Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam (75435 Views)

Reason Why MMM Will Never Be Back / 10 Reasons Why Mmm Will Never Crash Facts! / Zimbabwean MMM Promoters Calls Out On Rumour Mongers, Say MMM Will Never Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Feli2015: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2016
If u tell a poor man the risk involved in being wealthy, he said instead of that let him remain poor. It is a proverb. There is risk in every business and you must take the risk and join the millionaires. MMM IS REAL. If u are honest and trustworthy, it is a community you must belong to. My advice to you is to participate with your spare money. Read the WARNiNG before you join. Don't mind those saying all sorts of things about MMM, they don't have understanding of how the system works. As I am posting I am on queue in a bank to pay in some cash to a beneficiary. TOGETHER WILL CHANGE THE WORLD.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tempest01(m): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2016
Jethrolite:
MMM is fail proof. I also did your risk analysis and was amazed by what I saw. I'll educate you based on the deep understanding of the system you already have. Permit me to blow your mind sir, there will be no day of reckoning because the activities that constitute that day in my own opinion are already happening. Common sense dictates it is better to keep the gold egg laying goose alive than to kill it. What I believe is already happening is the admin through its agents already have the privilege to Get Help whenever they want without having to Provide Help first. And as long as old and new members keep Providing Help, that sink hole will be filled up almost as soon as it is created.

It is also possible for your scenario to happen but I doubt it ever will. The people alone in my small town participating in this program definitely have more than N20m in the system, you be the judge of how much lagosians will have in the system and Easterners too.

We all know what happened to the stock market despite all the regulations and everything and how Nigerian bank CEOs turned depositors funds to their personal allowance.

Life is all about risk.

That then gives another perspective. The admins keep getting help without paying in when they have finally wrecked the system, and there is no one to fill the void they created, they shut down.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by TaiwoLapi: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2016
tempest01:
I saw the current MMM advertised by a friend sometime back and I quickly waved it off as a scam as with the HYIP and other ponzi schemes.

https://www.nairaland.com/3321916/sec-warns-nigerians-dangers-mmm

Given this topic that was on the front page today, I saw some comments by people and it was noted that ''There is no pool of money with the current MMM and therefore they can't run away''.

Given the nature of their business, with no investments and the fact that they have put in resources in place to allow for this trade to happen, it is pertinent that one day or another, they will close down, and they won't go through that stress without duping people of their money. Seeing the topic today, I had to register and checkout how the model works , and also brainstorm on the eventual way the MMM operators will dupe those that are in the system.

I am giving a scenario here and though it may not play out the same way, there should be no denying the fact that one day - which i wll term as ''the day of reckoning''. the MMM site will shut operations and will try to make as much as possible from your funds before that.

Now here is the scenario. As there is no pool as someone rightly said, I registered and saw the mode of operation. It is worthy of note that the same MMM site runs in several countries:-

Nigeria
South Africa
India
Colombia
Turkey

So from my postulation, the fold-up will happen in a month - The month of reckoning-- across all MMM sites on that month because anything short of that will send panic to other countries and they won't maximize.

The scenario i see playing out is that the handlers will have bank accounts or agents in all countries of operations and in the month of reckoning, as there is no pool of money, all the ''get help'' requests will be paused - Not paused perse, but no ''get help'' request will go through and will be pending as they won't publish it.

Now the ''Provide help'' will be allowed to work, but the account shown will be that of the handlers of the site (or their agents) and people will keep providing help, but it goes to the scam account. Now this will go on for a month as you have to wait for a month to use your Mavro. The first people that will notice the scam will be the ''Get help'' People as they will keep waiting, but no help will come. Then ''Provide help'' people will come to know after a while and they MMM people will release a statement saying the ''business model experiment failed and they are shutting down''

Be wise Nigerians....

Alternative views and constructive arguments are welcome

Ignorance. We have forums of participants on Whatsapp and BBM which comprises of people that had given help and those still waiting to give help, where people discuss challenges on a daily bases, if that should happen, I bet, 3 days is too much for people's attention to be drown to it.

