Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909384 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 5:31pm On Feb 15, 2017
skylar2020:

u of manitoba was coursework alone
u of sask said he does not need a supervisor before he can apply
wat other schools are ok for him to apply?

Try Brock. Not sure
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by almeida3: 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Visa or admission SOP?

Generally, any of the above must answer question of why you are writing it.

Sample format.

Paragraph 1: your interest. What you have done in my interest (briefly). Why you are writing the SOP.

Para 2 or 3: what you did in my interest(major one). How you did it. What you got from it Including awards and excellent grade. How it influence what you want to do.

Para 2 or 3: what you want to do. How you want to do it. What you hope to achieve with it.

Para 4: your goal. Why you believe your goal is related to what you are writing the SOP for. What you desire by writing the SOP.

Optional paragraph for Visa: how you will finance your study. How you got (if scholarship) and or why (if relative or friend) that option of finance. Evidence of finance as included in documents submitted.

Optional paragraph for Visa: what you have as home tie as included in documents submitted. Why they are home tie. What you intend to do with them upon end of study.

Generally, stick to 1-1.5 pages max if max pages n't specified.

Thank you.

Nice format.
Just to add
Para 2 or 3: What you are doing currently.
**very important

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2017
Megziflips:

Not sure exactly how you mean this, but might be a bit misleading.

For every research based program you "need" a supervisor (need in quotes).

I think what they mean is that you don't need to contact or get a guarantee from supervisors prior, but you definitely need to know and list various supervisors you'd like to work with (even if you haven't contacted them).

On your second question, more than half of the schools in Canada have a masters program for computer science, so theres no need listing them.
Maybe if you provided constraints, one might be better able to help you. But without constraints, I'd say almost any university in Canada has a program.

Alright. thanks a lot for your response.
wud want a msc in comp sci with tuition fees per year not more than 10k cad dols.
thesis based , project based or course based.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 5:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Try Brock. Not sure
checked it. it's too expensive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abiodunne: 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello house, I got my medical mail yesterday Feb 14th and was also asked to submit a new acceptance letter or proof that i can begin classes with my current acceptance letter.The thing is am a little bit worried here because my school already resumed january 9th and i guess lectures have started fully. i already sent a mail to the school sha. should i be worried? abeg make person answer me.
am going for PGC computer application security Conestoga college.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mcobex: 6:14pm On Feb 15, 2017
BOSCO123:
Hello! Everyone

I applied to university of Ottawa and before applying I sent an email to the school asking if I will need test of English result ,the reply I got was that if I was tought in English in my university ,I don't need test of English result ,but now I have applied and I was asked to provide result for test of second language ,what should I do ?
I think if u are close to ur previous uni here in naija u can tell them to give u a simple letter stating u were taught in English language during ur program with them. that's what I did and it worked. hope this helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
skylar2020:
wud want a msc in comp sci with tuition fees per year not more than 10k cad dols.
thesis based , project based or course based.
thanks

Suggestions in probable order of admission competitiveness:

University of British Columbia
McGill University
University Alberta
Simon Fraser University
Queens University
University of Calgary
University of Western Ontario
University of Manitoba
University of Saskatchewan
Memorial university of Newfoundland
University of Victoria

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Flawless1988: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Visa or admission SOP?

Generally, any of the above must answer question of why you are writing it.

Sample format.

Paragraph 1: your interest. What you have done in my interest (briefly). Why you are writing the SOP.

Para 2 or 3: what you did in my interest(major one). How you did it. What you got from it Including awards and excellent grade. How it influence what you want to do.

Para 2 or 3: what you want to do. How you want to do it. What you hope to achieve with it.

Para 4: your goal. Why you believe your goal is related to what you are writing the SOP for. What you desire by writing the SOP.

Optional paragraph for Visa: how you will finance your study. How you got (if scholarship) and or why (if relative or friend) that option of finance. Evidence of finance as included in documents submitted.

Optional paragraph for Visa: what you have as home tie as included in documents submitted. Why they are home tie. What you intend to do with them upon end of study.

