Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School (81951 Views)

Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by amazinggrace11: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
IMO, I think this is hypocrisy, if he truly wants to carry out restitution then he should carry it out completely. All the knowledge he has gained in one way or the other through his waec result should be forfeited, unless he can do that then he is just being foolish in the name of religion.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by piagetskinner(m): 12:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
AKBliv010:

Sharrap! Tell me something I don't know. "Not everyone" ...which kind thought process you get sef, stating the obvious to sound intelligent.

Gerarahere mehn!

Una hear the word sex u wan come dey form holy! Abi you think say you fall from sky? No child is born without sex.

The sex I'm talking about here is premarital...
When did it become a crime to b holy?

Im not responsible for how U percieve my statement..it only shows your level of comprehension...U should learn to comprehend...Nd stop acting like a little kid with your mischievous comments
Have a nice day
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Aspiregreat: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2016
Helistys:
Guess he is a young believer,with time he will grow to understand that it is not by personal work/deed, power or the individual's might to do things.You serve the Lord with directions from the Holy spirit.
I missed a great job offer many years ago because i thought the director and most people in that particular company were unbelievers.Only for me to know later that they weren't even employing me on merits but on moral ground but i missed it cos of a baseless point,
OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY UNLESS YOU GO BACK TO SIN.
NOT ALL THINGS/SITUATIONS ARE RESTITUTABLE.
Let him be, time will tell.#myopinion###.

Word! You have written from experience and that's great. Restitution is right, necessary and biblical but atimes as you explicitly pointed out we need the help and direction of the Holy Spirit and proper counselling before embarking on such act. Many lives are in jeopardy today cus they thought they were doing the right thing.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by NevetsIbot(m): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
Although Ion support cheating but this guy is being unreasonable.. God forgave you for cheating already. Why do you think you can make it right by restituting and doing yourself
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by AKBliv010(m): 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
piagetskinner:

The sex I'm talking about here is premarital...
When did it become a crime to b holy?

Im not responsible for how U percieve my statement..it only shows your level of comprehension...U should learn to comprehend...Nd stop acting like a little kid with your mischievous comments
Have a nice day

You come up with a cocky comment and dig a dipper hole with the "premarital" nonsense how many couples do you know that haven't had sex before marriage....start counting!

This title can't be taken seriously to be honest , you should try showing some sense of humour.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
salz01:

I don't wanna say anything but your reply really got me
imagine if it was not a result and assume d guy impregnated a girl and d baby is about 5years old before he decided to be born again or "wareva"
am just asking how do u think he's gonna start over
maybe kill d girl and d baby and start a new life bah
or even divorce her , and start afresh to be a true Christian
u don't really mean it I guess

The 2 cases are way different. Restitution is not about destroying your past.... But rather, you consciously making the wrong things right. In the case you mentioned if it be that he denied responsibility of the pregnancy, the he really should apologize and obtain the girls forgiveness, then take responsibility for that child. If they are living together already without proper marriage, then it is needed.
In the case of murder or abortion, an open confession to the people who you must have stepped on especially the families which you can remember was hurt is your restitution.
Stolen items, wrongly obtained items, falsified documents and such should be confessed and where possible, returned.

This is what the BIBLE means by, 'Having a conscience void of offense, towards GOD and towards Men'.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by lazyList: 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
manjiggy:

It was a moral decision rather a religious one.

He said he have encountered limelight of the gospel of Jesus Christ which call for repentance and restitution.

True morality and religious molarity differs extremely.

so what if he never encountered the limelight of Christ
he must have continued in his sinful ways...that's molarity as regards religion.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by yimjac(m): 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Rednaxelot:
nonsense!

He could have confessed he wasn't able to cope again in the school!

Can we know his CGPA at that time of writing this letter of withdrawal?

IF HE IS FEELING GUILTY LET HIM GO BACK TO PRIMARY SCHOOL TO START AFRESH........
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Abmalcom(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Let me just say that this is pure naivety of the Scripture. Even though the Bible encourages that we should restitute our ways, there are some things that cannot be restituted but just asking God for forgiveness. For examble, if you had a child out of wedlock but become born again after wards, how do you restitute? Our brother that has withdrawn from the University because of a "faulty" result can he return the knowledge he has gained in the university?
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by RoninSignals: 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
if it was to be a Muslim he or she would be tagged a as fanatic, extremist and uncivilized dud.
Islam all you have done in the past out of ignorance or lack of knowledge would be forgiven
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Darnyel: 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
ladyF:
I don't even know what to say. Maybe he did the right thing, maybe not. Let me just say some people's consciences are more active than some. If he is at peace with it, then fine. Tomorrow when he gets admission with a result he worked hard for, he'll be able to justify this withdrawal from school.

But until then, most people's opinion will be that he didn't think well before doing this.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me. N390/$[/size]

Your comment was intelligent. However, I believe grace covers him because he did all those things when he was not saved. He could have been saved after he has retired; what would he have done? Anyways, it's okay if it's gonna give him rest of mind.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Endy4all(m): 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
classicB:
What religion will cause in this country!! Let me just shut up already

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by bigiyaro(m): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
This guy don fuvk up big time, we know how business is done in naija, then after this guy will come and expose all the company's under-table dealings or as a business partner he will block all the shady n juicy deals. Anyway I have noted dis guy.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by datigbogirl: 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
henriettanenye:
Am speechless, its obvious some can't control guilty conscience

Just Speechless

Some people just don't understand forgiveness, they think it's all about restitution but it's simply realizing you're wrong and saying sorry....
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by JustMercy: 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
agbotemi64:
Letter Of UNILORIN Student Withdrew Himself After Given Life To Christ

..REASON FOR MY WITHDRAWAL FROM THE UNIVERSITY..

