote Group has sent its first batch of management trainees to India.

The 50 engineers will gain expo training and capacity building on the technicalities, models, and framework of the refinery, by world class experts and professionals.

Some of the trainees who spoke to Proshare WebTV, were excited that they will be part of the team that will design, construct and drive the operations of the Dangote petrochemical refinery.
For them it was a landmark and history in the making, as they will be pioneers of what will emerge as the single largest refinery in the globe..

According to Mr Mohan Kumar, Director Human Capital Management & Project Support, the objective of the “training scheme” is geared towards building the Nigerian talent, improving the core competence of the trainees and exposing them to the latest technologies in the petrochemical industry.

Mr Kumar particularly noted that the Group was in partnership with an Indian company, that will also equip the Nigerian trainees on design engineering.
Also speaking Engr. Mansur Ahmed, Executive Director Stakeholder Management and Corporate Communictaions said the 1-year training programme for all the engineers ,will give them an opportunity to understudy the functionalities of refineries in India.
The Dangote Petrochemical Refinery, with an earmarked production capacity of 650,000bpd is to be located in the Lekki Free Trade Zone, Lagos.
Valued at about $14bl the refinery which will comprise the petrochemical and fertilizer plants, when completed will change the landscape of the Nigerian economy.
It is an ambitious project of the Dangote Group, that is determined to address the socio-economic challenge of perennial “ long fuel queues” in the nation.

http://webtvng.com/news/507.html

Wonderful byproducts of our 10%.

Imagine 800 young Nigerians with technological know how in refinery, petrochemical, fertilizer and gas plant operations. Never before in the history of Nigeria. The sky is the limit.

And they'll return to pass the knowledge to many many more Nigerians.

Dangote is a National asset for sure...
Re: A $100 Million Gift : Reuters Exposes Buhari Govt Gave Dangote 10% Of All CBN... by printercry: 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
cry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency Lists 10 Things To Know About Nigeria's Rising Economy / Dangote: My Refinery Will Be Ready For Commissioning Before End Of PMB Tenure / Peter Obi: Nigeria Owes A Debt That That Could Build 160 Kainji Dams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.