Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God (6324 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? / Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by Image123(m): 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
hahn:

A life without an imaginary god. Simple

As opposed to empty promises and grand delusions of paradise in a life that has not been proven to exist undecided

A life without God provides nothing. The psychological cushion you claimed comes from theism is better than no cushion at all. Your fellow atheists know how much it has helped a lot of people who were without hope. how it has brought a lot of healing(even when you explain/reason them away). At least it did that. The peace and joy that godliness has ensued is unquantifiable compared to a life without God.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by HardMirror(m): 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
Image123:

A life without God provides nothing. The psychological cushion you claimed comes from theism is better than no cushion at all. Your fellow atheists know how much it has helped a lot of people who were without hope. how it has brought a lot of healing(even when you explain/reason them away). At least it did that. The peace and joy that godliness has ensued is unquantifiable compared to a life without God.
You sound like an agnostic that has weighed his options and decided it's better to live in a world of christianity albeit a false sense of security and comfort.

1 Like

Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by Image123(m): 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
HardMirror:

You sound like an agnostic that has weighed his options and decided it's better to live in a world of christianity albeit a false sense of security and comfort.
Lol, you sound like an unbeliever on the broad way to perdition.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by HardMirror(m): 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Image123:

Lol, you sound like an unbeliever on the broad way to perdition.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
You seem to forget sango and amadioha can also punish those who don't believe in them. So keep your petty perdition to yourself
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by Image123(m): 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
HardMirror:

You seem to forget sango and amadioha can also punish those who don't believe in them. So keep your petty perdition to yourself

Thanks for reminding me. But you seem to be the only one that remembers. You sound like i said though, i do facts not fiction.
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by hahn(m): 6:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
Image123:

A life without God provides nothing.

What do you mean by "nothing"? False promises? undecided

The psychological cushion you claimed comes from theism is better than no cushion at all. Your fellow atheists know how much it has helped a lot of people who were without hope. how it has brought a lot of healing(even when you explain/reason them away).

Still doesn't make it real. You believe Yahweh is great, some believe in Zeus. It doesn't make either of them real. That is the point here

At least it did that. The peace and joy that godliness has ensued is unquantifiable compared to a life without God.

Lol. Anyone can lie to himself. Only theists take it an extra mile by believing the lie.

Well, whatever makes you happy. Just acknowledge it isn't real. That's all smiley
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2016
realmindz:

According to your religion, ur indoctrination, ur delusions...if u had been born in Saudi Arabia, u will never be saying the same thing at this moment.
Goodmorning Sir, hope ur nyt was cool.
I have dis msg for u from my father in d Lord, Pst E. A. Adeboye
OPEN HEAVEN DEVOTIONAL 2016

Monday September 12, 2016

THE ALMIGHTY GOD 

Memorise : For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all earth.- Romans 9:17

Read: Exodus 5:1-4

5:1 And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.

5:2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go.

5:3 And they said, The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: let us go, we pray thee, three days' journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the Lord our God; lest he fall upon us with pestilence, or with the sword.

5:4 And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.

God is the creator of Heaven and earth. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and last, the one who knows all things and can do all things. All power in Heaven and on earth belongs to Him, which is why He is called the Almighty God. Though it is not possible for man to fully comprehend God, but a better understanding of His creative power, wisdom and authority can be made visible by considering the works of His hands according to Psalms 8:3-4:

“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; what is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?”

Consequent to the almightiness of God, whenever He says yes, one cannot help but wonder why anyone would try to oppose Him. But from time immemorial, human beings have been found in opposition to the Almighty God, all to their own detriment. Striving against God is the fruitless opposition of the ungodly to God’s will and purpose and to the struggle of the righteous as they seek to obey God’s commandments.

Many so-called Christians today are equally striving against God by holding a worldview that is contrary to the Word of God and by their sinful words and immoral actions. Incidentally, some are ignorantly striving against God like Apostle Paul in Acts 26:14

“And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.”

It does not matter who anybody may do, if God says yes, no one can say no. God says in Isaiah 46:10

“…. My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.”

Also Proverbs 19:21says :

“There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.”

