Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909401 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wiljen120: 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2017
cube2nerdy:
Hello Helpful Kindhearted Nairalanders,

Please any one who has submitted passport at vac Lagos should please let me know if there was any money requested at the office and how much? Specific documents requested outside passport will also be appreciated.

I will also appreciate if I can get the number of any Lagos VAC staff.

Please assist me urgently. I intend travelling to Lagos frm ph for submission asap.

Thanks a lot

If you're submitting your passport to the same visa application Centre as where you did your biometric, then you're not required to pay.... Also, you only need to submit your passport and the passport request letter...Congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
Caip file is the same as GCMS file. Thought you've been given a link to that ? If not, i will quote you with it shortly.
osento:
please how do I get my caip file.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Timhortons: 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
Guys coming to SAIT, do you guys intend to stay in calgary after graduation or move back to naija ? If you intend to stay in calgary I guess you will find it a lil difficult getting a job with masters cos most employers find it difficult to pay master holders.

Lastly, If you intend to stay in calgary/canada start hustling for your PR as soon as you land. I am studying Power Engineering in SAIT (Diploma) though I have a degree in Geology from Naija. you will definitely enjoy calgary but their school here na die. Safe Y'all

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by osento(m): 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
penitential:
Caip file is the same as GCMS file. Thought you've been given a link to that ? If not, i will quote you with it shortly.
. I have not be giving .please kindly send it to me. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
Timhortons:
Guys coming to SAIT, do you guys intend to stay in calgary after graduation or move back to naija ? If you intend to stay in calgary I guess you will find it a lil difficult getting a job with masters cos most employers find it difficult to pay master holders.

Lastly, If you intend to stay in calgary/canada start hustling for your PR as soon as you land. I am studying Power Engineering in SAIT (Diploma) though I have a degree in Geology from Naija. you will definitely enjoy calgary but their school here na die. Safe Y'all

No, transferring to the university of Texas (USA) for a degree
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by osento(m): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
osento:
please I need a link to get my GCMS file.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Timhortons: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
Simeon244:

No, transferring to the university of Texas (USA) for a degree

best of luck

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 14, 2017
chymerokay:
A friend got admission to study Biz Adminstration in a college in Canada....a diploma course though. He has a 3rd class here in Accountancy from a university. Wat r his chances of getting a student visa? He has not been employed and no travel history. Just 26 years. House help please.
forget about applying for this visa.To be sincere with that profile above,you ll definitely be refused TRV. that I am convinced. but if you insist,you will minister to yourself later that michV aka *TRV Doctor* said so to you initially
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
Timhortons:

Lastly, If you intend to stay in calgary/canada start hustling for your PR as soon as you land.

Tell us more about how to do this legitimately, even while studying.

Also, are you of the opinion that international graduate masters holders find getting a job difficult or what?

Tell me more about Calgary compare to Ontario and Victoria. If you have to choose one of the three places for study, ceteris paribus, which would you go for?

Anyway, hope the cold no too much there now. Enjoy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Spatialcol: 7:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
@vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Bros! Pls im just gathering doc for online app. c.*****4@gmail.com I need crucial info from you. Please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2017
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/requesterInformation
osento:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Timhortons: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
Osemigho:

Tell us more about how to do this legitimately, even while studying.

Also, are you of the opinion that international graduate masters holders find getting a job difficult or what?

Tell me more about Calgary compare to Ontario and Victoria. If you have to choose one of the three places for study, ceteris paribus, which would you go for?

Anyway, hope the cold no too much there now. Enjoy

Did a brief landing in Ontario, dont know much about it but heard it is like civilized lags in naija with many opportunities and many wahala, I guess Victoria is in BC and heard too that it is very expensive to reside there. Can tell you SO MANY things about Calgary cos i reside there.I came to Calgary cos of the prospect in Oil and Gas though very down right now but heard also that it could be very very promising with alot of Jobs when it starts booming.
I prefer Calgary to the above provinces,I am a family man and need a place that is affordable and quiet to raise my kids. Calgarians are very very accommodating people and the city is SIMPLY neat and organised.
Make your research very well based on your intended course of study to see it Ontario will be better for you.

