Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,783 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6149210 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:24am On May 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Because you deliberately skewed my comment. If I say Arsenal are a better team than Everton, it doesn't mean I think Arsenal are a great team. It simply means they're better than Everton. That I said Kenya is a more sophisticated economy than Nigeria is a comparative statement; it doesn't mean in absolute terms that Kenya is a sophisticated economy.

You struggle a lot with the simple concept of relative or comparative statements and like to distract with absolutes. Kenya is not a diversified economy by global standards. Compared to Nigeria, Kenya is a more diversified economy. Kenyans are "suffering". Nigerians are suffering more (and still beating their chests on the internet). Kenyans are positive about the direction of their country. Nigerians aren't. Kenyans ride trains and have train stations that look better than our airports. Nigerian governors are commissioning bus stops. grin Kenyan universities are ranked higher than Nigeria's underfunded hell-holes.

Now size is your excuse for Nigeria's backwardness when many Nigerians use the same size as some evidence of Nigeria's greatness. One, Kenya is hardly a small country. It's the economic giant of East Africa. It's hard to run a country with 50 million people. Two, China is far bigger than Nigeria and has left Nigeria in the dust decades ago. It's not an excuse. Nigeria's problem is running an unwieldy, impractical, unworkable, moronic unitary system where incompetent people run everything from the centre. Whose fault is it that we abandoned the system that worked for us just so everybody can count their share of oyel money?
No one skewed your comment. In your haste to play correct, you put forward a statement you had to twist and turn to justify. And you are also there skewing my comment. I said in Africa, it is difficult to manage a big multiethnic country and you are here using China as an example. Kenya's population is not up to the population of northern Nigeria alone. That can make things difficult and in spite of that how come Kenya a relatively small country compared to Nigeria is still struggling in terms of developmental stats? And your assertion that Kenyan universities are ranked above Nigeria's universities is another of your wild claims for which I have been calling you out. In the latest rankings, only one Kenyan university appear in the top 30 while Nigeria has 4 or thereabout. So what happened to the other Kenyan 'universities' you claim are ranked higher? Guess they are bigger hellholes than Nigeria's.

https://www.4icu.org/top-universities-africa/

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 7:47am On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
No one skewed your comment. In your haste to play correct, you put forward a statement you had to twist and turn to justify. And you are also there skewing my comment. I said in Africa, it is difficult to manage a big multiethnic country and you are here using China as an example. Kenya's population is not up to the population of northern Nigeria alone. That can make things difficult and in spite of that how come Kenya a relatively small country compared to Nigeria is still struggling in terms of developmental stats? And your assertion that Kenyan universities are ranked above Nigeria's universities is another of your wild claims for which I have been calling you out. In the latest rankings, only one Kenyan university appear in the top 30 while Nigeria has 4 or thereabout. So what happened to the other Kenyan 'universities' you claim are ranked higher? Guess they are bigger hellholes than Nigeria's.

what I discovered about d difference between Nigerian n Kenyan universities is that.....majority of Kenyan universities are sited in Nairobi while Nigerian universities are scattered across d country. 22 out of the 59 Kenyan universities captured in that ranking are based in Nairobi while 149 Nigerian universities are captured, the state with the highest number of universities in Nigeria is Ogun with 14 universities.

Another thing is that 4 out of the 9 Kenyan universities in the top 200 are private while only 6 out of d 40 Nigerian universities in top 200 are private, the rest are public.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:17am On May 21, 2018
The launch edition of the Business Barometer: Africa CEO Survey carried out by Oxford Business Group (OBG)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:20am On May 21, 2018

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:46am On May 21, 2018
Size is not an excuse. And Northern Nigeria is also not an excuse. Kenya has it's northern problem - way more problematic than Nigeria - because 2/3 of Kenya is Arid and Semi-Arid - inhabited mostly by muslim Somalis & Oromos with lots of Alshabab activities. The problem with Nigeria is OIL. And then really bad leadership - military generals after military generals.
obaaderemi:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:49am On May 21, 2018
About 10 yrs ago - there were about only 7 public and I think 4 universities in Kenya - that number has seen exploded to over 70 universities - enrollment has moved from around 80K to more than half million students. That basically is difference btw Nigeria and Kenya. Kenya is making incredible and tremendous progress - the last 15yrs has been nothing but transformative - and if we sustain that for another 15yrs - then South Africa has to be worried. Nigeria is basically regressing - the older generation Nigeria are more educated than younger generation - and that to me is the biggest worry - Nigeria really need to turn the corner.

