Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909254 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:26am On Jan 13, 2017
Hmmmm, this your caip file contain wella o. grin grin grin grin
1. lets analyse what the V.O meant by "PA's career history" what is your employment history like?
1a.@age 40, what have you been involved in since finishing your undergraduate study?
1b. Any education or career gap? if any, did you explain what you've been doing during those period?
Another thing the V.O will likely consider is "why going for PGC/D at that age", what have you been doing since your B.sc degree? A very good and well-detailed employment history and proof of various certifications will do justice to that. Because at that age, one should be thinking of either Phd or career advancement of such.
2. "personal circumstances and family composition"
2a. I don't know what your personal circumstances as probably contained in your S.O.P/L.O.E/L.O.I/ are, but permit me to ask the following questions
2ai Are you married?
2aii Do you still have parents?
2aiii Do you have siblings?
2aiv who is your sponsor and how is s/he related to you? a family? if you're self sponsored, thats okay.
3 "The expenses related to proposed study and the reasonableness of undertaking these studies in Canada"
3a. I think the V.O is trying to see why you're not making the decision of studying this course in Nigeria which will save you more cost rather than opting to going to Canada to study the course which will obviously cost you much money.
How did you try to convince the V.O as to why you choose to study this course in Canada? have you checked various institutions in Nigeria that are offering this particular course and the reason why you feel going to Canada will be better than studying it in nigeria?
*hint- 1. compare course outline for the course as it is offered in canada with what is obtainable in nigeria, if there is any variation, cite them
2. Because of advise from a friend or senior colleague that has took that course outside the country and advising you base on what is obtainable in the outside world as compared to the case in nigeria====my 2cent.
4. "After consideration of the information provided, i am not satisfied that proposed studies in canada make sense given insufficient information on how proposed studies would improve career prospect to a degree that would offset cost of studying in canada instead of pursuing programs available in country of residence"
4a. Hmmmmm, to the bolded, you have to justify the relationship between HRM and your undergraduate course and how it stand to benefit you career wise.
*My humble opinion
ebimila:
Good morning Fam,

CAIPS Notes attached. Pls i need help with review on the reason given for refusal. Gurus in the house, plzzzz

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ebimila: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2017
penitential:
1. lets analyse what the V.O meant by "PA's career history" what is your employment history like?
1a.@age 40, what have you been involved in since finishing your undergraduate study?
1b. Any education or career gap? if any, did you explain what you've been doing during those period?
Another thing the V.O will likely consider is "why going for PGC/D at that age", what have you been doing since your B.sc degree? A very good and well-detailed employment history and proof of various certifications will do justice to that. Because at that age, one should be thinking of either Phd or career advancement of such.
2a. I don't know what your personal circumstances as probably contained in your S.O.P/L.O.E/L.O.I/ are, but permit me to ask the following questions
2ai Are you married?
2aiv who is your sponsor and how is s/he related to you? a family? if you're self sponsored, thats okay.
3 "The expenses related to proposed study and the reasonableness of undertaking these studies in Canada"
3a. I think the V.O is trying to see why you're not making the decision of studying this course in Nigeria which will save you more cost rather than opting to going to Canada to study the course which will obviously cost you much money.
How did you try to convince the V.O as to why you choose to study this course in Canada? have you checked various institutions in Nigeria that are offering this particular course and the reason why you feel going to Canada will be better than studying it in nigeria?
*hint- 1. compare course outline for the course as it is offered in canada with what is obtainable in nigeria, if there is any variation, cite them
2. Because of advise from a friend or senior colleague that has took that course outside the country and advising you base on what is obtainable in the outside world as compared to the case in nigeria====my 2cent.
4. "After consideration of the information provided, i am not satisfied that proposed studies in canada make sense given insufficient information on how proposed studies would improve career prospect to a degree that would offset cost of studying in canada instead of pursuing programs available in country of residence"
4a. Hmmmmm, to the bolded, you have to justify the relationship between HRM and your undergraduate course and how it stand to benefit you career wise.
*My humble opinion
Thanks so much for the analysis. Will try and address a few issues you raised. But first thing first, I will say I did a letter of Intent which looking back now I would say was weak. Not detailed enough. Im married, 4 kids, No parents (Though I didn’t mention this but I know they have my records – cos I have visiting visas for us –expiring 2018 and Canada- expiring 2019). Got lots of siblings, sponsor is spouse. Just think my defense was poor, not detailed enough. Yes, expected I should be going for master or phd but I could also decide to have a career change which is the case. And of course, chances of staying back legally if the opportunity presents it self. The relationship btw the HRM and undergraduate course may also be the issue. But i still want to try again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:18am On Jan 13, 2017
ebimila:
But i still want to try again.
Thank you for wanting to try again. Present a better case this time and don't take anything for granted.
It will end with praises. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Folumade1: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2017
The best thing is to always check the VFS page using your tracking ID issued at VFS lagos

