Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6219204 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 4:09pm On May 21, 2018
alexxo11:
thats not my proof sir...im talking about ...[b]1.light,in kenya its 24/7....in nigeria there is no light...you guys even contribute to buy transformers ......in kenya transformers are property of the government and no citizen contributes to buying of it (except thru taxes offcourse) 2.Water is always available in most houses in nairobi and kenya.Ok this i will say its because of electricity which pumps the water to every household.3.drinage...i lived in lekki and when it rained ...the place became a swimmingpool...yes nairobi is almost the same but in "bigboy" areas like lekki its a shame.rich neighbourhoods in nairobi cannot have drinage issues .4.Every kenyan student who studies in kenyan universities can always get a loan from the government ...it is called HELB. you can google.In nigeria there is no communication whatsoever btwn government and university studies(which is pivotial to the economy).[/b]The list is long ....you tell me in one area where u think nigeria is better than kenya
I just wanna counter some of ur claims, not about which is better or not.
1..... electricity.. Nigeria is poor in electricity but not as poor as saying "there's no light in Nigeria" I stay in Lagos and I enjoy between 18-20hrs supply, some areas maybe poorer than that n some may be better and some are worse. Nobody is contributing to buy transformer in Nigeria, stop ur bogus claims.

2...... access to water supply in Nigeria is about 70% in Nigeria.

3..... Lagos is a city that's close to d Atlantic Ocean, u can expect flooding, only the island part of d city are prone to flood, depending on d depth of d ocean. Even some states in the US are not excluded from floods.

4...... Nigerian student gets grants, not even loans.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 4:23pm On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Now you are hurting our Kenyan brothers and you know how brightly they glow and burn when they see your comments. So are we on safe grounds if we called Kenya Little India?

Nigga,call us Little Swaziland or Vietnam if it makes you feel better! That you seek emotional release from a genius on nowenuse's level says more about you than your increasingly idiotic redundant posts ever will.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:40pm On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Now you are hurting our Kenyan brothers and you know how brightly they glow and burn when they see your comments. So are we on safe grounds if we called Kenya Little India?

Hahaha, you said it. They are now glowing and burning. Lol

kikuyu1:

Nigga,call us Little Swaziland or Vietnam if it makes you feel better! That you seek emotional release from a genius on nowenuse's level says more about you than your increasingly idiotic redundant posts ever will.
TayserMahiri

Kenya is India's little colony. Lol

The only African country where Indians are the first class citizens.

And the Bantus allowed it to continue due to their extreme obsession and worship of light skin.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:18pm On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
I can see you are trying hard to be politically correct here. It's good as it will help sooth the Kenyans' frayed nerves. They have been so angry lately by all the exposure here. But to be honest,you are wrong, bro. Their economy is not as sophisticated as they have made you believe. We've shown that in IT Nigeria leads them, in agriculture we rake in more money per capita than Little India, in manufacturing, our PMI is higher, in spite of poor power supply. Nigeria exports cars and boats, little India doesn't. The only thing they seem to enjoy more is power supply-this is due to corruption in our power sector, heck! Even Togo and Benin republic enjoy more power supply especially in their capitals. So Nigeria deserves a lot of respect and when I say that I don't mean our stupid leaders. How come Kenya a country of just 48 m and relative peace is struggling hard with Nigeria, a country of 180 m with about 50m northerners who are mostly illiterate and backward, in terms of developmental stats? That's the question you should ask. If the Kenyans understand this little fact, they will weep.

Thank you so much for continuing to at least defend Nigeria before these little kenyan brats.

Obi1kenobi, We know how terrible Nigeria is compared to where we are supposed to be, but we have proved to Kenyans from the beginning of this thread that even if anyone should point a finger at Nigerians, it can never be Kenyans.

The thing about Kenyans is that they do a lot of sweet-talking and positive-hyping and bragging about Kenya to the extent that if you are not careful enough, you will begin to fall for their lies.

I was almost falling for their lies not until I really did some good research and discovered that yes, Kenya is actually better than Nigeria in some aspects, but Nigeria is better than Kenya in many more aspects.