Kenya now has gone slow on university expansion - now we are focusing on quality - so very soon expect those 70-100 kenyan universities to climb up in ranking.

The focus for growth now is middle level college (technical colleges) - and we have built about 300 new ones to add to the existing ones. These are colleges that will produce technical skills required to manufacture and build stuff - welders, masons, carptenters,plumbers, electricians,tailors and such kinds of jobs.

Pick any stats of Kenya - and in last 10 or about years - we have grown it 6-7 times and it appears in another 10yrs - we could similarly grow those numbers by 6-7 times - we are far from marginal utility.

theenchanter:
what I discovered about d difference between Nigerian n Kenyan universities is that.....majority of Kenyan universities are sited in Nairobi while Nigerian universities are scattered across d country. 22 out of the 59 Kenyan universities captured in that ranking are based in Nairobi while 149 Nigerian universities are captured, the state with the highest number of universities in Nigeria is Ogun with 14 universities.

Another thing is that 4 out of the 9 Kenyan universities in the top 200 are private while only 6 out of d 40 Nigerian universities in top 200 are private, the rest are public.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:51am On May 21, 2018
rvp20182:
About 10 yrs ago - there were about only 7 public and I think 4 universities in Kenya - that number has seen exploded to over 70 universities - enrollment has moved from around 80K to more than half million students. That basically is difference btw Nigeria and Kenya. Kenya is making incredible and tremendous progress - the last 15yrs has been nothing but transformative - and if we sustain that for another 15yrs - then South Africa has to be worried. Nigeria is basically regressing - the older generation Nigeria are more educated than younger generation - and that to me is the biggest worry - Nigeria really need to turn the corner.

Kenya now has gone slow on university expansion - now we are focusing on quality - so very soon expect those 70-100 kenyan universities to climb up in ranking.

The focus for growth now is middle level college (technical colleges) - and we have built about 300 new ones to add to the existing ones. These are colleges that will produce technical skills required to manufacture and build stuff - welders, masons, carptenters,plumbers, electricians,tailors and such kinds of jobs.

Pick any stats of Kenya - and in last 10 or about years - we have grown it 6-7 times and it appears in another 10yrs - we could similarly grow those numbers by 6-7 times - we are far from marginal utility.

So why not just say Kenya is growing rather than coming out to defend some bogus claim that you are better than this or that in all aspects.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 10:52am On May 21, 2018
theenchanter:
pls, leave this guy. Stop giving him attention.

Most of the nonsense u guys argue about on this thread is baseless.
This one is not baseless to me.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:28am On May 21, 2018
Nowenuse:

The richest kenyan is not just an Indian, but the richest Kenyans are Indians. It is a plural statement.

The top 3 richest Kenyans are Indians..

Infact, check the top 10 richest Kenyans, apart from corrupt Kenyan political elite families, the rest are Indians. It's that bad.

TayserMahiri et al can attest.
Now you are hurting our Kenyan brothers and you know how brightly they glow and burn when they see your comments. So are we on safe grounds if we called Kenya Little India?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:34am On May 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

So why not just say Kenya is growing rather than coming out to defend some bogus claim that you are better than this or that in all aspects.
Isn't that what he should have said long ago instead of keeping quiet as his brothers lied about conditions in Little India. Their hypocrisy is the only reason I am here. And the ridiculous thing is how some Nigerians foolishly are taken in. One was telling me yesterday Kenyan universities are ranked higher than Nigerian universities and arguing blindly about things he had little knowledge of.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:45am On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:

What the hell is there to "twist and turn" about a straightforward comment? I made a simple comment that B is more sophisticated than A and you turned it into an argument about whether B is sophisticated or not. Who is doing the "twisting and turning"?
China has a dominant group of ethnic Hans, but there are about 45 ethnicities including Uygurs, Manchurians, Mongols, Tibetans etc. Nigeria has far less ethnic groups than people make out. It's a country where people that are so closely related that there is little more than dialectic differences like Isokos and Urhobos, or several Igboid groups in the South South claim to be distinct ethnic groups. Nigeria only ranks 18th in ethnic diversity in the world. Countries like South Africa, Kenya and Ghana and even Gabon are ranked above us:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_ranked_by_ethnic_and_cultural_diversity_level