Do not resist the Holy Spirit, or be found arguing with God. Don’t ever try to attack God’s people or practice unbelief, lest you be found guilty of striving against God.

PRAYER POINT :
Father, please don’t let me ever be found in opposition to your Word in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Jeremiah 38:7-40:16;
Psalms 56
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 8:46am On Sep 12, 2016
hahn:

The god Jehovah you serve is as puny, tiny, imaginary and incompetent as all other gods smiley
I have dis msg for u dis morning from my father in d Lord, Pst E. A. Adeboye

THE ALMIGHTY GOD 

Memorise : For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all earth.- Romans 9:17

5:1 And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and told Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Let my people go, that they may hold a feast unto me in the wilderness.

5:2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel go.

5:3 And they said, The God of the Hebrews hath met with us: let us go, we pray thee, three days' journey into the desert, and sacrifice unto the Lord our God; lest he fall upon us with pestilence, or with the sword.

5:4 And the king of Egypt said unto them, Wherefore do ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their works? get you unto your burdens.

God is the creator of Heaven and earth. He is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and last, the one who knows all things and can do all things. All power in Heaven and on earth belongs to Him, which is why He is called the Almighty God. Though it is not possible for man to fully comprehend God, but a better understanding of His creative power, wisdom and authority can be made visible by considering the works of His hands according to Psalms 8:3-4:

“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; what is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?”

Consequent to the almightiness of God, whenever He says yes, one cannot help but wonder why anyone would try to oppose Him. But from time immemorial, human beings have been found in opposition to the Almighty God, all to their own detriment. Striving against God is the fruitless opposition of the ungodly to God’s will and purpose and to the struggle of the righteous as they seek to obey God’s commandments.

Many so-called Christians today are equally striving against God by holding a worldview that is contrary to the Word of God and by their sinful words and immoral actions. Incidentally, some are ignorantly striving against God like Apostle Paul in Acts 26:14

“And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.”

It does not matter who anybody may do, if God says yes, no one can say no. God says in Isaiah 46:10

“There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.”

Do not resist the Holy Spirit, or be found arguing with God. Don’t ever try to attack God’s people or practice unbelief, lest you be found guilty of striving against God.

PRAYER POINT :
Father, please don’t let me ever be found in opposition to your Word in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Psalms 56
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2016
Deicide:

My broda Muhammad is the only way U need to have a good understanding of who he is

THE ALMIGHTY GOD 

PRAYER POINT :

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Psalms 56
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 8:58am On Sep 12, 2016
HardMirror:

Na today? sounds like the words of a fool to me.

THE ALMIGHTY GOD 

PRAYER POINT :

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Psalms 56
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by realmindz: 9:28am On Sep 12, 2016
4reala:

ok thank you,
next time, rather than spamming the thread by quoting each person one by one...u could ve just used one post and mention everyone u wish in that post....

My regards to your father in the Lord .

also help tell him that his Yaweh has hardened our heart so he can use us for example...help plead wit him to plead with his god to soften our heart to believe in him so we don't go to hell fire and burn forever.

and tell ur father in the Lord to be a father to you in the world and also to some of his church members in poverty and yet taking from the little in their hands as tithes...
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by hahn(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Kids stories undecided

4reala:

THE ALMIGHTY GOD 

PRAYER POINT :

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR :
Psalms 56
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2016
realmindz:

ok thank you,
next time, rather than spamming the thread by quoting each person one by one...u could ve just used one post and mention everyone u wish in that post....

My regards to your father in the Lord .

also help tell him that his Yaweh has hardened our heart so he can use us for example...help plead wit him to plead with his god to soften our heart to believe in him so we don't go to hell fire and burn forever.

and tell ur father in the Lord to be a father to you in the world and also to some of his church members in poverty and yet taking from the little in their hands as tithes...
tnx for ur correction on wat u called "spamming". And I pray dat the almighty God will open ur heart of understanding to know that he is d beginning and d end, the creator of heaven and earth and evrything therein. And loves u so much to send his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for u and me so dat we might be saved.
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 8:11am On Sep 13, 2016
hahn:
Kids stories undecided

