Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6224728 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
shizzy7:
Me I don't know "sport", I grew up knowing football, basketball, tennis......those are what I call GAME......

All those cricket, volleyball, rugby, long/high jump, relay are totally alien to me.

They are better in sport because they use to walk from Mombasa to Nairobi on foot. That is why they keep winning only 30km races.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
And this
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/11/privileged-nigerians-downplay-poverty-western-media
uring a recent trip spent travelling across Nigeria, a banker friend of mine advised me to “keep things positive” if I ever shared my observations in “western media”. I pointed out Nigeria is currently in dire economic straits; many civil servants haven’t received a salary this year, pensions are going unpaid, people are struggling to feed their families and children are actually starving to death in the country’s north-east. “Writing about it won’t help those people. And you know negative western media stories on Africa only make these white folk and others look down on us,” my friend replied. Over the years, I’ve heard similar sentiments expressed by numerous middle- and upper-class Nigerians.

In 2014 the World Bank reported that Nigeria had the third highest number of poor people in the world. The then president Goodluck Jonathan bristled at the suggestion, saying: “If you talk about ownership of private jets, Nigeria will be among the first 10 countries, yet they are saying that Nigeria is among the five poorest countries.” Furthermore he pointed out Aliko Dangote, a Nigerian businessman, “was recently classified among the 25 richest people in the world”. Wasn’t this proof Nigerian poverty is grossly exaggerated?
Jonathan’s ludicrous response aptly illustrates the prevalent attitude within the privileged classes. It is a combination of [i]denial bordering on the delusional coupled with a post-colonial hangover – emotional responses which attempt to shout down unpleasant statistics [/i]and imply that whenever the western world talks of African poverty, the aim is to paint the continent in a bad light.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 10:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
shizzy7:
LOL!!!!! Kikikikikikikikikiki...
Hahahahaha... grin grin grin.... Don't kill me with laughter abeggiiiiii.....@that last statement. With all these beef and kpomo everywhere....

I won't even know how to reply such a post. Even our President rears cows....

you see why I told you these people have "weird imaginations" and some are completely ignorant ". I don't even bother replying some of their posts again because most of them are just funny...

Sometimes, I wonder if Kenyans have brain. Another was telling me Nigerians don't drink milk.

Don't worry I will share the post so that you will see how Kenyans think like fishes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
LightYagami:
And this
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/11/privileged-nigerians-downplay-poverty-western-media
uring a recent trip spent travelling across Nigeria, a banker friend of mine advised me to “keep things positive” if I ever shared my observations in “western media”. I pointed out Nigeria is currently in dire economic straits; many civil servants haven’t received a salary this year, pensions are going unpaid, people are struggling to feed their families and children are actually starving to death in the country’s north-east. “Writing about it won’t help those people. And you know negative western media stories on Africa only make these white folk and others look down on us,” my friend replied. Over the years, I’ve heard similar sentiments expressed by numerous middle- and upper-class Nigerians.

In 2014 the World Bank reported that Nigeria had the third highest number of poor people in the world. The then president Goodluck Jonathan bristled at the suggestion, saying: “If you talk about ownership of private jets, Nigeria will be among the first 10 countries, yet they are saying that Nigeria is among the five poorest countries.” Furthermore he pointed out Aliko Dangote, a Nigerian businessman, “was recently classified among the 25 richest people in the world”. Wasn’t this proof Nigerian poverty is grossly exaggerated?
Jonathan’s ludicrous response aptly illustrates the prevalent attitude within the privileged classes. It is a combination of [i]denial bordering on the delusional coupled with a post-colonial hangover – emotional responses which attempt to shout down unpleasant statistics [/i]and imply that whenever the western world talks of African poverty, the aim is to paint the continent in a bad light.