Nigeria's problems has nothing to do with the complexity of governing multiple ethnicities. Endemic corruption and profound incompetence in leadership and an unworkable governance system has nothing to do with how many ethnic groups Nigeria has. What makes it the more silly is that in the face of the so-called "complexity", we employ a Unitary system of government rather than embrace Federalism. Whose fault is that?

QS and Times Higher Education are credible internationally cited rankings. No one cares about 4icu and Webometrics and their weird rankings.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 11:51am On May 21, 2018
rvp20182:
Size is not an excuse. And Northern Nigeria is also not an excuse. Kenya has it's northern problem - way more problematic than Nigeria - because 2/3 of Kenya is Arid and Semi-Arid - inhabited mostly by muslim Somalis & Oromos with lots of Alshabab activities. The problem with Nigeria is OIL. And then really bad leadership - military generals after military generals.
What's the population of your northern region? Size is not an excuse here, it's reality. Northern Nigeria is a hot zone and it's huge. Let me give you a perspective, bro. About 90% of Nigeria's extremely poor people live in northern Nigeria. Literacy level in some states there is as low as 30%. Lagos on the other hand has a literacy level well above that of say, Nairobi. And for the umpteenth time, the problem with Nigeria is not oil but a failure of leadership. Kenya faces the same problem. It is why you don't have a functional refinery and the reason your country is so indebted. Leadership is Africa's problem. Take it or leave it. We can discuss Africa's problems or progress here if you people want to but if you only want to mudsling and measure dick, you are welcome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:55am On May 21, 2018
I don't see how this is mutually exclusive..Kenya has of now except in cooked gdp is certainly doing better than Nigeria...while at same time progressively moving up the ladder. I think if we were arguing with progressive countries like Ghana or Botswana or Rwanda or South Africa or even Ivory Coast or Senegal in sub-sahara then we would have a debate. But we are talking Nigeria that is on the race to the bottom.
Daejoyoung:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 11:55am On May 21, 2018
rvp20182:

all these are excuses, I can as well say that majority of the developments in Nigeria happened in less than 20years cos between 80s and 1999, Nigeria was under d austerity of military regime n development was stunted then.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 12:01pm On May 21, 2018
Kenya north is worse than that. That 2/3 of Kenya that is semi-arid has some shocking stats - because of years of neglect and harsh climate - but we are doing something about it - building infrastructure & sending more money to those regions. The Kenya that functions is mostly 1/3 that lies in small corridor that is arable and has infrastructure.Kenya's north is very similar to Nigeria's - occuppied by the mostly muslim pastoralist that practise mostly retrogressive cultures - you've got Hausa-Fulani - we have mostly Oromo-Somalis - same stubborn afro-asiatic. Poverty was as high as 90% recently - now it's dropped drastically to 60% - illeteracy is also very high.

But still while only 10% of kenya can be described as arable..Nigeria has 40% of it's arable.

obaaderemi:
What's the population of your northern region? Size is not an excuse here, it's reality. Northern Nigeria is a hot zone and it's huge. Let me give you a perspective, bro. About 90% of Nigeria's extremely poor people live in northern Nigeria. Literacy level in some states there is as low as 30%. Lagos on the other hand has a literacy level well above that of say, Nairobi. And for the umpteenth time, the problem with Nigeria is not oil but a failure of leadership. Kenya faces the same problem. It is why you don't have a functional refinery and the reason your country is so indebted. Leadership is Africa's problem. Take it or leave it. We can discuss Africa's problems or progress here if you people want to but if you only want to mudsling and measure dick, you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 12:04pm On May 21, 2018
What excuse did I make? We have turned the corner and are aiming at South Africa in 10-15yrs.Nigeria in the meantime is racing to the bottom...name any index...and Nigeria sit comfortably with countries like Chad, Niger, Burundi, Somali and Gambia. While Kenya is sitting there with South Africa, Botwana, Ghana, Rwanda and such progressive countries.
theenchanter:
all these are excuses, I can as well say that majority of the developments in Nigeria happened in less than 20years cos between 80s and 1999, Nigeria was under d austerity of military regime n development was stunted then.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 12:04pm On May 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

