Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (910204 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2016
I'm afraid your advice about funds is both incorrect and misleading. According to CIC, at least one year's worth of tuition plus at least $10k CAD for living expenses must be shown the proof of funds document. The inflow and outflow of the account is secondary to that (I would argue this is mostly unimportant, unless there's a lodgement problem). This has been discussed repeatedly on this thread, and I'm honestly surprised at your assertion encouraging the submission of account balances that are much less that the required CIC amount. Your advice is harmful, because it will almost always result in an "insufficient funds" denial.
Igbouwanile:

First, calculate his balance to know the equivalent in naira, [s]if up to 2million but with good inflow & outflow then u are good[/s], remember not to lodge cash>> and show proof of ur fees payment by him.. I hope his strong Canadian status doesnt play in..

Secondly, since u've submitted u dnt need to bother, jst make sure u do a steady follow up of ur application to knw hwfr, & ensure u get all corresponding messages e.g application received message and application forwarded message, above all pray for faster processing like everyone else would do, then the highest tin would b deferral if late while keeping hope alive, provided the embassy wana issue you visa by Gods grace.. hope i answered you?...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by SRK1(m): 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hello guys! How are you people?

I have some dollars I wish to sell at a VERY GOOD RATE to the interested buyer, although it is a small sum. But, I will bring a FAR better deal by next week!

Who wants to take this chance to have a CONSTANT dollar seller, who is willing to sell at a cheap rate? Please, contact at: yourwriter01@gmail.com

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jideanny118(m): 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
Am 17.i have 3 years canadian visa and 2 years American visa.I need a way to be based abroad abeg.Not just staying but also studying.
Please help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
guyjones1:
Canada

Browse List of Canadian universities that accepts pass for undergraduate courses in science

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
thesoj:
I'm afraid your advice about funds is both incorrect and misleading. According to CIC, at least one year's worth of tuition plus at least $10k CAD for living expenses must be shown the proof of funds document. The inflow and outflow of the account is secondary to that (I would argue this is mostly unimportant, unless there's a lodgement problem). This has been discussed repeatedly on this thread, and I'm honestly surprised at your assertion encouraging the submission of account balances that are much less that the required CIC amount. Your advice is harmful, because it will almost always result in an "insufficient funds" denial.

You just went ahead to attack my post angrily without seeing de funding/scholarship aspect i wrote... how on earth will that amount be able to cater for de person if he/she is not on funding or scholarship
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
good evening guys, pls how much is the application fee for admission @ western university
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rheginarh(f): 8:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
sleekysoft:
bros to be honest funaab been messing up and same issue am having with them not giving out student copy of transcript to use for my Msc admission process finished since 2014 and no convo nor call for certificate.. them just tire me . kindly send me an email so we can talk better

Sleekysoft, wel am a unabite too, finshd 2014 too, dat certificate tin don tire me cos i needed it, but i was able to use letter of attestation for everything, but d transcript thing is a general rule not just unaab, most skuls dont give student copy,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rheginarh(f): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
bolajibreeze:
Hello, please I need an urgent response. I was in FUNAAB for 2 years before I transferred to a college in Canada. I was looking to go to university but would need to transfer my credit. I didn't inform the school before I left because I had no time, I sent my mum to the school and they told her some ridiculous stuff that I had to collect relief letters before I had left and I have to now write jamb again after keeping a 3pt gp not owing fees and paying all dues, what do I need jamb for in Canada, I just need to transfer my GP from one school to another. Is it legality for a school to withhold your transcript. I am not only irritated but completely annoyed by what's going on. Any experiences or advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

I sincerely doubt anything can be done, because you ought to have informed the school before you left or something, because now it looks lik you droped out, yu didnt graduate or finsh, but ds new unaab vc is not really a serious person but your mum can try talkn to some senate pple sha, all the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 8:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
Providing evidence to dispute your assertion is not an attack and neither is it angry.

In your post I responded to, you stated nothing about funding or scholarship, and you clearly stated that it is fine if the applicant's proof of funds are up to N2m as long as inflows and outflows are "good". I dispute this because it is incorrect and misleading. Your mention of scholarship funding only came up in your subsequent post where you stated that less than N2m is fine if he has a scholarship. Both posts are mostly inaccurate, and at best vague.

To specifically address your second post, less than N2m in the account is sufficient only if the amount not covered by the scholarship is significantly less than N2m. Your posts made a number of blanket statements that I dispute, but there's nothing about my response to your posts that is meant to get you angry.

Disagreeing with your post is not an "angry" attack.
Igbouwanile:
You just went ahead to attack my post angrily without seeing de funding/scholarship aspect i wrote... how on earth will that amount be able to cater for de person if he/she is not on funding or scholarship

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by atrapon(m): 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
One hurdle passed,onto the next one...MUN masters admission granted ,buh not without tension,d delay no be here....TRV in sight

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abestine(m): 9:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
rheginarh:

Sleekysoft, wel am a unabite too, finshd 2014 too, dat certificate tin don tire me cos i needed it, but i was able to use letter of attestation for everything, but d transcript thing is a general rule not just unaab, most skuls dont give student copy,

I like Ur claim MOST schools, but not all, my school (FUTA) give student copy, which is unofficial, you apply for it they way you apply for official, and that's what I used for my admission application before the Faculty of Graduate Studies requested for official which was sent directly from the school under official seal to the address I submitted.

