Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,896 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too (22647 Views)

Man Questions The "Quality" Of The 57th Independence Cake Cut By PMB & Soldiers / Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Moremi Ojudu: "I'm Hungry Too", Daughter Of Buhari's Adviser Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:19am On Sep 09, 2016
Femi Adesina, special adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on media and publicity, has disclosed that took a pay cut to join the current administration.

Appealing to Nigerians not to lose hope in the government, the former managing director of The Sun Newspaper said he is not immune from the hardship in the land.

He attributed the economic crisis to mismanagement on the part of previous administrations, but said very soon, the people would have course to rejoice.

The presidential aide said his principal had not forgotten the promises he made during the campaign period.

Adesina said this in an article entitled: ‘After Ye Have Suffered A While’. It was published on the backpage of The Sun.

[b]“Here comes the preacher. What does he want to tell us? Doesn’t he know that we are hungry, and the din of hunger makes one deaf to reason? The rumble in our tummies, as the worms compete for the little food left there, will surely be louder than what anybody can say now. True? Not exactly. Come, let us reason together,” he wrote.

“Father Ejike Mbaka, that fearless priest of the Catholic church, gave an illustration recently, which I believe was not revealed to him by flesh and blood. There is hunger in the land, with people severely famished. And there is ululation, loud enough to deafen the deaf all over again, and wake the dead from his eternal sleep. The wailers are wailing so loud, as if Bob Marley had resurrected with his band, the Wailing Wailers. But hear Fr. Mbaka: somebody came, looted your kitchen, carried away all the food.

“He did not even leave you crumbs to console yourself with. And then comes another person, trying to replenish your pantry, trying to restock your kitchen. And then you begin to shout; we are hungry o, we are hungry o, to the point of distracting and discouraging the new man. Who should you rather wail and rage against? The man that looted your kitchen, of course.

“That is the exact similitude of the position of Nigeria. There is hunger, lack, and deprivation in the land. But is it a death knell? Not when the kitchen is being restocked, and we will soon feed till we want no more.

“I am on a national assignment that has cut my legitimate annual income by one third, so when there is hunger in the land, I go hungry too. Well, almost. When people talk of lack of money, I penny-pinch, too.

“Well, almost. Let nobody think those in government are insulated from what is happening in the country. At least, those who have truly come to serve. But those precious promises hold true any day. ‘In the days of famine, my people shall be satisfied.’ ‘The young lion may lack, and suffer hunger, but those that trust in the Lord shall not suffer any good thing."[/b]

https://www.thecable.ng/femi-adesina-income-cut-one-third-go-hungry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by HungerBAD: 5:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Ok.

It no easy to defend Buhari.

But we must try.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by jesse8048(m): 5:24am On Sep 09, 2016
Just shut that your buccal cavity Mr man. Are u trying to compare yourself with minimum wage that can't buy a bag of rice or people whose salary has been slashed by 50% or people who lost their job completely or people whose business has folded up. When will u all in the govt stop this blame game cos it's already stale. When your principal was using politicians instead of technocrats what was he thinking. Useless people.

212 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Firefire(m): 5:27am On Sep 09, 2016
Humble pie... awon omo-'ale.

APC, Party of professional liars and career rogues.

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Nobody: 5:28am On Sep 09, 2016
lol...he is mentioning Mbaka..Mbaka offering intake has cut by 40% and his members reduced too... SO Adesina carry ya hope and hold to your self..... There are things u say when u don chop and things u say when u are hungry... Mbaka said what he said when there is plenty for him.. Go back and tell him... Mbaka prophecy... U will hear how hunger prophecy sounds like.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Acidosis(m): 5:29am On Sep 09, 2016
Femi o-ni-ro

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by jesse8048(m): 5:32am On Sep 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ok
So, u too dey book space? Guess it's to come and defend your master. Dnt hide this comment.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:39am On Sep 09, 2016
Hasn't this man heard of Change begins with you or whatever,its time they started taking responsibilities and stop pointing fingers at previous administration....Haba dem never tire to the blame other people upandown?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by 989900: 5:44am On Sep 09, 2016
'Legitimate earnings'. cheesy wink

I get your drift though bro; better than those insensitivities you spewed before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by agwom(m): 5:46am On Sep 09, 2016
change

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:47am On Sep 09, 2016
CHANGE BEGINS WITH BUHARI & UNA...

