Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son (79125 Views)

61 Priests Bury Stella Oduah's Son... (Pics) / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Vigil Mass In Anambra (Photos) / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by OscaZee: 10:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
jlinkd78:
Didn't see where Pharmacist was mentioned in DAT writeup. Most Hospitals in a bid to cut costs just engage the services of nurses who barely know about drug interactions to dispense medications and in d process avoidable deaths end up taking lives. Rest in Peace.

Didn't see where a nurse is mentioned in that write up though..
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by CioAngels(f): 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2016
We will just continue to plead His on us to wardoff illness. A Nigerian medical personel who lived abroad died few years ago as a result of wrong prescription, so her husband said.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by CioAngels(f): 10:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
We will just continue to plead His grace on us to wardoff illness. A Nigerian medical personel who lived abroad died few years ago as a result of wrong prescription(injection), so her husband said.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by armadeo(m): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
millionaireman:
I was having serious problem in the throat one day. I went to[b] Federal Medical Centre, Owerri[/b] for treatment. I arrived there by about 08:40.

I waited till 11:35 before doctors started to arrive the hospital. There were other dying patients rolling on the floor, no doctor. The nurses engaged in signing Christian songs and prayers with the patients without doctors.

When eventually I met a doctor, he had no patience to listen to my complaints, as he was busy chatting over domestic matters with the nurse.

I was told the doctors would gradually start going home about 14:00 hrs.
[b]
That day I swore against the practice method in the Zoooooo[/b]o.

Are you alright?

2 Likes

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by grandstar(m): 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
they might as well kill the woman. it's enough to send her to an early grave
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by foxy2002: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
More like ostrich play undecided
gebest:
Eyaah too bad, i said it b4 dat i suspect fowl play. Many doctors are not surpose to be called doctor. RIP boy
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by madridguy(m): 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
You know we no dey appreciate ourselves.

buffalowings:

Amen

On another note, why must we have a foreign owned hospital in this country.. our hospitals are crass.

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by Saint83(m): 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2016
I am suspecting this write up,I sense aan incomplete story.... By the way where is your source ?
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by Kemillion(m): 12:09am On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=saaedlee post=48852239]

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/27/wrong-medication-kills-senator-stella-oduah%E2%80%99s-first-son-abuja
dis kind person come be 28yrs hw old aki and paw paw go be
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by Gamesmart: 12:28am On Aug 28, 2016
Keneking:
Why was his name different?

His mother is a slut that sleeps around.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by talktonase(m): 12:53am On Aug 28, 2016
smart024:

I hope you were not reading this with your phone upsidedown...?
It said he died in a Turkish hospital and you turned to blame it on Nigerian doctors...
the same Turkish and indian hospitals that could not diagnose simple ulcer but prefered to collect thousands of naira.My problem with Nigerians is that they give much prestige to foreign establishments that have little or nothing to offer...

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by talktonase(m): 12:58am On Aug 28, 2016
jlinkd78:
Didn't see where Pharmacist was mentioned in DAT writeup. Most Hospitals in a bid to cut costs just engage the services of nurses who barely know about drug interactions to dispense medications and in d process avoidable deaths end up taking lives. Rest in Peace.
There is a connection between diagnosis and prescription.Doc &Pharm...To bad for the patient that meets a doctor that does both...
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by talktonase(m): 1:08am On Aug 28, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

u are so much pained and miserable....seems non of ur relative let alone of your family member is doctor..beef on..
Yes my younger brother is about proceeding to LomaLinda school of health after his 6yrs sojourn in one of the sch of med in the south south.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by talktonase(m): 1:41am On Aug 28, 2016
jlinkd78:
doctors,pharmacist,anatomist,nurses,lab scientist,record keepers etc all nah the same trailer carry them.I lost my aunt due to the quackery of health workers in a private hospital...leave story for journalist abeg.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by truthspeaks: 3:25am On Aug 28, 2016
The incident hapnd in Turkish hospital. No blame 9ja doctors oo
talktonase:
The sad end of falling ill in Nigeria...Some doctors and pharmacist behave like they were trained by plumbers and carpenters.May his soul RIP
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by nurseafrica: 4:46am On Aug 28, 2016
jlinkd78:
Your generation is cursed USELESS FOOL.what brought about nurses into this jist. Can't you defend your half baked expo local graduate pharmacist colleagues. With out passing the blame. DO YOU KNOW WHO A NIGERIAN NURSE IS AND THE SECURITY INVOLVED IN OUR COUNCIL EXAM. THE ONLY CREDIBLE AND INTERNATIONALLY MALPRACTICE FREE EXAM IN NIGERIA. LITTLE WANDER OUR NURSE'S ARE SOUGHT AFTER GLOBALLY. GO TO SAUDI ARABIA THE HEALTH AUTHORITY ALLOW THE NRN.TOUCH PATIENTS WITHOUT ANY FURTHER. ITS FOOLS LIKE YOU THAT TRAIN SMALL GIRLS AND GV THEM WHITE TO WEAR. USELESS PHARMACIST. Its you useless pharmacist filling like Dr that always substitute prescription with your limited knowledge of Physiology. Not knowing that a drug could be prescribed for its other effect as against the acclaimed Therapeutic effect. Useless dumb pharmacist. Which health practioners are making Nigeria proud globally. E
G reginna askia. Nurseafrica. Foolish pharmacist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by drberry(m): 5:23am On Aug 28, 2016
jlinkd78:
Who said Nurses don't know about drug interactions? Maybe you should correct that notion and probably rephrase your statement to "quacks don't know about drug interactions". RIP to tell dead.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by modath(f): 5:31am On Aug 28, 2016
billyG:
Kai!i felt her pain sons wey hard to born.

