Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

#zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time (44935 Views)

In 2017 Buhari Was Driven From His Office By Patriotic & Courageous Rats – FFK / "Buhari Unable To Eat & Drink Post By Sahara Reporters Is False" - Bashir Ahmad / A Nigerian In Germany Wanted To Renounce His Nigerian Citizenship & Got This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by arosunshine(m): 1:23am On Aug 31, 2016
Dollyak:
The worrying thing is why Yoruba language are constantly being ignored in favour of Hausa. This needs an explanation.

so while we are fighting tribalism, u are here practicing it. Run out from this thread b4 i flog u

2 Likes

Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by Akaewu: 1:57am On Aug 31, 2016
eph12:

No be only fight we know how to fight for here?

Well good u agree say una too d fight + yarn okpata for here
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:33am On Aug 31, 2016
IF IBRAHIM MAKES THAT COMMENT HERE IN NAIRALAND, HE IS IN TROUBLE

1 Like

Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 31, 2016
I love Mark Zuckerberg, I love him so much *cries*

1 Like

Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by uzolexis(f): 4:59am On Aug 31, 2016
fratermathy:
Patriotic. This is how things are supposed to be. I wonder if the tribes he mentioned, especially the second one, can ever do this!

We have a lot to learn in Nigeria.

You are commending him and doing exactly the opposite by calling out another tribe,look in the mirror my friend, remove the log in your eyes first and learn patriotism before you can teach others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by hardbody: 5:45am On Aug 31, 2016
fratermathy:
Patriotic. This is how things are supposed to be. I wonder if the tribes he mentioned, especially the second one, can ever do this!

We have a lot to learn in Nigeria.

There we go again, singling out the second tribe, whoever they are. Mental Liliput
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by hardbody: 5:47am On Aug 31, 2016
TOPCRUISE:
IF IBRAHIM MAKES THAT COMMENT HERE IN NAIRALAND, HE IS IN TROUBLE

Him for chop ban till 2099
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by Sheggy13(m): 5:50am On Aug 31, 2016
eph12:
That guy is not a nairalander. Definitely not!
Unlike the other mumu one that commented below him with the name "Fearless Biafra" who was asking if Hausa people use Facebook app, saying monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. Such persons think the best way to preach greatness of their tribe is by putting down other tribes by insulting words and trying to force their supposed superiority over others. His likes abound here.
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by lordkhalifa(m): 6:29am On Aug 31, 2016
the guy just say the truth because we have few Hausa's using Facebook or any other network, dis white folks mistook them to be the majority or the most brainy not knowing Hausa folk got no business to do with social networks, only that his small finger bar3 radio can give him all the information he needed.... I see bias here
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by mekonglobal(m): 6:34am On Aug 31, 2016
galadima77:

lolz, haba bros na. u just join everybody for NL come finish us like that?
Hello sir, this ur siggy grin grin i think that law need to be review..
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by felifeli: 6:36am On Aug 31, 2016
midolian:
"Does anyone know ibrahim? This is one of the most patriotic comment I have seen on social media in a while" - Reno Omokri's tweet

This above is Reno Omokri's reaction to a post by Babagana Ibrahim Zango, a facebook User from Daura. This post has got people talking. Reno Omokri, Ben Murray Bruce and many other Nigerians have reacted to it. If you ask me, it is the most patriotic post any Nigerian has made since the last General elections.

See Ibrahim Zango's post and the reactions that followed in the following screen munched tweets..

https://mobile.twitter.com/renoomri/status/770676679203094528/photo/1

[size=18pt]
Ignorant post by Ibrahim. Ignorant response by Mr Facebook. You can already read Facebook in Yoruba.[/size]

1 Like

Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by sergiolefty(m): 6:49am On Aug 31, 2016
datola:
Yes but other languages are not really necessary because majority can read and write. Hausas are the least educated/literate tribe.

Just like somebody was asking why is there no Yoruba BBC or Igbo BBC.
They don start again....tribal warlords. M sure u re der major general....
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by LockDown69(m): 6:53am On Aug 31, 2016
Very true, the exact kind of mindset we need to forge ahead, Meanwhile, some name checkers on Nairaland... are not smiling. grin grin
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by Orikinla(m): 6:59am On Aug 31, 2016
Very patriotic comment well written in Nigerian English too. cheesy
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by LockDown69(m): 7:01am On Aug 31, 2016
Sheggy13:

Unlike the other mumu one that commented below him with the name "Fearless Biafra" who was asking if Hausa people use Facebook app, saying monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. Such persons think the best way to preach greatness of their tribe is by putting down other tribes by insulting words and trying to force their supposed superiority over others. His likes abound here.

