Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. (45406 Views)

Condoms Sale Increases On Valentine Day By 70 Percent – NAN / Men Pay Extra Money To Have Sex With Prostitutes In Abuja Without Condoms - FACA / UNFPA Distributes 53,000 Condoms At Calabar Christmas Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by egorov(m): 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
Seun, pls reshuffle your mods. The kind of topics that make front page these days....
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 31, 2016
Seahawk:
This is actually a serious issue but not surprisingly, posters are being childish and stupid about it.
many of the posters here are under 15

2 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Jonwesley(m): 12:23am On Aug 31, 2016
Why the use of the word "proliferation" moderators? When it's not manufactured or produced here, or am I not in Naija? I need explanation please.

OP, I think HungerBad appeared pained that you are taken, as ur moniker says. The reason for his scathing comments at the beginning. Otherwise an all inclusive complaint or observation made in the post should not have warranted such negative criticism.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by 360command: 12:25am On Aug 31, 2016
amtaken:
Condoms can be used by married couples for pregnancy prevention OK.
beauty, I understand all what you are saying about fake condoms been in the market but to tell you the truth, I have not noticed it. I have come to realised that some of our women tend to dry up quickly during sex, don't know if it is those virgin fake creams(virgin tighter) they use and this does not help people who make use of condoms. I try to advice people, to make use of "condoms and sex Gels" for smooth sex delivery which avoid bursts.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nina4u(f): 1:26am On Aug 31, 2016
Mtn when u lack communication in the bedroom

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 31, 2016
thundabot:
WHY US CONDOM ?? WHY WASTE MONEY DO SIMPLE HIV TEST. SKIN TO SKIN ALL THE WAY
So you want to abort babies abi?? That is if you haven't already. Unless you are married undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:49am On Aug 31, 2016
AreaFada2:

The Ruff Ryder one make me laugh. grin
There must be "Smooff Ryder" too. cheesy

I'm actually impressed that awareness is better among women and more possibly taking charge of their sexual health. Instead of being passive and allowing guys to decide if preventive measures should be taken during intercourse.

After all, the burden of STIs, abortions and single parenthood is disproportionately greater on women.
Actually its only abortions that is disproportionately greater on women. The other two factors are not gender biased.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by dokiOloye(m): 5:15am On Aug 31, 2016
thundabot:
Dearest sis,Hepatitis B and C are more deadly than HIV.Including a host of other STIs for eg HPV in women.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 5:47am On Aug 31, 2016
lanreni:

Curses? where did it come from?
Don't try to modify your first submission, because you never specified marraige. By the way, are you married? If you desire to control yourself, then we can discuss, but to think condoms or even marraige will curb your sexual appetite, then you are wasting your time. no condom manufacturer gurantees 100% effectiveness. they won't do your job of personal discipline for you, wether single or married. I feel your personal struggles, but you must call these things by their true names. thats the first stage to true freedom. Do you know that the difference between a man and and animal is abstinence? The power of choice. the power to say i will wait. the power to say no! Think about it.

You need to go acquire some education and manners before commenting on my post.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:16am On Aug 31, 2016
WELL even if condom na fake e get the way..first reason for condom breakage is dryness or using wrong lubricants ,many users dont even engage in pre-intimacy ,toto go still dry like ikpakere yaba dem go juz dey force gbola inside with alomo and orijin eyeness...even the reciever nor get water for body...and most nja girls dont obey their body chemistry u go wan bleep she go wan bleep buh she go dey do like say na rape u dey rape am..the bottomline is diz..if the pucci is well lubricated,and u dont try to be too rough make love dont fcvk like a dog..learn the habit of pre-intimacy u are not animals.your condoms will endure.meanwhile buy condoms from registered pharmacies not mama chuka shop or iya sule kiosk..if u pay good not some 100#cheap condom u get satisfactory results.
amtaken:
Why are there so many fake condoms in Nigeria today?

Most of them break while being used.

Can the Ministry of health look into this please, considering the fact that this could be hazardous to the health and can also lead to unwanted pregnancies?

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:24am On Aug 31, 2016
e be like say ur parents offend u..abi life don tire una gals like una i dey rate highly XRATED VERSION.
thundabot:
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:32am On Aug 31, 2016
REALLY GALZ WHO DONT LIKE CONDOMS SORRY TO SAY DISGUSTS..THE ONLY SURE THING IN LIFE IS DEATH..SEX IS A MIN ENJOYMENT BUT CAN LEAD TO A TOTAL LIFE DESTRUCTION...MEHNNNNNN U DONT KNOW MY SEXUAL HISTORY ,I DONT KNOW YOURS,FOR ALL I CARE WE ALL LIE ABOUT OUR PAST WEN WE MEET A NEW FISH AS IT WERE DONT INDULGE IN MY PAST 4UCK ODAZ B4 U..LETS GET ALONG SAFELY WITH CONDOM AND SEE WHERE IT WILL LEAD US ,IF TO EVENTUAL DATING FINE,MARRIAGE FINE AND JUST FOR THE LUST OF BODY OR JUST OBEYING BODY CHEMISTRY..LIFE IS REALLY SIMPLE WE MAKE IT COMPLEX FOR NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON I SWEAR undecided undecided undecided
Trina0936:

So you want to abort babies abi?? That is if you haven't already. Unless you are married undecided
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Spidermon: 6:34am On Aug 31, 2016
See people mentioning condoms of 500 naira upwards. Assuming one furcks 2 rounds per sex session every other day, that is like 15k per month.