I think schools should be able to give student unofficial copy for personal runs

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
Frostbaby:
To God Almighty be the glory

Got passport request this morning
Applied :July 29th
Biometrics : August 1st
Upfront medical
Medical passed : sept 2nd
Passport request : Oct 27th

University of manitoba, Msc soil science

TRV hopefuls cheer up. It will end in praise.

Congrats Frostbaby.

Glad to be back after a long while..

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mryoung16: 9:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
seun7730:
it's just $250 with the hope to pay the remaining after i get my trv.

Hi seun7730, please which school did u applied to? and what's the program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by RichardNnamdi: 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
Igbouwanile:

How much is it? & are u on funding/scholarship? if so den i tink any amount below 2mill will b okay but wt very gud inflow & outflow dat shows money komz in & goes out of de account.

My sponsors closing balance is $1800... But his salary is $3thousand+ weekly... Money flows in and out
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
atrapon:
One hurdle passed,onto the next one...MUN masters admission granted ,buh not without tension,d delay no be here....TRV in sight

Congratz.... start gathering your visa documents.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by taiwo92(m): 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
@atrapon congrat, which course are u going for. I also applied but mine is against 2017/2018 fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by LasBonBoi: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
When I was planning my Canadian Study about 7 years ago, I always wondered if I would ever get enough information to make a decision or to know what to expect from Canada visa requirements. My major unanswered questions were surrounding the part where I would have to deal with the visa processing.
I appreciate Nairaland's "Travelling to Canada" topic for giving me information enough to know what to expect about visa processing delays, people sharing reasons why they were denied, people sharing individual visa case-specific timeline and many more information of value.
Unfortunately this advantage, in my opinion, is seeping away as this very helpful Nairaland topic grows bigger;
1. Visa hopefuls are like a community, they love to hear from each-other and keep updated but searching through posts for update is somewhat tedious
2. Keeping everyone within this community is challenging. To remember the names and follow up with the update posts is not an easy task.
3. Huge bank of visa application outcomes and timelines leading to the outcome is almost impossible to track
4. The "Travelling to Canada" topic is now so big. Getting the right information may not be fast; a question important to you may be quickly buried in the topic pages
5. There is no single point of reference. Questions are answered mostly based out of individual's experience and understanding.

The values listed above are very vital, I hate to see vital values murdered. I have a solution and I honestly hope it would help the people that values it.

I came up with a form for applicants to fill in their application timeline and status updates. Users can update application information anytime. All inputs go in to a spreadsheet available online and accessible to all. Summary of inputs are available to users. Now anyone can keep ahead of what's happening and the history is not lost.

I would appreciate if the moderator of this topic can promote the use of this form.
Sometimes, solutions are just so simple.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
metrecube:

Secondary High school transcript is your result from ss1 to ss3. It will be prepared by your high school on their letterhead paper and sign by the school principal. Its always issue on demand.

High school graduation certificate is ur normal high school certificate either waec or neco certificate.
jesus

i barely passed maths from ss1 to ss3
hope that wont affect me.

kai lots of f in math and further maths

thanks for the reply sir.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nozzle(m): 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
Frostbaby:
To God Almighty be the glory

Got passport request this morning
Applied :July 29th
Biometrics : August 1st
Upfront medical
Medical passed : sept 2nd
Passport request : Oct 27th

University of manitoba, Msc soil science

TRV hopefuls cheer up. It will end in praise.
A big congrats o you... frostbaby
Please U of M scholarship...whats the criteria? what qualifies one for it?
i am looking at a MSc in Mech engineering in U of M.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Tarry(m): 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
RichardNnamdi:

My sponsors closing balance is $1800... But his salary is $3thousand+ weekly... Money flows in and out

your sponsor balance is quite low but I think you still have a good chance because first he has paid your tuition fee and secondly he is based in Canada and on good income.

What VO are concern about is ability to meet the financial requirement and this is evidently the case with your sponsor

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
thesoj:
Providing evidence to dispute your assertion is not an attack and neither is it angry.

In your post I responded to, you stated nothing about funding or scholarship, and you clearly stated that it is fine if the applicant's proof of funds are up to N2m as long as inflows and outflows are "good". I dispute this because it is incorrect and misleading. Your mention of scholarship funding only came up in your subsequent post where you stated that less than N2m is fine if he has a scholarship. Both posts are mostly inaccurate, and at best vague.

To specifically address your second post, less than N2m in the account is sufficient only if the amount not covered by the scholarship is significantly less than N2m. Your posts made a number of blanket statements that I dispute, but there's nothing about my response to your posts that is meant to get you angry.

Disagreeing with your post is not an "angry" attack.

