Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909385 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 6:37am On Feb 15, 2017
Megziflips:
UBC aspirants (Earlier today I made the below quoted post)

For everyone waiting on UBC I want to inform you that some (if not all) of their programs have also extended their deadlines, but it's not updated on the departmental website yet.

You can verify through the following link if your program is affected: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/application-admission/application-deadlines

for example, the deadline for Comuter science has been shifted from December 15 2016 to February 19 2017

I want to upload a screenshot of their notice but I'm not certain how to upload images here.

Here is the quote from the UBC website:

In light of recent events, many programs are willing to extend their application deadlines. Please inquire with individual programs if late applications will be accepted.

I'm not certain yet what are the "recent events", but you can see my speculation on my previous post.

This applies to Bsc Programs Only, I mailed the Faculty to comfirm....

1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kaizenBash(m): 6:40am On Feb 15, 2017
kaizenBash:

-
penitential:
[/quote]
[quote author=penitential post=53723451]
-

Thank you very much for your detailed response.
regarding the reply.

You can use Google.com to get what you need on that. When you check through google, you can compare different schools tuition fees and choose the one that agree with your pocket.
1. I have actually done that but i just need some schools that give admission easily for international students, a friend mentioned schools are cheap and offer admission easily in Newfoundland and Labrador, i just need to get it right from the start. Google will definitely not give you all that you wanted. Please assist with some names anyone has got success stories with.
2. No i work as a Document controller. I will take to the advice of doing a course in line with my first degree.

I appreciate your prompt response any further assistance, advice or supports regarding the choice of school selection will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 6:56am On Feb 15, 2017
http://www.study-domain.com/list-of-low-tuition-universities-in-canada-for-international-students-with-fees-ranging-from-5000-to-10000/# check that link and choose.
kaizenBash:

-

Thank you very much for your detailed response.
regarding the reply.

You can use Google.com to get what you need on that. When you check through google, you can compare different schools tuition fees and choose the one that agree with your pocket.
1. I have actually done that but i just need some schools that give admission easily for international students, a friend mentioned schools are cheap and offer admission easily in Newfoundland and Labrador, i just need to get it right from the start. Google will definitely not give you all that you wanted. Please assist with some names anyone has got success stories with.
2. No i work as a Document controller. I will take to the advice of doing a course in line with my first degree.

I appreciate your prompt response any further assistance, advice or supports regarding the choice of school selection will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:10am On Feb 15, 2017
kaizenBash:
1. I have actually done that but i just need some schools that give admission easily for international students, a friend mentioned schools are cheap and offer admission easily in Newfoundland and Labrador, i just need to get it right from the start. Google will definitely not give you all that you wanted.

Welcome to the Canadian journey. A race that requires diligence, patience, and endurance.

1- Your best shot is a master admission in your previous field.

2- easy admission is usually indirectly related to scholarship or funding. I.e. schools or program that offer easy admission hardly give funding or scholarship. You can use your option to target schools in your province of interest.

3- Google is your best friend for all questions from meaning of a document, it samples, etc. This thread is there to support you through the journey. Kindly note the word "support" and not "direct".

My parting advise: be patient and consistent in your search and attempt for result. All the best bro.

It will end with praises. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:20am On Feb 15, 2017
BOSCO123:
Hello! Everyone

I applied to university of Ottawa and before applying I sent an email to the school asking if I will need test of English result ,the reply I got was that if I was tought in English in my university ,I don't need test of English result ,but now I have applied and I was asked to provide result for test of second language ,what should I do ?

Check the school website for proof of English language proficiency. If Nigeria or previous learning in English is a criteria for waiver, email the grad school administrator and copy your program coordinator or anyone demanding English proof from you, that you qualify for a waiver as a Nigerian or holder of degree studied in English, whichever one that qualify you for the waiver. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 7:25am On Feb 15, 2017
BOSCO123:
Hello! Everyone

I applied to university of Ottawa and before applying I sent an email to the school asking if I will need test of English result ,the reply I got was that if I was tought in English in my university ,I don't need test of English result ,but now I have applied and I was asked to provide result for test of second language ,what should I do ?
I think you indicated English as your second language during your application ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kaizenBash(m): 7:47am On Feb 15, 2017
Thank you, I appreciate your advice. I sure understand the bolded words.
Osemigho:

Welcome to the Canadian journey. A race that requires diligence, patience, and endurance.

1- Your best shot is a master admission in your previous field.

2- easy admission is usually indirectly related to scholarship or funding. I.e. schools or program that offer easy admission hardly give funding or scholarship. You can use your option to target schools in your province of interest.

