Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) (54943 Views)

Osinbajo Makes 1st Presidental Movement Into Newly Renovated Kaduna Airport.PICS / Amaechi Ends 2016 With Inspection Of Construction Of Port Harcout Airport(pics / Amina Mohammed In A Queue At Abuja Airport (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by metti47(m): 8:15am On Sep 08, 2016
ephemm:
what's unthinkable about handling your own luggage?
Naija and mediocrity na 5 & 6.

The trolley those stupid guys always ask someone to pay for...
My brother I tire oh!! When the former Prime Minister of Britain left office (David Cameron) He used his hands to pack and carry his luggage so what is the big deal? What is unthinkable about that?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by stagger: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2016
Why don't they go and help other passengers? Or is Peter Obi the only one there? Nonsense people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by hardbody: 8:18am On Sep 08, 2016
Klinee:
the airport is it in Anambra? why didn't he build airport like this one in Anambra. u guys should learn how to stop praising all this politians

You missed the point, needless to engage.
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2016
delawal:
Africans and their inferiority and myopic complex. what's unthinkable in carrying ur loads. even Obama and Cameron does so. that's why we don't grow. thinking our leaders are gods instead of servants.

Oga show us your Buhari doing similar stuff...leave Obama and co

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by diamond2020(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2016
Good one.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by Enyimbamercedes: 8:23am On Sep 08, 2016
broseme:
The ORACLE came back and do his usual ,even the Airport staff wants to help but he kindly reminded them that he is Young enough to still take care of his own belongings ..Some call him Ijele ,some Okwute but I simply look at him and say ...IFE DI KA GI AKONAM ..

Credit: Apga Alaigbo

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/peter-obi-surprises-airport-staff-as-he.html

I'm sorry but why do we see this as a big deal? A politician is seen doing what should ordinarily be done and what is done by millions of other people and they are hailed and called humble! We have allowed the power gap to get so wide that we perceive the political class as extraordinary beings! A minister is seen driving himself...it makes the news, another is seen drinking tea and eating bread at a bread stand...it makes the news.
If the mods have nothing newsworthy to push to the frontage, please leave it empty.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by anonimi: 8:23am On Sep 08, 2016
Whynotthetruth:
2)Even our VP Osibanjo was pictured carrying Tinubu's bag while Tinubu walks in as Oga ...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026500_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026566_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

3)We have seen orderlies and other security agents carrying luggage even handbag of our leaders including ordinary board members...

.......while the citizens who bear the TAX burden for paying both the police/military orderly and the political jobber are deprived of security and exposed to armed robbers, kidnappers, rapists, ritualists etc.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3173203_00_jpeg919f3ecb8d32bb46a2bd5a96c07a9098

4)We even celebrated buhari for drinking satchet peak milk claiming no more billions for feeding in presidency...

....just another big, fat LIE to bamboozle their sai baba chanting brain-dead zombies grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2042395_b7fvnpiiaabroh_jpeg81b2c4466e71003dbe03de8be0975de0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2358520_111385321026854017343351561803944924259098n_jpegcc9c141e2dfbc6f9b46eeede8dadd1ff

Firefire:

‘A budget that moves domestic spending in Aso Villa from N580m to N1.7bn cannot be a budget of change’

Abuja – Sen. Eyinnaya Abaribe (PDP Abia South) on Wednesday in Abuja, berated the 2016 budget and called on President Muhammaduu Buhari to withdraw it and go back to the drawing board.

Abaribe while making contributions during the consideration of the budget, said the proposal was faulty on many grounds and could not be implemented at it was.

He said that predication of oil benchmark at 38 dollars per barrel when the crude oil price had fallen below 30 dollars per barrel made the budget unrealistic.

Abaribe faulted the government for increasing spending by 30 per cent based on borrowing.

“Mr President, my colleagues, this budget is indeed unique. After the budget presentation, the finance minister has never come to explain the details of the budget as it is normally done.

“It is a budget of change I agree, but it is a change in the wrong direction. I say it is a change in the wrong direction because it says that it is based on zero budgeting requiring all expenses to be fully justified.