I saw the bigots comment, I pity such people. It makes me wonder how they relate with the general public. I wish there was a app that can filter these sort of crappy comments on social media.
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by Orikinla(m): 7:02am On Aug 31, 2016
felifeli:

[size=18pt]
Ignorant post by Ibrahim. Ignorant response by Mr Facebook. You can already read Facebook in Yoruba.[/size]
. grin cheesy grin
But all the "mass users" of Facebook are ignorant of this fact.
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by eph12(m): 7:05am On Aug 31, 2016
Sheggy13:

We have their type from both sides of the country here on nairaland bro. We just laugh over it now but if the federal government don't act to erase this craziness things will get worse. It may not be now but when it finally explodes in our faces it won't be funny.
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by bender79: 7:32am On Aug 31, 2016
Pangea:
Kini big deal?

Because Zuckerberg replied the guy everyone is jumping on the bandwagon?

Me too I dey defend my fellow Nigerians online and offline daily but our politicians are not.

Anyway
That guy is not an APC member (95% and 5% progenitor)
Who says its about the reply he got? I read all the comments above you on a smooth drive until I got here and hit reverse mode
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by Sirbun: 7:39am On Aug 31, 2016
A call for change.. This tribal bigotry in nairaland are all ignorant and fools. Here is a house of commotion and insults,. It's only in nairaland that people's are suffering and forbid to say the truth.
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by computerboy: 8:05am On Aug 31, 2016
Abeg make we hear word. Yoruba and igbos fight on the Internet but collaborate in the real world to do business and move the nation forward. The hausas will form peaceful on the internet but won't hesitate to behead you in the real world. Who is deceiving who?
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by onyeogalu1(m): 8:14am On Aug 31, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
he is right...all we know here is throw tribal jibes and make noise....there are very few decent patriot people on NL......majority are partisan,sentimental and tribal warlords

There are many NLers that hardly comment, will you also classify them as partisan?
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by rufaikoko(m): 8:23am On Aug 31, 2016
datola:
Yes but other languages are not really necessary because majority can read and write. Hausas are the least educated/literate tribe.

Even the most educated of Hausas prefer to speak or write in their language. You people see Oyinbos as superhumans. Go and find out his ur native languages are fast going into extinction due to ur love for English. Hausa is the most widely spoken language in Africa and one in the whole world. Joker!

1 Like

Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by eyinjuege: 8:28am On Aug 31, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:

My guy, in as much as I don't indulge in tribal/ethnic sentiment, your mindset is very wrong. You mean anyone who only read and understand Hausa language is less literate than others
Hausa is one of the most difficult language to study just like other languages, what you hear daily is the broken one....

What she meant was that majority of non English speaking people in Nigeria are hausas. They have a larger proportion of non English speakers compared to other tribes in Nigeria. They also have a larger absolute size of non English speakers. Most people in Naija learn English properly in formal schools, and compared to other tribes, hausas have a lower percentage of those going to formal schools. It makes business sense for them to be a target market
It's not a shade on hausas, but it is what it is. A lot can still be done in formal education in the north.
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by babyfaceafrica: 8:29am On Aug 31, 2016
onyeogalu1:

There are many NLers that hardly comment, will you also classify them as partisan?
people who don't comment ,don't count!!!
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by onyeogalu1(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
people who don't comment ,don't count!!!

Alright bro
Re: #zuckerberg'svisit: This Is The Most Patriotic Post By A Nigerian In Recent Time by jbbalarabe(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
datola:

so because the Chinese speak mandarin it means that they are least educated or for the fact that There is BBC kiswahili , VOA kiswahili its also means that they are all least educated you see How ignorant you are? Or you think its only in Nigeria that hausa is been spoken? For your information Hausa is the second most populous language in Africa after kiswahili, all mark did was to reach out to fb users and for your information the hausa people are very proud of there language they are not shy to use it . And please can you Give me a criteria for the measurement of literacy?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu: What I Will Do When My Husband Wins In 2023 / Nigerians Are Expecting Too Much From Me. Im Nervous - Buhari / Buhari, Sylva Campaign Posters Cause Stir In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.