Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (913142 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 12:02am On Jan 14, 2017
scoobs:

Yes for their new course in Environmental Economics.

I feel the school is using the Diploma course to get
money out of international students.

Well, I requested for exemption but was told that my undergraduate course is not related to the course content...that was why I wasn't granted any exemptions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bouncesmail(m): 12:07am On Jan 14, 2017
unyted:
I hope you will like the city Kamloops

Well, I requested for exemption but was told that my undergraduate course is not related to the course content...that was why I wasn't granted any exemptions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 12:10am On Jan 14, 2017
[/quote author=bouncesmail post=52787187][/quote]

Do you know the cost of MBA in a top school? Who is willing to part with USD100,000 just because of one MBA when a professional examination will add more value?

I do not agree that the school is siphoning any money from international students. It depends on whether your UG course is related to what you will be doing. In fact, MBA in University of Toronto (almost USD100k tuition) is also 2 years.

As far as I am concerned, the prelim course is valid, as it forms the foundation for the more advanced concepts in the second year.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 12:15am On Jan 14, 2017
bouncesmail:

Well, the city seems dry...but wetin man go do? Cost of living will be lower though which is a plus.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bouncesmail(m): 12:29am On Jan 14, 2017
well am currently in the city ,if you need help holla
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Leakingbasket(m): 12:34am On Jan 14, 2017
iluvkpetus:
I'm a November 14 applicant, No news yet...Pls be more patient as many I've been seeing are October Applicants some approved and some denied, Ours shall end in praise IJN, Shalom!

AMEN oooooooo. Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Leakingbasket(m): 12:35am On Jan 14, 2017
AdesinaOBD:

Wen in october did u apply

10th of oct....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ifiegboria(m): 12:52am On Jan 14, 2017
I would like to help a friend of mine get an invitation from a relation who lives in Canada.
He just needs the invitation letter to support his other documents.
My question is, is it possible to use the information like PR card details on the letter to perpetuate crime like fraud? I'm not insinuating that my friend is fraudulent as anybody can stumble on the document. I just don't want to be at loggerhead with my family. I want to play it safe with my family.
Thanks for all your contributions. Well done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Maxicon(m): 1:14am On Jan 14, 2017
Hello house,

Just for clarity. What happens when you defer an application from January to September 2017, having made a visa application since September prior year which is still being processed. Does the embassy automatically request a new admission letter or only needed for point of entry into canada? And also, when does the visa start counting from. Surely if is issued from let say February, it can't start count from February all the way to September even before course start date.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 5:03am On Jan 14, 2017
heniola:
Good day everyone. i would appreciate A response please. I have a bsc from Nigeria uni in Microbiology and two masters degree from Uk universities. I want to apply For a course in Canada but i am confused if it would be another masters degree or a phd. I would also like to go with my daughter as there is no one here to take care of her while i am away. Please house help me out. Which of these degrees would give me a upper hand as per application ? Are dependants' applications allowed too?
Sorry about my long story.
I believe after 2 masters, Best option will be PhD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by honeyscottage(m): 6:21am On Jan 14, 2017
[quote author=princeadedayo post=52641196][/quote]
@Priceadedayo.
Could you Please assist with your email, need to talk with you. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 7:43am On Jan 14, 2017
penitential:
Welcome back bruv.

Thanks bossman
Presently on this page
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 7:50am On Jan 14, 2017
ifydio:
lambton college

Was thinking about the same lambton Bro, I'm in love with that course as it encompasses networking and information security

Did you have to write Ielts and pay upfront 7k tuition and application fee?

Sop?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 8:35am On Jan 14, 2017
dogice:

Sup, I applied for my Masters program at the University of Ottawa and University of Toronto about 2 years ago. Luckily I got admitted to both schools but I chose The University of Toronto for obvious reason. How is your application going?

I am still on it .I am yet to get my transcript .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 14, 2017
Hello house! Happy new year to all in this forum. I have gone tru this thread and found out that Progress is not just a mere word from the dictionary. It's been over 7yrs I came here last after being rejected for visit visa 2007- study visa 2012 respectively. Since then I have changed a new passport with about 5 diff visit visa Malay, Indonesia, Dubai, SA, China. Now I am coming back with Gingantic force to take what rightfully belongs to me "Canada Visa". It question, will I have to put on my application form that I have applied before or not knowing fully well that I did biometrics at vfs at that time. Thank you to whoever that will advise on this.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 9:03am On Jan 14, 2017
paulchuks:
Hello house! Happy new year to all in this forum. I have gone tru this thread and found out that Progress is not just a mere word from the dictionary. It's been over 7yrs I came here last after being rejected for visit visa 2007- study visa 2012 respectively. Since then I have changed a new passport with about 5 diff visit visa Malay, Indonesia, Dubai, SA, China. Now I am coming back with Gingantic force to take what rightfully belongs to me "Canada Visa". It question, will I have to put on my application form that I have applied before or not knowing fully well that I did biometrics at vfs at that time. Thank you to whoever that will advise on this.