I really give Obaaderemi some thumbs up for having the patience to reply these Kenyans. I have given up a long time ago.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:04pm On May 21, 2018
254tobby:

I told you before these links,blogs that you're struggling to post might be misleading and as you know most of them are claimed and posted by white people,there's nothing you're telling me as facts,I won't continue to argue with you because you're feeling bitter and jealous,concetrate on the whack of your so called giant,even you don't know Kenya's history before and you're busy trying to fight me..

JUST SHUT UP IF YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT KENYA,THESE LINKS ARE JUST PEDDLED WITH RUMOURS BY BLOGGERS WHO ARE HATERS and I guess those bloggers are mostly Nigerians.
Nobody is trying to fight you but it's obvious you know little of your own country and happenings there. That or you are being deliberately dishonest. Mpesa, Mobius, Safaricom and many more are creations of foreigners in Kenya. Heck, even your number one ICT hub ihub or whatever it's called was started by a foreigner. Before you fly off the handle again and bare your teeth at me- I am not saying that is bad but I am just giving you facts. Facts are a biitch.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:11pm On May 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Of course Kenya is a poor economy and not sophisticated in any way. But who brought up the "sophisticated" talk?You did.So why get hot under the collar when someone else used the same term in another context?Do you realize how much effect drought has on the Kenyan economy? This past year it has led to inflation and hunger. That tells you the economy is still tied to agriculture. And some tourism too. That's the same way Nigeria's economy tailspins with poor oil prices. But even with that, did Nigeria not get out of recession? The kind of argument some of you bring here is appalling. I tell you again, in Africa big multiethnic countries are difficult to manage and if Kenya with its relatively small population is struggling in terms of stats with a chaotic behemoth, it shows that small country is really suffering. By the way, sensible Kenyans themselves know their economy is not diversified at all:

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/04/12/why-we-fail-to-diversify-economy_c1741509

This is one factor people like Obi1kenobi usually find difficult to understand.

Larger countries are usually more difficult to manage, especially if all the natural criteria in the making of a comparatively bigger and smaller country are the same.

I know that the analogy of China being bigger and better than Nigeria comes in, but I think that this is a completely unfair analogy. China is almost a mono-ethnic nation, quite uniform with 98% of the people of the country being of one ethnicity. The Chinese also have an extremely different civilization, history, cultures and foreign colonialism compared to Black Africans.

So, I think it would only be fair if we compared people of similar backgrounds and histories in comparatively smaller and bigger countries and assess the discrepancies in their development statuses.

So, let us begin with the ethnic Han Chinese for example. See how much better Taiwan, Singapore & Hong Kong are compared to China.
All these countries are dominated by the same ethnic Han Chinese people, yet the smaller ones are more progressive. Yes, we can argue that the systems of government in these countries differ, but however, these people have similar cultures, histories and outlook of life and this at least gives us a basis of comparison.

Look at Malaysia/Indonesia/Philippines and Brunei.
These countries are all dominated by the same Malayo-Polynesian people, who had similar histories, cultures, civilizations and values. Apart from Philippines with a christian majority, the rest are muslim majority.

So, let us ask ourselves, why is Brunei which is the smallest of all these nations the most progressive?
Why is Malaysia which is smaller than Indonesia more progressive than Indonesia?

After decades of the partitioning independence of India, Pakistan immediately outpaced India in developmental strides with a very wide margin. How on earth could this easily happen if not for the huge population difference?
It was not until the 80s when some politicians brought in Islamic fundamentalism into Pakistani politics that India started catching up with Paki in terms of development and slowly outpacing them, but even at that, India still has a larger percentage (mind you, not population) of poor people. Pakistan is still better than India in many aspects in spite of the issues of terrorism.
Let us not even bring in Sri Lanka here which is smaller than both countries and is clear more progressive than both.

I am not concluding that this scenario plays out in all cases, but at least this should give us a clear picture of how the analogy of population in managing a country plays out.