What the hell is there to "twist and turn" about a straightforward comment? I made a simple comment that B is more sophisticated than A and you turned it into an argument about whether B is sophisticated or not. Who is doing the "twisting and turning"?
China has a dominant group of ethnic Hans, but there are about 45 ethnicities including Uygurs, Manchurians, Mongols, Tibetans etc. Nigeria has far less ethnic groups than people make out. It's a country where people that are so closely related that there is little more than dialectic differences like Isokos and Urhobos, or several Igboid groups in the South South claim to be distinct ethnic groups. Nigeria only ranks 18th in ethnic diversity in the world. Countries like South Africa, Kenya and Ghana and even Gabon are ranked above us:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_ranked_by_ethnic_and_cultural_diversity_level

Nigeria's problems has nothing to do with the complexity of governing multiple ethnicities. Endemic corruption and profound incompetence in leadership and an unworkable governance system has nothing to do with how many ethnic groups Nigeria has. What makes it the more silly is that in the face of the so-called "complexity", we employ a Unitary system of government rather than embrace Federalism. Whose fault is that?

QS and Times Higher Education are credible internationally cited rankings. No one cares about 4icu and Webometrics and their weird rankings.
You never learn, do you? Bring the Times Higher Education ranking and you will still be surprised. Ibadan, one of our " hellhole universities" as labelled by you- even tied at number11 with university of Nairobi on your so called credible Times Higher Education ranking and you still have more Nigerian universities there than Kenyan. Are you now saying Kenyan universities are bigger hellholes (permit me to borrow your term) than Nigerian universities?

https://studentnewsgrid.com/2017/11/times-higher-education-africa-university-rankings-2018/ I am tired of arguing with people with high falluting opinions.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 12:18pm On May 21, 2018
rvp20182:
What excuse did I make? We have turned the corner and are aiming at South Africa in 10-15yrs.Nigeria in the meantime is racing to the bottom...name any index...and Nigeria sit comfortably with countries like Chad, Niger, Burundi, Somali and Gambia. While Kenya is sitting there with South Africa, Botwana, Ghana, Rwanda and such progressive countries.
HDI is used to measure overall development of a nation n smaller nations have a tendency to trump bigger ones in that aspect, Kenya is rated at 0.55, Nigeria is rated at 0.52, both Kenya and Nigeria are not on the list of high development or medium development, so what's d fuss about??.

Stop deluding urself, boy.. u don't sit there with SA or botswana and Nigeria does not sit with Chad, Niger and burundi too.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 12:21pm On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
You never learn, do you? Bring the Times Higher Education ranking and you will still be surprised. Ibadan, one of our " hellhole universities" as labelled by you- even tied at number11 with university of Nairobi on your so called credible Times Higher Education ranking and you still have more Nigerian universities there than Kenyan. Are you now saying Kenyan universities are bigger hellholes (permit me to borrow your term) than Nigerian universities?

https://studentnewsgrid.com/2017/11/times-higher-education-africa-university-rankings-2018/ I am tired of arguing with people with high falluting opinions.
That guy is always trying to be politically correct. l have nothing against that but at least we must learn to call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:

There are not more Nigerian unis there. UI has been the only ranked Nigerian school for many years, though schools like UNN, Unilag and even recently CU have made consideration shortlists, but never made the list. UI is ranked there with University of Nairobi. University of Nairobi ranked higher in the 2016 list:
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/best-universities-in-africa-2016

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Do you want me to kill you with facts about safaricom and mpesa? Stop the insults, they make you look desperate and childish. Okay,let's start with Mpesa. It's British and Started by Britons.You better be familiar with your country.

https://www.iafrikan.com/2017/12/04/m-pesas-origins/
Hailed as the “Kenyan technology success story”,
many have claimed M-PESA to be a testimony to
the greatness of the East African country’s
technology scene, producing world-class
technology companies that rival those in South
Africa. However, is the acclaimed mobile money
service really Kenyan at all?
The answer is no. M-PESA is British .

