Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,170 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline (17287 Views)

Fuel Tanker Crashes In Cross River State As Residents Rush With Gallons. Photos / Two Trucks Of Fulanis Intercepted At A Military Checkpoint In Cross River.Photos / Igbo Man From Ozubulu In Anambra State Floats Airline In Swaziland(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by pippimp(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
madridguy:
Welcome development.

No it's not. Anything state run will never amount to anything. Even if it is run by dana air. It will just be a tool to defraud the people of the state. It is a proven fact in a capitalist economy.

2 Likes

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:

I'm amazed that Dana are still allowed to operate in Nigeria.

And their service is horrendous.

Cally Air is a good idea but to be managed by Dana is to be mismanaged.
That's exactly what's going through my mind. Dana doesn't sound good idea
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

Yes na. Abi u fit manage ham?
who's this? undecided
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Polyglot7pointO: 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2016
u are so right u know?
Nuvally:
Cross-River state is one of the most blessed state in terms of Governors. I wonder how they pick their Governors. Nice one sir. Its a welcomed development
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
Cross Rivers state, A state with a long record of performing governors.

1 Like

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by maclatunji: 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
davodyguy:

Lets not be in a hast.

Tinapa failed under Donald Duke, adfter investing close to 30 billion Naira.

I did the valuation of Tinapa. I know everything about that place

There is just not enough traffic in Calabar to make Tinapa attractive.

Besides Calabar is not the whole of Cross River. Cross river remains a largely rural state with its population largely living in poverty similar to the entire country's statistics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by AkumahTalk(m): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
[size=16pt]As an APC chieftain, I'd say: So far, Ben Ayade has been a very good boy. [/size]
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
where are the aircrafts??where are the aircrafts??where are the aircrafts??
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by kingreign(m): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
davodyguy:

Lets not be in a hast.

Problem with govt project in this part of the world are a lot. Ranging from Lack of feasibility studies (assuming there is, its filled up with lies and deceit), over bloated contract budget, and senseless non inclusion of PPP (if there's any PPP, its their family, friends and associates).
I personally, feel this aircraft project isn't what Cross Riverians need at this moment.

Do these political decision makers even think at all? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Cue(m): 12:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
That's exactly what's going through my mind. Dana doesn't sound good idea

Managed by DANA?! Ha!
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by MrJah(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
tukdi:
cheesy Excellent!!!

Gov. Ben Ayade is the best governor in Nigeria at the moment!

Even APC can attest to that!

Cross Riverians should be very proud of
having you as their governor!

Have you been to Cross River before or are you a Cross Riverian? What you just said shows you are a blind fellow. Gov Ayade is one of the most stupid n clueless Gov in Nigeria. He only talks BT does nothing... no road network not even a single one. Calabar_Ikang road he started BT cldnt complete..the small portion he managed to do has even washed away in a space of 3months. What about Odumkpani, akankpa, Ugep road?

4 Likes

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by MrJah(m): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
tukdi:
cheesy Excellent!!!

Cross Riverians should be very proud of
having you as their governor!

Have you been to Cross River before or are you a Cross Riverian? What you just said shows you are a blind fellow. Gov Ayade is one of the most stupid n clueless Gov in Nigeria. He only talks BT does nothing... no road network not even a single one. Calabar_Ikang road he started BT cldnt complete..the small portion he managed to do has even washed away in a space of 3months.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Goke7: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
Anything that will aid transportation either by land, air or water is a welcome development by me especially in these days of recession.

Only lazy folks will complain again like they complained about the Kano light rail project.

Kudos to the cross river governor, and I hope other governors will wake up as well, no be to de pose de wear T shirt like Mark zuckerberg.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by flowjoe: 12:38pm On Sep 06, 2016
cally air! this is great news
#callyboi to the death of me cheesy
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Omeokachie: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
This should boost the tourism potentials of the state.
That said, having a competitor manage the business for you (no shareholding specifics are mentioned) is a recipe for a not too distant prospect for failure.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Kobicove(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
The state government has no business running an airline! undecided
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by kingreign(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
maclatunji:

There is just not enough traffic in Calabar to make Tinapa attractive.

Besides Calabar is not the whole of Cross River. Cross river remains a largely rural state with its population largely living in poverty similar to the entire country's statistics.

Decision makers in this part of the world just start off a development without due consultation and consideration.UAE as we all know it to be followed Francis Perroux's theory of Growth Pole and Growth Centre theories. Donald Duke created Tinapa which had the potential to grow into an internationally renowned Tourist free trade zone and a continental hub. He copied Dubai (which is a middle east free trade hub) but he didn't follow the same Growth pole and growth centres of Francis Petrous which UAE decision makers took.
The UAE decision makers developed UAE using the knowledge that different regions grows at different pace (due to unique characteristics), and grows at points, cores, centres (industries, institutional, manufacturing, commercial nerve centres et al) and the likes. But for the region to grow, the core, centres and points must have viable links which services these industries, commercial, institutional, manufacturing centres etc.

This simple economic theorem (although abridged) is what these political decision makers lack.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by mmsen: 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
davodyguy:

Lets not be in a hast.