3- Google is your best friend for all questions from meaning of a document, it samples, etc. This thread is there to support you through the journey. Kindly note the word "support" and not "direct".

My parting advise: be patient and consistent in your search and attempt for result. All the best bro.

It will end with praises. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:48am On Feb 15, 2017
BOSCO123:
Guys,What should I write ,in my SOP ,I am not sure of what information about me I should put . cry

Visa or admission SOP?

Generally, any of the above must answer question of why you are writing it.

Sample format.

Paragraph 1: your interest. What you have done in my interest (briefly). Why you are writing the SOP.

Para 2 or 3: what you did in my interest(major one). How you did it. What you got from it Including awards and excellent grade. How it influence what you want to do.

Para 2 or 3: what you want to do. How you want to do it. What you hope to achieve with it.

Para 4: your goal. Why you believe your goal is related to what you are writing the SOP for. What you desire by writing the SOP.

Optional paragraph for Visa: how you will finance your study. How you got (if scholarship) and or why (if relative or friend) that option of finance. Evidence of finance as included in documents submitted.

Optional paragraph for Visa: what you have as home tie as included in documents submitted. Why they are home tie. What you intend to do with them upon end of study.

Generally, stick to 1-1.5 pages max if max pages n't specified.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:02am On Feb 15, 2017
BOSCO123:
Must my recommendation email be from a professor in my department ,the ones I have approached so far are very busy

In most cases, you will need at least one from them.

Everyone is busy, we just give time to people and things that deserve our time. Search among them, or ask PG students, for those you or they believe will give you time and follow up on them wisely(ask your department PG students on how to follow up wisely). Preferably, let your UG thesis supervisor be included among your final choice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by roblance: 8:27am On Feb 15, 2017
can anyone tell me the official rate of cdn to naira? saw #240 on google, what rate do the embassy use to calculate the 'proof of financial support"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by TEECANN: 8:40am On Feb 15, 2017
@FOLAROYAL,

OK. Welcome back...enough time to prepare for your resumption in May then and BTW, being in naija is golden for now considering the ongoing cold there at this time of the year. grin

You'll get the email again in a jiffy.

(Pls confirm your email is bayoroyal7*@gmail.com)

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by eddyme(m): 8:41am On Feb 15, 2017
[quote author=Osemigho post=53371096]

Google. Almost all uni can offer Bsc in your field. However, you will need strong financial background to be approved or survive.

check university of waterloo. I read the school is good for your field in the long run. But prepare to face high competition

Thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by michaelbelgium(m): 9:04am On Feb 15, 2017
BOSCO123:
Hello! Everyone

Bosco...when i applied to uni of ottawa i also saw second language test as a requirement on my admission file...all i did was to send an email to them telling them that my language of instruction from primary to undergraduate level was english and the nigeria's official language is english...they had to remove it...note: it took me several mails for them to respond and remove it.
canada tags lecturers with a Phd as professors unlike what we have in nigeria. get a vibrant lecturer from your department possibly with a phd to do that for you. they are given ten days to fill and submit it.
make sure you send your CV, SOP and student copy transcript by email to them Asap....i guess the deadline is very close
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2017
Good day all, my hubby's app for fall 2017 was refused at both uni of sask n uni of manitoba. sask was because of his ielts score. we added university of manitoba to the list of school ielts shud send results to. I'm convinced that's why he was refused there too. we are left with just uni of Regina. Pls is uni of winnipeg app for fall 2017 n winter 2018 still opened. seems thompson rivers university does not have a masters program in computer sci.pls house are there any other affordable schools still opened.
is UNBC app opened for winter 2018. do I need to get a supervisor first?
thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2017
Timhortons:

Did a brief landing in Ontario, dont know much about it but heard it is like civilized lags in naija with many opportunities and many wahala, I guess Victoria is in BC and heard too that it is very expensive to reside there. Can tell you SO MANY things about Calgary cos i reside there.I came to Calgary cos of the prospect in Oil and Gas though very down right now but heard also that it could be very very promising with alot of Jobs when it starts booming.
I prefer Calgary to the above provinces,I am a family man and need a place that is affordable and quiet to raise my kids. Calgarians are very very accommodating people and the city is SIMPLY neat and organised.
Make your research very well based on your intended course of study to see it Ontario will be better for you.