Sebho:
hello gurus in the Huz i am a bit confused here, and i need Ur help most especially @michv and @EMMAN4EVE,I link my application to online since 30th of OCT 2016 And i can see everything but on the 20th of NOV 2016 up-till now when i check my application through the online platform and click check application statuts it will show that my application is currently not available but today when i track my application through VFSgobal site it show dis
Visa application, tracking ID No.20161027GHANSTU---12– Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 11/01/2017 to the Canada Visa Application Center.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website and my online see shows no new massage from CIC and my application status is currently not available
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 13, 2017
thanks to unyted. The world need more people like you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CannyZionist: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2017
Am single and 32, I don't have any asset but I explained that i my sponsor will cover al the cost, the closing balance in my account isn't up to a million naira,[/quote]

michV:
apparently and glaring,i have seen where the issue of ''personal assets and finances'' came from, you don't have strong ties to motivate return since you are single and have no assets by means of land, bond or family. as long as you are a working class and being sponsored, your own personal account statement not sponsor at your age should be more than 1million,this shows and signals to the VO that your are economically balanced in your home country.
*TRV doctor*

MichV 'The TRV Doctor' is very correct. At age 32, you should be able to prove that you have a strong economic ties in your country, even if you are being sponsored. Being single is also a red flag. In your next application, show that you have adequate economic ties and if you currently work, present your payslips, tax certs, pension certs, any land/property documents and ensure you list all your family members since you are single. If you have traveled outta Nigeria, that would be a plus as well. Finally, muscle your personal finances, as the VO expect someone at your age to at least have reasonable finances. All the best in your next application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by uso84: 11:16am On Jan 13, 2017
penitential:
2ai Are you married?
*My humble opinion
please can I have your contact...i need to talk to you about something urgently...tnxalot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 13, 2017
Ok but when you were applying for the visa which semester did you put as your start date
joblinks1:

I wasn’t sent another acceptance letter. The official letter of acceptance I received from the school already stated that the offer is valid from Winter 2017 to Fall 2017 (as shown in the attachment).
So what I can suggest is that if your acceptance letter is strictly for a particular semester, you should contact your school for an updated letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
michV:
apparently and glaring,i have seen where the issue of ''personal assets and finances'' came from, you don't have strong ties to motivate return since you are single and have no assets by means of land, bond or family. as long as you are a working class and being sponsored, your own personal account statement not sponsor at your age should be more than 1million,this shows and signals to the VO that your are economically balanced in your home country.

*TRV doctor*

So what would you advise sir before I refire, and what's the process of applying for my GMCS.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ebimila: 12:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
Osemigho:

Thank you for wanting to try again. Present a better case this time and don't take anything for granted.
thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
michV:

*TRV doctor*

Lol...Which one be "TRV doctor"

Why not "TRV Surgeon"

Guy you cracking me up.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 1:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
yemdogg:

Lol...Which one be "TRV doctor"

Why not "TRV Surgeon"

Guy you cracking me up.

Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 1:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
Folumade1:
i think irrespective of what you are going for PGC, PGD or MBA what matters to your VO is your supporting documentations to back that application. i stand to be corrected as well

You are right. Your statement of purpose (SOP) should be fantastic too.

Future applicants should remember that application for Canadian visa does not involve an interview. So, your mouthpiece is your SOP.

Just take your take to write a solid SOP...it will work out.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 1:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
tplacid:

So what would you advise sir before I refire, and what's the process of applying for my GMCS.

Produce documents evincing personal assets or finances.

This can be real property deeds/agreements or liquidated money available in your Bank Account.

Technically, what CIC mean by "Personal assets or finances" is just your socioeconomic ties to Nigeria.
For example:

Lucrative Job/Business/Employment,

Well to do background (hardly will you see the kids of wealthy parents get refused on the ground of personal assets/finances) N.B this is applicable to individuals whose sponsors are their parents or immediate family members not 3rd party sponsors. This is because their socioeconomic ties to Nigeria is so overwhelming that the VO would not even dare envisage the potential risk of illegally remaining in Canada after exhausting the legal status in Canada.

Reasonable balance in your bank account with reasonable flow of funds in the past few months,

Real Property investment or investment in stock etc.

These are the circumstances that shows or evince personal assets/finances.

I may be wrong though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
Passport collected with TRV.

Anyone going to Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Beep me. Booked Egypt Air.

