Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271643 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
xtianfemi:
.Pls I have a similar big Dish,which Decoder and LNB works well with this.I mean is going to work with Strong Decoder,Qsat Decoder.Give me the exact Decoder to use.My no is 08068573202.

Hello xtainfemi, all the decoders you mentioned and other free to air decoders work well with this dish. You can use both C-band and KU-band LNB for this dish. However you can only use the KU-band LNB to receive channels being received by small dishes 45cm to 120cm.

You can motorise it if you have the finances to do so. This will enable you watch more channels; sports, movies, news, documentary, music, etc.

The type of decoder you use depends on what you want. Some decoders allow you to enter known keys for some encrypted channels, some don't support all the encryption methods, while some can even do autoroll-that is getting the new keys as the providers change the keys.

All in all you can enjoy free news, movies, sports and music channels. these are channels broadcasted free on various satellites.

Check out George_D's pictures in these links:

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/605

https://www.nairaland.com/712408/free-air-satellite-tv-general/1049#39020159

cheers.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sunjosh: 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Im a novice in dis business of satellite instalatn, i need ur assistance in tutoring me on wat softcam, biss keys, powervukeys, nagravisio etc on qsat to view spot24Hd. Recently, out of curiousity, i mistakenly deleted all d nagravision keys on my qsat13g. The sport24 became scrambled. I really didn't know wat to do n what it had to do wit d sport24 cos i thot its only powervu keys dat r needed. Pls i need tutoring on dat.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by EbenzMedia9: 1:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
Promote your audio/video soundtracks on 12 sites for 8000naira and get free hypes on facebook and twitter with broadcast. Contact 07032617747.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kenny254: 5:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
Hi guys,
I deeply need your help, i was receiving syfy channel on apstar 76 east tp 3720 H 29620. but recently am getting no signal on the same Tp while the likes of Disney channel and others are doing good. what should I do to get syfy? please help.
My location is Kenya.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2016
kenny254:
Hi guys,
I deeply need your help, i was receiving syfy channel on apstar 76 east tp 3720 H 29620. but recently am getting no signal on the same Tp while the likes of Disney channel and others are doing good. what should I do to get syfy? please help.
My location is Kenya.

pls my Disney is off. can u pls give me the tp for the Disney.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by muawuya: 6:01am On Aug 31, 2016
Hello ,
Please Iany one with an idea of how to insert bliss code on D-SAT receiver DX 9800. May God bless us all

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by satelliteDISH(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2016
sunjosh:
Im a novice in dis business of satellite instalatn, i need ur assistance in tutoring me on wat softcam, biss keys, powervukeys, nagravisio etc on qsat to view spot24Hd. Recently, out of curiousity, i mistakenly deleted all d nagravision keys on my qsat13g. The sport24 became scrambled. I really didn't know wat to do n what it had to do wit d sport24 cos i thot its only powervu keys dat r needed. Pls i need tutoring on dat.
no need to panic. Go and download the newest version of qsat software and use it to upgrade ur decoder. All the deleted keys will be restored.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kenny254: 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
Adielcy:

pls my Disney is off. can u pls give me the tp for the Disney.

Disney tp 3882 H 30000
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Muyiwabiggy(m): 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
Pls how much is a motorised tracker in naira
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by meeky007(m): 6:47am On Sep 10, 2016
Pls help me wit my strong srt 4950hd.
there was high current nd d top left corner(facing it) made a crack sound nd smoke began to come out of it,its still showing normal but i dont knw if there's been any problem wit it.
thank u.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by lincolnola: 2:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
Gurus,
I have 1m startime dis.
Pls, can I use it to track 16°e,28°e,26°e,SES 5°e and 7°e together?
Thnx for ur response
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 13, 2016
meeky007:
Pls help me wit my strong srt 4950hd.
there was high current nd d top left corner(facing it) made a crack sound nd smoke began to come out of it,its still showing normal but i dont knw if there's been any problem wit it.
thank u.

pls take it to closest workshop... or do it your self .. The power Capacitor have burst it need to be replace to avoid further damage
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by pascali(m): 9:40am On Sep 15, 2016
i need to purchase a brand new strong decoder plz give a genuine and everlasting, product of strong decoder wch i can i get at the rate of 10k meanwhile with easy setting
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by pascali(m): 9:40am On Sep 15, 2016
i need to purchase a brand new strong decoder plz give a genuine and everlasting, product of strong decoder wch i can i get at the rate of 10k meanwhile with easy setting tnx and God bless as u help
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by lincolnola: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2016
lincolnola:
Gurus,
I have 1m startime dis.
Pls, can I use it to track 16°e,28°e,26°e,SES 5°e and 7°e together?
Thnx for ur response

Gurus,
Pls answer this question.Thnx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kenny254: 5:26am On Sep 18, 2016
kenny254:
Hi guys,
My location is Kenya.