Say the truth in your application, they keep records. Most importantly ensure you have addressed all the concerns that were raised by the VO's in the 2 previous rejected applications, attach photocopies of all visa stamp pages from your old passports even if you are applying with a fresh passport... Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by lollydigs(f): 9:14am On Jan 14, 2017
I'm October 20th applicant nd still haven't hrd anything from cic. Sch has resumed already
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 10:18am On Jan 14, 2017
lollydigs:
I'm October 20th applicant nd still haven't hrd anything from cic. Sch has resumed already

Have you been called for medicals? or you are still waiting? If you haven't, contact your school to defer your admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ibbravura: 10:46am On Jan 14, 2017
Hi. Please house come to my aid. I applied for masters carleton university. But was unfurtunate i wasnt given admission. So i want to apply for another uni. Pls i need list of canada that is less competitive and dont request gre or toefl. I want to apply before the end of January. Tenks house. ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 11:02am On Jan 14, 2017
ibbravura:
Hi. Please house come to my aid. I applied for masters carleton university. But was unfurtunate i wasnt given admission. So i want to apply for another uni. Pls i need list of canada that is less competitive and dont request gre or toefl. I want to apply before the end of January. Tenks house. ASAP.

What course are you applying to? Post graduate or undergraduate? What's your cgpa ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 11:06am On Jan 14, 2017
ibbravura:
Obviously, he want to apply for another Master's program to a less competitive school.
dreeyy:

What course are you applying to? Post graduate or undergraduate?What's your cgpa ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 11:07am On Jan 14, 2017
paulchuks:

Just present the same info you presented in your previous applications EXCEPT for those situations that have CHANGED. And take note that RIGHT choice of program, convincing SOP with good SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS will get you your visa and NOT much about your TRAVEL HISTORY.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AdesinaOBD(m): 11:09am On Jan 14, 2017
For d october applicant,, lets all keep in touch,, i did my second application, october 4 2016,,till naw,, i have received nothing from cic...
Thanks to this platform,, am even becoming a travel agent myself wit all d information i gather here lol
I wish it was naw i packaged my second application,, it would ve been much more beta...
Bur i know God is a miracle worker...
And he owns the heart of KINGS...
I pray he grants our hrt desire.... Amen

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 11:10am On Jan 14, 2017
I pray for you as well.
AdesinaOBD:
For d october applicant,, lets all keep in touch,, i did my second application, october 4 2016,,till naw,, i have received nothing from cic...
Thanks to this platform,, am even becoming a travel agent myself wit all d information i gather here lol
I wish it was naw i packaged my second application,, it would ve been much more beta...
Bur i know God is a miracle worker...
And he owns the heart of KINGS...
I pray he grants our hrt desire.... Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 11:12am On Jan 14, 2017
heniola:
Good day everyone. i would appreciate A response please. I have a bsc from Nigeria uni in Microbiology and two masters degree from Uk universities. I want to apply For a course in Canada but i am confused if it would be another masters degree or a phd. I would also like to go with my daughter as there is no one here to take care of her while i am away. Please house help me out. Which of these degrees would give me a upper hand as per application ? Are dependants' applications allowed too?
Sorry about my long story.

After getting two masters already, it is advisable you opt for a PhD. Though the admission process may be challenging but it would all worth it at the end of the day. Going for a PhD gives you more opportunity to get funding and a good edge for visa approval.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ibbravura: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2017
dreeyy:

What course are you applying to? Post graduate or undergraduate? What's your cgpa ?

Computer science. Post graduate. 4.34.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 11:30am On Jan 14, 2017
ibbravura:

Computer science. Post graduate. 4.34.

Wow, that's a cgpa that is strong enough to get you masters admission without stress. Pm me and let's relate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 11:38am On Jan 14, 2017
mccindy:
@ifydio
I Also submitted on 21st Sept through paper route ,did upfront med.
I've heard from them too.I sent a CSE and they also replied me with the same thing you were replied with
@maccindy
Did u send any mail to Accra Ghana?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2017
hustla:

Was thinking about the same lambton Bro, I'm in love with that course as it encompasses networking and information security

Did you have to write Ielts and pay upfront 7k tuition and application fee?

Sop?
didn't write lelts paid both the tuition upfront and application fee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chigrad: 11:45am On Jan 14, 2017
Good day. The organization I work for stopped pension remittance since June 2016. I want to know if it's safe to attach the pension statement for my Canadian VISA application
Your kind response would be appreciated.
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hustla(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2017
ifydio:
didn't write lelts paid both the tuition upfront and application fee

grin

Thanks

Will save myself the stress of writing Ielts then

How did you pay the fees? Through Dom. And Aboki fx?

Sorry for my many Qs

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tplacid: 11:53am On Jan 14, 2017
yemdogg:

Produce documents evincing personal assets or finances.

This can be real property deeds/agreements or liquidated money available in your Bank Account.

Technically, what CIC mean by "Personal assets or finances" is just your socioeconomic ties to Nigeria.
For example:

Lucrative Job/Business/Employment,

Well to do background (hardly will you see the kids of wealthy parents get refused on the ground of personal assets/finances) N.B this is applicable to individuals whose sponsors are their parents or immediate family members not 3rd party sponsors. This is because their socioeconomic ties to Nigeria is so overwhelming that the VO would not even dare envisage the potential risk of illegally remaining in Canada after exhausting the legal status in Canada.

Reasonable balance in your bank account with reasonable flow of funds in the past few months,

Real Property investment or investment in stock etc.

These are the circumstances that shows or evince personal assets/finances.

I may be wrong though.

Thanks a lot blood, really appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.