Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law (11619 Views)

If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2016
ValentineMary:

Earlier u said ur knowledge of physics is limited then how did u come to the bolded conclusion was it because of ur ignorance? if God is put where we still don't know, then God would be an ever receding pocket of scientific discoveries.

If the laws of Physics are valid before the Bang, it is obvious that their must be some unaccounted force . The unaccounted force seems not part of the sum point of energy before the B-Bang.

I just reiterated that theists will call this unaccounted force from God.
What would the atheist attribute this unaccounted force to is my question!
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by butterfly88(m): 11:53am On Sep 04, 2016
Also @op I want to use your 1st law of motion against you...if nothing can come into existence by is self,how did God come into existence?..just curious?? grin
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2016
butterfly88:
1st scientifically speaking or from the physics point of view there was no time before the big bang..time started from the big bang...and because of the plank's wall physicist don't know what is or what was before the big bang,and as you know physics goes hand in hand with prove,the physicist cannot adopt the notion of I don't know there for it is God....2nd is you are correct the first law was violated by the big bang there could be a force that sets the ball rolling but physicist havent discovered that force and for the note a lot of laws in classical physics have been displaced and disproved when we dabble into quantum physics...for instance it is now known that gravity isn't just a force of attraction and many more...well I too don't know much about physic

And mind you I'm no athiest just try to be objective

I appreciate your objectivity.
Time is always measured from a point of view of a reference. The choice of reference however is for our convenience as change in time is more useful to physicists than absolute time.

So, there may not really exist an absolute time zero! By implication, time t=0 can not be at the point of the B-Bang but can be extended well before that. I just want to imagine the physics laws before the Bang.

On the second issue, you are correct. Physicists have NOT been able to account for the violations. As a Theist, I assert that the Atheist claim of being sure that other non classical or quantum do not exist may not be correct.

Theists will call the unaccounted force as Spiritual.
Atheists are still looking for answers relating to classical or quantum physics.

I appreciate your objective look
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 11:58am On Sep 04, 2016
butterfly88:
the pascal's sucker bet,also attributed to rene descartes and the Muslim Ali is a brilliant question to ask but it isn't scientific is it?

You just spoke some Greek. Can you pls rephrase?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by butterfly88(m): 12:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

I appreciate your objectivity.
Time is always measured from a point of view of a reference. The choice of reference however is for our convenience as change in time is more useful to physicists than absolute time.

So, there may not really exist an absolute time zero! By implication, time t=0 can not be at the point of the B-Bang but can be extended well before that. I just want to imagine the physics laws before the Bang.

On the second issue, you are correct. Physicists have NOT been able to account for the violations. As a Theist, I assert that the Atheist claim of being sure that other non classical or quantum do not exist may not be correct.

Theists will call the unaccounted force as Spiritual.
Atheists are still looking for answers relating to classical or quantum physics.

I appreciate your objective look
thanks bro..well which ever time you want to chose...but the laws of physics before the big bang?...is there any thing like that? Not yet I guess...for as far as I know the laws of physics breaks down at the singularity

Mind throwing more light??
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

oboi! Go and learn quantum physics...classical physics is a baby!
Quantum physics violates classical physics like abc

At the point of the B-Bang, classical laws of physics was in operation. Not every thing is quantum defined.

Even then, there is no quantum physics that explains event prior to the big bang.

Finally, Both Classical and Quantum Physics are valid within their frame of reference irrespective of time.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by butterfly88(m): 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

You just spoke some Greek. Can you pls rephrase?
simply put...your bet doesn't hold we it comes to science.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
SirWere:

You are also hedging a bet.

The probability of your religion being right is also about 0.0002%.

Hence; if you are wrong about Allah; odin; Brahman; Vishnu; you're also going to hell.

