Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] (168673 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 10:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
CHAPTER 35

As day goes by, I was fast recovering, victor was showering me with love and spoiling me rotten with gift. I had not heard from fancy ever since he left her. With what he was currently passing through in his career I felt the need to be by him even if it till everything cools down. I never thought it was possible to feel something for two people at the same time. If you tell the old Jennifer about falling in love with two guys at the same time, she would simply laugh and call the girl a confused girl. But here am I doing the same thing I never thought possible on this planet earth. Fancy news was getting more and more weight,abusive tweets were flying around call him a fraudster and what not. Yet his camp kept mute about the matter. Not even a defensive statement was putted out. Finally the case was taken up by the national broadcasting cooperation(NBC) and a three months ban on Tours and shows was placed on him.

Come what may, the feelings I have for him surpasses any other guy so I really felt bad when I heard. I started blaming my self for everything he is going through but what would I . The world doesn't want us together and would stop at nothing to keep us apart even if I have to surfer or dead for it. All The question he asked the other day before he left (do you think ending a budding love just because it experiencing some challenges is the easy way out.if i thought been in love was the hardest thing on Earth) came rushing into my head. I started dissecting these question in my head cause if I don't start early to tackle this, to know what I really want in my life, I see more problems in the future especially with victor coming in strongly into the picture.

I was deep in thought I didn't even know the nurse had come into my room to give me my last dose of my five-hourly drug. She touched me that was I saw her. I readjust myself but from the look on her face she had been standing there for a while. She put down her tray picked up her string and small bottles and extracted from them colorist liquid after other.

NURSE: (still extracting the liquids from the bottles) what have taken you mind so far away that you were lost in thought.
ME: (looked to my sides then at her to be certain she was talking to me) oh nothing much just people I missed.
NURSE: (laughed a little then put down the string then sat on my bed then look me into the eyes) dear apart from been a nurse did you know I had a B.S.C in psychology. So apart from been a regular nurse I have time to time side job helping people with trauma and difficult situations. So don't lying tome
ME: (I gave her this unbelieving stare) am no lying to you.
NURSE: (she took my hands in hers) physically you are almost well but psychologically you are crippled.at first I thought it was because of what you went through when you were but I recently noticed it is from it. listen It don't matter how soon you leave here believe me when I say if you dont treat yourself psychologically you would break down in no time and then it might lead to other server health conditions.

I stared at her as she spook, she was right i was psychologically crippled so I opened up to her about my life and relationship problems with fancy and victor being the frontliners. She kept mute as she listened to my story to the end. When I was through she said nothing she just got up, took the loaded string and came close to me took my hand and injected me. This drug was more powerful than the previous ones so I started feeling dizzy almost immediately but I struggled to keep my eyes open. I wanted to hear what the nurse had to say.

ME: (in a weak shaky voice) what should I do .
NURSE: (she looked down on me and smiled) wrong question dreary. The question I want you to sleep with is what do I really want.

Sleep took control, I lost her voice as I drift up into sleep.

3 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by ayaobaidowu: 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
tnx for d update,but too small sha.
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by dasilver20(f): 4:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
Onyenso clap for yourself ur story is amazing
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by refiner(f): 9:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
Why nah...no updates for a long time now cry
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Lankyannie(f): 12:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
CRIOUSLYONYENSO where art thou,am so lovin dz story.plz coman do d nidful cus am already missn d story.u rili a talentd writer,more wisdom 2u dear.
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
CHAPTER 36
My sight was blurry,my head was banging as if I just woke from the worst of all hangovers,the room was as quiet as a cemetery aside from a soft music from d TV & packing sound of stuff I didn't know for how long but I knew I had slept for quiet a long time. I tried to adjust my eyes to dark room lightened by the small blue light illuminating from the bulb above. but I could still see Sarah parking my stuff from the table into a handbag and Victor was sitting on a chair next to my bed. he might have doze off cause he had his head thrown backward. My eyes kept darting tro and fro in the room as if it was my first day here. I tried to get up but I couldn't my head was full and it looked like my whole body belong to someone else cause I was too weak to control any part of it.

SARAH; (turned as she emitted a suspicious kind of smile) oh beautiful you're awake!! (She tap her brother who had dozed off on the chair on the shoulder and he woke) bro we are packed and ready to leave.

Victor turned to look at me then his face lightened up with this handsome smile when he saw that I was awake. But I was too dizzy and weak to care about such smiles and it's intent.

VICTOR; deary you are awake. Are you ready to leave here.
ME; (I was ready but too weak to even stand. But didn't know how tell him.) Yeah. But ....! (Then held back)
VICTOR; (displayed a blank inquisitive face) what? Tell me.

