Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161368 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Esji80(m): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
sotall:
Update the wireless driver of the laptop from device manager. Dont download using google.

Activate your windows 7 by getting an activation CD from those guys selling softwares. Its cheap and simple to use.
ok, thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
@ozimec....i saw this question you posted " bought a lenovo thinkpad laptop from my boss
.but the system is passworded and she told me
that she couldn't remember the password again
because it's been over a year she used the system
last. Pls how do I gain access into the system?."

I can help remove the password without formatting the system.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ozimec(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2017
sotall:
@ozimec....i saw this question you posted " bought a lenovo thinkpad laptop from my boss
.but the system is passworded and she told me
that she couldn't remember the password again
because it's been over a year she used the system
last. Pls how do I gain access into the system?."

I can help remove the password without formatting the system.

It's formatted already. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2017
ozimec:

It's formatted already. Thanks
ok
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Splasshhh(f): 8:50pm On May 02, 2017
Remove the charger and battery from system. Press and hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds.
Plug in charger and run it to windows. Let's see what happens.[/quote]

Hi, i am experiencing almost the same booting problem.
Mine started with hanging after my brother backed up his phone memory in my system. The screen locked and when i tried to key in the password, the mouse pointer was​ moving but could not select anything. I force shut it down and powered it again after few seconds. The power light were showing but the system was not booting and the lights stayed on for as long as i left it on and did not sleep.

I have applied what I adviced above but when i plug on the charger without the battery, i don't see any light and it doesn't come on
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:16pm On May 02, 2017
Splasshhh:

Remove the charger and battery from system. Press and hold down the power button for 20-30 seconds.
Plug in charger and run it to windows. Let's see what happens.

Hi, i am experiencing almost the same booting problem.
Mine started with hanging after my brother backed up his phone memory in my system. The screen locked and when i tried to key in the password, the mouse pointer was​ moving but could not select anything. I force shut it down and powered it again after few seconds. The power light were showing but the system was not booting and the lights stayed on for as long as i left it on and did not sleep.

I have applied what I adviced above but when i plug on the charger without the battery, i don't see any light and it doesn't come on
I advise seeing a technician for proper troubleshooting.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ayabadavies(f): 7:56am On May 03, 2017
Please my laptop is no more coming up
Whenever I insert the battery, the light that indicate dt its charging comes up.
if I remove the battery and charge the laptop, the empty laptop charges. Pls help me, I'm kinda confuse.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:02am On May 03, 2017
ayabadavies:
Please my laptop is no more coming up
Whenever I insert the battery, the light that indicate dt its charging comes up.
if I remove the battery and charge the laptop, the empty laptop charges. Pls help me, I'm kinda confuse.

When you say not coming up, do you mean it switches on but doesnt display on the screen? or it doesnt switch on at all?

what is the brand and model of your laptop?

is your laptop AMD or Intel?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by wahleyz(m): 3:59pm On May 03, 2017
Hello ous... My HP is not booting o... After putting it on, it shows the logo but won't boot the windows... Pls Wat can I do to it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2017
wahleyz:
Hello ous... My HP is not booting o... After putting it on, it shows the logo but won't boot the windows... Pls Wat can I do to it
what is model number of your HP laptop?
after the HP logo , what do you see?

anything like boot device not found ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Sanni45(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2017
savictory2:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It doesn't come up, as in "ON". The thing just dey make noise and giving yellow light.
Its most likely RAM problem.Remove d RAM clean it and re-insert it.Also clean d slot.But if it does not work get a new RAM.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by geni340(f): 2:12pm On May 04, 2017
@sotall and all engineers,
pls i hav two accounts on my pc, bt the second acc, because i havnt been using it for a while, i forgot d password, so i use only d ist acct. when i tried to use the forgot pword feature it said i needed a flash somfin.....pls is there a way to open d acct?
thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:21pm On May 04, 2017
geni340:
@sotall and all engineers,
pls i hav two accounts on my pc, bt the second acc, because i havnt been using it for a while, i forgot d password, so i use only d ist acct. when i tried to use the forgot pword feature it said i needed a flash somfin.....pls is there a way to open d acct?
thanks.
Yes, there is a way to do that. It is a technical process and requires more than a DIY. if you are in Lagos, I can help you out. whstsapp 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by chucksbadt(m): 12:00pm On May 05, 2017
captain247:
Please I need help my laptop was displaying an error code with a blue screen saying "your PC needs to be repaired "and it won't Boot to normal desktop background. I gave it to computer guys they told me my hard disk needs formatting after that the fault was still there I was told to buy a new hard disk which I did and it worked only for a week and display the same error code with blue screen. They reformatted the disk, after two months now the same problem has resurfaced but this time the disk has refused to be formatted. Now I have two hard disk which are now faulty what is actually the fault of the system? Please kindly assist. Thanks