In this Buhari economy??

And I know a lot of people are sexually more active than that because na only tootooh dey bring joy for this period for most guys.

Pull out game on Vacuum cleaner mode.

NB: by the way, any woman wey sabi types of condom pass men, her poosie should be quarantined. Just saying...
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by dotedote: 6:34am On Aug 31, 2016
What are your preferences? They stay employed in an organisation that produces a substandard product or innocent citizens suffer the consequences of the fake products? You must be joking

youngest85:

'Close down their factories' and some people become jobless...

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:35am On Aug 31, 2016
SO far the best comments..thumbs up for u..finally someone on the same page with me..
360command:
beauty, I understand all what you are saying about fake condoms been in the market but to tell you the truth, I have not noticed it. I have come to realised that some of our women tend to dry up quickly during sex, don't know if it is those virgin fake creams(virgin tighter) they use and this does not help people who make use of condoms. I try to advice people, to make use of "condoms and sex Gels" for smooth sex delivery which avoid bursts.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:44am On Aug 31, 2016
tell her,cuz her comment still is shocking me..but there are many of her like dat on the street,,av met a gal b4 in lagos who told me if we must get down no condoms ,dat condoms causes her irritation i was stunned and that it doesnt excite her using condom..i told her words she will never forget in her life ,later she started crying and agreed to using a condom begging to come and do but my fellow nairalanders the urge has vanished from me like evil spirit..i nor wan die young ..if woman open her mouth tell u say she nor dey like condom say na only nigga raw she dey play ,it will only be wise to flee from scene oooo..u can imagine how reckless she is in this present days of diff toilet diseases,stds,vagina nonsense .there are some people i will not feel comfortable sleeping with even with a condom..guys ur life is precious.
dokiOloye:
Dearest sis,Hepatitis B and C are more deadly than HIV.Including a host of other STIs for eg HPV in women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:51am On Aug 31, 2016
alaye u are not from here..na woman born u 4 man..ur head full everywhere u sabi jare...suo 4 d paddy wey sabi...i fit hail till dem ban me 4 excessive hailings. grin grin grin grin
Ishilove:

Twale!
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by SuperBlack: 7:21am On Aug 31, 2016
chimaobinelson:

B4 u wan tasteam gringringringrin which kai funny person u be
.lolgrin
dem go draw girl for wall ,digg small hole fr her below, for ur testin tins
Hahahaha. At least female nurses should be the sellers of Condom for fast and easy testing, via standing and turning the backside.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by pinky1974: 7:31am On Aug 31, 2016
HungerBAD:

Derail?nah,not my style.

I am just curious why a Nursing mother is complaining about burst condoms. As a Lawyer, you are smart enough to see the relationship between a burst condom, and a baby right?
how does that really affect you, you guys joke over every issue
Thank God she is a nursing mother and not a prostitute.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by AreaFada2: 7:32am On Aug 31, 2016
Trina0936:

Actually its only abortions that is disproportionately greater on women. The other two factors are not gender biased.

Actually it is: for example nothing protects a woman from contracting HV naturally. Except an extremely rare genetic make-up as found in a lady & her daughter who were both prostitutes in Kenya many years ago.

But male circumcision has been found to offer a small amount of protection against HIV. A woman's naturally larger mucus membrane down below also increases the risk of contracting HIV more. Her chances of contraction each time she's exposed to HIV is a bit higher than that of a guy.

However, whatever slight protection men have is regarding only heterosexual sex, which I suppose we're talking about. BUT that little protection IS NOT GOOD enough to make any guy reckless. PROTECTION IS STILL KEY.

My assertion is from scientific research published over the years + everyday clinical observation.

Also, if you look around or check family studies in every country, far more women are raising their kids alone, than men raising their kids alone. Many of those single mothers are teenagers who got pregnant totally unplanned. We all know of girls (even over 30 years old ones) who got preggy and the boyfriend did a runner. grin cheesy

Do not forget that a lot of "relationships" in 9ja have a financial aspect to it. Whereby the lady depends on the man economically. So the one with the economic strength has more power in the relationship and can get to decide how sex is had, including with or without protection.

In the UK, well over 2 million kids are growing up without a dad in their lives. That is, their dads contact them less than two times a year, by definition. Many areas have even been identified nationwide geographically in UK as "men deserts".

Clearly, the burden is far, far more on women.

2 Likes

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by lanreni: 7:55am On Aug 31, 2016
amtaken:

I HAVE BOTH. IT HAS MADE ME DIFFERENTIATE WHAT IS RIGHT FROM WHAT IS WRONG, NOT FOLLOWING THE BAND WAGON BECAUSE YOUR URGES, FRIENDS OR SOCIETY DICTATES SO. IT HAS MADE ME EMOTIONALLY DISCIPLINED. DO YOU HAVE BOTH?
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:04am On Aug 31, 2016
amtaken:

My dear sister, you don't have to respond to every stuupid post here. You see why Nigeria is backward in so many respects?