Atleast, we can still boast of world class citizens what of Kenyans. They own supermarkets and tea shops.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by highheybee: 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
LightYagami:

More Americans know what Kenya is I guess,Obama things.
And so do more Brits, I mean, the Queen learned about her ascent to the throne when she was here. Prince William proposed to Kate while in Kenya. Prince william had this ex gf who was Kenyan too, her name is Jecca Craig.
So gain, how many percentage of Nigerians
And I am happy to see one Nigerian knows about the darknet too

Abeg...who gives an F about such... that's why Nigerians will never stop looking at kenyans with disdainful feeling... whenever I surf this and my bro saw me ,he will just laugh like Kenya nor would anyone give you any recognition...
But still as I kept saying,this thread is for the fun of it

Kenyans are outta words..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by highheybee: 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
LightYagami:

http://sahelstandard.com/index.php/2016/07/20/eko-atlantic-completes-nigerias-first-8-lane-city-road/
The road network dubbed ‘Eko Boulevard’, is an 8 lane Boulevard, 1500M long, similar to the 5th Avenue in New York, adding to part of the extensive network of roads clearly defined with an area in excess of 200,000 sq. metres to guarantee free flowing traffic.
Okay Thika road is 8 lanes main and 4 outer lanes to connect to other places. Thats 12 lanes in total It is 50km long. I see your is 1.5km long

Pls think guys....the eko boulevard is in eko Atlantic city...which is a small city...Na only eko boulevard you see...biko
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
shizzy7:
Me I don't know "sport", I grew up knowing football, basketball, tennis......those are what I call GAME......

All those cricket, volleyball, rugby, long/high jump, relay are totally alien to me.
Rugby is a big thing btw. Has huge fanbase. Cricket too. Just because they are not popular in Nigeria doesnt mean they are not popular
Volleyball and others though not so popular
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by shizzy7(f): 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
iblawi:

Sometimes, I wonder if Kenyans have brain. Another was telling me Nigerians don't drink milk.

Don't worry I will share the post so that you will see how Kenyans think like fishes.
Maybe the person is a teen, probably below 16.

Those sort of posts, you give them appropriate reply.
E.g
Yes my dear, Nigerians don't even know what milk tastes like,
Did you Know Nigeria is not even a COUNTRY in Africa,
Its a COUNTY in Kenya.

even nairobi means
NAIRA - Nigeria's currency
OBI - An Igbo name.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by shizzy7(f): 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
LightYagami:

Rugby is a big thing btw. Has huge fanbase. Cricket too. Just because they are not popular in Nigeria doesnt mean they are not popular
Volleyball and others though not so popular
Okay, I'm only saying, we don't know them here.

We only have a national team for those sports, so they can represent us at competitions, we aren't even expecting them to win, in fact most of the players of those sports are based outside Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 10:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
shizzy7:
Maybe the person is a teen, probably below 16.

Those sort of posts, you give them appropriate reply.
E.g
Yes my dear, Nigerians don't even know what milk tastes like,
Did you Know Nigeria is not even a COUNTRY in Africa,
Its a COUNTY in Kenya.

even nairobi means
NAIRA - Nigeria's currency
OBI - An Igbo name.

Nice 1.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
How did I miss that AIDS thing. People still get to live more here on average tho angry @Ibawi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 03, 2016
https://www.internations.org/expat-insider/2016/africa
Africa’s Expat Destinations: Friendly, but Not Always Safe
some 67 countries around the world were surveyed

Furthermore, while expats in Kenya are only slightly less happy than the global average when it comes to available leisure activities in general (66% vs. 72%), the other countries differ widely. In fact, in Nigeria only 2% of expats are very satisfied with local leisure options, compared to 54% in South Africa!

Satisfaction with healthcare is also very different among expats in these African destinations: in Nigeria not a single respondent is very satisfied with the quality of healthcare, and in Kenya only 6% express complete satisfaction. The only country performing better than the worldwide average (23%) is South Africa,

Fewer expats in these destinations are satisfied with the affordability of healthcare than the global average of 55%, with only 9% being overall satisfied in Nigeria, and 40% saying the same about Kenya. South Africa does best in this subcategory, too (50%), but it does not quite reach the global average of 55%.

In the Ease of Settling In Index, the three destinations do noticeably better: ranking 19th, Kenya features in the global top 20 while South Africa and Nigeria are placed 28th and 39th out of 67, respectively.

However, this doesn’t translate into a language barrier for expats in daily life, as English is among the official languages and widely spoken in these countries. It is not that surprising then that Kenya ranks 1st out of 67 in the Language subcategory: in fact, only one in nine expats in Kenya says it is not easy to live in the country without speaking the local language(s), compared to 40% worldwide. South Africa and Nigeria also perform well here, with 21% and 14% of respondents sharing this opinion.