Cheers mate.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cube2nerdy: 8:13pm On Feb 14, 2017
Please HELP ME urgently pleassseee

cube2nerdy:
Hello Helpful Kindhearted Nairalanders,

Please any one who has submitted passport at vac Lagos should please let me know if thefre was any money requested at the office and how much? Specific documents requested outside passport will also be appreciated.

I will also appreciate if I can get the number of any Lagos VAC staff.

Please assist me urgently. I intend travelling to Lagos frm ph for submission asap.

Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
Mehn, thank you so much for this information, I didn't really have much time before i posted my question earlier today but am so glad you already provided us with this urgent info needed.

Thanks man

Megziflips:
UBC aspirants (Earlier today I made the below quoted post)

For everyone waiting on UBC I want to inform you that some (if not all) of their programs have also extended their deadlines, but it's not updated on the departmental website yet.

You can verify through the following link if your program is affected: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/application-deadlines

for example, the deadline for Comuter science has been shifted from December 15 2016 to February 19 2017

I want to upload a screenshot of their notice but I'm not certain how to upload images here.

Here is the quote from the UBC website:

In light of recent events, many programs are willing to extend their application deadlines. Please inquire with individual programs if late applications will be accepted.

I'm not certain yet what are the "recent events", but you can see my speculation on my previous post.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cube2nerdy: 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
wiljen120:

If you're submitting your passport to the same visa application Centre as where you did your biometric, then you're not required to pay.... Also, you only need to submit your passport and the passport request letter...Congrats

Boss thanks!! How long did it take for them to be done with urs? Want to know how long I maybe in Lag? How can someone else pick it up on my behalf pls?
Thanks for assisting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
Ifyemekaonwuka:
Good day everyone! Im new to naira land and ive been reading through this thread. i will like to state my situation below and......

i will really appreciate if some can give me advise on if my profile is strong enough to convince a VO to approve a study permit.

Thank you very much.

Tell the VO all this in your SOP as you have told us, you shouldn't have a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wiljen120: 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
cube2nerdy:

Boss thanks!! How long did it take for them to be done with urs? Want to know how long I maybe in Lag? How can someone else pick it up on my behalf pls?
Thanks for assisting

5 to 7 working days

Follow the link below If you want to know more on how you can use a representative to submit or pick ur passport on your behalf;

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/nigeria/how_to_apply.html#temporary_documents

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gabrielclint(m): 9:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
lease between paper and online application which is faster and better
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 14, 2017
Austinpee4:

@Penitential has given you a good advise. You will have a good chance if you do a good job communicating all you pointed out to the VO.
Expantiate further on your passion,achievements and how it is going to help you actualize your desirables in your makeup business.

Also, having had a degree in law and some years of experience, it couldn't have been that you indulged in that without some level of passion no matter how little or big it was at the time. So you may also want to make some point off that alittle and how sucessful you have been in it when you were actively involved and that even with all your sucesses, you still found time to develop your makeup aspiration and now reality.Do not leave it out completely, this way, you make yourself indispensable in your endeavours, a strong and viable character that will also succeed in the field you are seeking a study permit to pursue.

Remember, they will be treating you as a potential permenant immigrant and possible citizen, they will look out for your values, personality, and most importantly, what you will be bringing to their country.

So your chances will boil down to how articulating you presented yourself through your SOP.

About your sponsorship, Before you apply, he can transfer a good amount into your personal account. Make reference to the transfer in his letter of sponsorship and what it is for. Also, hope your husband income will also cater for everbody plus your study aside the available funds.

Thank you so much for your in-put, i really appreciate that you took the time to give me more insight as to how to draft my SOP. Thank you so much! i will definitely keep you updated as i proceed. Do have a good evening. Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Miskeen: 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Gud evening house,...pls how much is online visa fee and paper application....Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kurukuru: 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
Please how can one get a sponsor for Canadian study permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nievel: 10:48pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pls how do you mean their school na die? Can you explain further is it in terms of assignments course load etc.
How about doing business in Calgary?what are the preospects? Are the Nigerian businesses like nija restaurants, hair salon, etc

Timhortons:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
ganiyuadeoye:

Please is there anyone that has been granted MSC admission computer science in either University of New Brunswich or University of british Columbia.