Kikuyu1, TayserMahiri

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:27pm On May 21, 2018
Nowenuse:

This is one factor people like Obi1kenobi usually find difficult to understand.

Larger countries are usually more difficult to manage, especially if all the natural criteria in the making of a comparatively bigger and smaller country are the same.

I know that the analogy of China being bigger and better than Nigeria comes in, but I think that this is a completely unfair analogy. China is almost a mono-ethnic nation, quite uniform with 98% of the people of the country being of one ethnicity. The Chinese also have an extremely different civilization, history, cultures and foreign colonialism compared to Black Africans.

So, I think it would only be fair if we compared people of similar backgrounds and histories in comparatively smaller and bigger countries and assess the discrepancies in their development statuses.

So, let us begin with the ethnic Han Chinese for example. See how much better Taiwan, Singapore & Hong Kong are compared to China.
All these countries are dominated by the same ethnic Han Chinese people, yet the smaller ones are more progressive. Yes, we can argue that the systems of government in these countries differ, but however, these people have similar cultures, histories and outlook of life and this at least gives us a basis of comparison.

Look at Malaysia/Indonesia/Philippines and Brunei.
These countries are all dominated by the same Malayo-Polynesian people, who had similar histories, cultures, civilizations and values. Apart from Philippines with a christian majority, the rest are muslim majority.

So, let us ask ourselves, why is Brunei which is the smallest of all these nations the most progressive?
Why is Malaysia which is smaller than Indonesia more progressive than Indonesia?

After decades of the partitioning independence of India, Pakistan immediately outpaced India in developmental strides with a very wide margin. How on earth could this easily happen if not for the huge population difference?
It was not until the 80s when some politicians brought in Islamic fundamentalism into Pakistani politics that India started catching up with Paki in terms of development and slowly outpacing them, but even at that, India still has a larger percentage (mind you, not population) of poor people. Pakistan is still better than India in many aspects in spite of the issues of terrorism.
Let us not even bring in Sri Lanka here which is smaller than both countries and is clear more progressive than both.

I am not concluding that this scenario plays out in all cases, but at least this should give us a clear picture of how the analogy of population in managing a country plays out.

Kikuyu1, TayserMahiri
This is exactly what I was trying to tell Obikenobi but his attempts at political correctness in favour of these lying Little Indians stood in the way of comprehension for him. I even put it clearly that the African bend to the whole affair is the reason why it's difficult to manage large multiethnic countries like Nigeria, but for reasons best known to him he stuck to China as a case study as if China and any African country share similar historical or political background. Only clever people would appreciate the brilliant stuff you put up there. Many thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:43pm On May 21, 2018
theenchanter:
what I discovered about d difference between Nigerian n Kenyan universities is that.....majority of Kenyan universities are sited in Nairobi while Nigerian universities are scattered across d country. 22 out of the 59 Kenyan universities captured in that ranking are based in Nairobi while 149 Nigerian universities are captured, the state with the highest number of universities in Nigeria is Ogun with 14 universities.

Another thing is that 4 out of the 9 Kenyan universities in the top 200 are private while only 6 out of d 40 Nigerian universities in top 200 are private, the rest are public.

Thank you. This is exactly the reason why a country like Kenya would never be taken seriously.
Everything about Kenya is in Nairobi.

Take away Nairobi from Kenya and Somalia would be better than the outcome.

You see, this is one reason why people think Kenya is better than Nigeria.
Since the Independence of Kenya, the Kenyan government has spent virtually all it's money into Nairobi alone. Why do you think Nairobi has the largest slums in the world?
There are no opportunities elsewhere in Kenya, hence every Kenyan from the nook and crannies of Kenya want to live in Nairobi...

If not for the secessionist agitations of the coastal swahilis of Kenya, the Kenyan govt would have never thought of developing Mombasa (the major port city of Kenya).

Haven't you wondered why Kenya is still an overwhelmingly rural country?

Nigeria on the other hand is a predominantly urban country and the country through the state governments simultaneously manage dozens of cities and urban areas.