Generally, stick to 1-1.5 pages max if max pages n't specified.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:38pm On Feb 15, 2017
skylar2020:

checked it.
it's too expensive

Check the list above given to you.

I must let you know that some schools offer funding(scholarship) and Brock is one of such if I am right. Although Brock funding might not be full scholarship but it is likely going to cover most fees and perhaps 5k left. Be wise to check each program funding level and not school fees alone. Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by henrinco(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
Abiodunne:
Hello house, I got my medical mail yesterday Feb 14th and was also asked to submit a new acceptance letter or proof that i can begin classes with my current acceptance letter.The thing is am a little bit worried here because my school already resumed january 9th and i guess lectures have started fully. i already sent a mail to the school sha. should i be worried? abeg make person answer me.
am going for PGC computer application security Conestoga college.
Just get a new start up date from the school since you can't meet up.
Congratulations on your TRV!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by henrinco(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SUMMER & FALL 2017)
1. Henrinco: February 2nd, M.ed, MUN Paper Route
2. Atrapon January 9th,M.ed MUN, online route.
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route.
4. Tuzinde, February 1st, MEng Carleton university, paper route.

@ abiodunne update the house on your application timeline
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 8:23pm On Feb 15, 2017
Megziflips:

Suggestions in probable order of admission competitiveness:

University of British Columbia
McGill University
University Alberta
Simon Fraser University
Queens University
University of Calgary
University of Western Ontario
University of Manitoba
University of Saskatchewan
Memorial university of Newfoundland
University of Victoria

Thanks a lot. I'm almost done with uni of Victoria app. thinking of adding MUN. Pls you have any idea if they need GRE FOR MSC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
Osemigho:

I must let you know that some schools offer funding(scholarship) and Brock is one of such if I am right. Although Brock funding might not be full scholarship but it is likely going to cover most fees and perhaps 5k left. Be wise to check each program funding level and not school fees alone. Good luck.

ok sir
noted. I'd check it out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello all!
I submitted my study application with my family ( 2 kids and hubby) 20th Dec 2016@ VFS Lagos. I did upfront medicals. I tracked my application via the VFS site and got your " processed passport has been sent to CVAC Lagos08/02/2017".
What does this mean please? Should I be worried or excited? I did not get an email ..... Approval email.
I sent an email on Monday to VFS Lagos helpline and got the response" your application is in transit"
The mobile number on their site is not reachable . Please who has a reachable line I could call for VFS Lag??
Anticipating a response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nievel: 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
Wow sorry to hear that. I must say it is quite strange because uni Saskatchewan waived ielts or proof of English for most Nigerian schools. Or do you mean GRE score??

[Qquote author=skylar2020 post=53728524]Good day all, my hubby's app for fall 2017 was refused at both uni of sask n uni of manitoba. sask was because of his ielts score. we added university of manitoba to the list of school ielts shud send results to. I'm convinced that's why he was refused there too. we are left with just uni of Regina. Pls is uni of winnipeg app for fall 2017 n winter 2018 still opened. seems thompson rivers university does not have a masters program in computer sci.pls house are there any other affordable schools still opened.
is UNBC app opened for winter 2018. do I need to get a supervisor first?
thnks[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
Nievel:
Wow sorry to hear that. I must say it is quite strange because uni Saskatchewan waived ielts or proof of English for most Nigerian schools. Or do you mean GRE score??

[Qquote author=skylar2020 post=53728524]Good day all, my hubby's app for fall 2017 was refused at both uni of sask n uni of manitoba. sask was because of his ielts score. we added university of manitoba to the list of school ielts shud send results to. I'm convinced that's why he was refused there too. we are left with just uni of Regina. Pls is uni of winnipeg app for fall 2017 n winter 2018 still opened. seems thompson rivers university does not have a masters program in computer sci.pls house are there any other affordable schools still opened.
is UNBC app opened for winter 2018. do I need to get a supervisor first?
thnks

Nope
it's ielts. ielts or toefl is required for msc thesis based at the uni of sask. check their website.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2017
Osemigho:

I checked brock university but the deadline has passed.15th jan.would there be winter session? I can't see any information as regards it on their website. if there are other schools like brock uni with funding. Pls do let me know. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nievel: 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2017
Okay that's interesting.
You can heckle out university of Manitoba and. Lakehead university. I see they are still open for fall 2017 and winter 2018. All the best.

skylar2020:

I checked brock university but the deadline has passed.15th jan.would there be winter session? I can't see any information as regards it on their website. if there are other schools like brock uni with funding. Pls do let me know. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abiodunne: 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2017
henrinco:
3. Wealth360: January 31st, M.Sc. MEng. University of Saskatchewan. Paper route.

@ abiodunne update the house on your application timeline

Submission of application: 5th october 2016
Medical mail: 14th febuary 2017
Route: paper application
* this is my second application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
Abiodunne:

Submission of application: 5th october 2016
Medical mail: 14th febuary 2017
Route: paper application
* this is my second application

Thanks. Program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abiodunne: 11:56pm On Feb 15, 2017
Osemigho:

Thanks. Program?

Computer application security
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:33am On Feb 16, 2017
[quote author=adebidemi post=53747766]Hello all!
I submitted my study application with my family ( 2 kids and hubby) 20th Dec 2016@ VFS Lagos. I did upfront medicals. I tracked my application via the VFS site and got your " processed passport has been sent to CVAC Lagos08/02/2017".
What does this mean please? Should I be worried or excited? I did not get an email ..... Approval email.
I sent an email on Monday to VFS Lagos helpline and got the response" your application is in transit"
The mobile number on their site is not reachable . Please who has a reachable line I could call for VFS Lag??
Anticipating a response.
Some one shld pls respond.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by henrinco(m): 6:09am On Feb 16, 2017
5. Abiodunne October 5th, PGD, Conestoga. Paper route Medical mail 14th february
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olatuns2016: 6:56am On Feb 16, 2017
Sorry about that..try n get sb over there that can pay $ and you pay in his or her naira account...thats faster...
Is it TRU u applied?

Spatz81:

CAD8K per Semester. I am still not able to pay.... it is kinda challenging.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olatuns2016: 6:58am On Feb 16, 2017
Sorry about that..try n get sb over there that can pay $ and you pay in his or her naira account...thats faster...
Is it TRU u applied?
How many month interval to pay for initial sch fee?
. All d best

Spatz81:

CAD8K per Semester. I am still not able to pay.... it is kinda challenging.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 7:32am On Feb 16, 2017
mcobex:
I think if u are close to ur previous uni here in naija u can tell them to give u a simple letter stating u were taught in English language during ur program with them. that's what I did and it worked. hope this helps
Thanks for the reply ,but i sent them an email and they removed it from my requirement .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bravemykl: 7:44am On Feb 16, 2017
Good morning everyone in the house. Please i am about to submit my documents to Canadian High Commission . Wish to know the necessary documents that i need to submit. Also want to know if i need Original or Photocopy of it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by BOSCO123(m): 7:57am On Feb 16, 2017
skylar2020:

Try university of ottawa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bamyinkus: 8:04am On Feb 16, 2017
@adebidemi it better you go there rather then mailing them cos VFS has a problem regarding getting back to applicants since last yesterday it happen to my cousin waiting for there response why his approved TRV has been dispatch 3 weeks unknown waiting for them to mail him..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 9:09am On Feb 16, 2017
adebidemi:
Hello all!
Anticipating a response.

I wont say u should be worried, u can always hope for the best. truth be told if i was in your shoes i'd apply alone. your hubby and kids would have form a very strong home ties for u and can always join u later wch is easier. all the best, just wait and get ur package.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:17am On Feb 16, 2017
House please i need to pay 234CAD, please i will appreciate anyone that can help me while I credit the naira account of that person.
@Chebe01
@WESTERNCR
@Folaroyal and co.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 16, 2017
adebidemi:
Hello all!
Anticipating a response.
this is just 50/50 .it is undetermined till you get your package at Hand

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.