I told you before these links,blogs that you're struggling to post might be misleading and as you know most of them are claimed and posted by white people,there's nothing you're telling me as facts,I won't continue to argue with you because you're feeling bitter and jealous,concetrate on the whack of your so called giant,even you don't know Kenya's history before and you're busy trying to fight me..

JUST SHUT UP IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT KENYA,THESE LINKS ARE JUST PEDDLED WITH RUMOURS BY BLOGGERS WHO ARE HATERS and I guess those bloggers are mostly Nigerians.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 12:42pm On May 21, 2018
254tobby:

I told you before these links,blogs that you're struggling to post might be misleading and as you know most of them are claimed and posted by white people,there's nothing you're telling me as facts,I won't continue to argue with you because you're feeling bitter and jealous,concetrate on the whack of your so called giant,even you don't know Kenya's history before and you're busy trying to fight me..

JUST SHUT UP IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT KENYA,THESE LINKS ARE JUST PEDDLED WITH RUMOURS BY BLOGGERS WHO ARE HATERS and I guess those bloggers are mostly Nigerians.
Just bring proof that mpesa is a Kenyan start up. No long talk.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:42pm On May 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

That guy is always trying to be politically correct. l have nothing against that but at least we must learn to call a spade a spade.

Really? I've called the Kenyans out severally when I thought they were misinformed and spewing delusional claims. I'd call it out when I see the Nigerians here doing the same. I was particularly moved to interject myself here when rhetoric like calling fellow Africans "slaves" was injected into the thread. You'd think Nigerians would know better than that, considering our coasts were a major source of the transatlantic slave trade.

It's good to call a spade a spade. I agree with you on that. It is Nigeria that people are risking their lives in the Sahara and Libya and the Mediterranean to escape from, not Kenya. Ironically, most of those fleeing are Southerners, not the war-torn, highly impoverished North. It is Edo people and Igbos and Yorubas spending as much as $5,000 to be couriered into Europe illegally. Our country is in big trouble. So yes, as you said, it is good to call a spade a spade.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 12:59pm On May 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Really? I've called the Kenyans out severally when I thought they were misinformed and spewing delusional claims. I'd call it out when I see the Nigerians here doing the same. I was particularly moved to interject myself here when rhetoric like calling fellow Africans "slaves" was injected into the thread. You'd think Nigerians would know better than that, considering our coasts were a major source of the transatlantic slave trade.

It's good to call a spade a spade. I agree with you on that. It is Nigeria that people are risking their lives in the Sahara and Libya and the Mediterranean to escape from, not Kenya. Ironically, most of those fleeing are Southerners, not the war-torn, highly impoverished North. It is Edo people and Igbos and Yorubas spending as much as $5,000 to be couriered into Europe illegally. Our country is in big trouble. So yes, as you said, it is good to call a spade a spade.
l agree we are in trouble. l also agree it is wrong to call fellow Africans slaves, but l still think you are wrong when you try to so exalt the Kenyan education or so called favourable life indices above that of Nigeria.
Kenya is developing and developing fast but that's it, they are not better than Nigeria in all aspects and some of the bogus claims you make on their behalf are half truths or false brought to your notice by Obaderemi and the likes.
That said, l do enjoy your posts and your intelligent approach towards issues.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 1:17pm On May 21, 2018
rvp20182:
You are aiming at South Africa in the next 10-15 years, why fix your gaze so low? it's even better not to dream at all. SouthAfrica also wants to be better than what you see of them in the next decade as well.
The point is that all countries are progressing too, and hope to be way better. Ghana, Botswana, Senegal, Cameroon,etc they are all making great progress and Nigeria has plans to go very high too with lots of infrastructures to come up but setting SA as a target is quiet limiting.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by alexxo11(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l agree we are in trouble. l also agree it is wrong to call fellow Africans slaves, but l still think you are wrong when you try to so exalt the Kenyan education or so called favourable life indices above that of Nigeria.
Kenya is developing and developing fast but that's it, they are not better than Nigeria in all aspects and some of the bogus claims you make on their behalf are half truths or false brought to your notice by Obaderemi and the likes.
That said, l do enjoy your posts and your intelligent approach towards issues.
trust me bro...im a kenyan and i travel to nigeria alot.....trust me when i tell you that kenya is better than nigeria in every and i mean every ascpect even education...if u dont believe me check ://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000207165/nigerians-top-list-of-foreign-graduates-at-jomo-kenyatta-university even a vice rector from kaduna university came to study in kenya.Im not arguing blanks like the rest ...i have seen both sides.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:09pm On May 21, 2018
alexxo11:
trust me bro...im a kenyan and i travel to nigeria alot.....trust me when i tell you that kenya is better than nigeria in every and i mean every ascpect even education...if u dont believe me check ://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000207165/nigerians-top-list-of-foreign-graduates-at-jomo-kenyatta-university even a vice rector from kaduna university came to study in kenya.Im not arguing blanks like the rest ...i have seen both sides.
So your proof is that they came to study in a Kenyan university therefore Kenya is better, my Cameroonian friend tells me thesame thing all the time, there are so many Nigerians in his university and so it is in Benin republic and Ghana, your point is not good enough.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by alexxo11(m): 2:40pm On May 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