If I may ask what's your intended area of research (if thesis applicant)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by babadudu1(m): 12:46am On Feb 15, 2017
I applied for 6 months course at college in Ontario in January, my letter of acceptance was sent to me earlier today.
My question is do I need a study permit to enter Canada
2. Wat is d next line of action?
I will appreciate if my questions are answered honorably.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 4:27am On Feb 15, 2017
Hello! Everyone

I applied to university of Ottawa and before applying I sent an email to the school asking if I will need test of English result ,the reply I got was that if I was tought in English in my university ,I don't need test of English result ,but now I have applied and I was asked to provide result for test of second language ,what should I do ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 4:34am On Feb 15, 2017
Guys,What should I write ,in my SOP ,I am not sure of what information about me I should put . cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 4:40am On Feb 15, 2017
Must my recommendation email be from a professor in my department ,the ones I have approached so far are very busy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 5:04am On Feb 15, 2017
You don't need a study permit, what you need is a visitor's visa. Mind you, if you plan to extend your study period beyond that, you will have to come back to Nigeria to apply for study permit.
babadudu1:
I applied for 6 months course at college in Ontario in January, my letter of acceptance was sent to me earlier today.
My question is do I need a study permit to enter Canada
2. Wat is d next line of action?
I will appreciate if my questions are answered honorably.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kaizenBash(m): 5:06am On Feb 15, 2017
Hello house,

I am rookie in this thread and I humbly seek your selfless assistance regarding my BSC pursuit to Canada.

I have a degree in Agric. Economics graduated 2012, I presently work in the UAE for 2years now. I will like the gurus to assist with below questions.

1. [b]Lists of cheap schools that offer admissions for international students presently?
2. I intend to do software programming for the MSC, do I stand a good chance for admission since my first degree is totally
different or I should just go for a course related to my first degree to avoid any reason for rejection?
3. Can tuition fee be deferred till one get to Canada, how feasible is the TRV if one did not pay from Nigeria.
4. Is it advisable to submit visa application from UAE, online or rather go to Nigeria for best result.

Please 'ogas' here should kindly assist with the above questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 5:27am On Feb 15, 2017
[quote author=kaizenBash post=53723338]Hello house,

I am rookie in this thread and I humbly seek your selfless assistance regarding my BSC pursue to Canada.

I have a degree in Agric. Economics graduated 2012, I presently work in the UAE for 2years now. I will like the gurus to assist with below questions.

Lists of cheap schools that offer admissions for international students presently?
You can use Google.com to get what you need on that. When you check through google, you can compare different schools tuition fees and choose the one that agree with your pocket.
I intend to do [b]software programming for the MSC, [/b]do I stand a good chance for admission since my first degree is totally
Is your two years work experience on software programming? Have you carried out major projects in this field? Do you have any knowledge (short course (s) ) in software programing? If you answer NO to ANY or ALL of these questions, my brother forget it! Cos you won't even get admission in that field let alone getting TRV with that.
different or [b]I should just go for a course related to my first degree to avoid any reason for rejection?
That's the best thing for you to do.
Can tuition fee be deferred till one get to Canada, how feasible is the TRV if one did not pay from Nigeria.
You will have to make a part payment which will be stated in your admission letter to secure a place in the program before you arrive in Canada. Paying tuition fees before applying for TRV does not automatically decide your TRV fate, although it proves a point to the V.O in regard to financial issue.
Is it advisable to submit visa application from UAE, online or rather go to Nigeria for best result.
Can't tell you much about this. But I think it should be possible considering the number of years you've spent there.

Note- graduated in 2012, worked for two years, what have you been doing for the remaining 2+ years? Be ready to explain that to the V.O or else, hmmmmmm grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Miskeen: 6:10am On Feb 15, 2017
Good morning,can someone tell me the cost of online and paper application...thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.