1)Stop lying...

2) Take Responsibility...you were part of Nigeria corrupt & unenviable past(Governor, Minister, Head of PTF, Head of State)...

3) Reshuffle cabinet...get technocrats...

4)Stop Nepotism & Selective Justice...

5)Confront Fulani herdsmen notwithstanding you are there grand patron....

btw...your remuneration is issue of legislation and can't be cut or stopped without legislation...so when did NASS deliberate on such? And so it is not only PDP faithfuls that are complaining again

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:47am On Sep 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ok.

But we must try.
u make zombiesm look so palatable & well garnished. #ihailthee

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by knightsTempler: 5:48am On Sep 09, 2016
I said it before: A leader that cant create wealth for himself cant create it for his followers. You simply can't give what you don't have! You can't promise me change and when I expect it you tell me that #ChangeBeginsWithMe. If it begins with me, then why do I need you?

-Reno Omokri

Femi Adeshina is a tool, Buhari and his gang of APC rogues have destroyed our country, it's time to take our country back from this band of incompetent charlatans.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:53am On Sep 09, 2016
It Is Only PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining- Chris Ngige 2016

No Nigerian Is Suffering- Femi Adesina 2016

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by cold(m): 5:54am On Sep 09, 2016
'Government has responsibility to protect the citizens, and not engage in blame game'
#LaiMohammedOnGEJ May 25, 2014
Can you all start practising what you preach already? This is so irritating, exasperating and infuriating.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by tellwisdom: 5:54am On Sep 09, 2016
Adeshina, the presidential comedian. The guy, Be looking like 4days old black amala

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Larryfest(m): 6:03am On Sep 09, 2016
Now he too is hungry I thought he said Nigerians are not suffering na? This shameless set of people in govt sha,one minute they yarning dust from their mouth the next they are saying another thing.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:09am On Sep 09, 2016
jesse8048:
Just shut that your buccal cavity Mr man. Are u trying to compare yourself with minimum wage that can't buy a bag of rice or people whose salary has been slashed by 50% or people who lost their job completely or people whose business has folded up. When will u all in the govt stop this blame game cos it's already stale. When your principal was using politicians instead of technocrats what was he thinking. Useless people.
Could you define a technocrat and how (s)he is different from a politician?

5 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by mazimee(m): 6:10am On Sep 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ok.

But we must try.

Your daily bread depends on it. You don't try on a job you are paid for, you give your best.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by eleojo23: 6:11am On Sep 09, 2016
I thought he said no Nigerian is suffering?
APC is pure evil.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by eleojo23: 6:13am On Sep 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ok.

But we must try.
Keep trying.
Hunger never catch you very well.

When it does, you will change your username to HungerVeryBAD. angry

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by nofij(m): 6:14am On Sep 09, 2016
This dolt doesn't know that while he has the luxury to access his "legitimate annual income" and of course the illegitimate one, majority of the masses do not.

I don't even have the strength to rain swear words on you Mr Femi because it wouldn't work but just be ready to submit to defeat along with your power hungry master once you lose in 2019.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Agimor(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2016
It seem Adesina has join the wailers bandwagon lolxx.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by nofij(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ok.

But we must try.
If not your hunger will skyrocket more than you can imagine.
Keep up with it Mr Defense minister.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by onespecial(m): 6:17am On Sep 09, 2016
If u have never read Animal farm by George Orwell and his 1984, you have no need to worry. Come and take a seat, relax and watch it freely from Nigeria and APC drama.

We are almost done with Animal farm, so you can rewind a little to just to feed your anger. Immediatelly they got power, they have changed their party anthem of change to change begins with me that did not mention change in any way to them, more or less promising change

Buhari now knows all are not equal as some can afford dollars while some can't. He is eating our chickens and eggs alone while we suffer oo

His bull dogs are on rampage, harrassing and silencing any opposition.

see Adesina telling us he has a pay cut too. What does he mean by that ? Is it that, we accept the situation or die as it's none of their business ?

