Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline (17288 Views)

Fuel Tanker Crashes In Cross River State As Residents Rush With Gallons. Photos / Two Trucks Of Fulanis Intercepted At A Military Checkpoint In Cross River.Photos / Igbo Man From Ozubulu In Anambra State Floats Airline In Swaziland(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by nsilordgmail(m): 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
EtimStephen:
Those that say Tinapa failed will be surprise at the end what will up from the business resort. It is temporary setback to spring up with full momentum.

Governor Ayade will bring Tinapa back to life. He shares the same vision as the past Governor Donald Duke. He has a good wife that also advises him well. Ayade is open minded and not selfish. He is focused and not confused. He believes in building before eating not eating before building. He is always thinking of new things to invent and not what he will destory.

May God continue to strengthen him for us. I am proud of him.
Are u paid to say these shit? How dare u compare this liar to Donald Duke? Within one year of Duke's administration his visions were visible and people it. Ayade had been competing with Buhari in who should be Mr World Tourist! Mention one project that had took off under this noise maker guvnor.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by pippimp(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:

Did you read what I read or did you just skim?

I said BA began life as state owned.

People are not put in front of firing squads for saying that they are capitalist. Stop spreading lies.

It's clear you have no clue of that which you speak.

You insist on making false statements with language that you appear not to understand. Then you fail to read the responses to your irrational comments.

You are still arguing for me. I started by saying that governments should not have a hand in companies. Especially for a country like Nigeria that cannot maintain a university's toilet. You came up with different examples of companies who at one time were run by the government who today are run by private companies because they know it is not a good thing. Thereby furthering my argument. And your literal interpretation of words is hilarious to say the least. Lol. No, you don't get shot for saying China is a capitalist country in China.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by AZeD1(m): 1:30pm On Sep 06, 2016
Most of the people saying good idea have no idea of economy and should please never comment on the economy again.

Aviation is a capital intensive venture in which we don't even have the expertise, we should be conserving scarce foreign exchange not spending it on unproductive ventures.

If the Governor wants to pursue a PPP enterprise in the transportation, he should call Innoson.

1 Like

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by kingreign(m): 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
obailala:
Forward thinking leadership.... If only governors of richer states can be this visionary.

States like Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa should have since constructed their own state owned refineries and petrochemical plants which should be managed as profit driven private ventures. There's also been a loud cry about northerners owning oil wells, very soon there would be a new round of oil block allocation and I'm very sure because of the uproar lately, the next bidding process would be relatively transparent. I still wonder why Niger-Delta state governments can't float state owned oil companies which can also bid for oil blocks since the states have the capacity to raise the required capital.

A 21st century proactive government would not dare to bid for oil blocs and build a Refinery especially at these period where oil prices in the int'l market isn't very predictable. Its a very capital intensive venture, it takes time and also youd need to consider other factors such as professionals available, environmental factors, the international oil markets and international politics.

I personally wished Liyel Imoke had continued where Donald Duke stopped, but did a bit of fine tuning and polishing of his regional development programmes. Its not too late for Ben Ayade to beat a retreat, call all relevant stake holders and past administrations to understand their plans and vision for the state (if they had any in the first instance). Then build upon the gains of those visions, and try to correct some anomaly.
CRS is a tourist destination but its dwindling due to the recent economic and financial hardship experienced, but he (Ayade) could revamp these tourism and also reinvigorate the Tinapa resort and many other resorts, push for SMEs opening up and also support them.

I see CRS as a good destination for tourism development with their rich cultural heritage, water bodies, and also their rolling hills, and forest reserves which could be used to generate income for the state.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Craigston: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
More useful revenue is about to flow to the Indians for a project which may not be maintained by successive governments.
It would profit us more to have Nigerians in charge of such projects or, at least, fill every role we're capable of in carrying out such projects. I hope this turns out well.
India depends on Russia, France and other developed nation for fulfilment of advanced projects. We depend on them for more trivial projects like this. Well, what are we capable of?
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by nsilordgmail(m): 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
Weselion:
Cross Rivers state, A state with a long record of performing governors.
do u reside in cross river? U no knw wetin u dey tok sef. Get this clear, since Donald Duke left office there is no other govnor in the state that had performed positvely. The present one is worst than Liyel Imoke!
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by mmsen: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

You are still arguing for me. I started by saying that governments should not have a hand in companies. Especially for a country like Nigeria that cannot maintain a university's toilet. You came up with different examples of companies who at one time were run by the government who today are run by private companies because they know it is not a good thing. Thereby furthering my argument. And your literal interpretation of words is hilarious to say the least. Lol. No, you don't get shot for saying China is a capitalist country in China.

Again, read the entire text instead of picking the odd sentence.

Your attention span is horrendous.

I gave examples of state run airlines, as of today. In addition to those that began as state run enterprises.

