Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG (10525 Views)

2018 World Cup: Senate Urges FG To Fund Super Eagles With Recovered Loots / Concerns, Fears Over Buhari’s Health Condition In Katsina / Muslim Group Urges FG To Declare Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by herzern(m): 8:23am On Sep 08, 2016
cool
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by HRich(m): 8:24am On Sep 08, 2016
Advice to Buhari is an Advice to a deaf ear,
He does what pleases old age men

1 Like

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:24am On Sep 08, 2016
K
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by aninexzy(m): 8:24am On Sep 08, 2016
dmgr:
hmmm
hmMmmmmmm, tel dem o

1 Like

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by jasent(m): 8:32am On Sep 08, 2016
aresa:
After taxes, allocations, derivations, NDDC and so on, nothing to show in the Delta and on top of that, ND is the largest debtor state in Nigeria with N700 billion debt.

The people of the delta sat like dummies while their leaders loot them dry and sank them in debt, they did not lift a finger, but just like the other lazy states in that region including the SE, they want the FG to tie their shoes for them and give their looting and stealing leaders more money to loot...

smh...
was the money used to develop abuja and Lagos given to the leaders from the region? Was any commission set up before they were developed? What's wrong if fg develope ND same way Lagos and abuja was developed?enough of NDDC talk abeg.

4 Likes

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by kaen1317: 8:36am On Sep 08, 2016
chukxie:
Seriously? What was Niger Deltan like during Jonathan's administration? A utopia? Jonathan had the power to transform that whole region but he didn't. He even didn't transform his community! Most politicians in Nigeria are bad, selfish, greedy and heartless. They line their pockets with ill-gotten wealth while the ordinary man suffers.
Jonathan was busy appeasing the north to the detriment of his people. If he had focused more on his region its still people like you that will stand up to criticize him

2 Likes

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Moneytize: 8:37am On Sep 08, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Afonjas are free to keep deceiving themselves when the rest of the world are uncomfortable with Nigeria especially Buhari's government.

First it was a congressman asking Kerry not to supply arms

Second an ex congressman asking for referendum

Third, UN said Nigeria is deeply divided.

Now, a US diplomatic envoy asking Buhari to dialogue and address ND.

When will Afonjas take the handwriting on the wall serious before they end up like Bosnians cool
Continue foaming from the mouth. The problem of your life is afonja abi? All you red mud enclave dwellers seem to be bathed with water of hate the day you were born because I can explain it.
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Ababadada: 8:46am On Sep 08, 2016
Let all the states tell us how much they have contributed to the federal government before ask the Niger Deltans how they develop the region.

1 Like

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by TimeManager(m): 8:46am On Sep 08, 2016
ConqueredWest:

Afonjas are free to keep deceiving themselves when the rest of the world are uncomfortable with Nigeria especially Buhari's government.

First it was a congressman asking Kerry not to supply arms

Second an ex congressman asking for referendum

Third, UN said Nigeria is deeply divided.

Now, a US diplomatic envoy asking Buhari to dialogue and address ND.

When will Afonjas take the handwriting on the wall serious before they end up like Bosnians cool
Afonjas can't hear you ranting.The US has passed the message aready; embrace dialogue, work with us and the govt. of PMB or see those smiling crocodiles smoke out your lazy ass.
The truth has spoken!

2 Likes

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by pepigeorge(m): 8:50am On Sep 08, 2016
progress69:
40bn dollars was spent on the ND for how many years minus 13% "deve" state government collects. Yet absolutely nothing to show for it. But everything is Buhari now...... cheesy

Go look bush.....

Do u know how many billions of dollars Nigeria has exploited from ND....

Were dem for spend 40billion dollars
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Debaddest(m): 8:53am On Sep 08, 2016
BiafraudExposed:

thank u broda...