This Platform is well organised, all you guys need to know is how it works.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tempest01(m): 9:36am On Sep 02, 2016
smiley
chuks34:
OP is full of sh!+ don't say what u don't know anything about. MMM has been changing peoples lives even if I doesn't work for some ppl to others it has changed their lives.
am speaking from experience.

I never said they don't pay...I just said they'll fold up one day. And if you are a send help or receive help client, you would have been scammed then.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Efewestern: 9:36am On Sep 02, 2016
Snow5:

My brother.... These guys are using diabolical powers if there is anything like that... Seriously...

I can't stop laughing!! Shuuuuuuuuuuu

Such is life.. I stop advising my frnd a long tym Ago before he tag me hater lolz ... Blacks and greed..

There is a saying that id the word of an elder doesn't happen today , it will surely happen tomorrow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by nwakibie3(m): 9:37am On Sep 02, 2016
flexydote:

That is why phone numbers are displayed for you to call before you make any payment.

Do u knw who u are calling? Have u meet him/her before?

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tolexy007(m): 9:39am On Sep 02, 2016
Fourwinds:
all what u wrote is rubbish...

this thing has been in Nigeria before and dies and it will continue to come back d moment dat memory of d past fizzle out...I have known dis thing as far as year 2000...it comes with different names...world war 1 is not different from world war 2.

y dont u answer my question, instead of attacking me?
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Guyman02: 9:39am On Sep 02, 2016
Even Wiki has indicated how the duped millions of people in Russia.
I got this from wiki site

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Ifedayour007(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2016
frinx:
It's like gambling. Two rules applies;

1. Quit while you're ahead
2. Never enter with what you can't afford to lose.

@Op nice.

Too much sense is worrying you. I swear you make sense die..

2 Likes

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tempest01(m): 9:42am On Sep 02, 2016
Feli2015:
If u tell a poor man the risk involved in being wealthy, he said instead of that let him remain poor. It is a proverb. There is risk in every business and you must take the risk and join the millionaires. MMM IS REAL. If u are honest and trustworthy, it is a community you must belong to. My advice to you is to participate with your spare money. Read the WARNiNG before you join. Don't mind those saying all sorts of things about MMM, they don't have understanding of how the system works. As I am posting I am on queue in a bank to pay in some cash to a beneficiary. TOGETHER WILL CHANGE THE WORLD.

I like the concept of MMM and the direct peer to peer transfers. The new members and the old keep putting money in the system. It works. It is similar to what the bank does.

But there is an end. The originator would want to make gains too...he is spending money on hosting, domain name, design, staff, security etc...where do you think it comes from?

What I am saying is for you to be wary and not let greed come to play. As nairalanders, we can start an equivalent venture where we come together and design a site that can do this. Then credibility comes to play. We know nobody somewhere is "getting help" without "paying in" thereby sucking life out of the venture bit by bit.

As it is, it is working but trust me a day will come when you'll wail if you are caught napping.

Right now we are putting our resources where we don't know.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Efewestern: 9:45am On Sep 02, 2016
ziego:

1. How do facebook make money?
U only log in comment, like, post
Are u paying him?
Have u thought of that?
MMM has a platform in over 118 countries
Of which at least 50k members visit their site daily then tell me how many dollars that will generate?

2. MMM is managed by its participants trained in each country.
I have been trained as guider
I have a team I manage so do other participants to ensure safe, adequate and consistent sincerity in the community.

