Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,527 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Is Marriage Not Boring? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Not Boring? (4137 Views)

Poll: Is marriage boring most of the tijme?

Yes, it's boring!: 30% (22 votes)
No, it's not boring!: 69% (51 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2007
marriage becomes boring when people marry only 4 money,beauty and some other things, but if u marry somebody you really love; you ll always find reason to keep loving that person
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by venusmaze: 10:27am On Jan 23, 2007
I have been married for nearly two years and its not been boring so far, i hope it stays this way. Anyway my husband and I are very outgoing people and we always go out if not together, with friends.

we started off as very good friends for many years, and we get on so well. We do disagree but he respects me and i respect him. We are also very very open with each other and he is a fantastic listener
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by cammax7(m): 5:28pm On Jan 23, 2007
Well, life could as well be boring if you have to live the same life till you die
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by vive: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2007
it isnt if you marry the right person which is so hard to get these days
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Orikinla(m): 12:00am On Jan 28, 2007
sweetthang:

Orikinla,
you said something about women wanting to be pampered and you living with a girlfriend that bored you. You seem to be forgetting that you are at least 50% of your relationship and that you have as much power as your woman to make the relationship interesting, fulfilling and rewarding. Success in any relationship is not all about finding the right mate; it’s about being the right mate.
If your relationship or marriage is boring, please check yourself, the problem may lie with you. I know marriage is not without it’s ups and downs, but we need to realize that marriage is not an entity with it’s own independent existence, WE make the marriage .If your marriage is boring, it’s either you are not with the right partner or better still, you are BORING as a person.
One more thing, if you want a loving wife and not a boring one, you have to learn how to pamper women.

I am very exciting and that is why I am often surrounded by pretty and sexy younger women and older ones from my teens to date.

It is going to take the grace of God to enable me to remain married to only one woman.
If I can marry ten wives, then I won't be bored.

Personally, I prefer to be a lover and love any woman who needs your love.

I have seen a young woman whose husband bores her and she is suffering in silence.
She is a banker and the husband takes no interest in her profession, except the fat pay.
She cannot even discuss the current issues in her profession. And she also loves novels and her husband does not read any. So, she enjoys my company. But, people warned me to keep away.

I don't pamper women.
I love them.

I am a polyglot and versatile.
I helped one girlfriend in her research on diplomatic immunity, another one on computer science, another one on Literature and also the one in medical school.
I can also sing, dance, act, etc.
And love making to me is entertainment.
So, I can never be bored.

If I marry someone as exciting as I am, then I won't be bored.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by doubletree(f): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2007
Orikinla,your requirements are quite straightforward,

I'm sure there is an intelligent woman with an interesting job,intellectual mind who is good in bed and also cooks and cleans and laughs at your jokes,somewhere out there.I know a few but all happily married and not bored!

although i must say some of those qualities became more apparent with time.so my brother, my advice is be patient and just keep looking, you will find her smiley

apologies for digressing but what is your oriki?
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Orikinla(m): 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2007
doubletree:

Orikinla,your requirements are quite straightforward,

I'm sure there is an intelligent woman with an interesting job,intellectual mind who is good in bed and also cooks and cleans and laughs at your jokes,somewhere out there.I know a few but all happily married and not bored!

although i must say some of those qualities became more apparent with time.so my brother, my advice is be patient and just keep looking, you will find her smiley

apologies for digressing but what is your oriki?

You have given me the most intelligent reply so far.

I like saying it all.

My Oriki was best recited by my late father who was a bona fide Ifa priest and if I write it here, I would be accused of narcissism.

My pen name Orikinla Osinachi sums up my oriki.

In actual reality, I live and work for the happiness and success of others.

Your happiness is my happiness.
Your success is my success.
My higher praise is from my God
For only God truly knows my destiny.
I am His existential mystery.

No one can hurt me
For no one knows me.
I am like water
I take the form and shape of whatever container you fetch me.

Whatever you sow in me you shall reap from me.
I am like the earth.
I can bear all things
For God bears me.

Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by doubletree(f): 12:43am On Jan 29, 2007
nice!

I like 'your happiness is my happiness'

when you find someone who truly wants your happiness and vice versa,you are on the way to a fulfilling relationship.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Seun(m): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2007
I find most Nigerian women to be too boring, unambitious, and unimaginative. Marriage to them will be boring.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by oyinboaja: 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Orikinla(m): 5:34am On Jan 30, 2007
Seun:

I find most Nigerian women to be too boring, unambitious, and unimaginative. Marriage to them will be boring.