Take me for instance, I am from a middle class Nigerian family. My father was also from a middle class family, likewise my grandfather.
We have never really known what poverty is in my lineage for generations now. With all this, neither I nor any of my family members or even extended families have lived in Lagos or had any connection with Lagos. Neither of us live in Abuja either. And there are so many million others like me all over Nigeria.

In a country like Kenya, this is almost non-existent. Almost every middle class kenyan or at least 90% of Kenya's middle class live in Nairobi.

If anyone here doubts me, let all the Kenyans here tell you where they live or earn their living from, it is always Nairobi.

There are over 40 million middle-class Nigerians and majority of us do not live in Lagos or even have any connection with Lagos.

This tells you how uneven development is in Kenya compared to Nigeria. This is why no reasonable person should take Kenya with high esteem or any seriousness when it comes to the kind of development they brag about in their country.

Obi1kenobi, Obaaderemi, TayserMahiri, kikuyu1

9 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 6:49pm On May 21, 2018
rvp20182:
Kenya north is worse than that. That 2/3 of Kenya that is semi-arid has some shocking stats - because of years of neglect and harsh climate - but we are doing something about it - building infrastructure & sending more money to those regions. The Kenya that functions is mostly 1/3 that lies in small corridor that is arable and has infrastructure.Kenya's north is very similar to Nigeria's - occuppied by the mostly muslim pastoralist that practise mostly retrogressive cultures - you've got Hausa-Fulani - we have mostly Oromo-Somalis - same stubborn afro-asiatic. Poverty was as high as 90% recently - now it's dropped drastically to 60% - illeteracy is also very high.

But still while only 10% of kenya can be described as arable..Nigeria has 40% of it's arable.

And I ask you again, What's the population of northern Kenya when the whole of Kenya is just 48m? I wonder why its always hard for you Little Indians to put things in perspective.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:01pm On May 21, 2018
[
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:01pm On May 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

There are not more Nigerian unis there. UI has been the only ranked Nigerian school for many years, though schools like UNN, Unilag and even recently CU have made consideration shortlists, but never made the list. UI is ranked there with University of Nairobi. University of Nairobi ranked higher in the 2016 list:
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/best-universities-in-africa-2016
You really should be ashamed of this post,bro. I gave you 4icu which placed five Nigerian universities above anything Kenyan except UoN, you claimed the ranking was not good enough since it didn't favour the Kenyans. You suggested Times Higher Education ranking, I gave you the 2018 ranking where one of the Nigerian universities you claimed are hellholes and always ranked behind Kenyan universities- tied at number 11 with Kenya's best university. You felt bad and had to fish out a 2016 ranking in your spirited bid to discredit Nigeria. Na wa o. It's best to leave you to your conscience and quit responding to you. Once again, Na wa o.

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2018
Nowenuse:

Thank you. This is exactly the reason why a country like Kenya would never be taken seriously.

Since the Independence of Kenya, the Kenyan government has spent virtually all it's money into Nairobi alone. Why do you think Nairobi has the largest slums in the world?
There are no opportunities elsewhere in Kenya, hence every Kenyan from the nook and crannies of Kenya want to live in Nairobi...

If not for the secessionist agitations of the coastal swahilis of Kenya, the Kenyan govt would have never thought of developing Mombasa (the major port city of Kenya).

Nigeria on the other hand is a predominantly urban country and the country through the state governments simultaneously manage dozens of cities and urban areas.

Take me for instance, I am from a middle class Nigerian family. My father was also from a middle class family, likewise my grandfather.
We have never really known what poverty is in my lineage for generations now. With all this, neither I nor any of my family members or even extended families have lived in Lagos or had any connection with Lagos. Neither of us live in Abuja either. And there are so many million others like me all over Nigeria.

In a country like Kenya, this is almost non-existent. Almost every middle class kenyan or at least 90% of Kenya's middle class live in Nairobi.

If anyone here doubts me, let all the Kenyans here tell you where they live or earn their living from, it is always Nairobi.

There are over 40 million middle-class Nigerians and majority of us do not live in Lagos or even have any connection with Lagos.