We are helping ourselves contributively we are not doing business

If u want to help Urself join the community

I will guide u

@bolded gosh.. stop disgracing yourself online .. please.. this is a public forum. How can you say Fb make money by ur likes & share / Comment .. chai.. Na wa o.. I won't waste my precious time educating you.. your life, your biz.. bye

@ Snow5 u see wen i tell you this lot re gullible u think am joking.. seun please Educate him on how they generate funds from website cous me nor go feet waste my time talking to this 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Guyman02: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2016
tolexy007:
if MMM is a scam but is helping hand not a scam? early this yr of one my trusted friend came to me about MMM, he explain it to me said I could join with any amount, I did not even think twice, b4 I joined, I used the little change I made from my daily hustle to do it, it was like a magic, the thing pay, I try it again, it works and still working. but my question is y Calling MMM fraud? and Helping hand is not a fraud, even when both of dem are both risky? don't tell me 6600 naira is not too big to lost, I No Nairaland admin will ban me again,

No MOD will ban you for your greed, you are being warned that MMM will implode soon, but your greed and laziness and want of easy money will never allow you to see reason until it will be too late.
Its better for you to have a tangible product to sell under network marketing even if the product is fake than to be in a Ponzi scheme.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tolexy007(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2016
tempest01:
smiley

I never said they don't pay...I just said they'll fold up one day. And if you are a send help or receive help client, you would have been scammed then.

they will not fold up once we Nigerians dont bastardized the progg. MMM has come to stay
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Peterosky(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2016
tempest01:
I saw the current MMM advertised by a friend sometime back and I quickly waved it off as a scam as with the HYIP and other ponzi schemes.

Given this topic that was on the front page today, I saw some comments by people and it was noted that ''There is no pool of money with the current MMM and therefore they can't run away''.

Given the nature of their business, with no investments and the fact that they have put in resources in place to allow for this trade to happen, it is pertinent that one day or another, they will close down, and they won't go through that stress without duping people of their money. Seeing the topic today, I had to register and checkout how the model works , and also brainstorm on the eventual way the MMM operators will dupe those that are in the system.

I am giving a scenario here and though it may not play out the same way, there should be no denying the fact that one day - which i wll term as ''the day of reckoning''. the MMM site will shut operations and will try to make as much as possible from your funds before that.

Now here is the scenario. As there is no pool as someone rightly said, I registered and saw the mode of operation. It is worthy of note that the same MMM site runs in several countries:-

Nigeria
South Africa
India
Colombia
Turkey

So from my postulation, the fold-up will happen in a month - The month of reckoning-- across all MMM sites on that month because anything short of that will send panic to other countries and they won't maximize.

The scenario i see playing out is that the handlers will have bank accounts or agents in all countries of operations and in the month of reckoning, as there is no pool of money, all the ''get help'' requests will be paused - Not paused perse, but no ''get help'' request will go through and will be pending as they won't publish it.

Now the ''Provide help'' will be allowed to work, but the account shown will be that of the handlers of the site (or their agents) and people will keep providing help, but it goes to the scam account. Now this will go on for a month as you have to wait for a month to use your Mavro. The first people that will notice the scam will be the ''Get help'' People as they will keep waiting, but no help will come. Then ''Provide help'' people will come to know after a while and they MMM people will release a statement saying the ''business model experiment failed and they are shutting down''

Be wise Nigerians....

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Guyman02: 9:51am On Sep 02, 2016
eleojo23:
MMM will end when online and offline articles like this begin to circulate and spread panic around hence discouraging more people from joining the scheme.

These kind of schemes thrive on what I will call goodwill and once many people begin to speak against the program as is happening now, it is most likely heading for a crash.

A word is enough for the wise.

Go sidon for dorty, who told you its goodwill? People are about to be scammed and you call that goodwill. Lobbish!
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Peterosky(m): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2016
tempest01:

Nigeria
South Africa
India
Colombia
Turkey

Be wise Nigerians....

.In as much as i will want to appreciate your persimism about MMM,i will also want to crave your indulgence to the fact that life itself is a risk.The fear of risk taking is also the begining of poverty.God is in control.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tempest01(m): 9:52am On Sep 02, 2016
progress69:
MMM are already scamming people now. The mega scam/dooms day still dey front. Many of their parody accounts and agents get help and never provide help cheesy. Its simple logic, computer programming, isolate ur agents to always receive help, and not provide help, then cycle ur victims to the provide/get help platform. At one time of the other, a victim will pay the parody/agent's account. Its common sense! At some point,when they have the target num of potential victims, they strike finally and the website goes into extinct

Given me a rethink. With time, the tune taken for people to receive help will start taking longer because their agents have been receiving help without paying in...before you know, the whole thing will stall as a lot of people will be waiting to receive help, but the sender's are few. Then theyll put " the month of reckoning into play and gather all the remaining "send help" amounts into the agents accounts before closing down.