I just kept staring at him, I didn't know how to tell him .I have never demanded any thing from any guy so it it was a bit hard for me.
VICTOR; what is it. am here for you so feel free to talk to me about anything you want.
SARAH; (laughed behind us. And his brother turned to stare at her to know what's funny) sorry!! But the slyly shy girl can't get up and that's what she doesn't know how to tell you.

Sarah had taken the words right off my blocked voice. Victor turned and looked at with this is it true kind of face and smile.

ME; (smiled as I Stared at her) I hate you very much.
SARAH; I know.
ME; I mean it I hate you.
SARAH; i said I know.
VICTOR; (got up to leave ) mummy just pack the rest of the stuff I would be back let me sign the rest of discharge paper so we can leave.
ME; get nurse chichi for me.

He left then Sarah went back to packing. But I notice something on her. A sprinkling I guess gold ring on her fourth finger. I wanted to ask her why outrightly but for the second time today found it hard to ask. The shy part of me must be working hard against me today.

ME; babe what have been happening to you since I was away.
SARAH; ( she replied without turning or stopping what she was doing). Nothing serious just been discharged some week back and school reopening and me going back to school. And the regular school stuff. Nothing much.
ME; nothing again?
Now she turned and looked at me and her eyes met mine staring at the ring on the finger. she smiled then went to door opened it and peeped outside I guess looking to make sure her brother wasn't near She then close the door.
SARAH; Morgan ask me to marry him.
ME; (surprised on how crazy she was) what? Are you okay . how do think such marriage would work.
VICTOR; (walked in on us still discussing) which marriage isn't working. Have my slyly sister started bugging you again with her nonsensical talks.
SARAH; hoooomu!!! Bro you have started again.
VICTOR; please let leave here. You girls can continue your gossip at home. (@ me) nurse chichi had gone home. You can see her for whatever reason you wanted when you come for check up.

Victor walked up to me and without warning zoom !! Off the bed I went into his arms as we started leaving with Sarah carrying the bag after us. My shy nature was so much killing me.

ME; please I can walk now. Please put me down.
VICTOR; ( ignored me as he walked in) if you didn't want me to carry you would have gotten up before I came back

We walked on till we reached the where the car was parked I looked behind to see Sarah laughing at us. then he dropped me on the passenger side as Sarah dropped the bags at the back sit where she also sat. Victor drove off as we left the hospital. But I knew my life would never be what it used to be again. But how much it changed I was yet to know

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by nanadeeva01(f): 8:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
Tank God. Why are the update slow nd this one is short
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
finally my I.T is over so 2 4 7 una go see updates

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by bossy512(f): 8:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
Wehdone, more wisdom, is quite some time, hope everything okay. God is your strength, thanks
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
bossy512:
Wehdone, more wisdom, is quite some time, hope everything okay. God is your strength, thanks
everything is fine
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by bossy512(f): 9:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
Onyenso100:
everything is fine
Glory to God
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Chizim1: 9:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
thank u i love this story try and give us more up-date
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Ehmjay(m): 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Quite some time Onye...Hope you re back to stay and make us yearning 4 more fantastic update 4rm dz masterpiece
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 11:05am On Mar 31, 2017
Ehmjay:
Quite some time Onye...Hope you re back to stay and make us yearning 4 more fantastic update 4rm dz masterpiece
lol yeah am back and this time is for real

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 11:06am On Mar 31, 2017
Chizim1:
thank u i love this story try and give us more up-date
update is coming up ryt now
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by angelliza(f): 2:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
Onyenso100:
update is coming up ryt now
Like u normally say
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
angelliza:
Like u normally say
lol .nooo!! I promise I am a changed person
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by ehSKay(m): 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
I av bin xpetin d update imidiately u posted dat update ws comin soon.
Onyenso100:
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by angelliza(f): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
Onyenso100:
I will be waiting ooo
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Chizim1: 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=Onyenso100 post=55127107] update is coming up ryt now[/quote

Koooo but don't keep us toomuch waiting thanks
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2017
CHAPTER 37

being back here at my hostel,being free at last and breathing fresh air void of smell of drugs and the harsh faces of my kidnappers was like a golden egg given to me on a plater.

Unlike the Sarah my best friend I knew she had gone to bed. Quietly I laid on the bed,with Sarah's new phone I dialed mum's number where she screamed at me on how irresponsible I had become that I had to stay for a whole 10 months without even calling her or coming home. From the look of things and the way she sounded it was obvious that was unaware of the great bad ordeal I had pass through in the hands of my tormentors . had it been she knew, she might have even died before the plan of any rescue mission was initiated cause I was her everything,the only asset she had in this world or so I thought. As politely and as respectful as I could I pleaded as I tried to came her down with the promise to visit her over the weekend and explain to her why I haven't come home or called for such a long time. As I ended the call I switched on the TV and watched some nollywood movies till almost midnight till I was gravely hungry I then switched to a music channel and left it as I went to kitchen to get some food. I had barely on the stove when I heard Sarah's phone ring again. I left the kitchen and came back to the room to pick the phone. I looked at the screen the called I.D was big bros so I guess it was VICTOR. I tried to wake SARAH but that was mission impossible as would just turn and continue sleeping. So I had no other option than to pick it.