As I keep exposing the biafrans... watch how a Biafran boy remixed Davido music...
Piracy everywhere in Biafra land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoEqpBHrC1k

Expose ur nyash

1 Like

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by PentiumProf: 8:54am On Sep 08, 2016
aresa:
After taxes, allocations, derivations, NDDC and so on, nothing to show in the Delta and on top of that, ND is the largest debtor state in Nigeria with N700 billion debt.

but just like the other lazy states in that region including the SE, they want the FG to tie their shoes for them and give their looting and stealing leaders more money to loot...

smh...
What has the south east got to do with the debts that were incurred by south south
And you say you are not a bigot
King of bigots
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Omeokachie: 8:57am On Sep 08, 2016
He would rather deploy troops and tanks to the area.
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by PentiumProf: 8:58am On Sep 08, 2016
BiafraudExposed:

Don't mind me i am a yoruba fraud.
I am brainless
I am obsessed with hardworking and successful igbos
I am jealous of their success
You are truly a fraud

1 Like

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by oyinkinola: 9:02am On Sep 08, 2016
andyboi4real:
I Don't Blame Nigerians That Voted For Change,i Only Wished They Asked Which "Change"(positive Or Negative) Before Voting.
but that #ChangeMustBeginWithYou.

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by PentiumProf: 9:03am On Sep 08, 2016
aresa:
My name is aresa i am a demonic bigot
I use being a patrotic nigerian to hide my bigotry

smh...
You have just exposed yourself

1 Like

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Killurself: 9:03am On Sep 08, 2016
if gov like they should allocate Nigeria money for d Niger delta, they can't use it for anything. they only worship militant leaders as there god and all of them always think in the same direction. I ve been with them I knows them well, especially ijaws. they should blame them self for everything because when they bring development into Niger delta they re kidnaps d foreigners and pursue the construction company especially in bayelsa and rivers, cant you imagine dat before the company or gov construction anything they must pay that's Niger delta. there issues is very annoy, pathetic in fact . quote me and killurself
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by valiantheartprod(f): 9:04am On Sep 08, 2016
in trump voice 'I am here to read comments'
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 08, 2016
tinkinjow:

And how much have been spent on Abuja Lagos plus other states. It should certainly be annoying to you if someone enriches himself with your wealth and then queries you on what you have done with the little he left you.
Stop coveting their resource. Hands off their oil to them. Let them drink it if they so choose.

u talk as if u dnnt knw d difference btw a state n a country ... ND are states in nigeria,,,its nt as if ND b country nigeria is exploitin ..evry natural resources in any state blongs to d country @ large ...
$700b as bin spent on ND in d last 17yrs nuttin to show asides enriched elders n militant heads ,,,
there governors n elders shuld b scrambled,,they can only av development if FG engage ND directly ..if thatvis even possible
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by jayslik: 9:23am On Sep 08, 2016
I like it
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by ebuclassic18(m): 9:34am On Sep 08, 2016
chukxie:
Seriously? What was Niger Deltan like during Jonathan's administration? A utopia? Jonathan had the power to transform that whole region but he didn't. He even didn't transform his community! Most politicians in Nigeria are bad, selfish, greedy and heartless. They line their pockets with ill-gotten wealth while the ordinary man suffers.

sir let me remind you that Jonathan was the president of federal republic of Nigeria not Niger Delta,,,, he was simply not partial at all thank u
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:36am On Sep 08, 2016
ericsmith:

u talk as if u dnnt knw d difference btw a state n a country ... ND are states in nigeria,,,its nt as if ND b country nigeria is exploitin ..evry natural resources in any state blongs to d country @ large ...
$700b as bin spent on ND in d last 17yrs nuttin to show asides enriched elders n militant heads ,,,
there governors n elders shuld b scrambled,,they can only av development if FG engage ND directly ..if thatvis even possible
I see why Nigeria is backward, it is because of the way people like you reason.
You want Nigeria to be developed like US but support a system that will make us poorer than Somalia.
What is wrong if we in the SS/SE control our resources and pay tax to FG, even Ondo that has oil would be very developed if such system is in place, every state should control their resources whether oil, gold, cocoa or even nickel
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by obainosis4real: 9:38am On Sep 08, 2016
aresa:

