Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,176 members, 7,839,013 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG (23281 Views)

Amaechi Sues Femi Fani-Kayode And Lere Olayinka Over Ikoyi $43m Recovered Loot / FG Copying Lagos’ Template To Revive Economy –adeosun / Recovered Loot: Why FG Did Not Name Looters —presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by AngryNigerian(m): 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
....& Lai lies again!

5 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by loadedvibes: 5:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lai again

6 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by basingstoke: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
You see your life, lying bastard

5 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by winj: 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
Finally Buhari is owning up that he is useless to Nigerians!

It is clear he cannot function without Idiagbon!

6 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by manny4life(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
The more you look the less you see, so that means that the so-called recovered loot did not drain the economy like they made it believe. It's Buhari's incompetence that plunged us into this mess.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by seguno2: 5:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
Because una don thief am again.
Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by ceeethru(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
It also means that it wouldn't have been enough to run down the economy during GEJ regime. So how come you people still complain that the looted funds of the past administration brought the economic crisis we're experiencing? I have said it before, and I say it again that this government never and still doesn't have a plan for this country.

8 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by pippimp(m): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
You people need to come and look for me to lead you in Nigeria. It is mind boggling that you all are always late to see what is obvious and inevitable.

3 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Angelparadise: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
After all the noise and blames !

3 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

Yesterday at the office, my boss walked up to us -his employees- and gave an impassioned talk about President Buhari's style of governance. He said, while he thought Buhari's attempt at recovering stolen funds were not out of place in itself, he was giving way too much attention to it. According to him, the President's lack of priority in this regard had become counter-productive and had started to prove detrimental to other areas that are in dire need his attention.

To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

My boss likened the employer in the above parable to President Buhari. He says our President has practically closed shop -Nigeria- and has decided to channel all his energy into getting stolen funds, forgetting that there is a bigger picture -an economy- that needs urgent attention; forgetting that the country might be going into a recession; forgetting that people are losing their jobs, forgetting that foreign investors are leaving, and more are 'plotting' to close shop and leave Nigeria; forgetting that an economy is not run by stolen funds which are recovered, but that if anything, they are to be regarded as "extras".

The above is how my boss sees things right now, and I agree with him.

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be given to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by FoodVendors: 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
đêm đêm. aCN + pDP + cPC = APC

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Ofemmanu1: 5:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lieing basterrd.
Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by damon222: 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
mrvitalis:
Ok
I don't know how to explain to Nigerian youths again.. . Theses government so far has being truthful and In most cases are quoted out of context by the Nigerian media just to sale and get traffic..

Over 9 billion dollars have been recovered.. but the one we can access is 78bn and 3 Million dollars.. The rest still have cases in court.. .. . What is deficult about this statement to understand??

Buhari keep doing ur best... If there is a God.. Then only him will judge u.. but if there is non.. History will remember your works
Coconut and empty Nigerian let out of cage. To you every direction especially from Buhari is ok. You are indeed a yes man.

3 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by hotspec(m): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
LOLROTF

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by truthspeaks: 6:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
Yea. Coming the Lyin master himself. The unbelievable Lie Mohammed
sarrki:
Gospel truth

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
Gaborone:

Between 1960 - 1999, about $400Billion has been stolen from Nigeria. I don't know about 2000 - 2015, but I know its going to be a small fraction of that. Now, lets be realistic: supposing our President is able to recover a part of this at the end of the day (let's say $50Billion), how far will that take Nigeria, if by then, all investors have gone, and the economy has finally crumbled. How many years' budget will that take care of, since we now place the budget and drive the economy through recovered funds?

And I don't want to even talk about revenue drives, or presentations, or meetings, or committees, what I want to talk about is RESULTS. We've seen too much cheese dangling in the past, so much so that we are not moved till these 'drives' that churning out results.

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Waspy(m): 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
At all at all na hin bad pass......Inject the money into the economy first

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by truthspeaks: 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hahahaha. See mumu de struggle wit peanuts he z bn paid preaching to us. Am sure dats d amount they ll use to fund our budget of 6trillion naira. Wait, so dat means that the 3trillion naira in d TSA neva existed. Pls if u r deceiving, do it wit wisdom. The more u deceive, d more it needs additional deceits to cover it up. Mumu zombie. Go n eat wit d peanuts u v bn paid
mrvitalis:
Ok
I don't know how to explain to Nigerian youths again.. . Theses government so far has being truthful and In most cases are quoted out of context by the Nigerian media just to sale and get traffic..

Over 9 billion dollars have been recovered.. but the one we can access is 78bn and 3 Million dollars.. The rest still have cases in court.. .. . What is deficult about this statement to understand??