#MR.BAYO from Unilorin

Many people have spoken on this action and that is the reflection of their understanding, belief and principles their life is based on.

For a born again Christian RESTITUTION is far fading away from church and that is one one of the reasons why genuine Christian are scare in church today, corruption is increasing in our society, our live can't be a testimony for others to repent or positively challenge unbelievers.

If the young is convince the WAEC result was gotten from malpractise, not a TRUE representation of is capacity and everyday he see it Holy Spirit kept telling that "you know this is not you". He is just wise to have done what he did. Afterall who is he leaving for? Is it not to please God and fulfill God's purpose for his life. Let everyone know that it is as we please God that we become a blessing to our society.

If u are on this forum and u know that u are keeping what is not yours, REPENT and return whatever u are holding that is not yours. That is a sign that u have truly repented. Jesus loves you all. Heaven is real and except a man be born again (acknowledged ones sin and accept the gift of salvation through the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ) he cannot get to heaven and reign with God. Repent and restitute today. Jesus loves u.

1 Like

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by yorhmienerd(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
His parent would be like

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by mostyg(m): 8:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
There are two issues I would like to address.
1. Leaking an official document.
The letter attached to this post is an official document and should not have been attached. Whosoever might have leaked this document stands a good chance of loosing his job and possible spend some years behind bar.

2. What the guy did is according to his understanding of restitution. People should be wary of doing anything in secret that involves another person. The other person may come up in future to expose your deeds in the spirit of restitution.

If this guy strongly believe in restitution, he should take a step ahead and report himself to the police for prosecution. He should also plead guilty when arraigned for maximum jail time.

What happened in secret should be kept in secret as long as it hasnt hurt another man.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
slimmy2005:
The more reason why you're still typing like this. Are you going backward or forward?

Shame on you!
Someone that doesn't have brains to decipher and read any method of typing shouldn't be granted rights to waste our oxygen on this planet. What's wrong with the way I typed? Or do you want to compete the language of English with me here? Hey kid, if you have nothing meaningful to say, why not preserve that precious MB of yours for something better?
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
freshboy88:

and hw does that relate to d reason he has given for withdrawal?....Oga, if u dont have anytin meaningful to post, just SHARAP n folo the thread....mtchewwww
U can go and tell ur father to sharap.my post was not meant for dropouts like you.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Mavrick2012: 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
herzern:
Atheists won't like this....

Buh to the Guy....

Old thinqs have passed away and all thinqs have become new.....

He should have continued....All what He should do is ask for forgiveness and show reqrets about the action..........

Mesev....My Maths result...nah by "ehrm ehrm".....and I no commot school..... grin grin
this is why i like religion.
When you come to a cross road, drop your integrity, get what you want,
then ask God for forgiveness. Lol
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Ken4Christ: 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
The man that cheated is not him but the old man. He should have just asked for forgiveness and move on with his studies. This is the price you pay when you don't hear the right message.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by abohsilas: 8:49am On Sep 13, 2016
Acts 17:30 Such [former] ages of ignorance God, it is true, ignored and allowed to pass unnoticed; but now He charges all people everywhere to repent (to change their minds for the better and heartily to amend their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins),
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by freshboy88(m): 1:21am On Sep 14, 2016
DOLLARTEX:
U can go and tell ur father to sharap.my post was not meant for dropouts like you.
Dis will b no need 2 tell my fada dat because he isn't as stupid n ignorant as u n ur linage are...#nitwit
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
freshboy88:

Dis will b no need 2 tell my fada dat because he isn't as stupid n ignorant as u n ur linage are...#nitwit
You meant lineage!see how u are advertising the real you in public,shame.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by manjiggy(m): 6:19am On Sep 15, 2016
lazyList:

He said he have encountered limelight of the gospel of Jesus Christ which call for repentance and restitution.

True morality and religious molarity differs extremely.

so what if he never encountered the limelight of Christ
he must have continued in his sinful ways...that's molarity as regards religion.

Religion only helped him connect (re-connect) with his conscience.

Same with an armed robber who stops taking other people's things because he/she has found religion.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by lazyList: 6:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
manjiggy:

Religion only helped him connect (re-connect) with his conscience.

Same with an armed robber who stops taking other people's things because he/she has found religion.

No, no sir...

Not only just to reconnect with his conscience but ultimately he needs religion to sustain it...that's why he will keep studying the Bible, keep going to church etc, reminding himself reasons not to go back to his olds ways.

When a thief encounters Christ,
he reconnects only with his conscience, as u said..
...and then forgets about religion
that's funny sir...

actually that's when he 'll deep himself into it...you will see him preaching to people, telling them about his old ways and how he found Christ and also to repent like he did...

in fact he ll probably turn into a pasta.... #Gh

Now TRUE MORALITY still stands the thirst of time...

You don't require anything or anybody whatsoever of any sort reminding you the reasons to do good...

Doing good should be an integral part of us all without regards to who's watching or what comes after if we fail to...

One thing that is certain in us all is that...
We all know WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS BAD...

If just 40 to 60% of Nigerians have this mindset, we can never be where we are today.

... that's why we must embrace true morality and also know that change begins with us, individually.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibidun Ighodalo Is Dead / Desmond Tutu's Daughter Weds Her Lesbian Partner & he Was there (Pics) / Beautiful Picture Of Married Couples Of Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.