2 Likes

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tempest01(m): 9:55am On Sep 02, 2016
tolexy007:

they will not fold up once we Nigerians dont bastardized the progg. MMM has come to stay

It is better credible Nigerians amongst us come together, and design a site and run this program by themselves, which gives credibility.

It is only then i would not be as pessimistic as the inflow will keep coming for years. For now, there's a super agent somewhere that can kill the program.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Guyman02: 9:56am On Sep 02, 2016
flexydote:

That is why phone numbers are displayed for you to call before you make any payment.

This statement makes no sense, phone number that you cant trace the residence of the owner. Sim card is N100 and once it is removed from a phone or the phone is switched off,thats all!
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 02, 2016
jtjohn:
I think what this writer is trying to say there should be some iota of truth in it, but yesterday I got tempted after a friend of mine got his own 30 percent and registration bonus I was amazed.......The Question here is, how do they Get there money.

when your friend joined they used his money to pay someone. now they used someone else's money to pay your friend.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by skydeexie(m): 9:58am On Sep 02, 2016
dolarpo:
Scam or no scam, one thing is certain in life and that is risk. U either win or loose. Everyday isn't Christmas or birthday but these days do exist. Some people have taken the risk and have benefited from it. If u do nothing u gain nothing or u loose nothing. U can never gain by being scared or too careful, sometimes u take risks having on mind that u gain or lose. Even people who do legit businesses still lose so there's no harm in trying.

In less than 5 hours from now I'm going to get help (GH) from MMM to the tune of =N=800,000 after providing help (PH) for =N=600,000 in just 30days. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. "Make haste while the sun shines" Register in MMM now before its too late.
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by tolexy007(m): 9:59am On Sep 02, 2016
Guyman02:

No MOD will ban you for your greed, you are being warned that MMM will implode soon, but your greed and laziness and want of easy money will never allow you to see reason until it will be too late.
Its better for you to have a tangible product to sell under network marketing even if the product is fake than to be in a Ponzi scheme.

ok..thank you, but y is it that plpp dont call helping hands a scam?
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Dething: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2016
olatop:
I'm perplex cuz I'm @bt to reg....

Thank your God.

My younger brother did just last week with 100k. Now he is being consoled! we are hoping that he will get his pay before the stuff finally crashes. sad

But I warned him!
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2016
feldido:

Keep your so called truth to yourself,

With just 50k I invested in MMM, I have been able to expand my farm.
I have been able to have spare cash.
I have been able to Gather some forex to continue my Gold plating Business.

Now how is that SCAM?
what you have done with the proceeds is not of interest. There has to be loosers for there to be winners in a situation where there is no labour between i.e betting scheme. There will be loosers at a sooner time that's what the post is all about.

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Snow5(m): 10:04am On Sep 02, 2016
Efewestern:

@bolded gosh.. stop disgracing yourself online .. please.. this is a public forum. How can you say Fb make money by ur likes & share / Comment .. chai.. Na wa o.. I won't waste my precious time educating you.. your life, your biz.. bye

@ Snow5 u see wen i tell you this lot re gullible u think am joking.. seun please Educate him on how they generate funds from website cous me nor go feet waste my time talking to this 1

Baba... I Don tire for all these ones ooo...

Them never meet with trailer accident(fraudsters online) before... Nai make Thier sense never gree matured...

Their sense dey pain dem... Dem nor go gree listen..

Lols

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by dashintrends: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2016
am in ... no regrets!!
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Snow5(m): 10:07am On Sep 02, 2016
Efewestern:

Such is life.. I stop advising my frnd a long tym Ago before he tag me hater lolz ... Blacks and greed..

