Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909260 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
AdesinaOBD:
Can u be granted trv for going for another bsc degree in canada after showing in your application that you already obtained a bsc degree here in nigeria?

Pls say something on this

I will advise you don't risk that. Such is rearly granted. In fact, I have not heard of such. Yours may be exception though. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 6:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
AdesinaOBD:
Can u be granted trv for going for another bsc degree in canada after showing in your application that you already obtained a bsc degree here in nigeria?

Absolutely
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 7:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
lovetrumps:
Ok but when you were applying for the visa which semester did you put as your start date

my application was for Winter 2017 (Jan)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by scoobs: 7:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
unyted:

2 years

Okay were you granted exemptions for the GDBA?

Tnx.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2017
I've only heard of one person who got it after B.sc in nigeria.
It's hard to get, even those admission officers knew that it will be very hard to get TRV after having one B.sc certificate in nigeria, but you've got to come up with a very convincing S.O.P as to why you want to go for another B.sc.
I was specifically told when I met with an admission officer of one of the colleges in Canada that pursuing another undergraduate course after initial undergraduate certificate will raise the curiosity of the V.O as to whether the applicant is a genuine student.
AdesinaOBD:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 13, 2017
ifydio:
please house anyone with any idea?. Application submitted September 21st
@ifydio
I Also submitted on 21st Sept through paper route ,did upfront med.
I've heard from them too.I sent a CSE and they also replied me with the same thing you were replied with
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
dogice:

Absolutely

if you have a strong reason for it, which you can justify in your SOP, why not?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 13, 2017
penitential:
Hmmmm, this your caip file contain wella o. grin grin grin grin
1. lets analyse what the V.O meant by "PA's career history" what is your employment history like?
1a.@age 40, what have you been involved in since finishing your undergraduate study?
1b. Any education or career gap? if any, did you explain what you've been doing during those period?
Another thing the V.O will likely consider is "why going for PGC/D at that age", what have you been doing since your B.sc degree? A very good and well-detailed employment history and proof of various certifications will do justice to that. Because at that age, one should be thinking of either Phd or career advancement of such.
2. "personal circumstances and family composition"
2a. I don't know what your personal circumstances as probably contained in your S.O.P/L.O.E/L.O.I/ are, but permit me to ask the following questions
2ai Are you married?
2aii Do you still have parents?
2aiii Do you have siblings?
2aiv who is your sponsor and how is s/he related to you? a family? if you're self sponsored, thats okay.
3 "The expenses related to proposed study and the reasonableness of undertaking these studies in Canada"
3a. I think the V.O is trying to see why you're not making the decision of studying this course in Nigeria which will save you more cost rather than opting to going to Canada to study the course which will obviously cost you much money.
How did you try to convince the V.O as to why you choose to study this course in Canada? have you checked various institutions in Nigeria that are offering this particular course and the reason why you feel going to Canada will be better than studying it in nigeria?
*hint- 1. compare course outline for the course as it is offered in canada with what is obtainable in nigeria, if there is any variation, cite them
2. Because of advise from a friend or senior colleague that has took that course outside the country and advising you base on what is obtainable in the outside world as compared to the case in nigeria====my 2cent.
4. "After consideration of the information provided, i am not satisfied that proposed studies in canada make sense given insufficient information on how proposed studies would improve career prospect to a degree that would offset cost of studying in canada instead of pursuing programs available in country of residence"
4a. Hmmmmm, to the bolded, you have to justify the relationship between HRM and your undergraduate course and how it stand to benefit you career wise.
*My humble opinion
Truly impressive!.... Well presented!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kingsc1: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
University of Saskatchewan application for fall is closed, my interest now is university of Regina, please anyone with useful information how the application process is like, and if there is tuition deposits when admission is given, i graduated with 3.19 what are my chances of gaining admission I need help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Leakingbasket(m): 8:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
Any october applicant on here and yet to hear from cic?.
My school resumed already and I am yet to hear from them.
It shall end in praise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
mccindy:
@ifydio
I Also submitted on 21st Sept through paper route ,did upfront med.
I've heard from them too.I sent a CSE and they also replied me with the same thing you were replied with
hmm it is well
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AdesinaOBD(m): 8:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
Leakingbasket:
It shall end in praise.

Wen in october did u apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dogice(m): 8:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
unyted:

?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
scoobs:

Okay were you granted exemptions for the GDBA?

Tnx.

Nope.