This tells you how uneven development is in Kenya compared to Nigeria. This is why no reasonable person should take Kenya with high esteem or any seriousness when it comes to the kind of development they brag about in their country.

Obi1kenobi, Obaaderemi, TayserMahiri, kikuyu1
We know this is a real fact

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 7:18pm On May 21, 2018
Nowenuse:

Obi1ke.nobi, Obaader.emi, Tayser.Mahiri, kiku.yu1
yeah, that's true...most parts of Kenya are rural at 74%. I think their govt is tackling that by asking their county governors to channel 30% of their allocations n revenue to development.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 7:56pm On May 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

What the hell is there to "twist and turn" about a straightforward comment? I made a simple comment that B is more sophisticated than A and you turned it into an argument about whether B is sophisticated or not. Who is doing the "twisting and turning"?
China has a dominant group of ethnic Hans, but there are about 45 ethnicities including Uygurs, Manchurians, Mongols, Tibetans etc. Nigeria has far less ethnic groups than people make out. It's a country where people that are so closely related that there is little more than dialectic differences like Isokos and Urhobos, or several Igboid groups in the South South claim to be distinct ethnic groups. Nigeria only ranks 18th in ethnic diversity in the world. Countries like South Africa, Kenya and Ghana and even Gabon are ranked above us:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_ranked_by_ethnic_and_cultural_diversity_level

Nigeria's problems has nothing to do with the complexity of governing multiple ethnicities. Endemic corruption and profound incompetence in leadership and an unworkable governance system has nothing to do with how many ethnic groups Nigeria has. What makes it the more silly is that in the face of the so-called "complexity", we employ a Unitary system of government rather than embrace Federalism. Whose fault is that?

QS and Times Higher Education are credible internationally cited rankings. No one cares about 4icu and Webometrics and their weird rankings.

You my friend are not being fair in your analogies.

China is populated 98% by ethnic Han chinese. The minorities in China are just there on paper. They absolutely have no say how the central government is run. They even barely have control over their own state governments. So, bringing in a country like China when we are talking of multi-ethnicity in comparison to that of Nigeria, I see it as very dumb (I'm sorry if my statement appears harsh).

As for South Africa, Kenya, Ghana etc , you also forget that these countries also have a form a majority uniform population under one criterion or the other, which at least offers some form of workability or similarity in reasoning.

Both Kenya and SA have a black bantu christian majority population. In Ghana, the Akan people and the Christians are the majority with over half of the population.
So, in most of these countries, the minority ethnic, racial or religious groups usually accept the leadership of the majority to an extent, with little or no opposition.

Nigeria right from time has never had a majority in anything! If you think we do, please show me.

In religion we are 50/50 christian/muslim and both religions are at loggerheads over domination.

There is no ethnic majority in Nigeria as the yorubas, Igbos and Hausas have equal majority status in Nigeria with almost equal population and are always at loggerheads.

Now, this was why we had a decentralized regional govt in the past which to a large extent favoured our development.
However, don't forget that minority groups which comprise almost 40% of Nigeria's population were under 'pains and bondage' during the regional govts.

Although of course, a regional govt was still a better option, but it still did not enliminate the ethno-religious rivalry in Nigeria, did it? It was that still the same rivalry that brought about the first coup that led us to the civil war, or not?
Other groups or religion would still feel dissatisfied about the domination of one ethnic group or religion at the central government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Igboid: 8:00pm On May 21, 2018
Nowenuse:

You my friend are not being fair in your analogies.

China is populated 98% by ethnic Han chinese. The minorities in China are just there on paper. They absolutely have no say how the central government is run. They even barely have control over their own state governments. So, bringing in a country like China when we are talking of multi-ethnicity in comparison to that of Nigeria, I see it as very dumb (I'm sorry if my statement appears harsh).

As for South Africa, Kenya, Ghana etc , you also forget that these countries also have a form a majority uniform population under one criterion or the other, which at least offers some form of workability or similarity in reasoning.