Only South Africa and Kenya are featured in the Family Life Index, since the number of respondents with families in Nigeria was too small to be statistically significant. South Africa performs well in this index, ranking 15th, while Kenya comes 35th out of 45 destinations for expats with families.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
LightYagami:
https://www.internations.org/expat-insider/2016/africa
Africa’s Expat Destinations: Friendly, but Not Always Safe
some 67 countries around the world were surveyed

Furthermore, while expats in Kenya are only slightly less happy than the global average when it comes to available leisure activities in general (66% vs. 72%), the other countries differ widely. In fact, in Nigeria only 2% of expats are very satisfied with local leisure options, compared to 54% in South Africa!

Satisfaction with healthcare is also very different among expats in these African destinations: in Nigeria not a single respondent is very satisfied with the quality of healthcare, and in Kenya only 6% express complete satisfaction. The only country performing better than the worldwide average (23%) is South Africa,

Fewer expats in these destinations are satisfied with the affordability of healthcare than the global average of 55%, with only 9% being overall satisfied in Nigeria, and 40% saying the same about Kenya. South Africa does best in this subcategory, too (50%), but it does not quite reach the global average of 55%.

In the Ease of Settling In Index, the three destinations do noticeably better: ranking 19th, Kenya features in the global top 20 while South Africa and Nigeria are placed 28th and 39th out of 67, respectively.

However, this doesn’t translate into a language barrier for expats in daily life, as English is among the official languages and widely spoken in these countries. It is not that surprising then that Kenya ranks 1st out of 67 in the Language subcategory: in fact, only one in nine expats in Kenya says it is not easy to live in the country without speaking the local language(s), compared to 40% worldwide. South Africa and Nigeria also perform well here, with 21% and 14% of respondents sharing this opinion.

Only South Africa and Kenya are featured in the Family Life Index, since the number of respondents with families in Nigeria was too small to be statistically significant. South Africa performs well in this index, ranking 15th, while Kenya comes 35th out of 45 destinations for expats with families.

That was a survey done by neutrals, not nigerians, not KEnyans

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darknetcom: 1:48am On Dec 04, 2016
LightYagami:

More Americans know what Kenya is I guess,Obama things.
And so do more Brits, I mean, the Queen learned about her ascent to the throne when she was here. Prince William proposed to Kate while in Kenya. Prince william had this ex gf who was Kenyan too, her name is Jecca Craig.
So gain, how many percentage of Nigerians
And I am happy to see one Nigerian knows about the darknet too

because obama,that halfbreed,knows what a kenya is,doesnt mean the ol africa must know what a kenyan is now...

did obama gave una a medal or what??..

my moniker has nothing to do with darknet...

i am tsdarkside...

tahhh...forget it...

the ipobians are more interesting than kenyans...

KENYANS ARE BORING!!!!...

ipob,were arth thou!!!....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by redsun(m): 1:58am On Dec 04, 2016
Nigerians idea of knowledge seem to centre more on gbagbati and bravado rather than rationality and usefulness to the society. Kenya on the hand is still practically ran by white man and still very much under his grips.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 04, 2016
darknetcom:

because obama,that halfbreed,knows what a kenya is,doesnt mean the ol africa must know what a kenyan is now...

did obama gave una a medal or what??..

my moniker has nothing to do with darknet...

i am tsdarkside...

tahhh...forget it...

the ipobians are more interesting than kenyans...

KENYANS ARE BORING!!!!...

ipob,were arth thou!!!....

Half Kenyan, not half Nigerian, so deal with it.
Even Ben CArson, when he was running to be ekected a Republican Presidential candidate claimed to trace his ancestry to the Turkana Peple of Kenya.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 04, 2016
redsun:
Nigerians idea of knowledge seem to centre more on gbagbati and bravado rather than rationality and usefulness to the society. Kenya on the hand is still practically ran by white man and still very much under his grips.
Would you please support this claim. How is Kenya run by a white man??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by redsun(m): 2:30am On Dec 04, 2016
LightYagami:

Would you please support this claim. How is Kenya run by a white man??

Most if your prime lands and investments are owned by white people that refused to give up their colonial acquisitions. All the big businesses that attracts tourists and international interest are most ran by whites. While the small ones are now being colonised by the igbos and Somalians.

Kenyans are still very well structured in the civil structures that the colonialists left.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jlnAgain: 3:31am On Dec 04, 2016
redsun:

Most if your prime lands and investments are owned by white people that refused to give up their colonial acquisitions. All the big businesses that attracts tourists and international interest are most ran by whites. While the small ones are now being colonised by the igbos and Somalians.