Buhari keep doing ur best... If there is a God.. Then only him will judge u.. but if there is non.. History will remember your works

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by mrvitalis(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
truthspeaks:
Hahahaha. See mumu de struggle wit peanuts he z bn paid preaching to us. Am sure dats d amount they ll use to fund our budget of 6trillion naira. Wait, so dat means that the 3trillion naira in d TSA neva existed. Pls if u r deceiving, do it wit wisdom. The more u deceive, d more it needs additional deceits to cover it up. Mumu zombie. Go n eat wit d peanuts u v bn paid
Ooh my God have ever read how the TSA work??
Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Johnsown1(m): 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mr liar please is the money that was looted that u r government will use to pay salaries and settle some other debts, what of ur so-called budget. Confused government since 13BC

3 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by mrvitalis(m): 6:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
damon222:
Coconut and empty Nigerian let out of cage. To you every direction especially from Buhari is ok. You are indeed a yes man.
No at all.. if he makes a mistake I always say so.. But the truth our economic state is like a man who has food poisoning... The pain can't go away u only kill the unhased egg so that once this pain is down it won't happen again
Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by truthspeaks: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
grin grin tot u were talkin as if only the 78billion naira n $3million alone will be used to revive d economy meanwhile d amount in d TSA is for wat, buhari's travels right? Bro, stop defending failure. Buhari is a failure even aftr bn given a 2nd chance @ governance.
mrvitalis:

Ooh my God have ever read how the TSA work??

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Izonpikin: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
uboma:
Was the recovered loot part of the plan to revive the economy in the first place?
What happened to the 2016 budget for Nigeria?
The recovered loot was supposed to have been a surplus to the 2016 budget.
What a clueless government we have!
this administration is so useless..i can't believe my eyes that the apc admins blue print was solely base on recovered loots and not revenue generation...cretins ruling this country...cheiii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by mrvitalis(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
truthspeaks:
grin grin tot u were talkin as if only the 78billion naira n $3million alone will be used to revive d economy meanwhile d amount in d TSA is for wat, buhari's travels right? Bro, stop defending failure. Buhari is a failure even aftr bn given a 2nd chance @ governance.
Please that was not what neither me nor lai was saying

We only have 78bn and 3 Million dollars from recovered found so it can be used to turn the economy around. .. That's it hope u understand? ?

Then I went futhere to explain why there is no quick fix to our problem and why it will take years to get out of this...

If only u listened in those economics classes
Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Larryfest(m): 6:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
Haba oga Lai weytin na You mean to tell us all those heavy billions of dollars we heard you recoverd can't do even if it's just one visible achievement? Na wa oo,so let's just assume no fund was actually recovered This is serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Izonpikin: 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
This revelation means that much money wasn't embezzled by the past admin...the apc might just be taking all of us for a foolish ride... cheesy cheesy

Infact I have forgotten how much was supposedly stolen by the past admin..abeg make ona remind me again... grin

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by truthspeaks: 6:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
No savings? Yet buhari was travelling up n down. Wit whose money? His own? Abi wch kain mumu zombie be dis. Jst wish ur paymasters realise u r not doing ur job well enuf. The 1million dollars payment for d ogoni clean up was frm whr, buhari's account? Same buhari dat borrowed to buy election form. Oh sory I 4got, dat was a lie.
mrvitalis:

What can a man do when he is broke, indebted and has no saving??

Cos that's the position Nigeria is in now.. . Hope u understand

1 Like

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by Masculity(m): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
rapistomenka:
Thank God none of my family members voted for this incompetent animal from Daura.

Otherwise I would have been engulfed by pang of guilty conscience

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by ikp120(m): 6:16pm On Sep 02, 2016
It is only a dumb fellow that uses recovered loot to run an economy. The loot CANNOT be enough to pay 1 full year's salary [going by 165Billion Naira per month salary]. Boys are like "money must be made" while an old man is like "money must be recovered". Age is indeed a number. Was that what they were thinking all this while? What a joke!

2 Likes

Re: Recovered Loot Inadequate To Revive Economy- FG by truthspeaks: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
grin grin let me agree I listened but I did pass excellently n thr z a certificate to show for it. Wch 1 ur buhari get? D same certificate dat he z using 13 SANs to defend grin cheesy. How am I even sure u sef pass econs class. Pls read ur comments again n get back to me wit a modified response.
mrvitalis:

Please that was not what neither me nor lai was saying

We only have 78bn and 3 Million dollars from recovered found so it can be used to turn the economy around. .. That's it hope u understand? ?

Then I went futhere to explain why there is no quick fix to our problem and why it will take years to get out of this...

If only u listened in those economics classes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Was Told To Raise Alarm That EFCC Invaded CJN's House - Odumakin / Peter Obi; The Force Behind Atiku’s Grassroot Campaign / APC: Tinubu Got The Message By Oke Umurhohwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.