Initially didn't get my POE, and was given 1 year TRV. shocked

Sent a mail to Accra, they responded almost immediately. They sent my POE to MyCIC account, and told me I can always extend my TRV for the duration of my studies.

Thanks everyone for the love, wouldn't have made it this far without you guys.

Once again, thank you @ Richcasey.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by opia12345: 1:47pm On Jan 13, 2017
can someone apply for Canada study visa while on visiting visa in USa or in Canada, if yes, what is the process like
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 2:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
I've responded to your e-mail.
uso84:
please can I have your contact...i need to talk to you about something urgently...tnxalot

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
Please has anyone tried paying application fee for the university of New Brunswick recently? I observed that Nigeria is not on the credit card authorization form. Please how did you go on with your payment.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 3:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hello Everyone ,

I know someone must have asked or pasted this information before in the past,but I couldn't find it ,that is why I am asking .Please what are the documents required to get a Canadian visa ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 4:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
Danoluwa:
Please has anyone tried paying application fee for the university of New Brunswick recently? I observed that Nigeria is not on the credit card authorization form. Please how did you go on with your payment.

You can get someone in Canada to pay it for you. This was what we did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kingsc1: 4:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
Greetings friends, i was refused recently based on travel history, purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status, i applied for PGC. I have discovered how to tackle my application which i learn here, however i want to apply for masters in university of Saskatchewan, I want to know if their application is still on for September intake? Also how the application process is like. Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by luckylisa: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2017
dreeyy:

I will advice you ask him to send either all or most part of the loan amount into your account since you said its meant for your study purpose and explain it further in your sop. You can also provide some evidences like the loan application forms where your husband indicated the purpose of the loan being for your study purposes.

OK, thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
dreeyy:

You can get someone in Canada to pay it for you. This was what we did.

boss will I give the person my online application details
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kingsc1: 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
Greetings friends, i was refused recently based on travel history, purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status, i applied for PGC. I have discovered how to tackle my application which i learn here, however i want to apply for masters in university of Saskatchewan, I want to know if their application is still on for September intake? Also how the application process is like. Thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
Danoluwa:

boss will I give the person my online application details

Just tell the person to pay via money order.....The person will write your name as the payer.

Contact the school first...Let them know you have someone in Canada that is ready to pay your application fee on your behalf. They'd give you the necessary info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
ifydio:
Hello house
I have cime across some post with people trying to make pgc inferior to masters and to me I really don't agree to that assertion. I think is a matter of interest and what either of the two can offer u going forward. Let me use my self as an example. I graduated with a CGPA of 4.28 in computer science, my interest was in computer security, all I get from the universities was Msc in computer science while colleges I got specifically what I'm looking for, cyber security and computer forensic my sponsor wanted an Msc but due to the fact Msc wasn't offering me what I desired, I opted for pgc and convinced my sponsor . It wasn't because of tuition, that in it self wouldn't have been an issue. But the interest is just the driving force. Trv to me is not factor of pgc pgd or Msc. Submitting what is required and pray that's all. I'm still an hopeful though but what ever the outcome I won't change for Msc.. hopefully it will be a positive outcome though.cheers.

Which school did you apply To. For. The Forensics Bro?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2017
aliACCA:
good to be back after reading over 180 pages to catch up with the thread. Preparing for my second attempt soon (march 2017).

cool cool

Hahahha
I remember you from the football betting thread. Long time

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
hustla:

Which school did you apply To. For. The Forensics Bro?
lambton college
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 6:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
ifydio:
Hello
Good morning to the house, I woke up to see this mail starring at me, though I sent a message using the online platform after my application passed the initial 14weeks processing time, starting from September 21, I think is even upto 17weeks now Base on the current processing time. Anyway have differed my admission till May, I's it still okay to send the Accra Vo a message or I should just wait? No medical call up since, the only mail I got was December 14 to upload my education certificate up till now nothing else.
please house what do u guys think?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:55pm On Jan 13, 2017
kingsc1:

Kindly apply to more than one school, to avoid stories that touch the heart. Ensure you submit fantastic profile too, especially, your SOP or research interest.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AdesinaOBD(m): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
Can u be granted trv for going for another bsc degree in canada after showing in your application that you already obtained a bsc degree here in nigeria?

Pls say something on this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
ifydio:
Hello
Good morning to the house, I woke up to see this mail starring at me, though I sent a message using the online platform after my application passed the initial 14weeks processing time, starting from September 21, I think is even upto 17weeks now Base on the current processing time. Anyway have differed my admission till May, I's it still okay to send the Accra Vo a message or I should just wait? No medical call up since, the only mail I got was December 14 to upload my education certificate up till now nothing else.
please house anyone with any idea?. Application submitted September 21st

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.