So your proof is that they came to study in a Kenyan university therefore Kenya is better, my Cameroonian friend tells me thesame thing all the time, there are so many Nigerians in his university and so it is in Benin republic and Ghana, your point is not good enough.
thats not my proof sir...im talking about ...1.light,in kenya its 24/7....in nigeria there is no light...you guys even contribute to buy transformers ......in kenya transformers are property of the government and no citizen contributes to buying of it (except thru taxes offcourse) 2.Water is always available in most houses in nairobi and kenya.Ok this i will say its because of electricity which pumps the water to every household.3.drinage...i lived in lekki and when it rained ...the place became a swimmingpool...yes nairobi is almost the same but in "bigboy" areas like lekki its a shame.rich neighbourhoods in nairobi cannot have drinage issues .4.Every kenyan student who studies in kenyan universities can always get a loan from the government ...it is called HELB. you can google.In nigeria there is no communication whatsoever btwn government and university studies(which is pivotial to the economy).The list is long ....you tell me in one area where u think nigeria is better than kenya

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 21, 2018
If Africa stops the B.S we can still catch up with the other guys...(also include prayers grin grin)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 21, 2018
alexxo11:
thats not my proof sir...im talking about ...1.light,in kenya its 24/7....in nigeria there is no light...you guys even contribute to buy transformers ......in kenya transformers are property of the government and no citizen contributes to buying of it (except thru taxes offcourse) 2.Water is always available in most houses in nairobi and kenya.Ok this i will say its because of electricity which pumps the water to every household.3.drinage...i lived in lekki and when it rained ...the place became a swimmingpool...yes nairobi is almost the same but in "bigboy" areas like lekki its a shame.rich neighbourhoods in nairobi cannot have drinage issues .4.Every kenyan student who studies in kenyan universities can always get a loan from the government ...it is called HELB. you can google.In nigeria there is no communication whatsoever btwn government and university studies(which is pivotial to the economy).The list is long ....you tell me in one area where u think nigeria is better than kenya
How are you my Kenyan-Nigerian friend ?..How is lekki grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by alexxo11(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2018
mtis:

How are you my Kenyan-Nigerian friend ?..How is lekki grin
haha mtis unataka nifungue file yako....hehe im good my nigerian friend...tho im currently in madrid....nilikuitia pombe ukahepa!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Who said he was the richest before or are you deliberately misquoting me? He's one of the richest. That is what I said. Only Dangote, and probably Adenuga are wealthier than Chagoury. Of course Indians have less influence in Nigeria because there are 25,000 Indians in Nigeria compared to Kenya with over 80,000 Indians. This means there are 13 Indians in Kenya for every Indian in Nigeria per capita. This is despite the massive exit of Indians in the 60's after they were persecuted by the Kenyan government. The population was as high as almost 180,000 in 1962 which would have made them a large chunk of a far less populated Kenya at the time.

What I don't understand is your insinuation that Kenyans are "slaves" because Indians are successful in Kenya. You can argue whatever you wish without distasteful comments like that.
Brother chaguory isn't relevant like that oo.
It seems you don't know much about our country by saying that

(1) (2) (3) ... (1763) (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.