Then u really have to read line by line to see where I mentioned funding/scholarship coz if u review my post very well as regards dat u will see it & not coming up 2 attack in such manner.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
hello house....
gathering my visa application documents...please what do u guys think about this:

i want to use my uncles accounting firm as sponsor
wit almost 80million SOA
thou he his the owner, but partnering firm to an american firm
stating that his firm grants me a schlorship to study a year prog of 18k tuition and 10k accomodation/feeding.

is it possible to use it that way or what do u guys suggest ?

,??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bolajibreeze: 12:03am On Oct 28, 2016
rheginarh:

I sincerely doubt anything can be done, because you ought to have informed the school before you left or something, because now it looks lik you droped out, yu didnt graduate or finsh, but ds new unaab vc is not really a serious person but your mum can try talkn to some senate pple sha, all the best

I'm not returning for study so I don't think it's even legal for them because of bad Belle to hold my credit transfers after paying all dues and not owing money. Left or stayed, I just need my records for my previous years to use as transcript. Simpu
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Frostbaby: 5:30am On Oct 28, 2016
Hello house,
Am i required to pay any fees when going to submit my passport for stamping at the same centre i did my biometrics?
I received my passport request mail.
Urgent, thanks.
My application was online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 6:35am On Oct 28, 2016
michaelbelgium:
Emma4eva,
pls during your application to ryerson uni...were you mandated to get a supervisor
because they told me contacting a supervisor is optional
the supervisors i have written to are yet to respond
M.Eng programs doesnt require you to get a supervisor... I repeat again 'apply to western university as well'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sleekysoft(m): 6:43am On Oct 28, 2016
Really
well i do even tire sef.. can we talk so better if you wont mind sending me and email, i think the school is in a mess management wise
please kindly reach out to me. i will appreciate

rheginarh:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sleekysoft(m): 6:45am On Oct 28, 2016
how are you bros how long did it take ?
studied animal science with a B.agric but a plant science lecturer told me to apply and indicate my interest in working with him wont that be stresful ?
atrapon:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sleekysoft(m): 6:49am On Oct 28, 2016
hi frosty
was it paper or online route??
Frostbaby:
Hello house,
Am i required to pay any fees when going to submit my passport for stamping at the same centre i did my biometrics?
I received my passport request mail.
Urgent, thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 6:49am On Oct 28, 2016
LasBonBoi:
When I was planning my Canadian Study about 7 years ago, I always wondered if I would ever get enough information to make a decision or to know what to expect from Canada visa requirements. My major unanswered questions were surrounding the part where I would have to deal with the visa processing.
I appreciate Nairaland's "Travelling to Canada" topic for giving me information enough to know what to expect about visa processing delays, people sharing reasons why they were denied, people sharing individual visa case-specific timeline and many more information of value.
Unfortunately this advantage, in my opinion, is seeping away as this very helpful Nairaland topic grows bigger;
1. Visa hopefuls are like a community, they love to hear from each-other and keep updated but searching through posts for update is somewhat tedious
2. Keeping everyone within this community is challenging. To remember the names and follow up with the update posts is not an easy task.
3. Huge bank of visa application outcomes and timelines leading to the outcome is almost impossible to track
4. The "Travelling to Canada" topic is now so big. Getting the right information may not be fast; a question important to you may be quickly buried in the topic pages
5. There is no single point of reference. Questions are answered mostly based out of individual's experience and understanding.

The values listed above are very vital, I hate to see vital values murdered. I have a solution and I honestly hope it would help the people that values it.

I came up with a form for applicants to fill in their application timeline and status updates. Users can update application information anytime. All inputs go in to a spreadsheet available online and accessible to all. Summary of inputs are available to users. Now anyone can keep ahead of what's happening and the history is not lost.

I would appreciate if the moderator of this topic can promote the use of this form.
Sometimes, solutions are just so simple.

LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (WINTER 2017

1. Oladesuk: July 22nd, Red river college, online route, PASSPORT REQUEST(99.9%)
2. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
3. emma4eva : sept 4th, MEng. western university, online
4. anyachostan: sept 19th, university of Saskatchewan,Msc upfront medical, paper route.
5. Daarey: Aug 17th, University of Prince Edwrad Island, UG, Online DELAYED
6. Ajayi4: August 11, MA, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Paper Route, MEDICAL PASSED
7. nonny1: August 22, MSc, University of Saskatchewan, Paper route MEDICAL PASSED
8. bbwollex: Sept 22nd, Humber college PGC, paper route
9. temitopej: Sept 28th, Seneca College PGC, paper route
10. Mikymiko: October 19th, Masters, Brandon University, paper route
11. xyoung: October 21st, MEng, Uregina, Paper route
12. realdrayne : October 20th, PGC, Lambton College, paper route, Upfront Medicals.
13. ramsol00: October 21st, Masters, University of New Brunswick , Online route.
14. Benstone : August 4th, MBA University of Regina, Paper Route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 6:58am On Oct 28, 2016
LasBonBoi:

Its funny that you got your study permit on Dec 14, 2011 through this thread but never came back here to help since then

This is one of the biggest probs in this section people disappeared the moment they got what they want and suddenly become supper busy to help others with any little info.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.