Both Kenya and SA have a black bantu christian majority population. In Ghana, the Akan people and the Christians are the majority with over half of the population.
So, in most of these countries, the minority ethnic, racial or religious groups usually accept the leadership of the majority to an extent, with little or no opposition.

Nigeria right from time has never had a majority in anything! If you think we do, please show me.

In religion we are 50/50 christian/muslim and both religions are at loggerheads over domination.

There is no ethnic majority in Nigeria as the yorubas, Igbos and Hausas have equal majority status in Nigeria with almost equal population and are always at loggerheads.

Now, this was why we had a decentralized regional govt in the past which to a large extent favoured our development.
However, don't forget that minority groups which comprise almost 40% of Nigeria's population were under 'pains and bondage' during the regional govts.

Although of course, a regional govt was still a better option, but it still did not enliminate the ethno-religious rivalry in Nigeria, did it? It was that still the same rivalry that brought about the first coup that led us to the civil war, or not?
Other groups or religion would still feel dissatisfied about the domination of one ethnic group or religion at the central government.

Arrgh, bless your soul.
You saved me valuable time I would have used to debunk the guy's ill informed opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 8:20pm On May 21, 2018
rvp20182:
Size is not an excuse. And Northern Nigeria is also not an excuse. Kenya has it's northern problem - way more problematic than Nigeria - because 2/3 of Kenya is Arid and Semi-Arid - inhabited mostly by muslim Somalis & Oromos with lots of Alshabab activities. The problem with Nigeria is OIL. And then really bad leadership - military generals after military generals.

Like Obaaderemi told you, the problems of northern Nigeria is bigger than that of northern Kenya. What is the population of muslim somalis, oromos etc in comparison with other Kenyans?
In Nigeria, our northern muslims are extremely large in numbers. They have more political representations and seats that the progressive southern christians...

That of Nigeria is like a living man carrying a dead man his own weight and running while that of Kenya is like a living man carrying a dead chicken running.. ..

Besides, northern nigeria is also facing serious desertification issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 3:46am On May 22, 2018
Nigeria has to start spending alot in the North. It's a shame that a country like Nigeria has a literacy rate of around 56%(wherein Nigerians are among the most educated in the U.S.), age expectancy of 55, and still has polio...

Nigeria also has to some how force the northerners to stop practicing backward practices such as underage marriage, and even almajirism.

Chai! Nigeria has a long way to go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 5:28am On May 22, 2018
Sipping tea while reading through.....insights from both sides. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:48am On May 22, 2018
samsobo24:
I am not even using Nigeria, I said Lagos economy is not dependent on oil and yet its economy is bigger than kenya

What if the ongoing projects in Lagos are completed, it means Lagos economy will supercede East Africa's Economy.

You have no Excuse for your failure and inability

So we won't breath because the economy of Lagos is simply bigger than that of Kenya's?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:46am On May 22, 2018
The excuse about size or north nigeria dragging her down is baseless.What would countries north of nigeria say.Nigeria in 70s and 80s after the oil boom basically left their farms for towns...their agricluture collapsed and now you got slum cities without electricity or running water or sewage or tarmac road..a city like kano or ibandan if you look at its picture would shock you...huge slumpolis if there was one.and huge swatch of empty land.Our company recently move to Nigeria and by most account rhe amount of ffallow land is straggering.Over reliance of OIL has completely destroyed nigeria..what was suppose to be a blessing is now an albatrosss on Nigeria giant neck.Kenya on the contary has it easy except for bad governance and pop growth ..both which are now improving or on check...and there is no doubt will soon be a proper middle class country soon.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:42am On May 22, 2018
obaaderemi:
Nobody is trying to fight you but it's obvious you know little of your own country and happenings there. That or you are being deliberately dishonest. Mpesa, Mobius, Safaricom and many more are creations of foreigners in Kenya. Heck, even your number one ICT hub ihub or whatever it's called was started by a foreigner. Before you fly off the handle again and bare your teeth at me- I am not saying that is bad but I am just giving you facts. Facts are a biitch.