Sorry, your estimation of probability is way off. By my estimation (looking at things strictly from mathematical scientific point of view) only two God/gods prescribe a place of punishment like hell for ones deeds here on earth Jehovah and Allah. So, by estimation, it is like 50%...LOL grin grin

What about you? In this Russian Roulette, your chance is 0.0%

Scary!
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

are u so addicted on something?
He said he doesnt know...must he adhere to scripture or science?
Baba think ni

Is this not supposed to be an intelligent intellectual discussion? In such, we all need authorities to refer to.

Science and Logics are fair authorities relating both Theistsband Atheists together.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 12:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
butterfly88:
Also @op I want to use your 1st law of motion against you...if nothing can come into existence by is self,how did God come into existence?..just curious?? grin

Hello!!
It is a question that will baffle both Theists and Atheists for eternity! How did consciousness appeared from nowhere.

All we know is that the laws of the spirit are different from that which operates here in the physical rhelm.

LOL grin grin.
When we die, we might have a chance to ask God...who is your mummyLOL
grin[i][/i] grin
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by butterfly88(m): 12:20pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Hello!!
It is a question that will baffle both Theists and Atheists for eternity! How did consciousness appeared from nowhere.

All we know is that the laws of the spirit are different from that which operates here in the physical rhelm.

LOL grin grin.
When we die, we might have a chance to ask God...who is your mummyLOL
grin[i][/i] grin
lol undecided...you see why science just can't do the trick when it comes to the topic of God? grin grin
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Sorry, your estimation of probability is way off. By my estimation (looking at things strictly from mathematical scientific point of view) only two God/gods prescribe a place of punishment like hell for ones deeds here on earth Jehovah and Allah. So, by estimation, it is like 50%...LOL grin grin

What about you? In this Russian Roulette, your chance is 0.0%

Scary!
So does the Greek myths

The eyptians

The Norse.

Shintoists.

Even buddhism has a version of hell.

Besides; You're STILL hedging a bet.

And a quick question: So even if one lives a good life; he would STILL go to hell?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by CoolUsername: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

This is wrong Physics bro!
There is energy-mass duality...no vacuum energy
Wut.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by CoolUsername: 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I m asking U Na ain't U the one that said vacuum is noting? Forgeting that only applies to Matter so bro what is Energy?

It's just a transferable property, not anything tangible.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
butterfly88:
lol undecided...you see why science just can't do the trick when it comes to the topic of God? grin grin

...And that is why Atheists cannot use science as a prove and evidence that there is no God.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 1:43pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

At the point of the B-Bang, classical laws of physics was in operation.
i agree wholeheartedly

Not every thing is quantum defined.
sure

Even then, there is no quantum physics that explains event prior to the big bang.
hypothetically this universe may not be all there is...

Finally, Both Classical and Quantum Physics are valid within their frame of reference irrespective of time.
yes..the time of our universe may not be origin of Time itself...
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 1:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Is this not supposed to be an intelligent intellectual discussion? In such, we all need authorities to refer to.
yes..but i mean..he may decide to refer to no one...it doesnt make him more or less of an agnostic..

Science and Logics are fair authorities relating both Theistsand Atheists together.
na!!..when it comes to religion...theists abandon their scientifically inclined brains and start thinking with their hearts...
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by butterfly88(m): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

...And that is why Atheists cannot use science as a prove and evidence that there is no God.
exactly my point bruh wink

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
butterfly88:
thanks bro..well which ever time you want to chose...but the laws of physics before the big bang?...is there any thing like that? Not yet I guess...for as far as I know the laws of physics breaks down at the singularity

Mind throwing more light??

That's exactly my point. The laws of Physics seems not to have existed from eternity past. The laws of Physics seems to begin at a point we can for want of better words time t=0.

If the laws of physics have an origin, it suggests that some non physical forces initiated them. As a Theist,bI attribute it to God
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by butterfly88(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

That's exactly my point. The laws of Physics seems not to have existed from eternity past. The laws of Physics seems to begin at a point we can for want of better words time t=0.