Are you considering the school too?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AdesinaOBD(m): 9:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
[quote author=penitential post=52781103]I've only heard of one person who got it after B.sc in nigeria.
It's hard to get, even those admission officers knew that it will be very hard to get TRV after having one B.sc certificate in nigeria, but you've got to come up with a very convincing S.O.P as to why you want to go for another B.sc.
I was specifically told when I met with an admission officer of one of the colleges in Canada that pursuing another undergraduate course after initial undergraduate certificate will raise the curiosity of the V.O as to whether the applicant is a genuine student.

So sad, i have got no sop in my application, never knew about that as at the time i submitted my application online, and am submmiting for the second time,,my first application was refused based on purpose of visit and current employment situation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AdesinaOBD(m): 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
unyted:

So sad, i have got no sop in my application, never knew about that as at the time i submitted my application online, and am submmiting for the second time,,my first application was refused based on purpose of visit and current employment situation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
Danoluwa:
Please has anyone tried paying application fee for the university of New Brunswick recently? I observed that Nigeria is not on the credit card authorization form. Please how did you go on with your payment.

So you mean the application payment isnt going thru, which course did u apply 4 there?

check ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 9:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
@Teddywhiz1

I would like to let you know that posts such as yours are the reason why Nigerian applicants get denied a lot. Also, don't be so sure that your identity is truly hidden -- it wouldn't be too difficult to infer who you are. I would be surprised if VO interns are not monitoring this thread to figure out what new tricks Nigerian applicants have up their sleeves. Posts like yours will keep the rejection rate for Nigerian applicants very high. @Justwise, is there a way to do something about posts of this nature? It is really bad for the thread's integrity, and also bad for Nairaland.

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 9:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
Yes it can be granted. But you need to have very compelling reasons. There's a few people in the earlier parts of this thread that did exactly this. The risk of denial is probably high though, unless your reasons are truly compelling and cogent.
AdesinaOBD:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
Please anybody with info of where lawmerchant is? Been long I saw him last on nairaland.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
thesoj:
@Teddywhiz1

I would like to let you know that posts such as yours are the reason why Nigerian applicants get denied a lot. Also, don't be so sure that your identity is truly hidden -- it wouldn't be too difficult to infer who you are. I would be surprised if VO interns are not monitoring this thread to figure out what new tricks Nigerian applicants have up their sleeves. Posts like yours will keep the rejection rate for Nigerian applicants very high. @Justwise, is there a way to do something about posts of this nature? It is really bad for the thread's integrity, and also bad for Nairaland.

Thanks for calling my attention to it, post removed and the ID banned.

This thread should not be used to solicit for fraudulent activities

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 10:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
justwise:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by uso84: 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
penitential:
I've responded to your e-mail.
please, can i hv your email...i didn't see it response Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by uso84: 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
penitential:
I've responded to your e-mail.
please, can i hv your email...i didn't see your response Sir...tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 10:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
penit04@gmail.com
uso84:
please, can i hv your email...i didn't see your response Sir...tnx

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by scoobs: 10:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
unyted:

Nope.

Are you considering the school too?

Yes for their new course in Environmental Economics.

I feel the school is using the Diploma course to get
money out of international students.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by scoobs: 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
kingsc1:
University of Saskatchewan application for fall is closed, my interest now is university of Regina, please anyone with useful information how the application process is like, and if there is tuition deposits when admission is given, i graduated with 3.19 what are my chances of gaining admission I need help.

What is your GPA in the last two years of your UGD?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by heniola(f): 10:36pm On Jan 13, 2017
Good day everyone. i would appreciate A response please. I have a bsc from Nigeria uni in Microbiology and two masters degree from Uk universities. I want to apply For a course in Canada but i am confused if it would be another masters degree or a phd. I would also like to go with my daughter as there is no one here to take care of her while i am away. Please house help me out. Which of these degrees would give me a upper hand as per application ? Are dependants' applications allowed too?
Sorry about my long story.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by moyin1010: 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
justwise:

. So sorry I want to contribute to this, maybe he's new here we should hav advised him the right way to go about it and been informed before been banned. He could have apologized or delete the post. Please don't let us be too harsh.am sorry if I got things wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iluvkpetus: 11:42pm On Jan 13, 2017
Leakingbasket:
It shall end in praise.
I'm a November 14 applicant, No news yet...Pls be more patient as many I've been seeing are October Applicants some approved and some denied, Ours shall end in praise IJN, Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bouncesmail(m): 11:48pm On Jan 13, 2017
scoobs:

Well said , am presently taking the MBA program in TRU. Note the MBA isn't specialized it general . Will advice anyone to take the GMAT exam and apply to a top list university of good value for money.
Yes for their new course in Environmental Economics.

I feel the school is using the Diploma course to get
money out of international students.

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.