Seun,
You are right.

That is why Nigeria is still a poor country with all our abundant natural resources.

Most of the Nigerian women prefer to have sex than discuss my next project.
In fact, most of them want to reap where they have not sowed. But in the midst of the debris, I have seen some precious stones. But yet, marigold is not gold.

I would rather be single than have a miserable marriage.

Most Nigerian couples mistake sex for romance.
Most Nigerian men marry for the sole purpose of procreation.
Breeding 140 million people and 85% of them are miserable poor folk.

The most popular TV programmes of Nigerian couples are the boring reality shows where people are selected to be locked up in a compund for over 90 days doing nothing more than day dreaming and at the end one person gets millions of naira and disappears.
But many of our geniuses are looking for funds to produce great things.

Gambling shows are all over our TV screens.
Get-rich-quick TV schemes and scams where TV viewers are told to vote by sending test messages at N30 to N50 per message and before you know it, millions of Nigerians have been made to part with millions of naira. And none of these contribute to our GDP or GNP.
Why?
Nigerian couples are bored and love distractions on TV or on the streets.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Maneater1(f): 11:50am On Jan 30, 2007
Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future,

but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tragedies of life,

a promise that "with me in your corner, you will never stand alone".
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Maneater1(f): 11:54am On Jan 30, 2007
Marriage is an expression of love and respect and trust and faith in the future,

but the union of husband and wife is also an alliance against the challenges and tragedies of life,

a promise that with me in your corner, you will never stand alone.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by noelaking(f): 2:17pm On Jan 30, 2007
why should marraige not be boring, imagne watching one channel, same volume, same setting, sometimes certainly the same conversations, for, oh my! FOREVER
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by BlackMamba(m): 5:18pm On Feb 03, 2007
As an artificial union of different human characters, marriage is bound to crack as soon as the these unrelated factors start competing against each other. People just hang on to this marriage contraption to gain societal acceptance, even as it bores their brains out.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Radiant(f): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2007
grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by doubletree(f): 9:12pm On Feb 03, 2007
it's as boring as you make it.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Free(f): 4:35am On Feb 05, 2007
yawns

next!!
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 05, 2007
grin grin grin grin

are you sleepy?
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Free(f): 4:40am On Feb 05, 2007

bored yes grin grin

next!
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Docfabe(m): 1:10pm On Feb 05, 2007
Oh dear.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Egenti(m): 2:27pm On Feb 05, 2007
Orikinla,

From ur address i can see why you worry so much about boredom; cause Bonny Island is one very small and boring place. My question to you is this: Are you married? If your answer is yes then find out from your spouse and do this with the intention to work at it. However, should your answer be NO then I must assure you that marriage can be a lot of fun as well as very challenging too. If you are so fortunate to have kids, then the sky is the limit to your having "fun" Remember, the just shall live by his faith.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by BlackMamba(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2007
Faith has always been a good suppressant until the bubble bursts.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by Radiant(f): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2007
grin grin grin
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by spoilt(f): 4:14am On Sep 05, 2007
I dont know about boring but i know marriage is hard work. real hard work! Some days i just wake up and cry and ask myself what ive gotten myself into.
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by BABEELOVE(f): 5:09am On Sep 05, 2007
Yeah, it can be boring.  Just spice it up some---------nothing illegal! wink
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by benlay(m): 6:13am On Sep 05, 2007
@ Babeelove,em, i would like to talk to you,please check me up.WAITING
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2007
benlay:

@ Babeelove,em, i would like to talk to you,please check me up.WAITING

No shame na----talk am here!!!!! tongue
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by benlay(m): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2007
nope,it's no shame but u & I only
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:18am On Sep 05, 2007
Sure! Where you wan go? tongue
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by benlay(m): 7:22am On Sep 05, 2007
go?just click my username and add me
Re: Is Marriage Not Boring? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2007
Sorry, I do not do private mails. Just say whatever you wanna say-----even if you recognize me for real life. My life no get secret!!!!! tongue-------The best I can do is Insomnia section darling!!!!!!!!!! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This How To Be A Nigerian Wife or a wife?-----Must watch video / What On Earth Can Make A Man To Beat His Pregnant Wife..?? / Igbo-akwa Ibom Marriage, How Do Igbos See It ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.