I'm not generally an advocate of state run businesses but they can work if the best practices are followed. If there are checks and balances. If there was one state in Nigeria I would trust to get this right it would be Cross River. There seems to be less waste, less stupidity there than in many other states.

You don't seem to have an argument, just rehashing hearsay for the sake of it.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by goodgood2(m): 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
PassingShot:

Wether APC or PDP or APGA, patriotic Nigerians should appreciate good work.

Ayade is doing very well in Cross Rivers state and this much is recognized by APC.

The other governors doing similarly well are Ambode of Lagos and Rauf Aregbesola of Osun.

Though I think Ayade is too polished and refined to be in PDP a party of looters! grin grin
Hold it! which party no get looters and super looters? E be APC even get more.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by mmsen: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
nsilordgmail:
Are u paid to say these shit? How dare u compare this liar to Donald Duke? Within one year of Duke's administration his visions were visible and people it. Ayade had been competing with Buhari in who should be Mr World Tourist! Mention one project that had took off under this noise maker guvnor.

I'm not a fan of Ayade either, he seems to be somewhat of a clown, constantly playing to the audience and sucking up to the Buhari administration but let's see what he does before judging him so harshly.

And the Calabar Conference Center, housing hospital and golf course are only across the river from Tinapa. The entire Summit Hills development can be used to revive Tinapa and turn it into a retail hub and not just a duty free shopping complex.

http://www.estateintel.com/development-summit-hills-calabar/
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Maski87: 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
Common airline is not a profit able business, don't waste your money
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by mmsen: 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
Maski87:
Common airline is not a profit able business, don't waste your money

Airlines make sense if you are in the business of bringing tourists to your state.

Why not transport your visitors yourself if you can, rather than rely on third party airlines such as Arik or Aero that aren't reliable.

I just don't get why they teamed up with Dana when they're even worse than the two that I mentioned.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by kingreign(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
AZeD1:
Most of the people saying good idea have no idea of economy and should please never comment on the economy again.

Aviation is a capital intensive venture in which we don't even have the expertise, we should be conserving scarce foreign exchange not spending it on unproductive ventures.

If the Governor wants to pursue a PPP enterprise in the transportation, he should call Innoson.

Simple. Very straight forward answer. The only thing a government can do as regards business is to create enabling environment for business men and women to come invest and also regulate the practices of such business. The furthest the government can do is either PPP (where the government has a lower input).
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by pippimp(m): 1:49pm On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:

Again, read the entire text instead of picking the odd sentence.

Your attention span is horrendous.

I gave examples of state run airlines, as of today. In addition to those that began as state run enterprises.

I'm not generally an advocate of state run businesses but they can work if the best practices are followed. If there are checks and balances. If there was one state in Nigeria I would trust to get this right it would be Cross River. There seems to be less waste, less stupidity there than in many other states.

You don't seem to have an argument, just rehashing hearsay for the sake of it.

And yet every sane country is shying away from it. You confuse yourself with your incoherence. And your gullibility is admirable. You actually trust anything coming out of Nigeria.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by mmsen: 1:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
pippimp:

And yet every sane country is shying away from it. You confuse yourself with your incoherence. And your gullibility is admirable. You actually trust anything coming out of Nigeria.

Where did I advocate for state run enterprises?

You told a lie and I refuted the lie, many times over.

You clearly have a probably with reading comprehension.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by bashydemy(m): 2:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
tukdi:
cheesy Excellent!!!

Gov. Ben Ayade is the best governor in Nigeria at the moment!

Even APC can attest to that!

Cross Riverians should be very proud of having you as their governor!
Good to hear, I admire that Govrnor i swear he is not suppose to be in PDP...

Meanwhile a state in the same region with about 8 LGs that i believe collect more allocation than this state is owing workers and no infrastructure on ground.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by pippimp(m): 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:

Where did I advocate for state run enterprises?

You told a lie and I refuted the lie, many times over.

You clearly have a probably with reading comprehension.

Now i see what the problem is. You have zero inkling of thought process. How do you refute a thing when your argument is surporting everything i have said so far. I have said it is not a good thing and you say "yeah it is not a good thing but they started like that". Question is, what is the difference? The point is, who does it today? You argument all through has been tacitly for it. You go school so?
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by obailala(m): 2:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
kingreign:

A 21st century proactive government would not dare to bid for oil blocs and build a Refinery especially at these period where oil prices in the int'l market isn't very predictable. Its a very capital intensive venture, it takes time and also youd need to consider other factors such as professionals available, environmental factors, the international oil markets and international politics.

I personally wished Liyel Imoke had continued where Donald Duke stopped, but did a bit of fine tuning and polishing of his regional development programmes. Its not too late for Ben Ayade to beat a retreat, call all relevant stake holders and past administrations to understand their plans and vision for the state (if they had any in the first instance). Then build upon the gains of those visions, and try to correct some anomaly.
CRS is a tourist destination but its dwindling due to the recent economic and financial hardship experienced, but he (Ayade) could revamp these tourism and also reinvigorate the Tinapa resort and many other resorts, push for SMEs opening up and also support them.