Mpesa founders
1.Susie Lonie (British)
2. Mr Webb (British)
SAFARICOM FOUNDER
1. Michael Joseph
M-PESA is the Project (with a capital P) when we talk about mobile money, technology leapfrogging, innovation, or financial inclusion. Launched in Kenya in 2007, this project has revolutionized the life of millions of Africans. Susie Lonie, co-founder of the project, narrates the history behind the scenes.
M-PESA was born thanks to a Challenge Fund set up by the department of international development of the UK government, which supported any industry that could find a way to deepen financial inclusion in certain African countries. The co-founder of M-PESA, Nick Hughes cry cry, was head of Vodafone Group’s corporate social responsibility at that time. After doing much research to prove that mobile phones would benefit the emerging markets, he wanted to do something more constructive to move things forward. I was head of m-commerce for Vodafone UK group at that time, he came along to discuss some ideas with me, and we decided to apply to the Challenge Fund.
After several months’ technical development with a small team of about 6 external consultants, our pilot started in October 2005 with 500 customers and around 15 agents. The idea was to use mobile phones to do micro-finance loan repayment. The pilot ended in May 2006, and by that time our customers began to do business together and sent money to each other through our service.
We convinced Safaricom to launch M-PESA as a financial service product rather than a simple loan repayment product, and we launched in March 2007. The team that we put together in Kenya was absolutely outstanding with excellent people who worked incredibly long hours and they commercialized the product extremely well.
https://www.leadersleague.com/en/news/susie-lonie-m-pesa-i-knew-it-was-going-to-be-big

Michael Joseph reveals that he started Safaricom at Norfolk apartment
Read more at:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/business/article/2001256245/michael-joseph-i-am-not-wealthy-despite-illustrious-career

“The ingredients I used to make Safaricom are not the same as those needed to make Kenya Airways a success.”

I tried so hard to find any MEGA project embarked by "Black Kenyans " online but couldn't..... cry cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:50am On May 22, 2018
theenchanter:
yeah, that's true...most parts of Kenya are rural at 74%. I think their govt is tackling that by asking their county governors to channel 30% of their allocations n revenue to development.
The only open minded Kenya ever !! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:54am On May 22, 2018
nwoke37:
Nigeria has to start spending alot in the North. It's a shame that a country like Nigeria has a literacy rate of around 56%(wherein Nigerians are among the most educated in the U.S.), age expectancy of 55, and still has polio...

Nigeria also has to some how force the northerners to stop practicing backward practices such as underage marriage, and even almajirism.

but i feel some northern states are more developed(Kano,Kaduna) than southern states(Abia.Ebonyi) and even more literate , take Kastina for example,
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:56am On May 22, 2018
nwoke37:

This can only happen when

1) The South/Middlebelt regions of Nigeria unite politically and completely wrestle power away from the north. If they are being controlled effectively from the FG, they could be forced to abandon their backward practices.

2) We fight for the implementation of fiscal federalism. This option would be more difficult than the former if you ask me.

3) A strong national youth movement involving progressive northern youths, to aggressively campaign for western educational passion among the northern masses and the end to all their backward cultures like underage marriage etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:33pm On May 22, 2018
rvp2018:
The excuse about size or north nigeria dragging her down is baseless.What would countries north of nigeria say.Nigeria in 70s and 80s after the oil boom basically left their farms for towns...their agricluture collapsed and now you got slum cities without electricity or running water or sewage or tarmac road..a city like kano or ibandan if you look at its picture would shock you...huge slumpolis if there was one.and huge swatch of empty land.Our company recently move to Nigeria and by most account rhe amount of ffallow land is straggering.Over reliance of OIL has completely destroyed nigeria..what was suppose to be a blessing is now an albatrosss on Nigeria giant neck.Kenya on the contary has it easy except for bad governance and pop growth ..both which are now improving or on check...and there is no doubt will soon be a proper middle class country soon.

It is easier said than experienced. You can only compare the experience of the effect of Nigeria's backward northern muslims if you imagine Kenya as one country with Somalia.