1984 is the next movie, the big brother picture, policies, doublespeak to suit the present and enforcement agents will soon be all over Nigeria.

Same man wanted to start all these in same 1984 when he introduced queuing to buy essential commodities. Thank God he was thrown out then.

Out of no where, he has come back again to continue from where he stopped. Truely 1984 was written because of him and he wants to live up to assignment, but God is the supreme being, no shaking. Big brother is under His power.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 09, 2016
Oh ye' my country.... Smile cometh soon, really fast.

Good words of hope uncle Femo. Truly, We are suffering. salaries remain stagnant and yet, our daily need prices keep soaring. Uncle, we are suffering. We know uncle, yes we do. This country's train lost its fast moving engines when we voted a 'father-christmas' rather than a president. He made his cohorts milk Nigeria dry and alas! We suffer the consequence.
Uncle Femi, i can't agree more that the present 'sheriff' is doing all he can to make sure Nigeria have her legs back on track again. All we ask of him is to fast track his good wills and give us many reasons to smile again.
Uncle, do not mind my friends that have spoken up there.... We are all praying they will learn one day. Afterall, Jesus forgave those that crucified him too.

God bless me
God bless my home and family.
God bless good Nairalanders
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

Note this...

Drabeey was Here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by wordcat(m): 6:22am On Sep 09, 2016
Can't believe that Femi can utter those words

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by Mcowubaba: 6:23am On Sep 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ok.

But we must try.
Bro, Rather it should be - it's not Easy to cure a Zombie/Walking Dead grin

But we must try...

Even Rick in Walking dead TV series, is finding a hard time to deal with the Gullible Zombies.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by onespecial(m): 6:28am On Sep 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Could you define a technocrat and how (s)he is different from a politician?

Now in ur reasoning, both are same thing even when i can point out their little differences without defining them. At least, they are not pronounced same way, not same spelling, not same number of syllables.

Let me spare you defining them for you in order not to make you a zombified fool.

So all praise singers Buhari gathered to settle with positions are technocrats, really ? Kindly tell us what they have done or intend to do that shows little sign that they are up to or equal to your own expectations. Receive your deliverance, amen.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 6:29am On Sep 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Ok.

But we must try.
Time shall tell you guys that are living comfortably abroad is toying with the destiny if Nigerians.
only God will judge you guys

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 6:33am On Sep 09, 2016
[s]
Drabeey:
Oh ye' my country.... Smile cometh soon, really fast.

Good words of hope uncle Femo. Truly, We are suffering. salaries remain stagnant and yet, our daily need prices keep soaring. Uncle, we are suffering. We know uncle, yes we do. This country's train lost its fast moving engines when we voted a 'father-christmas' rather than a president. He made his cohorts milk Nigeria dry and alas! We suffer the consequence.
Uncle Femi, i can't agree more that the present 'sheriff' is doing all he can to make sure Nigeria have her legs back on track again. All we ask of him is to fast track his good wills and give us many reasons to smile again.
Uncle, do not mind my friends that have spoken up there.... We are all praying they will learn one day. Afterall, Jesus forgave those that crucified him too.

God bless me
God bless my home and family.
God bless good Nairalanders
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

Note this...

Drabeey was Here
[/s]
chaii!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina: My Salary Was Cut By One-third, I Go Hungry Too by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2016
onespecial:

Now in ur reasoning, both are same thing even when i can point out their little differences without defining them. At least, they are not pronounced same way, not same spelling, not same number of syllables.

Let me spare you defining them for you in order not to make you a zombified fool.

So all praise singers Buhari gathered to settle with positions are technocrats, really ? Kindly tell us what they have done or intend to do that shows little sign that they are up to or equal to your own expectations. Receive your deliverance, amen.
I asked a simple question, the difference between technocrats and politicians. Under GEJ, what was the contributions of a "technocrat" like Dasuki to the country?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun Guessing On Use Of 2.2Tn Borrowed Funds - Punch / Judges Boycott Courts In Abuja To Protest Arrest Of Colleagues / South-East, South-South Governors Hold Vigil In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.