I see CRS as a good destination for tourism development with their rich cultural heritage, water bodies, and also their rolling hills, and forest reserves which could be used to generate income for the state.
I wouldn't agree with you there at all, irrespective of the price of crude, a refinery would still make its profits. Furthermore, because I doubt the capacity of a state government (or FG) to manage anything, I suggest if such things as refineries, high speed rails or light rails, power plants or airlines are established, the only survival mechanism is for it to be operated by private ventures and the government should just be shareholders with minimal management influence.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by calabardick(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dana air? Ah
I rather go by road than to fly in that their 20 years old flying coffins

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by udumosam23(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
EtimStephen:
Those that say Tinapa failed will be surprise at the end what will up from the business resort. It is temporary setback to spring up with full momentum.

Governor Ayade will bring Tinapa back to life. He shares the same vision as the past Governor Donald Duke. He has a good wife that also advises him well. Ayade is open minded and not selfish. He is focused and not confused. He believes in building before eating not eating before building. He is always thinking of new things to invent and not what he will destory.

May God continue to strengthen him for us. I am proud of him.

Good, thank God he hears advice. Tell him in case he doesn't know, remind him in case he forgot that the only road from calabar to his hometown is cut at Adim. They now use my village Idomi as a divert. bringing our already weak road to a deplorable condition.

Next, they will fix the federal road and leave ours bad. I'm sure he didn't intend to fly to his village. I'm just waiting to see or hear the governors convoy passing through my village. That day...
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
PassingShot:

Ayade is doing very well in Cross Rivers state and this much is recognized by APC.

The other governors doing similarly well are Ambode of Lagos and Rauf Aregbesola of Osun.

Though I think Ayade is too polished and refined to be in PDP a party of looters! grin grin

To say you are biased is an understatement.

What is Aregbesola doing in Osun ? Which of these governors you are praising has divesified the economic base of his state by investing in Agriculture ? You Nigerian youths are the ones spoiling this country with silly mindsets..

Moreover all these online comments are wash and hardly reflects your real struggles.

1 Like

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
davodyguy:

Lets not be in a hast.

Tinapa failed under Donald Duke, adfter investing close to 30 billion Naira.

I did the valuation of Tinapa. I know everything about that place

Why did TINAPA fail ?
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by BahdXitixenn: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
Chai this my governor dey try oo small small.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
This is not a good time for such a biz.

Why not invest in agriculture ? Where you wont lose.

Hmm..
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by lereinter(m): 3:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
PassingShot:

the end should be better than the begining
thats what they say

you started with sense and ended with non-sense...

of all govs to mention you now said aregbesola, sorry o but God punish u for that...
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Saicology212: 3:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
ijustdey:

http://sunnewsonline.com/cross-river-floats-airline/
Cally Air? Wrong Nomenclature >>>>>>>>>[b] Canaan City Air [/b]sounds more fun....
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by kingreign(m): 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2016
Naughtysite:

Why did TINAPA fail ?
Tinapa failed due to a host of reasons.
1. The raw materials for the project was not available (raw materials here referred to goods and sevice produced/to be provided) was absent.
2. The Nigeria and African population didn't embrace concept of free trade zones commerce.
3. Transportation To and From Tinapa was undeveloped and where available was unplanned.
4. No supporting industries to boost up Tinapa.
5. I feel corruption and bureaucracy
5. Lack of continuity in successive administration
6. The project seemed bigger than what Cross River State govt alone could carry (despite it being a great and noble project).
7. Other Nigerian factors.

1 Like

Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by Chuksgeo: 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
Dead on arrival because Indians are involved.
The only advantage is that this may trigger jealousy in other state govts that will give rise to a new means of corruption or genuine investment.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by tukdi: 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
grin
NigerDeltan:

you know why?
there are still some particles of Zombeeism in him grin
grin
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by tukdi: 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
bashydemy:
Good to hear, I admire that Govrnor i swear he is not suppose to be in PDP...

Meanwhile a state in the same region with about 8 LGs that i believe collect more allocation than this state is owing workers and no infrastructure on ground.
lipsrsealed
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by tukdi: 4:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
undecided
BrainnewsNg:

I pray o. The end shall tell.
undecided
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by amtaken(f): 4:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
I don't trust anybody who is friends with Buhari.

....till we see it.
Re: Cally Air: Cross River Floats Airline by seyitanhep: 5:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
PassingShot:

I'm still wondering why someone will say Rauf Aregbesola is working....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tanker Explodes, Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Container Truck Falls At Ijora Olopa, Lagos / Nigerians Abroad Help Me To Travel Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.