Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,954 members, 7,821,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Insect Inside My Ear Please Help - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Insect Inside My Ear Please Help (36935 Views)

Little Girl Dies Of Ear Infection After 3 Lagos Hospitals Failed To Treat Her / Man Escapes Death After An Insect Bite In Rivers State (Photos) / New Killer Insect Found In Indian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Fmdipo(m): 12:22am On Sep 05, 2016
tegak10:
an insect is in my ear

it started around 8

I put water inside and then hydrogen peroxide.... I lied down face down..
I put a cutton bud inside(bad move))

I think the insect crawled inside more... is there anything I can do to sleep/remove the insect... I can't go outside rain is falling... I can only go to school clinic tomorrow... please anything to make me sleep

would I add water again

pour honey into the affected ear
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by goody1shoe73(m): 12:23am On Sep 05, 2016
tegak10:
an insect is in my ear

it started around 8

I think the insect crawled inside more... is there anything I can do to sleep/remove the insect... I can't go outside rain is falling... I can only go to school clinic tomorrow... please anything to make me sleep

should I add water again
not to worry, it will just die with time
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Alexmoses007: 12:27am On Sep 05, 2016
Sorry about the incident.

This is what you need to.
1. Get a syringe (without the needle)
2. Fill it water
3. Forcefully flush water into the affected ear

This would flush the insect out.

1 Like

Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by lepasharon(f): 12:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
Awwwwww embarassed..

Cotton swabs should be banned as they have done more harm to our ears than good angry..

Ggggrggghhh!!! The feeling of an insect in my ear scares me already embarassed.. The discomfort would be unbearable...

@ Tegak10,

Manage and sleep tonight, and hit the hospital tomorrow to see an ENT doctor..

Stop the self medication before you damage your drum, and don't forget to fling your swabs sad..

That shit gave me sleepless nights from Wednesday to Friday..

Ur not supposed to put cotton buts in ur ears anyway. They are actually for baby's fingers

1 Like

Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Rybnyk(m): 12:36am On Sep 05, 2016
[quote author=tegak10 post=49076968]an insect is in my ear

it started around 8

should I add water again[Add veg oil. It will kill the insect. add few drops o. Then lie affected ear down. ]
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Rybnyk(m): 12:38am On Sep 05, 2016
Add veg oil, it will kill the insect. add a few drops o. Then wait for a few mins and lie affected ear down.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 05, 2016
tegak10:
an insect is in my ear

it started around 8

should I add water again

NAiraland is not the hopsital, you better ignore what this people are saying before you go damage your ear.

if you can manage tonight please do and rush to the hospital first thing tommorow.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Bobbysmart6(m): 12:39am On Sep 05, 2016
tegak10:
an insect is in my ear

it started around 8

should I add water again
salt nd water can hlp.....wait o.mayb it may hlp
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Mrfixitxtech: 12:51am On Sep 05, 2016
Olive oil Could help... Do not try to send the insect more Deeper.

This Youtube video will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3fyPSumOM

What to Do If You Think There's a Bug in Your Ear

Any arthropod in your ear is a medical concern, because it can scratch or puncture your eardrum or potentially cause an infection. Even if you succeed in removing the critter, it's wise to follow-up with a visit to the doctor, to be sure your ear canal is free from any bug bits or damage that might cause problems later.

DO NOT let the person put a finger in the ear, since this may make the insect sting.

Turn the person's head so that the affected side is up, and wait to see if the insect flies or crawls out.

If this doesn't work, try pouring mineral oil, olive oil, or baby oil into the ear. As you pour the oil, pull the ear lobe gently backward and upward for an adult, or backward and downward for a child. The insect should suffocate and may float out in the oil. AVOID using oil to remove any object other than an insect, since oil can cause other kinds of objects to swell.
Even if an insect appears to come out, get medical attention. Small insect parts can irritate the sensitive skin of the ear canal.

2 Likes

Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by golor(m): 12:55am On Sep 05, 2016
Brother pour dry gin inside your ear, and wash the pain die off immediately. Have bin a victim before and that d perfect solution to it. No see any doctor, na waste of money. Pour it and turn that part of your ear down for it, to come out.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by tegak10: 1:02am On Sep 05, 2016
Alexmoses007:
Sorry about the incident.

This is what you need to.
1. Get a syringe (without the needle)
2. Fill it water
3. Forcefully flush water into the affected ear

This would flush the insect out.

so I finally begged security man n he let me out... I went to the school clinic and the doctor did the above... one tiny insect came out... I still felt something in my ear he said it's the sensation of what was there before... now 2 hours later am still feeling it.... I don't think it's the sensation... I'll see the doctor tomorrow... I still can't sleep tho

1 Like

Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by mrgafari(m): 1:13am On Sep 05, 2016
damn. I feel ur pain bro

this same thing happened to me at night class during preparations for my ican exam

each time the insect kicked or scratched my eardrum, it felt like my head was going to explode. I think I used a cotton wool to remove the insect after close to 6 hours of torture.

Trial and error is all I can prescribe but be careful with your eardrum ooo.