Please can someone help me with this.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Erag: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
Pls how do I install my digisat using str 4669x lnb
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Monlo(m): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Erag:
Pls how do I install my digisat using str 4669x lnb

Go to the library section and read,it will do you best for solution and further questions.Enjoy
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
larryenob:
this depend on that type of strong you are using like srt4650 when the signal stren. within 26-27% n quality is with 15-17% stable it mean ur LNB is ok. for srt4653x above you will notice that the signal stren. is within 70%above and stable this mean that ur lnb is ok but when it not stable it mean the lnb is bad
note you also no when the cable is bad by joinin the cable flex n the single copper n check if your receiver will write lnb if it does it mean the cable ok n the lnb is bad
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
akinis09:
since ur location is south south ur dish size wil b 1meter nd above 2 b able 2 nail ew6. as 4 badr5 nd astra2 are receivable on 65cm or 90cm.2 nail either badr or astra 2 1st nail ew4.afta nailin ew4 adjust ur dish upward nt more dan 1inch 4 astra2 2 hit gren on dis tp 12552 v 19531.4 badr5 afta nailin astra2 shift ur dish 2 d rite nt more dan half inch nd ajust it upward nt more dan 1 inch standin bhind ur dish 4 dis tp 2 hit gren 12303 h 27500.as 4 ew6 usin 1meter dish afta trakin astra2 adjust ur dish upward nd shift it 2 d rite standin bhind ur dish wit dis tp 11653 v 15710 bt dis bird is some how dificult 2 track bt i wish u best of luck.ew6(21e). badr5(26e) astra2(28e)
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2016
Ussals:
start by tracking astra2b then attach your w4 as the secondary, the the secondary LNB should be attached a bit above the primary and should be a little by the left standing in front of the LNB. hope it helps
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 6:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
blexxonmak:

@Stevolat. The two satellites are very close to each other in terms of orbital position and elevation.When dealing with multi- lnb set up one thing you should understand is that microwaves are em waves and thus obeys the principle of reversibility.Thus if you use Sirius as the primary focus,the lnb for EW3 should be placed just slightly on top of it.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
auchs:
@ suleiman
if your decoder is strong, the code is 0000. There are many ways of adding channels. Methods*
1- press menu. Go to installation. Then go to blind(auto) scan and press ok to start scanning for any available channel on that satellite whether new or old channels.
2- Go to www.lyngsat.com. Locate the satellite you are using. E.g intelsat 7/10 for the mytv. Then locate the channel you are looking for. Then copy the frequency and symbol rate of that channel eg 12.722 H 26.657 for presstv on intelsat 7/10. Then put on your decoder. Press menu. Go to installation. Then go to manual scan and input the frequency and symbol rate of the channel you have gotten in the spaces for them. Then press ok for the manual scan of the channel to start.
Others are PID scan, and channel data transfer from decoder to decoder etc.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
microgint:

Use an inline amplifier close to the lnb. If you are residing in lagos it should be available at Alaba.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 12:10am On Oct 03, 2016
freshp:

1.you need to be sure that the flash drive is an original one.
2.make sure that the STB has recognized the flash drive.(make sure you see "DVR ready "on your screen)
3.when your program of interest is on simply press "rec" on your remote control,you will see "prepare for record'.then the recording would have started.
. . . . you will notice a blinking 'rec' at the top left of your screen. . . .

4.to stop recording press 'stop' on your remote control . . .when asked 'are you sure' make sure you slsect yes on the screen and then press 'Ok'
on your remote control.

the file would have been saved on your flash drive . ,

NB if th flash drive is more than 4 gig you will need to format it to FAT 32 for the 69X to recognized.

5. you can now convert/play our files on the system using Iskysoft video converter.

hope this helps.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Pidzo:

Here is the procedure as I can remember it; 1- Switch ON the decoder (make sure it is connected to Dstv satellite) 2- Reset the decoder by pressing MENU & DOWN ARROW buttons simultaneously 3- Decoder will flash dL 4- While dL is flashing press STANDBY button 5- Then press UP ARROW 6- Then press DOWN ARROW 7- Then press STANDBY button again 8- The decoder will show dL and start the download process. NOTE: These are decoder buttons and NOT Remote Control buttons.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bobojoshua(m): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
agyengo:

get urself anoda 4669xii from a friend or neighbour and get urself an rs232 female cable....

1. connect the rs232 from the two decoders
2. on the two decoders
3. go to system setting on the new decoder, search for data transfer
4. click on it, select the first bar option
5. wait 4 it to load......it will then ask you to connect stb.. then,
6. on the dead decoder......
7. it will load till 100%
then your decoder will be alive again.... happy hunting
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by LikeJesus: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello Guys,

Please help out!

I got the Startimes Gemini+ decoder; the dual decoder type. My problem is the tracking of the satellite. I am at lost at exactly where the satellite is and the name. I have gotten so many suggestions as where the position is. The latest I got was from their Customer Care ,I was told to point the satellite at South-west direction and use 12342 as frequency and 27500 as symbol.

Has a anyone experience in tracking the Startimes satellite? If yes, what is the name of the satellite?

Thanks .
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by luvablesam(m): 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
kenny254:

Disney tp 3882 H 30000

Please Disney is free to air on what kind of Satellite size and which frequency?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 8:24am On Oct 31, 2016
luvablesam:

Please Disney is free to air on what kind of Satellite size and which frequency?

It is on C-band in Apstar 7 at 76.5°E and the channel is encrypted (coded) with PowerVu encryption. If you have a decoder capable of decoding the PowerVu encryption then you are good to go.

Note to get Apstar 7 at 76.5°E you must lower your dish further from old MyTv position Intelsat 20 at 68.5°E the dish size should not be less than 1.8mtr.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by luvablesam(m): 10:34am On Oct 31, 2016
microgiant:

It is on C-band in Apstar 7 at 76.5°E and the channel is encrypted (coded) with PowerVu encryption. If you have a decoder capable of decoding the PowerVu encryption then you are good to go.

Note to get Apstar 7 at 76.5°E you must lower your dish further from old MyTv position Intelsat 20 at 68.5°E the dish size should not be less than 1.8mtr.
Thanks a lot.... Can I get other cartoon stations on c-band too?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jezsie: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
Pls how much do you think I should buy this fairly used dish. Pls i need urgent respond before the owner give it to someone else.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.