Now imagine Kenya as one country together with Somalia and the retrogressive Islamized Somalians and other islamized tribes to the north of Kenya have a larger population and dominate Kenya's politics. That is when you will understand what Nigeria is going through.

We are not arguing with you that over-independence on crude oil affects Nigeria. All, we are saying is that, it is not the only problem and it is not as bad as you think it is. This was the reason why when world oil price fell by almost 70% some years ago and Nigeria went into recession, yet we still came out of recession in less than 2 years in spite of the low oil price. What does that tell you?

Another problem Nigeria had was the proliferation of states by our past military regimes. Had it been we had maintained the first 12 Nigerian states created in 1967. Our cities would have had a far better look than they are now.
Nigeria's first 12 states were large in size and were more viable and productive, hence the states had more money to maintain their various capital cities and develop them well.
However, as you know, everything comes with it pros and cons. With the 12 states, more ethnic groups and sub-ethnic groups still complained of marginalization and the fact that the government was far away from them. Some of these states were still so large that it would take almost a day's journey from the interior/fringe rural areas to their state capitals.

The proliferation of Nigerian states brought about the creation of more city state capitals and increased Nigeria's urbanization and even development.

This is one thing that would take your Kenya decades to achieve. Kenya's uneven development is terrible. Almost everything in Kenya is situated in Nairobi and this is why every Kenyan wants to migrate to Nairobi, hence Nairobi having the largest slums in the world.

It would be much easier for Nigeria to achieve an industrialized and high middle-class population economy than your Kenya which is largely rural and unevenly developed.
In a country like Kenya with 50 million people, urbanization/development of only Nairobi and Mombasa is not enough to create a sfrong middle class population.

From every corner of Nigeria and even in the most arid parts of Nigeria we have large cities which could easily serve as economic centres.
If I ask you now, how many cities are there in Kenya's semi arid north? I guess none! All of them have to migrate to Nairobi to live in an urban area. Terrible!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 12:47pm On May 22, 2018
68816419:

but i feel some northern states are more developed(Kano,Kaduna) than southern states(Abia.Ebonyi) and even more literate , take Kastina for example,

Kano & Kaduna might have more urban development than most southern cities, but the human development is quite poor.
Poverty and illiteracy is still higher in both states.

Abia might not have a more developed urban area but the poverty rates in the state are lower and the citizens are more educated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 22, 2018
alexxo11:
haha mtis unataka nifungue file yako....hehe im good my nigerian friend...tho im currently in madrid....nilikuitia pombe ukahepa!

Hi my Kenyan traveler. How is Madrid. Seen any beautiful Senorita there (she gt to be a brunette grin).About the other ting kupewa tutapewa.mie ndo nitachafua meza. grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 22, 2018
"Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult back home, but they have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking".

Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 22, 2018
Guys you gt read this...An why we call naija a poo coz dudes eat poo there ..

Re: Retired Yahoo Boy Exposes Ritual Methods, Speaks On Eating Poo, Sex With Ladies

https://www.nairaland.com/4517382/retired-yahoo-boy-exposes-ritual
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:38pm On May 22, 2018
Nigeria vs Atletico Madrid gonna start in 24 mins... grin Tune in to supersport now ..
grin

Gonna post pics and details of the game later just to intimidate that Kenyan who thought Hull city playing in Nairobi last week was a big deal grin

PS: the result of the game won't matter cus its strictly super eagles non world cup bound players vs Atletico non world cup bound players too. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2018
Nigeria vs Atletico Madrid gonna start in 24 mins... grin Tune in to supersport now ..
grin

Gonna post pics and details of the game later just to intimidate that Kenyan who thought Hull city playing in Nairobi last week was a big deal grin

PS: the result of the game won't matter cus its strictly super eagles non world cup bound players vs Atletico non world cup bound players too. grin

Nigeria+ La liga partnership grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:52pm On May 22, 2018
Nairobi can't compete with lagos.

Enjoy the GDP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2S7aqZgn2E

(1) (2) (3) ... (1764) (1765) (1766) (1767) (1768) (1769) (1770) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.