If the laws of physics have an origin, it suggests that some non physical forces initiated them. As a Theist,bI attribute it to God
Okey bruh..you can be correct it is better to say the our universe with all it grandeur is the handiwork of knowledge and consciousness...one can't expect a child to draw the monalisa by randomly moving his pen on the paper
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

i agree wholeheartedly

sure

hypothetically this universe may not be all there is...

yes..the time of our universe may not be origin of Time itself...

The implication is baffling. Its like we don't really know anything yet about the cosmos and by extension the origin of life.

I am humbled by what yet remains to be learnt in Science!
The best if us (Theist and Atheist) scientists know nothing in comparison of what is knowable!
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 2:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

yes..but i mean..he may decide to refer to no one...it doesnt make him more or less of an agnostic..

na!!..when it comes to religion...theists abandon their scientifically inclined brains and start thinking with their hearts...

I didn't intend to crucify him in any way. No offence intended.

But your second point:
Can you help that as a Theist? The rules of the spirit and that of science are different. Even though the rules are different, it doesn't invalidate their validity in their frame of reference.

Its like an aguement between Classical and Quantum physics. The solution is to acknowledge that the two positions are valid within their frame of reference.

I have been fairly scientific haven't I?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
butterfly88:
Okey bruh..you can be correct it is better to say the our universe with all it grandeur is the handiwork of knowledge and consciousness...one can't expect a child to draw the monalisa by randomly moving his pen on the paper

Perfectly said!
Unfortunately, it may be scientifically impossible to verify the existence of the Spirit rhelm using the known scientific laws.

Some things are just well beyond comprehension in the discussion of the ORIGIN of things.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by Weah96: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:
Newton's first law of motion - sometimes referred to as the law of inertia states that:

This brings the question: At time t=0 (before the big bang), was space constituent static? Expanding universe actually show that at a time, the universe must essentially be a "point object".

If that is true, how come an "expansion of the universe" was initiated without an "external " cause?

Sorry, my understanding of Basic Physics is limited.

It takes a greater Faith being an Atheist!

Is it possible for natural events to contradict the dear leader Newton? Before rushing to conclusions, you must first evaluate even the most ridiculous possibilities.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
Weah96:

Is it possible for natural events to contradict the dear leader Newton? Before rushing to conclusions, you must first evaluate even the most ridiculous possibilities.

I perfectly agree with you.....And one of those "ridiculous" possibilities is God the creator!

Long time my Friend!

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
SirWere:

So does the Greek myths

The eyptians

The Norse.

Shintoists.

Even buddhism has a version of hell.

Besides; You're STILL hedging a bet.

And a quick question: So even if one lives a good life; he would STILL go to hell?

Don't forget that the other gods do not require exclusive obeisance and they do not demand that they be followed.

Your question?
What is good enough as a good life? It is relative among men but being good is absolute before God.

Non of us is good. Being good requires being perfect in ones relationship to God, Our Neighbours, Our Duties , Strangers and our Faith in God.

No one is good enough! We depend upon His grace

1 Like

Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by raphieMontella: 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

I didn't intend to crucify him in any way. No offence intended.

But your second point:
Can you help that as a Theist? The rules of the spirit and that of science are different. Even though the rules are different, it doesn't invalidate their validity in their frame of reference.

Its like an aguement between Classical and Quantum physics. The solution is to acknowledge that the two positions are valid within their frame of reference.

I have been fairly scientific haven't I?
you have been scientific...to a good extent..
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by styca(m): 5:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:

Sorry Bro if it looks like that. I am listening to you, I guess we look at the same things through different portals.

I just want to show that if the Science we believe in so much has GAPS and uncertainties, should we gamble with our eternity based on it?
If I die today and discover that there is no God and no Eternity, what would i have lost?
On the other hand, if You die in your good old ripe Age and discover that God exists, hell exists and life still exists, what would you gain?

