Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,418 members, 7,861,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6283875 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
NairobiWalker:

If I was American, I would vote Trump.
What if the opponent wasn't Clinton? undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 01, 2017
Muafrika2:

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/Syngenta_Charged_for_Covering_Up_Livestock_Deaths_from_GM_Corn.php

Interesting revelation and what an interesting abbrev for the webpage i-sis !

"Independent studies have shown that basing health assessments on flawed scientific assumptions is not only arrogant, but foolish" is very proper.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 01, 2017
Muafrika2:
On point GERALD710

Someone needs to study Kalenjin empowerment (with the exception of fringe Kales like the Pokot.) MOI just set them up for success. And they don't even farm (except for tea and milk production). Food here comes from surrounding areas and ethnicities. But they are way richer. There is just a higher concentration of money in Kalenjin land. No wonder he never bothered with the Cities and their infrastructure.

The ending leases are a big thing, I find it so exciting. There is a silent revolution unfolding before our eyes. Am suspecting the people in the current government and the super rich will access them first. Not to forget some smart individuals in the lands office. The rest may buy from them.

The collapse of Nakumatt was really puzzling at first but Gerald has explained it esp the withdrawal of Mwau. They are really closing down stores!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2017
kikuyu1:

100% pure knowledge we've all come to respect! Fyi,many have decided ALL those leases must come into Kenyan hands,by hook or by crook! But be careful with these rich lists;many aren't mentioned eg, Jimi Wanjigi,who I know from an insider is worth well over 1.5bn$. Another 60 smth yr old Kyuke,Kihingu is in the same range. He got money from hardwood and precious stones in the DRC in the 90s and expanded to RSA and 6 yrs back was wanted by Interpol for tax evasion. SARS even confiscated his planes but IDK how it ended.
Tuskys has now overtaken Nakumatt in terms of sales. They were joined at the hip once. Somalis,talk too much. I swear,listening to those skinny mofos,especially on the 'net,you'd think Eastleigh where they sell their shoddy,smuggled goods is a major entrepot employing at least 30% of our workforce!

Only fools take Somalis seriously. The average Somali who owns a shady shoe business believes he's very rich.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
Carnivore Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2017
Kenya Outdoors

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2017
~

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2017
Migori County, Kenya

Thimlich Ohinga is a wall fortress that is part of ancient Bantu culture that involved elaborately built stone-walled dwellings. These type of ruins can be found from East Africa all the way to South Africa. The fortress is more than five centuries old. It is believed that proto Luhya and Kisii Bantu peoples built the ruins. The architectural style of the Thimlich Ohinga mirrors the building style of the Great Zimbabwe Empire, 1,900 miles to the south in Zimbabwe. Thimlich Ohinga is an example of defensive savanna architecture, which eventually became a traditional style in various parts of East and Southern Africa. Inside the structures, are partitions of various kinds like corridors, smaller enclosures and depressions. Some of the compartments include games sections where men played games like ‘ajua,' and grinding stones where women ground grain. The entryways were purposefully made small, so that potential intruders would be quickly subdued by guards in a watch tower near the entrance.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Interesting revelation and what an interesting abbrev for the webpage i-sis !

"Independent studies have shown that basing health assessments on flawed scientific assumptions is not only arrogant, but foolish" is very proper.
THe problem is that the companies developing the GM crops are so powerful that they are doing the invention, development and approval themselves.

Still, We're lucky in Africa because they are very aggressive in places like US where they are pushing for laws with strange provisions forcing local farmers to do crazy things like putting up veils to keep their crops from being pollinated by GMO pollen without a licence undecided

If they have their way, Africa is next. That's why I believe the recent crop pest attacks cannot be so convenientlyrics accidental.

If you pay attention to our Kenyan Hybrids esp maize, many have prefixes like MON - (a name or number). Guess who owns the Patent !!! The world is just a huge political field with a lot of dirty food politics!

Plant Variety Protection is a kind of patent developed in Europe specifically for plant breeders. It is accompanied by the same DUS criteria as those required by the catalogue and it initially granted less powers than a patent. In 1961, European states created the Union for the Protection of New Plant Varieties (UPOV), which harmonises rules through the UPOV Convention, which has been revised several times. UPOV gives breeders the right over their commercial varieties to prevent anyone else from producing seeds for commercial purposes. However, other breeders can use ‘protected’ (or privatised) materials for breeding programmes. In the first decades of UPOV’s existence, farmers were still free to save and reuse their seeds from protected varieties. However, with the revision of the UPOV Convention in 1991, protection of plant varieties extends to prohibit the agricultural production of the protected variety, including harvesting and the post-harvest produce. Under UPOV 91, farmers are no longer allowed to reuse seeds of privatised varieties – except in rare cases and upon payment. If farmers infringe the regulation or are suspected of infringement, they can have their houses searched without warrant, their crops, harvests and processed products seized and destroyed, and they could be sent to jail for years. UPOV 91 also makes it much easier for seed companies to privatise farmers' own farm-produced seeds and to ban the use of local varieties.