Am very happy and have hope dat God will touch ur heart one day.
Now do u knw or have heard of dis former harded and notorious armed robbers, Anini and Shino Rambo once had desame mindset of u and d likes of Realmindz, Decide and HardMirror, in d sense dat dey dnt believe in d existence or the Power of God.
You see some pple encounter God early in life and embraced him, while some encounter him late and still embraced him, and many had d opportunity of embracing him early in life but refused to and ended up dying without Christ.
Shino Rambo is now an Evangelist. Anini was seen clutching and Reading his bible on his hospital bed before he was executed.
My broda, here is an opportunity for u. Pls accept him
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by hopefulLandlord: 8:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
4reala:
Now do u knw or have heard of dis former harded and notorious armed robbers, Anini and Shino Rambo once had desame mindset of u and d likes of Realmindz, Decide and HardMirror, in d sense dat dey dnt believe in d existence or the Power of God.
You see some pple encounter God early in life and embraced him, while some encounter him late and still embraced him, and many had d opportunity of embracing him early in life but refused to and ended up dying without Christ.
Shino Rambo is now an Evangelist. Anini was seen clutching and Reading his bible on his hospital bed before he was executed.

bullsheeet
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

bullsheeet
thank God u remembered me 2day. Watz bull sheet abt the stories They are recent events, and some of the people are very much alive for verification
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by hopefulLandlord: 8:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
4reala:
thank God u remembered me 2day. Watz bull sheet abt the stories They are recent events, and some of the people are very much alive for verification

lol, you know survival instincts is at play here?

let's imagine an atheist who was born into a Christian home grows up, finds life tough and decides to become a pastor, he has enough stories to make it seem real

"I never believed in god until.........."

"while I was living without god I ......... now I know God"

"I hated god a lot..... now I have ........."

all these and more are sermons, it preys on the psychological

and then again, you have different versions of it from other religions

you have former armed robbers who are now devoted Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans etc

so its pretty empty
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol, you know survival instincts is at play here?

let's imagine an atheist who was born into a Christian home grows up, finds life tough and decides to become a pastor, he has enough stories to make it seem real

"I never believed in god until.........."

"while I was living without god I ......... now I know God"

"I hated god a lot..... now I have ........."

all these and more are sermons, it preys on the psychological

and then again, you have different versions of it from other religions

you have former armed robbers who are now devoted Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans etc

so its pretty empty
I can see u are just trying to run away from the truth and facts. These are well known criminals, not stories. Giv me names of dose hardened criminals dat later gave their lives to athiesm. But u will find out dat it is in their state of athiesm dat dey committed such crimes but wen dey are caugth and are lucky not to be killed but imprisoned. There dey encounter God and come out a better person
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by realmindz: 9:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
4reala:

This is the height of persecution, bcus I don't share in ur delusions then u can compare me to the likes of hardened criminals?

lalasticlala seun mynd44
This is not acceptable
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by 4reala(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
realmindz:

This is the height of persecution, bcus I don't share in ur delusions then u can compare me to the likes of hardened criminals?

lalasticlala seun mynd44
This is not acceptable
my broda, abeg stop crying foul where there is none, am only given you stories of people who have embrased Christ. And begging u to do same
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by HardMirror(m): 7:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Hehehehe. Another one that got me laughing and crying all at once.
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by damogul: 8:29am On Dec 18, 2016
The OP has been exposed as a liar and a fraud. very clearly. Click below

https://www.nairaland.com/3485930/exposing-hardmirror-tale-two-mirrors
Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by EyeHateGod: 6:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
damogul:
The OP has been exposed as a liar and a fraud. very clearly. Click below

https://www.nairaland.com/3485930/exposing-hardmirror-tale-two-mirrors
You did not Expose Anything Ur thread was Filled with ranting...

2 Likes

Re: Lessons I Learned From "My 6 Year Old Brother Does Not Believe In God by HardMirror(m): 7:36am On Dec 21, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You did not Expose Anything Ur thread was Filled with ranting...
Hehehehe don't spoil damogul's joy oh. grin that is the only thing he has to celebrate as achievement this 2016, telling him he did nothing may lead to stories that touch.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? / Christians, Does God Answer A Muslim's Prayer? / The Ted Haggard Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.