ME; hello, please call back tomorrow the owner of the phone had gone to bed.
VICTOR; jenny
ME; yeah who is this( forming ignorant of who was calling)
VICTOR; (laughed ) don't be funny. Didn't you see the caller I.D to know who was calling am sure she might have saved my number on that phone.
ME; (still lying) oh!! broda am sorry i didn't check the caller I.D before picking the call.
VICTOR; anyway are you OK?,Have you eaten this evening?, Why aren't you sleep? Don't you know you have not recovered full and your body needs all the sleep it can get blah! Blahh!! Blahhh!!!
ME; brother am fine. Am not a toddler I can take care of myself.
VICTOR; I know you are big girl who can take care of herself but the doctor told me specifically to make sure you get enough rest. In fact but for your stubbornness you have no reason be there. in that house but here where I can keep my eyes on you.

I was in between the call when fancy's song came up. This one was new as it was titled SCAR. The lyrics of the song was so deep and touching that I was distracted from the call as I focused fully on the song. After the song a signature was left at the back of the video title SCAR THE EP now in your local shop grab your copy. True talk there was no way I was not going to buy this EP. But for reasons I didn't even know yet.

I was getting emotionally confused by the second. Who loved me more VICTOR or FANCY, who was my feelings deeper for. How would I handle this mess of a love triangle without hurting either party I didn't know. All this was eating up from inside out. And how this was all going to work out only time would tell.

I Was pondering on this when sleep arrested me and jailed me to four hour imprisonment in dreamland only to be released the next morning when a soft knock landed on my door. I wondered who it might be this early?

2 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Sarphee: 12:12am On Apr 01, 2017
Nice story sweetie... More blessings
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Ehmjay(m): 11:43am On Apr 01, 2017
Nice kinky update...I'm glad you are really acting like the changed person you are
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2017
Ehmjay:
Nice kinky update...I'm glad you are really acting like the changed person you are
i told you
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
CHAPTER 38

I opened my door only to see a little handsome kid stand there with a a bouquet of flowers. He was smiling and showing me a set of white beautiful teeth.

KID; aunty good morning!
ME; good morning dear,how are you.
KID; am fine aunty thank you. Aunty I went to by something for my mummy outside, one brother gave me these things to bring to aunty Jenifer (stretching his hand to give me the bouquet of flowers).
ME; (stared at the flower for a moment before taking it from him while wondering who it might be) handsome where is he?.
KID; (pointing outside ) he is outside the gate .
ME; can you come and show him to me.
WOMAN; (screaming) Jamel what is holding you come there.
KID; (also screaming in his small beautiful voice) ma am coming!!!. Aunty my mummy is calling me I have to go. Just go outside the gate,you would see him near his car.

He ran off to see his mum before I could say another word. Immediately I ran inside and tied a wrapper around my sleeping gown as I hurried Down with the flower still in my hand. Reaching outside the gate,I saw no one,no guy and definitely no car so I became a little bit confused.

I went back inside, opened the wrapper beneath the flower and two cards fall off,I picked them up l,on one was an inscription"thanks for getting well" with nothing written inside the card but the one was just a plain white cover card with nothing written on it. Curiously I opened it and found a little hand written content inside"you might be ready to put me on you past and forget about me but I would remember you every minute of the day,even if you decided to kill the feelings you have for me, my love for you alone is enough to sustain us both" still no sender name nor I.D
Just then SARAH turned, so hastily I picked the cards and flowers and threw them into the wardrobe she would wake up. I then left for the bathroom to take my bath cause I had to go to school for the first time in nine months,I also had to go for my checkups and also go out and get my life back on track and all this I can't do if I keep staying indoors like I have been doing for the past two day I came back from the hospital. But first thing first, I rushed off to the bathroom.
I took my bath then woke SARAH who sluggishly woke up and went to take her bath. I dressed up and sat down to apply some make up and before long i was ready for the day's hassle and bustle. So I sat to wait for SARAH who later came out and dress quickly but was taking forever to apply makeup. She was still at it when her phone rang again and it happen to be Morgan. They started talking for close to an hour with so much i love you and I love you too in every part of their sentence. It got me wondering where this their relationship was heading to. How Morgan's parents would feel when they learn that it was the recuse mission carried out by SARAH'S brother VICTOR that lead to the death of their only daughter. But who am I to poke nose into their relationship cause it doesn't concern me. After all I haven't been able to manage my own love affairs well and she has never for a day tried to control it.