Jesus Saves

Well it then means that you're taking the safe route and believing in your God out of fear and not because you are sure.

And in your thinking, what if your God is actually not the right God, What happens when you die?

You see, you would have still lost.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by styca(m): 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
shadeyinka:
Newton's first law of motion - sometimes referred to as the law of inertia states that:

This brings the question: At time t=0 (before the big bang), was space constituent static? Expanding universe actually show that at a time, the universe must essentially be a "point object".

If that is true, how come an "expansion of the universe" was initiated without an "external " cause?

Sorry, my understanding of Basic Physics is limited.

It takes a greater Faith being an Atheist!

Your premise and conclusions are very way out of line.
Here let me point out the fallacies in your argument first:

1.At t= 0, X= 0. This is so because BEFORE the big bang space and time does not exist.
2. If X= 0. Then, there's no "space constituents" to talk about in the first instance.

'Expanding universe actually show that at a time, the universe must essentially be a "point object".'- I agree with this postulation. Using Regressive processes can speculate on "point object".

However, you goofed again when you made this statement: '...how come an "expansion of the universe" was initiated without an "external " cause?'

The universe (Space and time) came to be AFTER the big bang. The expanding universe we observe today, is due to the exploding
(outward propulsion) of the "point object".

I hope you see what I'm seeing. If you want to explain your God's existence, explain him without trying to use a quasi-physics theory and what not.

A more plausible question should have been, what triggered the big bang?
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
raphieMontella:

you have been scientific...to a good extent..

Thanks for the complement. I hope that I been fairly objective too.
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
styca:

Well it then means that you're taking the safe route and believing in your God out of fear and not because you are sure.

And in your thinking, what if your God is actually not the right God, What happens when you die?

You see, you would have still lost.

I gave you a pure scientific view point. Religion and the spirit rhelms are not scientific. So, its never a question of statistics. Its a knowing difficult to describe.

I am too sure of my destination
Re: Atheism Contradicts Newtons First Law by shadeyinka(m): 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
styca:

Your premise and conclusions are very way out of line.
Here let me point out the fallacies in your argument first:

1.At t= 0, X= 0. This is so because BEFORE the big bang space and time does not exist.
2. If X= 0. Then, there's no "space constituents" to talk about in the first instance.

'Expanding universe actually show that at a time, the universe must essentially be a "point object".'- I agree with this postulation. Using Regressive processes can speculate on "point object".

However, you goofed again when you made this statement: '...how come an "expansion of the universe" was initiated without an "external " cause?'

The universe (Space and time) came to be AFTER the big bang. The expanding universe we observe today, is due to the exploding
(outward propulsion) of the "point object".

I hope you see what I'm seeing. If you want to explain your God's existence, explain him without trying to use a quasi-physics theory and what not.

A more plausible question should have been, what triggered the big bang?

Hm!
The key to the question postulated is time!
There is really nothing like an absolute time t=0 like in temperature where we can have T=0K. This means that time can be extended even beyond the big bang. It is actually more convenient to speak in terms of time difference rather than absolute time in physics.

Time should exist before the Big Bang.

You also say the just before the big bang, space do not exist.
This is difficult to comprehend because space means emptiness. ..If there was no space, where then is the universe expanding to.

Space had always been infinite in size.

With reference to Newtons second law, just before the B- Bang, the singularity must essentially be in equilibrium. Whatever initiated the big bang must essentially be outside the said singularity.

Note that expanding universe is measured relative to movement of objects, the assumption in physics had always been an infinite space.

Why do I use Physics, Logics and Philosophy to discuss Theism?
There exist no other platform that makes sense to the Atheist apart from these. I show them that the basic physical laws break down at some point in time. I show that there seems to be other laws different from the known laws.

Atheists want to believe that the physical laws are absolute... I show the opposite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

New USSD For Offering And Tithe In Winners Chapel. See How Much I Paid. / Prayer For All First Borns!!!(mfm) / My Pentecostal Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.