The people of the delta sat like dummies while their leaders loot them dry and sank them in debt, they did not lift a finger, but just like the other lazy states in that region including the SE, they want the FG to tie their shoes for them and give their looting and stealing leaders more money to loot....

smh...
point of correction, the SE/SS are more industrious than d SW. A typical yoruba man is lazy.... Politics apart d Igbos can survive unlike d yorubas. So receive brain and retrace dat statement
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by SuperS1Panther: 9:39am On Sep 08, 2016
Mr. Envoy, how will FG achieve that again, despite:

1. 13% derivation
2. NDDC - regional government
3. FAAC Allocation
4. JAAC Allocation
4. Min of Niger Delta - a whole ministry
5. OICs CSRs/Developmental Projects.

1 Like

Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by SuperS1Panther: 9:40am On Sep 08, 2016
obainosis4real:
point of correction, the SE/SS are more industrious than d SW. A typical yoruba man is lazy.... Politics apart d Igbos can survive unlike d yorubas. So receive brain and retrace dat statement

More industrious And you have infested the whole world with your crimes.

No wonder your land is desolate and deplorable.
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by amiskurie(m): 9:43am On Sep 08, 2016
andyboi4real:
I Don't Blame Nigerians That Voted For Change,i Only Wished They Asked Which "Change"(positive Or Negative) Before Voting.
Use your head for once, didn't a son of Niger Delta ruled for 8 yrs?
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Thisis2raw(m): 9:56am On Sep 08, 2016
tinkinjow:

And how much have been spent on Abuja Lagos plus other states. It should certainly be annoying to you if someone enriches himself with your wealth and then queries you on what you have done with the little he left you.
Stop coveting their resource. Hands off their oil to them. Let them drink it if they so choose.
is Lagos, Abuja a region? Talk with sense
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 08, 2016
bayelsaowei:
buharis administration is a scam....what ogoni clean up.??...that scheme has long been debunked. ..

Is it not the same buhari that moved fast to stop the protection of pipeline jobs by locals??..abeg make we all hear word....

A president that has dragged his feet to visit the oil producing regions...Please tell us another story...
and jonathan's administration? With its sincerity couldn't do a thing even when he is from that region

Outside empowering asiri and tompolo to build university and maritime respectively

U have right self opinion but we shouldn't loose touch with our humanity just to score some irrelevant point
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by spitfyer(m): 10:06am On Sep 08, 2016
BUT THIER SON WAS THERE FOR 6 YEARS NA............................ $40B IN THE REGION ALONE AND NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT....................PLS BE GUIDED.
andyboi4real:
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Kunlegzy(m): 10:39am On Sep 08, 2016
obainosis4real:
simply say Igbos loves trading but we Yorubas does Cooperate Business. I hope you get it? Its not until everybody start lifting spare parts all around the town or lift Puff Puff on your head that makes someone hardworking. Enough of this hardworking jibes....
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by AnanseK(m): 10:46am On Sep 08, 2016
10 highest revenue receiving states based on the federal allocations in 2013.

The states, according to the Minister of finance, earn more than the annual budgets of some neighboring countries.

The allocations are as follows: check out the first 4.

Akwa Ibom N260 billion,
Rivers N230 billion,
Delta State N209 billion,
Bayelsa N173 billion,
Lagos N168 billion,
Kano N140 billion,
Katsina N103 billion,
Oyo N100 billion,
Kaduna N 97 billion
Borno N94 billion.
Re: Improve The Living Condition In The Niger Delta - U.S. Envoy Urges FG by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 08, 2016
andyboi4real:

are Niger delta better off before bubu entered?
pray that the change works out
and if it doesn't you won't do anything.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Chieftain In Plateau, Umar Mantu, 20,000 Supporters Defect To APC / Sultan Says Nigeria In Hard Times, Urges Muslims To Pray / Buhari Seeks Debt Relief For African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.