Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6243846 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2017
But something must be wrong with Naija. Can you imagine Naija is still sending troops to Liberia? Lol.
https://www.nairaland.com/3954388/nigerian-army-deploy-230-personnel
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:04pm On Jul 29, 2017
@MtuMsuper..I knew it had to be a combination of corruption,ineptitude and outdated agric techniques.Like you said 'who blames the rain for crop shortage in 2017?' How can nigeria explain its power problem in this age and time.And how can both countries explain the crazy numbers of slum dwellers in their top cities?So what have we been arguing about?Infrastructures and wealth many do not enjoy or see.IT has been proven here by 9jacool that inequality in kenya is even worse than in nigeria.I lost interest in this thread after the skyscraper debate where it is evident that both countries combined do not have up to 20 completed skyscrapers 100m and above.Meanwhile,hong kong,a very small country has more than 1000 skyscrapers above 150m.Even argentina which is not a highrise nation has about 45.This thread reminds me of the game of monopoly where the triumph of one is celebrated over the misfortune of others.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2017
@MtuMsuper..nah,I have not been to Kenya but here in Nigeria the informed seem to have some interest in that country mainly because of the legend of Jomo and the maumau movement and someone like Ngugi wa Thiongo.Read weep not Child in primary 6.No,we don't eat ugali here but we hear the kenyans don't play with it.Still wondering how a cornmeal can be a delicacy though(different strokes for different folks).We eat our maize in different ways and last I checked we are 2nd in Africa behind South Africa in maize production.It's quite cheap here.We are more of tuber people here.And I would be crazy not to visit kenya in my lifetime with all I have seen here(good,bad and ugly).It's a bewildering mix.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2017
obaaderemi:
@MtuMsuper..nah,I have not been to Kenya but here in Nigeria the informed seem to have some interest in that country mainly because of the legend of Jomo and the maumau movement and someone like Ngugi wa Thiongo.Read weep not Child in primary 6.No,we don't eat ugali here but we hear the kenyans don't play with it.Still wondering how a cornmeal can be a delicacy though(different strokes for different folks).We eat our maize in different ways and last I checked we are 2nd in Africa behind South Africa in maize production.It's quite cheap here.We are more of tuber people here.And I would be crazy not to visit kenya in my lifetime with all I have seen here(good,bad and ugly).It's a bewildering mix.
Corn meal is prepared and use in the same way you use tubers to accompany soups and vegetable meals. We used tubers, millet and sorghum before colonialism.

Corn/ maize is part of the problem. Its so sensitive to weather, pests and deceases, and, there is a new vicious army worm attack of maize plants that has been devastating our maize crops in Eastern Africa. Some multinationals have conveniently taken the opportunity to preach GMO.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2017
Muafrika2:

Corn meal is prepared and use in the same way you use tubers to accompany soups and vegetable meals. We used tubers, millet and sorghum before colonialism.

Corn/ maize is part of the problem. Its so sensitive to weather, pests and deceases, and, there is a new vicious army worm attack of maize plants that has been devastating our maize crops in Eastern Africa. Some multinationals have conveniently taken the opportunity to preach GMO.
GMO is the future of agric.Chinese and Americans have been munching GMO crops for years and there has been no reports of side effects.But the West still control the puppet strings of African governments and 'must' tell us what to accept or reject to qualify for certain aid packages.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

Yeah but the question is.. In what way are they a form of terror to the Biafrans? You were insinuating the Biafrans are being terrorized.

You misunderstood my point right from the start. It was about Israel being concerned that Nigeria as is now is turning to a terror hotbed.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2017
Muafrika2:

This explains their distinct looks. I always wonder what people are talking of when they say Hutus and Tutsi are one people undecided

Its a denial of the injustice that led to the war, and continues to be perpetrated. I mean once Hutus are told they are one, how will they question a Tutsi concentrated government?

When will Africa ever progress if we cannot try to create homogenous societies like you see in other parts of the developed world?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:
But something must be wrong with Naija. Can you imagine Naija is still sending troops to Liberia? Lol.
https://www.nairaland.com/3954388/nigerian-army-deploy-230-personnel

Whats going on in Liberia?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2017
Muafrika2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2017
obaaderemi:
GMO is the future of agric.Chinese and Americans have been munching GMO crops for years and there has been no reports of side effects.But the West still control the puppet strings of African governments and 'must' tell us what to accept or reject to qualify for certain aid packages.
Am anti-GMO undecided