Trade and investment agreements are a tool used by corporations to force governments to adopt policies promoting corporate rights over seeds. For example, almost all countries of the world are members of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), which has an agreement on Trade-related aspects of intellectual property rights (TRIPS). The TRIPS agreement requires countries either to provide some form of plant variety protection or to face trade sanctions. In addition, many countries have been bullied into joining UPOV 91 – through bilateral free trade agreements, development aid, etc.
https://www.grain.org/article/entries/5142-seed-laws-that-criminalise-farmers-resistance-and-fightback

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2017
TayserMahiri:

The collapse of Nakumatt was really puzzling at first but Gerald has explained it esp the withdrawal of Mwau. They are really closing down stores!!
These Kenyan companies are just stress. You never know when the major shareholders will take the money and leave smaller investors behind will a dying company undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CocoMilian(f): 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2017
Muafrika2:

These Kenyan companies are just stress. You never know when the major shareholders will take the money and leave smaller investors behind will a dying company undecided

Much blame would be on the fact that they never used to pay tax or debts. Which is the major cause of the mess they are in.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 02, 2017
CocoMilian:

Much blame would be on the fact that they never used to pay tax or debts. Which is the major cause of the mess they are in.
They were also more expensive than the rest.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 02, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 02, 2017
The joke is on humans the species which think is endowed with such mighty that it can do whatever it pleases.but reality is that man don't invent anything he just copies then brags about it.everything to be invented is already given.we just plagiarize. grin
We are talking of encryption, data compression an so on...that's already there you just have to go an discover it ...take an example if our DNA. A professor of molecular biology and computer science noted: “One gram of DNA, which when dry would occupy a volume of approximately one cubic centimeter, can store as much information as approximately one trillion CDs [compact discs].”
What does that mean? Remember, the DNA contains the genes, the instructions for building a unique human body. Each cell has a complete set of instructions. DNA is so dense with information that a single teaspoonful of it could carry the instructions for building about 350 times the number of humans alive today! The DNA required for the seven billion people living on earth now would barely make a film on the surface of that teaspoon.

Despite advances in miniaturization, no man-made information storage device can approach such a capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 10:39am On Aug 02, 2017
Tanzanians and ship building

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Muafrika2:

THe problem is that the companies developing the GM crops are so powerful that they are doing the invention, development and approval themselves.

Still, We're lucky in Africa because they are very aggressive in places like US where they are pushing for laws with strange provisions forcing local farmers to do crazy things like putting up veils to keep their crops from being pollinated by GMO pollen without a licence undecided

If they have their way, Africa is next. That's why I believe the recent crop pest attacks cannot be so convenientlyrics accidental.

If you pay attention to our Kenyan Hybrids esp maize, many have prefixes like MON - (a name or number). Guess who owns the Patent !!! The world is just a huge political field with a lot of dirty food politics!

Is it Monsanto? That'd be a fullscale invasion. Monsanto are monsters! undecided angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
CocoMilian:

lol, I actually thought it had something to do with elections grin Was wondering like who are these Nakumatt Indians funding That means KRA are doing a good job nailing the tax evaders

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
mtis:
The joke is on humans the species which think is endowed with such mighty that it can do whatever it pleases.but reality is that man don't invent anything he just copies then brags about it.everything to be invented is already given.we just plagiarize. grin
We are talking of encryption, data compression an so on...that's already there you just have to go an discover it ...take an example if our DNA. A professor of molecular biology and computer science noted: “One gram of DNA, which when dry would occupy a volume of approximately one cubic centimeter, can store as much information as approximately one trillion CDs [compact discs].”
What does that mean? Remember, the DNA contains the genes, the instructions for building a unique human body. Each cell has a complete set of instructions. DNA is so dense with information that a single teaspoonful of it could carry the instructions for building about 350 times the number of humans alive today! The DNA required for the seven billion people living on earth now would barely make a film on the surface of that teaspoon.

Despite advances in miniaturization, no man-made information storage device can approach such a capacity.

This would hold water if humans had as much time as nature's had to perfect its thing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Segera Retreat, Laikipia County

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2017
~

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Is it Monsanto? That'd be a fullscale invasion. Monsanto are monsters! undecided angry
You guessed right, Ruthless capitalism. But their problem is not money. Its control. And they have it really.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Segera Retreat, Laikipia County

Those sculptures look demonic undecided Is there a freemason lodge around there?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
Muafrika2:

You guessed right, Ruthless capitalism. But their problem is not money. Its control. And they have it really.

How long have they been here?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
Muafrika2:

Those sculptures look demonic undecided Is there a freemason lodge around there?

Lol, I dont know.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by peterspp(m): 4:24pm On Aug 02, 2017
Yoruba thieves and hausa cows have spoit dis nation....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2017
peterspp:

grin grin man ya crack me up..but seriously dont blame the cows
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
TayserMahiri:

How long have they been here?

God knows. These companies keep acquiring each other and renaming themselves. But the food corporations have had a close relationship with the UN and related organizations like WTO who are always churning conventions that protect them and increase their influence.

Monsanto was divested from Pharmah corporation in 2002

Pharmacia was a pharmaceutical and biotechnological company in Sweden that merged with the American pharmaceutical company in 1995 Pharmacia & Upjohn

Pharmacia company was founded in 1911 in Stockholm, Sweden by pharmacist Gustav Felix Grönfeldt at the Elgen Pharmacy. company was founded in 1911 in Stockholm, Sweden by pharmacist Gustav Felix Grönfeldt at the Elgen Pharmacy.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Edopesin: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2017
peterspp:

speak with a little sense the world is watching
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
After watching the test transmission of results by IEBC, I now see the coming elections are going to be hotly contested. And it won't be easy for the incumbent.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2017
Muafrika2:

What if the opponent wasn't Clinton? undecided

You should ask, what if the opponent was X? I didn't support him because I hate Clinton, I supported him because I tend to agree with his ideologies.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2017
NairobiWalker:

You should ask, what if the opponent was X? I didn't support him because I hate Clinton, I supported him because I tend to agree with his ideologies.
The Guy is a fraud an people are beginning to see that....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.