Kenyans are still very well structured in the civil structures that the colonialists left.
Seems like people on this thread don't realize that foreign investment is actually a good thing.....You want foreign companies to operate, invest and open businesses in your country, it helps grow the economy!!

Your economy doesn't care if it's white,black or Asians investing, so this whole argument of "the White man owns this" "The White man runs that" is probably the dumbe$t thing i've ever heard!! all it shows how backwards and paranoid many Africans are.

And BTW both Kenya and Nigeria are mixed economies, with Nigeria having a larger FDI than Kenya, thus if Kenya is owned by the "White Man" Nigeria is owned twice fold by the so called "White Man"

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KenyaMan111: 4:15am On Dec 04, 2016
redsun:

Investments are a good thing. I'd rather have an Igbo or Somali or a European make revenue we can tax here and hand out jobs, than in their country.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:35am On Dec 04, 2016
darknetcom:

you are ignorant..!!!..

celebrating buildings....ignorant!!!..

your maintainance culture is surely not better than ours..

or else you wouldnt be on nairaland measuring dicks!!...

Now you're changing the subject after I called you out on your silly assertion. Is that what parents teach their kids in Nigeria? That other African countries normally come to Nigeria crying? No wonder most of you are so delusional.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:37am On Dec 04, 2016
darknetcom:

it is..it is

which nigerian even bothered about kenyans??..

atleast 35% of nigerians dont even know what a kenyan is....

those nigerians abroad dont even care about kenya....

face front!...ojare......

35℅ of Nigerians don't know where Kenya is because of your poor education otherwise anyone who's been to Primary school in Africa Should be able to tell where ALL African countries are on the map.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:43am On Dec 04, 2016
redsun:

What does Igbos own in Kenya? Please educate me. You peeps need to stop seeking relevance.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by escapefromusa(f): 5:49am On Dec 04, 2016
NairobiWalker:

35℅ of Nigerians don't know where Kenya is because of your poor education otherwise anyone who's been to Primary school in Africa Should be able to tell where ALL African countries are on the map.

HA HA.... and you had to travel all the way from Kenya to Nigeria to say this.... you are aware this is Nigeria right.

Does any African country own an online forum like this... ooh I forget, we are not educated , educated people can't own a site that recieves 100 million hits a month, or maybe linda ikeji ... never been there but I heard she lives in 500 million naira house.

I guess since kenya is better than Nigeria and your educated you should be doing much better than Nigerian's ... far better tongue

and this is just online ... shocked
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 6:20am On Dec 04, 2016
escapefromusa:

HA HA.... and you had to travel all the way from Kenya to Nigeria to say this.... you are aware this is Nigeria right.

Does any African country own an online forum like this... ooh I forget, we are not educated , educated people can't own a site that recieves 100 million hits a month, or maybe linda ikeji ... never been there but I heard she lives in 500 million naira house.

I guess since kenya is better than Nigeria and your educated you should be doing much better than Nigerian's ... far better tongue

Kenyans have supermarkets and they now have 8 lanes roads that's why they are comparing themselves with Nigerians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 6:28am On Dec 04, 2016
Kenyans are better in sport too because they Always win 30km races.

I don't know what happened to 100m,200m, boxing, football, weight lifting, judo, basketball, volleyball, etc.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 6:31am On Dec 04, 2016
Education system in kenya is better because Nigeria's population is larger. This is the reason why Nigeria have 14 schools in top 100 and Kenya have just 6.

I had to compare our population with that of South Africa that dominated the top 10.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:34am On Dec 04, 2016
escapefromusa:

Linda Ikeja and whoever started this forum knows where Kenya is because they're educated. People like you are the ones who don't know where Kenya is and don't know there are countless Kenyans who live in more than 125 million Kenya shillings (equivalent of 500M Naira) houses.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 6:37am On Dec 04, 2016
In telecommunications Kenya is better because Nigeria have launched 5 satellites successful into space and have several submarine cables owned by Nigerians.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 6:40am On Dec 04, 2016
In banking Kenya is better because of mobile money.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 6:44am On Dec 04, 2016
In entertainment Kenya is better cause their artist are protesting that radio stations should stop playing Nigerian music but theirs.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 6:50am On Dec 04, 2016
In transportation sector Kenya is better because they are building railway line from Mombasa to Nairobi while we already have many working in Nigeria.

The other reason is because they have 8 lane roads.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.