“We know what is going on in the global economy: this budget is predicated on an oil benchmark of 38 dollars per barrel and I can now say that with oil being 28 dollars today, this budget is dead on arrival.

“The job of the opposition is to help the government to get its priorities right, so I want to please urge this government to withdraw this budget and go back to the drawing board,” he said.

The senator also faulted the adjustments made in the budget as well as allocation for spending in the Aso Rock Villa, saying that it was too exorbitant.

He said that the adjustments rather than reduce spending in areas where they were not necessary only spread it into different offices.

“Mr President, a budget that moves domestic spending within Aso Villa from N580 million to N1.7 billion cannot be a budget of change.

“We were told that in the revised budget there was an adjustment due to error, we agree but what has happened is that up to N7 billion were moved from buying vehicles and spread to offices.

“It also increased the spending that is due to renovations within the Villa.

“They are going to renovate the Villa with N3.9 billion: what else do you want to renovate there that Nigerians will see in the Year 2016?” he asked.

However, in his contribution, Sen. Ahmed Lawan (APC Yobe North) blamed the previous administration for the lack of funds due to the embezzlement witnessed in previous governments.

He said that this was the 17th budget he would be debating as a legislator and noted that not more than 40 per cent implementation was achieved in the last 16 years.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3317046_budgettt_jpegd73bb73944448e30966f27bc22a4c756

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/602809/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 08, 2016
Klinee:
the airport is it in Anambra? why didn't he build airport like this one in Anambra. u guys should learn how to stop praising all this politians
u well so?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by babooshka: 8:26am On Sep 08, 2016
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by xammyx(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2016
Klinee:

We have the Good, The Bad and Ugly
u are the ugly, they just sit on the fence...
next thing u rap ur only word, to abuse...
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by xammyx(m): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2016
ikiller:
u well so?
Top man
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by HRich(m): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2016
He refused them carrying it because he thinks they will steal his dollers,

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by xreal: 8:27am On Sep 08, 2016
ephemm:

So annoying.
I don't even speak english to them, I speak my core native language (telling them to free me) as I head for trolley and make use by myself.
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:27am On Sep 08, 2016
metti47:

My brother I tire oh!! When the former Prime Minister of Britain left office (David Cameron) He used his hands to pack and carry his luggage so what is the big deal? What is unthinkable about that?

It is unthinkable because not even Buhari could do what Cameron did and no Nigerian leader including Tinubu who Osibanjo our VP carries his own bags can do it...Peter Obi just did an unthinkable cum commendable something cheesy
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by xammyx(m): 8:29am On Sep 08, 2016
basilo101:

which kind dumb comment be this na??
Na kids wen enter Nairaland, no mind am abeg
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by judedave181: 8:29am On Sep 08, 2016
Klinee:
I don't know what's wrong with Nigerian youths, ignorance kill so fast. Le me explain to u if u don't know the reason why airport is not in Anambra. There is airport in Asaba like 15minutes drive to Anambra Onitsha precisely, like wise there's is another airport in Warri same in Delta State. Now the airport in Asaba is very close to Onitsha, I mean too close... so I think that's the reason Anambra does not have airport and if I may ask u... why is it that there's no airport in Ogun State which am sure the Airport in Ikeja is far from Ogun State compare to Asaba airport to Onitsha
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by anonimi: 8:31am On Sep 08, 2016
Whynotthetruth:
Oga show us your Buhari doing similar stuff...leave Obama and co

Abi oh.
David Cameron of the UK where DullardPoo runs to see his doctors, after spending more on the Aso Rock clinic than ALL Teaching hospitals put together, carries his own stuff.
That is the same UK where many Nigerians are under-employed, voluntary slaves but will be forming diaspora for their "unlucky" relations & friends who could not get the "breakthrough" of crossing the Sahara desert and the Mediterranean sea into Europe.
Meanwhile our useless leaders looters will be telling US (not themselves oh!) that change CHAIN starts with us. Abeg, who knows why change can't start with THEM

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4024041_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964496_img20160713wa0000_jpeg5f8afdd8ac03faaf771f294478b46a06

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:34am On Sep 08, 2016
anonimi the boss...I love your style gringringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by RedCapChief(m): 8:34am On Sep 08, 2016
stagger:
Why don't they go and help other passengers? Or is Peter Obi the only one there? Nonsense people.