Cheers mate.

bro please i sent you a pm kindly respond. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 10:04am On Feb 15, 2017
michaelbelgium:

Bosco...when i applied to uni of ottawa i also saw second language test as a requirement on my admission file...all i did was to send an email to them telling them that my language of instruction from primary to undergraduate level was english and the nigeria's official language is english...they had to remove it...note: it took me several mails for them to respond and remove it.
canada tags lecturers with a Phd as professors unlike what we have in nigeria. get a vibrant lecturer from your department possibly with a phd to do that for you. they are given ten days to fill and submit it.
make sure you send your CV, SOP and student copy transcript by email to them Asap....i guess the deadline is very close

please is uni of ottawa app for fall 2017 still on.
please what's the tuition fees for masters programmes?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Uzee24: 10:06am On Feb 15, 2017
Please house, has anybody here ever been invited for an interview by a VO or is it only written documents that are used for processing TRV. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by michaelbelgium(m): 10:55am On Feb 15, 2017
skylar2020:

please is uni of ottawa app for fall 2017 still on.
please what's the tuition fees for masters programmes?
deadline varies per program...for fall 2017 the deadlines are february 01 and march 01.
Mine is march 01.
As for tuition fee you need to check the program website for classified fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kaizenBash(m): 11:24am On Feb 15, 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 11:51am On Feb 15, 2017
Uzee24:
Please house, has anybody here ever been invited for an interview by a VO or is it only written documents that are used for processing TRV. Thanks

there is no physical interview, you can only express yourself via ur SOP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by babadudu1(m): 11:58am On Feb 15, 2017
penitential:
You don't need a study permit, what you need is a visitor's visa. Mind you, if you plan to extend your study period beyond that, you will have to come back to Nigeria to apply for study permit.

Tanks for ur sincere assessment. I want to ask wat is my chance of getting a work permit after am done wit d program, come bak to Nigeria nd apply for a job over there. (d program includes a certification from Canadian payroll commission).

Pls I saw ur twitter handle yesterday, followed u, so I nid u to follow mi bak so dat I can send a private msg pls. Thanks in advance for your time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 12:42pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hello everyone
please has any one successfully gotten a supervisor at university of ottawa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 15, 2017
penitential:

I think you indicated English as your second language during your application ?
@pen abeg go answer my question for aussie thread gen!! gen!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2017
I applied to lambton college today although I intended using maple education but was told it would cost me 50k...I opted to go to a cybercafe and apply myself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
@MichV, you can actually applied to schools that does whereby you don't need S.O.A for visa documentation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2017
penitential:
@MichV, you can actually apply to schools that don't thereby need S.O.A for visa documentation
bro abeg chat me up for email make i send you my number there.i no need talk this matter here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Iyalodeofcanada: 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
skylar2020:
Good day all, my hubby's app for fall 2017 was refused at both uni of sask n uni of manitoba. sask was because of his ielts score. we added university of manitoba to the list of school ielts shud send results to. I'm convinced that's why he was refused there too. we are left with just uni of Regina. Pls is uni of winnipeg app for fall 2017 n winter 2018 still opened. seems thompson rivers university does not have a masters program in computer sci.pls house are there any other affordable schools still opened.
is UNBC app opened for winter 2018. do I need to get a supervisor first?
thnks
its rare for the to reject applicants from Nigeria based on ielts score. From the little I know it's not always a requirement for graduates comming from Nigeria. At least I am very sure of U of M. Computer science is abit competitive or anything computing to say the least. Your husband's GPA, experience and availability of supervisor(if thesis)plays an important role. That is why it is always advisable to secure a supervisor before you apply for thesis based admission. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2017
IHate9ja1:
I applied to lambton college today although I intended using maple education but was told it would cost me 50k...I opted to go to a cybercafe and apply myself.
good move is something u can do yourself

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 4:09pm On Feb 15, 2017
Iyalodeofcanada:
its rare for the to reject applicants from Nigeria based on ielts score. From the little I know it's not always a requirement for graduates comming from Nigeria. At least I am very sure of U of M. Computer science is abit competitive or anything computing to say the least. Your husband's GPA, experience and availability of supervisor(if thesis)plays an important role. That is why it is always advisable to secure a supervisor before you apply for thesis based admission. Goodluck

u of manitoba was coursework alone
u of sask said he does not need a supervisor before he can apply
wat other schools are ok for him to apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2017
skylar2020:

u of sask said he does not need a supervisor before he can apply

Not sure exactly how you mean this, but might be a bit misleading.

For every research based program you "need" a supervisor (need in quotes).

I think what they mean is that you don't need to contact or get a guarantee from supervisors prior, but you definitely need to know and list various supervisors you'd like to work with (even if you haven't contacted them).

On your second question, more than half of the schools in Canada have a masters program for computer science, so theres no need listing them.
Maybe if you provided constraints, one might be better able to help you. But without constraints, I'd say almost any university in Canada has a program.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.