1 Like

Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Becina(f): 1:18am On Sep 05, 2016
nawa ooh,add this add that,won't the boy be deaf before tomorrow??
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Mopolchi: 1:26am On Sep 05, 2016
tegak10:

so I finally begged security man n he let me out... I went to the school clinic and the doctor did the above... one tiny insect came out... I still felt something in my ear he said it's the sensation of what was there before... now 2 hours later am still feeling it.... I don't think it's the sensation... I'll see the doctor tomorrow... I still can't sleep tho
Na waoh! I am speechless for now but will wish you good recovery. Revisit the doctor please.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by hectorswag(m): 1:35am On Sep 05, 2016
ladyF:
This is scary o shocked I don't even know what to say....

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again. cry cry cry

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me[/size]

Hello, do u do fiverr withdrawals too?
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by ChynoBEATS: 1:36am On Sep 05, 2016
Oluwatosean:
Dude, are you serious?

It happened to my neighbor 7yrs-8yrs ago, the dude cried n he was so restless upon the thing he was facing we kept making jest of him =) cheesy ...
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by rottenegg: 1:46am On Sep 05, 2016
Get a gun and......
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Babysho(m): 1:46am On Sep 05, 2016
tegak10:

Ehya sorry man. I can't sleep either, I'm having an intense diarrhoea.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by collinometricx: 2:16am On Sep 05, 2016
Let mhi assume u were dead or asleep as at that time ni... 4 an insect to crawl ontop of ur body to d extend of going inside ur ear... Edo pple at work or they are following frm ur village
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Nobody: 2:16am On Sep 05, 2016
Keep quiet, it is not always super natural.
ClitRaider:
How can a biting insect enter a living human's ear?!
Chai! Ogun idile re o.
OP, dem don get u.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Greenbullet(m): 2:23am On Sep 05, 2016
Philomath1212:
if you have faith, I pray for you that which is causing unease in your ear is sent out in Jesus name... for everything that has not be planted shall be uprooted... nothing will happen to you as God lives.
how does this in ANYWAY SOLVE HIS PROBLEM.just be calling God when you should be helping yourself na people like you dey go church dey shout LORD give me job!,GOD na NNPC NI or employer.

2 Likes

Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Nobody: 2:23am On Sep 05, 2016
Pray for Nigeria too, oga faith...some of you guys neglect the physical and start with spiritual. People that have info are giving practical solutions, you are here praying. God gave us resources to use for a reason...quit tempting him wink.
Philomath1212:
if you have faith, I pray for you that which is causing unease in your ear is sent out in Jesus name... for everything that has not be planted shall be uprooted... nothing will happen to you as God lives.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Vicintonsh(m): 2:25am On Sep 05, 2016
have u tried otapiapia?? tongue
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by lordlek: 2:39am On Sep 05, 2016
Ele yi. Gidigan shocked(i say this one is strong)
OPTION ONE:
just try to make the host dead and that insect will be dead as well
OPTION TWO:
Drop a little of hot softened candle wax inside your ear.....that insect will not only crawl out but fly out itself
OPTION THREE:
don't be stingy OP.....go and see a doctor to help you out with it smiley
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by lordlek: 2:43am On Sep 05, 2016
golor:
Brother pour dry gin inside your ear, and wash the pain die off immediately. Have bin a victim before and that d perfect solution to it. No see any doctor, na waste of money. Pour it and turn that part of your ear down for it, to come out.
Human killer.....hope you are not an "APE MAN" cuz.....hmmmmm undecided
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by jonbat(m): 2:45am On Sep 05, 2016
tegak10:
an insect is in my ear

it started around 8

should I add water again
IT HAPPENED TO ME IN 2001. FULL UR EAR WITH OIL ( OLIVE OR GROUNDNUT OIL) GIVE IT SOMETIME. THEN TILT THE EAR OVER IT WILL COME OUT.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by blissbabe: 2:59am On Sep 05, 2016
hydrogen peroxide is d best u can use. it has happened to me. it works like magic.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by jclassiq(m): 3:06am On Sep 05, 2016
CR77:
See question
yea because it looked like the guy was joking.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by drpossibilities(m): 3:20am On Sep 05, 2016
It once happened to me. You can use any available oil. Pour in a generous quantity, allow it to flow in properly, then lie down on the other side, facing the ear down so it can flow out with the insect.
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by ladyF(f): 3:34am On Sep 05, 2016
hectorswag:

Hello, do u do fiverr withdrawals too?
Hi... Skrill doesn't work with Fiverr for now. sad
Re: Insect Inside My Ear Please Help by Mayflowa(m): 3:37am On Sep 05, 2016
dominique:

Use olive oil not groundnut oil. If you don't have any go to any chemist or store where you can get. Pour a generous quantity into the affected ear and let it flow out. Make sure you visit an hospital first thing tomorrow.

*edit*

I just saw your opening post where you said that it is raining where you are. Call out to your neighbours, they should be able to help.

He can use vegetable oil too na. The idea is to suffocate the insect if it is still alive and immobilise it. Then few drops of warm water is to be added to the ear and gently shake your ear lobe to hopee for the best. This is reall discomforting! Cotton swab is a bad idea. Sorry man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Israeli Who Recovered In Japan Develops Coronavirus Again In Israel / Help!! How Do I Get Rid Of These Spots On My Knees? / Erectile Dysfunction Is Affecting Me Badly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.