All animals are not equal.
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by agwom(m): 8:37am On Sep 08, 2016
good...
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by babooshka: 8:40am On Sep 08, 2016
Brilli5gist:
Anambra has no need 4 an airport.it ll yield zero returns on investment.there so many airports surrounding anambra such as asaba,enugu,owerri,ph.anambra is in need of a river port instead of an airport.it is myopic pple like u dat were yearning 4 shoprite to be build in anambra.now shoprite is in onitsha ,go there n c if dat venture is worth d investment.dont b lik d israelite dat ask samuel 4 God 2 give a king.u can read d bible 2 know d outcome
this comment tho! Smh! U just displayed your ignorance and actually quoted a bible passage to back it up. Is there actually anywhere dat doesn't benefit from aving an airport?! Also, airports and seaports r not mutually exclusive. States av both, it's called development, d shop rite 2 is development cos it's an investment in our economy.
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by anonimi: 8:41am On Sep 08, 2016
Whynotthetruth:
anonimi the boss...I love your style gringringringrin

Thanks, bro.
I am simply convinced and trying to reflect that the white man is individually not more intelligent hence not better than we are also individually.
Making a few SIMPLE changes among ourselves (citizens/followers & leaders) will make our society much better than it currently is and as competitive as it once was compared to the oyinbos and koras.
We CAN get there if we make the needed adjustments and sacrifice.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by redcliff: 8:45am On Sep 08, 2016
anibi9674:
peter obi flagging of the change begins with me campaign.

Nigerians are too funny and foolissh at the same time. Its not our concern if the whole police and airport stafg help them carry their lugggages, the only thing we have been concerned from the beginning is good governance. If theres good governance, all these things that dont matter one bit. No one should come anywhere and be forming humble for us but has done more damage to the betterment of Nigeria. Im not saying Peter Obi is one of those kinds of people, im just saying this shouldnt be what we should be concerened about.
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by oyinkinola: 8:47am On Sep 08, 2016
lovat:
Your English has improved.

Kudos
...you mean to the wailer standard? bad!
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by pippimp(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2016
ephemm:

It is unthinkable for small minds (broseme) to understand that it is normal.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by Nitana: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2016
If I was bringing my had currencies home.I will not allow anyone to carry it for me. grin
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by anonimi: 8:55am On Sep 08, 2016
HRich:
He refused them carrying it because he thinks they will steal his dollers,

Do you mean dollArs?
I wonder what you are rich in?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160990_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

BTW, do you think he is dumb to the extent of carrying dollars in his CHECKED IN luggage that would warrant carrying on a trolley shocked

Nitana:
If I was bringing my had currencies home.I will not allow anyone to carry it for me. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3043814_facebook20151105005801_jpeg1027baba4e35e791f3661e85d47d5487

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2016
babooshka:
this comment tho! Smh! U just displayed your ignorance and actually quoted a bible passage to back it up. Is there actually anywhere dat doesn't benefit from aving an airport?! Also, airports and seaports r not mutually exclusive. States av both, it's called development, d shop rite 2 is development cos it's an investment in our economy.

Before you continue Sir...pick an Economics textbook from any secondary school student nearest to you and read up the topic; COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE...thanks Sir!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by fortunechy(m): 9:08am On Sep 08, 2016
just passing by
Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by kcbomba(m): 9:16am On Sep 08, 2016
Na me 4 carry am for him before?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by henrimoto(m): 9:17am On Sep 08, 2016
gift01:
Now I believe this man is Aka Gum. Even to help him lighten his burden na still economics
grin So its now an offense to choose to be simple and humble

#thechangebeginswithyou

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi And His Luggage At Nigerian Airport (Pics) by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 08, 2016
Looks lik public display of humility! Well these politicians and their gimmicks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Unknown In Taraba, Says Supporter Who Went For Field Analysis (Pix) / Tinubu, Dogara And Saraki: What Is Wrong With This Photo? / Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.