Traitor angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

You misunderstood my point right from the start. It was about Israel being concerned that Nigeria as is now is turning to a terror hotbed.
Hmm you may be right though if we consider Boko Haram, l don't know who sponsors BokoHaram, but their attacks intensified when most were driven from sambisa forest. They are so determined to deal with Borno state. The problem is that BokoHaram is across three countries, Chad, Cameroon and Nigeria.
The major instability across the nation is herdsmen attack against the local farmers in communities which can be taken care of by anti-grazing bill.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2017
Heli Camping in Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

When will Africa ever progress if we cannot try to create homogenous societies like you see in other parts of the developed world?
That's impossible. It will take centuries and complete urbanisation for that to happen. May be that's where we're heading.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy

Not to hate on tubers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

Hmm you may be right though if we consider Boko Haram, l don't know who sponsors BokoHaram, but their attacks intensified when most were driven from sambisa forest. They are so determined to deal with Borno state. The problem is that BokoHaram is across three countries, Chad, Cameroon and Nigeria.
The major instability across the nation is herdsmen attack against the local farmers in communities which can be taken care of by anti-grazing bill.

The Fulani herdsmen? How would an anti grazing bill work with herding tribes surely?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
Muafrika2:

That's impossible. It will take centuries and complete urbanisation for that to happen. May be that's where we're heading.

We've work to do.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
Muafrika2:

cheesy cheesy

Not to hate on tubers cheesy

Obafemi* was tryna hate on corn cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Whats going on in Liberia?
I think it's just to maintain the peace there. The numbers reduced this year from what l've seen, last year it was seven hundred sent.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kenya Random

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

I think it's just to maintain the peace there. The numbers reduced this year from what l've seen, last year it was seven hundred sent.

Like there's risk of violence?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 7:23pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Like there's risk of violence?
Maybe they have such information, but Liberia has become stable since the ECOWAS intervention in 2003, they even hosted the ECOWAS summit last month. That's progress and stability.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Obafemi* was tryna hate on corn cheesy
grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 7:45pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

That beautiful house looks like the game of Jenga kiss
grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

Maybe they have such information, but Liberia has become stable since the ECOWAS intervention in 2003, they even hosted the ECOWAS summit last month. That's progress and stability.

I thought so too. They still dont have a army that can stand its ground?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:09pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I thought so too. They still dont have a army that can stand its ground?
It seems so, they still need the UN and ECOWAS. I think Nigeria also has a defence treaty with them from the era of Obasanjo, l'll check this out when l'm less busy, l'm not very sure.
The cooperation between Nigeria and Liberia have been inspiring though, l found this article of 2014....
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.mofa.gov.lr/public2/2press.php%3Fnews_id%3D1197%26related%3D7%26pg%3Dsp&ved=0ahUKEwjao5Lppq_VAhVMZlAKHZcxD9wQFggjMAM&usg=AFQjCNFqeJlhubz9ZEKinFGw1kSK028rxA
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2017
Kajiado County, Kenya

Lake Magadi is one of the largest sources of trona in the world. When Lake Magadi contains water, typically up to a metre deep, it is a bright pink colour due to salt content. The salt density of Lake Magadi is very high, with some areas in the lake reaching 40 metres in salt thickness. Magadi is Swahili for Soda. Touring the lake and its environs is an unforgettable adventure, Kenyans love the place. tongue

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

It seems so, they still need the UN and ECOWAS. I think Nigeria also has a defence treaty with them from the era of Obasanjo, l'll check this out when l'm less busy, l'm not very sure.
The cooperation between Nigeria and Liberia have been inspiring though, l found this article of 2014....
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.mofa.gov.lr/public2/2press.php%3Fnews_id%3D1197%26related%3D7%26pg%3Dsp&ved=0ahUKEwjao5Lppq_VAhVMZlAKHZcxD9wQFggjMAM&usg=AFQjCNFqeJlhubz9ZEKinFGw1kSK028rxA

Great bro, will go through it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2017
TayserMahiri:
Kajiado County, Kenya

Lake Magadi is one of the largest sources of trona in the world. When Lake Magadi contains water, typically up to a metre deep, it is a bright pink colour due to salt content. The salt density of Lake Magadi is quite high, with some areas in the lake reaching 40 metres in salt thickness. Magadi is Swahili for Soda. Touring the lake and its environs is an unforgettable adventure, Kenyans love the place. tongue
It looks lovely from the pics already.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2017
freshest4live:

It looks lovely from the pics already.

Very lovely place wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2017
You can get there by train smiley The good old trains grin grin
The tour bus picks you up cool
You should try it

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
Or get there by tour vans

(1) (2) (3) ... (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.