After listening to their so much I love you,I miss you, you are my this,you're my that. She ended the call at last and we finally set out for school. But trouble comes into someone's life,it doesn't come alone,it come with it family members. Going back to school that day was like the worst mistake I ever made cause it threw me deeper into more emotional confusion on who to chose VICTOR or FANCY
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Chizim1: 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2017
nice story keep it rolling but don't allow janny to chose fancy. thanks
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Harkyn92(m): 5:57am On Apr 02, 2017
if you start a sorry by September and the story never finish by April, abeg forget about the story.

3 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2017
Harkyn92:
if you start a sorry by September and the story never finish by April, abeg forget about the story.
really? gee time na money am I not trying mixing work with ryting this stuff
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Sarphee: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2017
Harkyn92:
......bros small small abeg cry grin
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Ehmjay(m): 6:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
Harkyn92:
I'm pretty sure you are d type of author that commence and finish a story in 10 mins.Learn to manage your mb when yhu gat nawfin 2 offer dan a dull piece of nonsense talk...Fvck off Dumbass
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
CHAPTER 39

Right from when I came down from the taxi with SARAH and entered the school gate,everyone was staring at me,side talks were flying around, those who were bold enough walked up to me thanking God for rescuing me and bringing me back to school safely. I never understood how many people came to know me and what had happened to me but I guess that was one of the perks of being around a star.

SARAH left for her own department and I went towards my but before i could get to my departmental block, I hugged,greeted and hand shakes by over fifty people including my lecturers who heard of what had happened to me. I started feeling dizzy and a server headache because of all the hugging, screaming and handshaking. When I finally made it through to my departmental classroom, it was like a mini party everyone was celebrating my return as if I was a celebrity. As everyone was hugging and handshaking me one after the other. My dizziness was getting the best part of me and if I don't get Fresh air soon,I don't know what might happen cause I felt like collapsing. but still,they didn't give me a breathing space.

I was already weak and was breathing heavily when finally,I came face to face with someone I least expected to see since I didn't see his flashy cars packed outside. I was motionless ,all I could do was stare at him as he smiled while stretching his hand for a handshake. I was nervous in front of him,I couldn't breath any longer so I tried to stretch my hand to receive the handshake but lost my balance. The last I remembered was FANCY racing towards me as I snubbed before finally blacking out.

Gradually I opened my eyes,I couldn't see clearly at first but o knew that this wasn't my room neither was this the classroom. I saw two heavily built men dressed in black standing by the door. My left hand had a syringe with drip attached to it while someone had my right palm in his as he placed his forehead on them I guess he must have Dozed off. Then it was done on me that I was in a hospital.

ME; (in a small shaky voice) Francis!
FANCY; (she raised his head and looked at me smiling while still handling my palm. Then slowly he kissed it) yes am here, right here with you
ME; where are am,what is happening to me.
FANCY; (placed a finger on my lips) ssh! You are asking a lot of question. You need all the rest you can get right now.
ME; (getting a little pissed off then tried getting up) where am I?
FANCY; (stood as he placed he hands on my shoulders) relax!!
ME; (almost screaming) take your hands off me.
FANCY; OK just chill. You are in a hospital.
ME; hospital? How? Why?.
FANCY; the doctor said the drugs in your system was still active so when you stressed yourself and raised your blood pulse it burned you out that was why you collapsed. But now you are awake you are free to go home. But avoid stressful things.

I opened my mouth to speak,immediately bang the door flew open as VICTOR and SARAH came rushing in.
VICTOR; (pushed FANCY aside harshly) mummy what happened
ME; (was still staring at FANCY) I don't know but was told I collapse in the classroom but am OK no...

I was about finishing my sentence when I saw FANCY hastily leave with his guards. He might have felt hurt by Victor's action which I said nothing about. Instantly, a strange feeling over run me. Quickly I dragged the syringe off my arm,jumped down from the bed as I raced after them. My reaching outside was when their car screeched and zoomed off on a top speed. I ran after it to stop it but couldn't.
Quietly I sat by the flower by the entrance of the hospital with my head bowed and my two palms against my forehead supporting my head as tears kept running down my face.

2 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:31pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ehmjay:
I'm pretty sure you are d type of author that commence and finish a story in 10 mins.Learn to manage your mb when yhu gat nawfin 2 offer dan a dull piece of nonsense talk...Fvck off Dumbass
pls read this for relaxation and fun . I don't need harsh tone on someone

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.