Truth is that there are fake condoms in the market like you rightly observed and not every woman likes swallowing contraceptives each time the condom bursts.

To those saying there are no fakes, how come there are N200 ruff riders which break easily and then 400 or 450.

A friend just had a set of twins just because of all these fake condoms after he has already hung his boots, and some ppl feel it's not important to discuss it?

Anyways, you can try other brands like Durex or even powdera. I think they withstand more friction.

People should know that not only irresponsible and indecent folks use protection.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by sweetilicious(f): 8:21am On Aug 31, 2016
amtaken:
Why are there so many fake condoms in Nigeria today?

Most of them break while being used.

Can the Ministry of health look into this please, considering the fact that this could be hazardous to the health and can also lead to unwanted pregnancies?

Abstinence will save us from alot of troubles. Just imagine say you are HIV positive, its not cool at all.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 8:32am On Aug 31, 2016
sweetilicious:
Abstinence will save us from alot of troubles. Just imagine say you are HIV positive, its not cool at all.
Back to sender first of all.

Secondly I am married. Respect yourself.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 8:40am On Aug 31, 2016
Chiefpriest1:

My dear sister, you don't have to respond to every stuupid post here. You see why Nigeria is backward in so many respects?

Truth is that there are fake condoms in the market like you rightly observed and not every woman likes swallowing contraceptives each time the condom bursts.

To those saying there are no fakes, how come there are N200 ruff riders which break easily and then 400 or 450.

A friend just had a set of twins just because of all these fake condoms after he has already hung his boots, and some ppl feel it's not important to discuss it?

Anyways, you can try other brands like Durex or even powdera. I think they withstand more friction.

People should know that not only irresponsible and indecent folks use protection.
Africans are mostly hypocrites. I am a married woman with a toddler and I don't plan to have another baby soon. Hubby and I resorted to use condoms in the mean time but found out that some of them are not reliable. I made this post to enlighten people about the hazards of such fake condoms and some folks here think that typing rubbish about me will make them appear decent to the public.

1 Like

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by amtaken(f): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2016
egorov:
Seun, pls reshuffle your mods. The kind of topics that make front page these days....

It is better to keep quiet and observe when you don't understand something, maybe you will learn.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by iamrealdeji(m): 8:52am On Aug 31, 2016
thundabot:
what if your partner has HIV the following day you do the test? At least you can't do HIV test everyday.
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by deflover(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2016
No wonder this is happening...I thought I was the problem...may be I was hitting too hard.....many times I have had condom breaking and I wonder why it happens...

It's crazy but I 've experienced it about five to seven times
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by egorov(m): 8:57am On Aug 31, 2016
amtaken:

It is better to keep quiet and observe when you don't understand something, maybe you will learn.
sorry dear, i don't remember quoting or mentioning u anywhere. Why do u have to talk to me in that manner? I wasn't refering to you, pls
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by chimaobinelson(m): 9:06am On Aug 31, 2016
SuperBlack:
Hahahaha. At least female nurses should be the sellers of Condom for fast and easy testing, via standing and turning the backside.

one bad guy sighted
.i suggest you carry ur bae come dea,testam for dea,because if u carryam go home,com returnam dem nogo collctam
Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 31, 2016
Livefreeordieha:
REALLY GALZ WHO DONT LIKE CONDOMS SORRY TO SAY DISGUSTS..THE ONLY SURE THING IN LIFE IS DEATH..SEX IS A MIN ENJOYMENT BUT CAN LEAD TO A TOTAL LIFE DESTRUCTION...MEHNNNNNN U DONT KNOW MY SEXUAL HISTORY ,I DONT KNOW YOURS,FOR ALL I CARE WE ALL LIE ABOUT OUR PAST WEN WE MEET A NEW FISH AS IT WERE DONT INDULGE IN MY PAST 4UCK ODAZ B4 U..LETS GET ALONG SAFELY WITH CONDOM AND SEE WHERE IT WILL LEAD US ,IF TO EVENTUAL DATING FINE,MARRIAGE FINE AND JUST FOR THE LUST OF BODY OR JUST OBEYING BODY CHEMISTRY..LIFE IS REALLY SIMPLE WE MAKE IT COMPLEX FOR NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON I SWEAR undecided undecided undecided
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Proliferation Of Fake Condoms In Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 31, 2016
Another reason why married couples should use condoms is because you can't be 100% sure your spouse is faithful to you. I really pity women whose husbands infect them with STDs! It's disheartening! sad
I know of a married woman who personally gives her husband condoms every time because she knows if given the opportunity men would always cheat! undecided
Better safe than sorry lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do You Use When On Your Period? Tampons Or Pads? / After Treating STD, This Is How I See Women Now / New Prices Of Sanitary Pads In Nigeria, 2017 - Touching Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.