Tinapa was stifled by elements in the FG, not because of Donald Duke.

If it were allowed to play host to the necessary port facilities it would be a success and still could be were it not for certain elements dedicated to sabotaging any attempt to build a viable FG licensed port in the south eastern corner of Nigeria.

It may still be a success once the housing, golf course and hospital on the other side of river are completed. Then it can play host to retail facilities for the people who live in or visit that area of Calabar.

2 Likes

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by mmsen: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

No it's not. Anything state run will never amount to anything. Even if it is run by dana air. It will just be a tool to defraud the people of the state. It is a proven fact in a capitalist economy.

China has several state run/owned enterprises that have gone on to become amongst the biggest in the world.

Including the construction company that was contracted to build Nigeria's new airport terminals in Lagos and Abuja; as well as the rail lines from Ibadan to Lagos; Abuja to Kaduna; and Lagos to Calabar.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by temideel: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Government has no business in business
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by cr7lomo: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
A state can afford to float a commercial airliner...while its country as a whole can't...there was indeed a country
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by pippimp(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:

China has several state run/owned enterprises that have gone on to become amongst the biggest in the world.

Including the construction company that was contracted to build Nigeria's new airport terminals in Lagos and Abuja; as well as the rail lines from Ibadan to Lagos; Abuja to Kaduna; and Lagos to Calabar.

Go back and read what i wrote. I said "in a capitalist run economy". There is a difference.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by nsilordgmail(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
tukdi:
cheesy Excellent!!!

Cross Riverians should be very proud of. having you as their governor!
Are u living in calabar? This man have not done any thing in calabar. Forget abt what u'v been readiing online, none of his boasted projects had been implemented. He's worse than Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by muller101(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
tukdi:
cheesy Excellent!!!

Cross Riverians should be very proud of having you as their governor!
I bet u won't say that loud in calabar.

1 Like

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by NigerDeltan(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2016
tukdi:
You took off very well with your write up and I was happy reading it BUT you Crash-landed at the end!!!

you know why?

there are still some particles of Zombeeism in him grin
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by mmsen: 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

Go back and read what i wrote. I said "in a capitalist run economy". There is a difference.

China is very much a capitalist nation.

Just because they have a communist party does not mean that they are any less capitalist than any of the EU nations.

Speaking of Europe, many of the biggest outfits in that part of the world began as state enterprises.

Deustche Post, for example. Also British Gas, since merged with Shell was a British state owned company.

Many of the biggest airlines began life as state owned businesses - British Airways, Lutftansa, Air France.

Singapore Airlines is majority state owned.

Qatar Airways, Etihad, Saudia and Emirates are still state owned.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by obailala(m): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
Forward thinking leadership.... If only governors of richer states can be this visionary.

States like Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa should have since constructed their own state owned refineries and petrochemical plants which should be managed as profit driven private ventures. There's also been a loud cry about northerners owning oil wells, very soon there would be a new round of oil block allocation and I'm very sure because of the uproar lately, the next bidding process would be relatively transparent. I still wonder why Niger-Delta state governments can't float state owned oil companies which can also bid for oil blocks since the states have the capacity to raise the required capital.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by pippimp(m): 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:

China is very much a capitalist nation.

Just because they have a communist party does not mean that they are any less capitalist than any of the EU nations.

Speaking of Europe, many of the biggest outfits in that part of the world began as state enterprises.

Deustche Post, for example. Also British Gas, since merged with Shell was a British state owned company.

Many of the biggest airlines began life as state owned businesses - British Airways, Lutftansa, Air France.

Singapore Airlines is majority state owned.

Qatar Airways, Etihad, Saudia and Emirates are still state owned.

You are just googling without reading through. British airways is not run by the british Government nor most of the examples you put up. And why do you think they elected to have those enterprises run by private agencies? Plus, don't go to china and say they are a capitalist nation. Over there, people are put in front of firing squads for that.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by kingreign(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
nsilordgmail:
Are u living in calabar? This man have not done any thing in calabar. Forget abt what u'v been readiing online, none of his boasted projects had been implemented. He's worse than Buhari!
Ben Ayade, a governor who only thinks of constructing super highway from Calabar to Cameron when the state owned roads are in a state of total disrepair, no water, poor sanitation and poor power supply. That prof should had known better that the best way to catalyse development was to stimulate SMEs.

2 Likes

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by GameGod(m): 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
SE is full of shit
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by mmsen: 1:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

You are just googling without reading through. British airways is not run by the british Government nor most of the examples you put up. And why do you think they elected to have those enterprises run by private agencies? Plus, don't go to china and say they are a capitalist nation. Over there, people are put in front of firing squads for that.

Did you read what I read or did you just skim?

I said BA began life as state owned.

People are not put in front of firing squads for saying that they are capitalist. Stop spreading lies.

It's clear you have no clue of that which you speak.

You insist on making false statements with language that you appear not to understand. Then you fail to read the responses to your irrational comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tanker Explodes, Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Container Truck Falls At Ijora Olopa, Lagos / Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.