There is a saying that id the word of an elder doesn't happen today , it will surely happen tomorrow.

I tell you!!!

And what gets me angry is dat... They think you are d devil dat don't want dem to succeed in life..wen u tell dem not to join.. .

Lmao
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by Efewestern: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2016
Snow5:

Baba... I Don tire for all these ones ooo...

Them never meet with trailer accident(fraudsters online) before... Nai make Thier sense never gree matured...

Their sense dey pain dem... Dem nor go gree listen..

Lols

Maybe there guarantor told them that mmm makes millions on the website.. lolz.. wat a pity.

Bro abeg make we Leave this thread for them.. Am enjoying this... Barman abeg pass me 1 cold beer.. lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by ayili: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2016
kindly forward this link to all DL to watch and read the lyrics and be further enouraged. SERGEY Mavrodi speaking here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItxGNpNeEW0 guys u truly need to watch this
Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by cosade(m): 10:18am On Sep 02, 2016
olatop:
I'm perplex cuz I'm @bt to reg....

tolexy007:
if MMM is a scam but is helping hand not a scam? here is my story, last yr a friend of came to me about helping hand telling me to join the biz with 6600, I now ask him, so what will happen after paying the money? would I be selling things or what? cos I no of GNLD, Organo gold etc, he said am not selling anything only that I will b bringing more plpp to join that dey will b under me and the more plpp comes in the more dollar I get and soon dey will give me laptop, cars etc, I now ask so how do dey make the money to give me those items he mentioned, cos he told me that the dollar that will pay are used to help the less privileged plpp, I now ask him that means I will be robbing peter to Paul for dem? I said am not interested, few months later I saw my friend with brand new laptops, and show me his how much he has made, den he convince me gain to join, I have no choice, I borrowed 6600 I join helping hands, most plpp I try to convince to join me no even answer me most plpp even tell me say dem don join since say dem never see anything, I blamed my self for not join dem in time...... early this yr of one my trusted friend came to me about MMM, he explain it to me said I could join with any amount, I did not even think twice, b4 I joined, I used the little change I made from my daily hustle to do it, it was like a magic, the thing pay, I try it again, it works and still working. but my question is y Calling MMM fraud? and Helping hand is not a fraud, even when both of dem are risky? don't tell me 6600 naira is not too big to lose, I No Nairaland admin will ban me again,

eleojo23:
MMM will end when online and offline articles like this begin to circulate and spread panic around hence discouraging more people from joining the scheme.

These kind of schemes thrive on what I will call goodwill and once many people begin to speak against the program as is happening now, it is most likely heading for a crash.

A word is enough for the wise.

ngoben:
Hmmmmmm....everyfin na risk,breathing na risk,putting ur money in d bank to save na risk(d bank fit fold up anytym wif ur moni),importation na risk,,,ur gooods fit sink...soo leave mmm alone...if it closes...d pple in d connunity will no dat dey tried taking a risk n it failed...of course dey will rise again...dan nt taking d risk @all...tks

This is a scam, it is called the pyramid scheme. Only the few people that joined early may benefit and the multitudes that joined later will lose out.

Read more on pyramid scheme here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

1 Like

Re: How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam by An0nimus: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2016
Brightgem:
kikikikikkki! Who is hopeless, calm down jor! I no beg u for money na. ur allowance... cnt buy the fresh juice I take everyday. haahahaaaha so funny. why will u go and sink 500k inside, they said use ya spare money. money u wnt hav to come online an b vexing abt.

What if 500k is his spare money? abi person no fit get 500k spare? going by your comment you agree it can crash someday. Besides no money is too small to lose without you not feeling a pinch. Even, a billionaire won't be happy if his smallest company folds. When MMM crashes I hope you lose some money and not feel any pinch about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Herbert Wigwe's House (Mansion) In Ikoyi, Lagos (Video) / Make Money Using Spells / Stop Buying Cat Fish Foods. Cheaper Ways To Feed Ur Fish Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.