Have you solved the problem?
Its more likely not a hard disk problem. It could be your RAM
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by omoikea(m): 3:31pm On May 05, 2017
my PC don turn television...once nepa take light, na off straight

it shows 1% available (plugged in, not charging)

i don't want to think its the battery because it just started 3days ago without noticeable warning

what's the solution please
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 3:59pm On May 05, 2017
omoikea:
my PC don turn television...once nepa take light, na off straight

it shows 1% available (plugged in, not charging)

i don't want to think its the battery because it just started 3days ago without noticeable warning

what's the solution please
Unfortunately , it maybe the battery . The charger may also be responsible. So you are gonna need to test another battery and charger to know where the issue is. if you test with a good charger and battery and the problem remains, then the next possible culprit is the motherboard
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by omoikea(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2017
sotall:
Unfortunately , it maybe the battery . The charger may also be responsible. So you are gonna need to test another battery and charger to know where the issue is. if you test with a good charger and battery and the problem remains, then the next possible culprit is the motherboard

thanks... let me try another battery and charger
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by stixz(m): 5:51pm On May 05, 2017
My system disconnects frequently when connected to Wi-Fi uses about 1mins tops, the flight mode can't also toggle on or off, it's blurred out in windows settings. It's frustrating Pls help. Windows 8. Hp250
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by daamazing(m): 5:57pm On May 05, 2017
stixz:
My system disconnects frequently when connected to Wi-Fi uses about 1mins tops, the flight mode can't also toggle on or off, it's blurred out in windows settings. It's frustrating Pls help. Windows 8. Hp250
try uninstalling your WiFi adapter.
My PC - system information - device manager. Uninstall the WiFi and reboot!
If it still persists, check whether there's a new update for the adapter.
Cheers!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by stixz(m): 6:00pm On May 05, 2017
daamazing:
try uninstalling your WiFi adapter.
My PC - system information - device manager. Uninstall the WiFi and reboot!
If it still persists, check whether there's a new update for the adapter.
Cheers!

Done this before, it's still the same
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by daamazing(m): 6:03pm On May 05, 2017
stixz:

Done this before, it's still the same
my guess
It's either the WiFi adapter(hardware) is bad or it's a software issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by stixz(m): 6:09pm On May 05, 2017
daamazing:
my guess
It's either the WiFi adapter(hardware) is bad or it's a software issue.
What's the possible solution?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by daamazing(m): 6:48pm On May 05, 2017
stixz:

What's the possible solution?
Let sotall attend to you.. You'll have to change the adapter.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 05, 2017
Hi,pls how much can I get a 300gig hdd for my laptop?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:44pm On May 05, 2017
Ernestsimeon:
Hi,pls how much can I get a 300gig hdd for my laptop?
I have a 320gbb hard drive going for 11k.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by captain247: 9:12pm On May 05, 2017
chucksbadt:

Have you solved the problem?
Its more likely not a hard disk problem. It could be your RAM

Thanks for your concern they actually tried using a 4GB RAM but it didn't work I have spent 25k trying to fix it but to no avail rather they keep formatting and I keep paying to re-install all the apps and windows and antivirus. I have given it out not to bother about it anymore.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Emasel(m): 6:43pm On May 06, 2017
Hello guys,

My HP Notebook Pro laptop shuts down on it's own. Me and my friends have done some troubleshooting, the hard disk is okay, likewise is the RAM. The battery charges well too and the laptop is not overheating as the fan is working well. The error that prompts from the event manager is Kernel-Processor-Power failure, I think the laptop is losing power.

Has anyone experienced such before and how did you go about it.

Please guys I need your help.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:30pm On May 06, 2017
Emasel:
Hello guys,

My HP Notebook Pro laptop shuts down on it's own. Me and my friends have done some troubleshooting, the hard disk is okay, likewise is the RAM. The battery charges well too and the laptop is not overheating as the fan is working well. The error that prompts from the event manager is Kernel-Processor-Power failure, I think the laptop is losing power.

Has anyone experienced such before and how did you go about it.

Please guys I need your help.
I think trying another processor on your motherboard is worth trying .
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Emasel(m): 8:32pm On May 06, 2017
sotall:
I think trying another processor on your motherboard is worth trying .

I'm thinking of changing the motherboard, do you think that will work?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:52pm On May 06, 2017
Emasel:

I'm thinking of changing the motherboard, do you think that will work?
That should be the last resort if everything else fails. But i recommend changing the processor first

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 06, 2017
Hi room,my hp dvd drive is not responding,what could be the cause?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:37am On May 07, 2017
Ernestsimeon:
Hi room,my hp dvd drive is not responding,what could be the cause?

It is most likely the lens is weak if it seems to be spinning but not reading the disc. You will most likely need to replace with a working dvd ROM.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.