& Daughters are easy ? Their mothers spit them out right? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by Missonas(f): 5:33am On Aug 28, 2016
Wasn't it thesame ish that ended Amaka of the popoular hembelembe's life? So sad!
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by machinery1: 6:18am On Aug 28, 2016
igboboy3:

You are not qualified to write in English Language

Lolzz. Wickedness
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by stokfrick: 6:30am On Aug 28, 2016
nurseafrica:

Your generation is cursed USELESS FOOL.what brought about nurses into this jist. Can't you defend your half baked expo local graduate pharmacist colleagues. With out passing the blame. DO YOU KNOW WHO A NIGERIAN NURSE IS AND THE SECURITY INVOLVED IN OUR COUNCIL EXAM. THE ONLY CREDIBLE AND INTERNATIONALLY MALPRACTICE FREE EXAM IN NIGERIA. LITTLE WANDER OUR NURSE'S ARE SOUGHT AFTER GLOBALLY. GO TO SAUDI ARABIA THE HEALTH AUTHORITY ALLOW THE NRN.TOUCH PATIENTS WITHOUT ANY FURTHER. ITS FOOLS LIKE YOU THAT TRAIN SMALL GIRLS AND GV THEM WHITE TO WEAR. USELESS PHARMACIST. Its you useless pharmacist filling like Dr that always substitute prescription with your limited knowledge of Physiology. Not knowing that a drug could be prescribed for its other effect as against the acclaimed Therapeutic effect. Useless dumb pharmacist. Which health practioners are making Nigeria proud globally. E
G reginna askia. Nurseafrica. Foolish pharmacist

Will u shut the mess up already? If u were not an empty headed uninformed nurse, u should have known that most so called private hospitals in Nigeria don't even have a pharmacy department, and even most that have shy away from employing pharmacists. Instead choose to employ the services of nurses either bsc, diploma or auxiliary nurses just because of regulatory requirements and to cut cost. And FYI, let me categorically state here that be you an auxilary nurse, bsc nurse, and not even a doctor, no mater your shallow knowledge of pharmacology, can stand in place of a pharmacist- the custodian of drugs, cos the success of drug therapy depends on more than just a shallow knowledge of pharmacology. And that's why drug related therapeutic failures abound in Nigerian healthcare system cos our healthcare professionals here fail to recognize the limits of their profession.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by billyG(m): 6:51am On Aug 28, 2016
modath:

I mean scarce 2 conceive,but shoving ya head up ya Ass is tantamount 2 suicide.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by Burgerlomo: 6:57am On Aug 28, 2016
madridguy:
Oluwa mafi Ina omo jo awon Obi wa ati awa na.

RIP Maxwell Chinedu.

Madam Stella, God Almighty will comfort you.

So painful.

Amin o Jesu
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by billyG(m): 7:00am On Aug 28, 2016
modath:

If u are so pained u need 2 go & Hang not shove ya head in ya shiitting ass.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by Burgerlomo: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2016
R.I.P may the good Lord comfort your family.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by donodion(m): 7:07am On Aug 28, 2016
elomez:

Now you're talking nonsense. Did you know the hospital he was taken to? In case you don't know, the Turkish hospital in Abuja is one of the best hospitals having foreign trained doctors and nurses and also well trained doctors and nurses from Nigeria. A medical doctor made a silly mistake that cost the life of a patient there and you're are here insulting nurses? What do you mean by that? Which nurse does not have pharmacological knowledge be it the one who did bnsc or the one who did diploma? I don't even need to talk to you because it's your type that does not know the difference between a registered nurse and the quacks that are trained by so called doctors who employ them for cheap labour. And I know it's those types you patronized and you're here insulting well trained registered nurses for the mistake of one medical doctor.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap!!!
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by donodion(m): 7:15am On Aug 28, 2016
Apologies.. double post
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by donodion(m): 7:15am On Aug 28, 2016
This is an unfortunate episode really.

Wrong prescription, misdiagnosis,n negligence, impatience on the part of the consultant and health care providers, are among the numerous hazards and human errors in health care practises globally.

RIP to the deceased.
Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by GogetterMD(m): 7:16am On Aug 28, 2016
igboboy3:
First of all, these pictures should not be up because they are infringing on the privacy of the late man and his mum.

There is a difference between a wrong prescription and an adverse drug reaction.
If it were really a wrong prescription, Senator Oduah is powerful enough to put that hospital out of business.
3 sentences to drive home your points, esp the second one. Splendid.
People, including Sahara reporters be quick to castigate without proper investigations as to what went wrong

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by Ademola121(m): 7:37am On Aug 28, 2016
Bottom line is, do all you need to do to be on the good side of God.

I am not in the position to judge but never play with public posts and funds.

I have been studying how nature rewards good or bad deeds done with public offices and have seen its through their children.

I won't cite examples but look deep and you will see. RIP to the dead.

We are all going to die later and we pray we grow old but always look to do good in the presence of God.

Do good to people and heaven will protect your children even long after you have gone.

Kaka ki Omo oloto jin si koto, mona mona Oloun a tan.

At the brim of a good man's child falling into the ditch, God shines His light

He who has ears, let them hear. If God commits power and resources in your care to help people and you mis-manage or misuse such privilege, it hs dire consequences.

Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son by Originalsly: 8:00am On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmm.....doctor?...tooth surgery?... wrong medication? ......... dentist?...extraction?...and how many different medications are involved for extractions to make mistake?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rebecca Ishaku Excited Seeing Released Chibok Girls On TV - Pics/Video / Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) / Osun Rerun Election Results: Live Updates As Collation Of Results Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.