Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School (81949 Views)

Born Again Lady, Sylvia Eguonor, Shares Before & After Photos / Born Again Lady Uses Knife To Cut Her Tattooed Hand After Using Hot Iron / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Lol, many people commenting here really don't know the true essence of Christianity. .. Its only those whose Salvation were genuine that would understand him.
You talk of wisdom, Talk of go and sin no more, old things are passed away, and other defenses right in your own eyes..... But you forget about Zaccheus.... Who Jesus came to eat in his house, but it was until he vowed to return all he has stolen that Jesus said 'Now is Salvation come to your house'.

I know of few people who has done this and they still excelled and have nothing to regret about their past.
A bank Accountant once withdrew from the job when he owned up on his faked certificates after Salvation....now he's a millionaire and having his own firm.
A 4th year student in Futo with a 2 1 result did the same, Re wrote waec and Jamb that year, got admission into same school and same course, came out with a 1st class.
I can go on and on about these.

What he did is right and a core Biblical Principle...

1 Like

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by xtervaganza(m): 8:08am On Sep 11, 2016
And still people don't believe religious beliefs is a form of mental illness

1 Like

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by BlackOnassis(m): 8:12am On Sep 11, 2016
This is some Boko Haram/ISIS type of sh&t. Same mentality. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by iamNifemi(m): 8:30am On Sep 11, 2016
Yes! Change begin With Him. Na wetin Buwari want be this. PMB need to do the same perhaps!!
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Masterchef(m): 8:35am On Sep 11, 2016
It's possible the guy simply wants to change his course
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by legba1(m): 8:47am On Sep 11, 2016
Hmnnnn, does it not surprised you that the letter received very urgent attention from the authority and the processing is very rapid. You try asked for you transcript or even certificate or other documentation needs and see the snail speed at which the entire procee will take.....I feel the authority should just invite the dude for some counselling sessions and be sure he want to continue on that part....anyway...its his life..if this line of action brings him inner peace, so be it..

1 Like

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Daud2: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2016
Mere show off. Mtcheeeeeeew.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by feranmiajana: 8:53am On Sep 11, 2016
He is not serious, does that he will not commit any other SIN for the rest of his lifetime?

Is that the only SIN he has ever committed in his entire life?

NONSENSE!
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Basalt(m): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2016
stanleyalpacino:
I was scammed by a nairalander who claims he gives fixed matches. He claims he resides in kebbi state. His name is daodu opeyemi. I feel like stabbing him severally with chisles and knives in his neck ,groin and anus till he bleeds to death. Lesson : trust nobody,the Angel you think you know can be your worst nightmare.

You are just too dull.

Moderator ban this guy for derailing this thread.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by obstead200(m): 9:08am On Sep 11, 2016
If u grew up in deeper life ministry, (personally I did) u will understand why the guy did what he did. It is their standard doctrine in deeper life and frankly, it makes biblical sense to me. I respect the guy for his decision.
But as for me, I can't do that sh.it abeg
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by visi123: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2016
What happen about the rest of the sins he has committed? Since he has asked for forgiveness everything is forgiven. My view#
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by obstead200(m): 9:11am On Sep 11, 2016
legba1:
Hmnnnn, does it not surprised you that the letter received very urgent attention from the authority and the processing is very rapid. You try asked for you transcript or even certificate or other documentation needs and see the snail speed at which the entire procee will take.....I feel the authority should just invite the dude for some counselling sessions and be sure he want to continue on that part....anyway...its his life..if this line of action brings him inner peace, so be it..
it is officially proven that govt tertiary institutions in naija are wired to frustrate u when what u are asking from them will be of benefit to u. But So far as u are asking for what will be to ur detriment, the approval is given without delay. Even if it will cost them money
@ the bolded, they will never do that.
Personally, if I were the school mgmt, I will call the guy and let him know that we forgive him and grant him waiver of whatever stupid waec he was talking about, since it is clear that he is now a changed man. We will encourage him to continue schooling and forget old things. But if he insists, then he can mess off
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Emade(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2016
I wonder if it was Nigeria's that discover Christianity. we need understanding of the bible we carry.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by lankieman: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2016
No be una Bible say old things has passed away, new things has become new kiss
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Laido: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2016
PussySmasher:
Unilorin na university? Unilorin na secondary school na with their VC ambali abi muniru or what's the dudes name again sef...
On a lighter note, this kid dey do himself.
Many years ago I write waec, na mago mago I use. Jamb sef I use mago mago... I enter uni sef still use mago mago so tey I carry 2:1 commot ..remain small make I enter first class seff.

This life get as e be o. Its either you cheat or be cheated.

#peace.

I dey tell you bro .. Its either you bleeped or get bleeped! #Thats just it.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by lazyList: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2016
Religious mentality and attitude is killing us deeply!!!
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by SUPOL(m): 10:11am On Sep 11, 2016
ladyF:
I don't even know what to say. Maybe he did the right thing, maybe not. Let me just say some people's consciences are more active than some. If he is at peace with it, then fine. Tomorrow when he gets admission with a result he worked hard for, he'll be able to justify this withdrawal from school.

But until then, most people's opinion will be that he didn't think well before doing this.

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me. N390/$[/size]
He didn't get it right. Judas killed himself for selling Jesus. Peter repented after denying Him for three times and later became d head of d church. I don't think he understands Christianity well.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by manjiggy(m): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2016
encrypt:
I don't blame him as much as I blame whoever preached restitution to him... This topic is a very sore one because a course mate of mine experienced something similar...it ended in his death.
Preachers should be careful at what they say some people are quite fickle minded.

That said I hope he didn't get anybody to abort that would be one heck of an interesting restitution.

How Sir?
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by manjiggy(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2016
My people complain about the lack of upright people in our society but when one person displays such wonderful quality, he's labelled an idiot.

No wonder we are where we are as a nation.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by Nduway(m): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2016
Spiritual ignorance
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by encrypt(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2016
manjiggy:

How Sir?
How he died? I'd rather not discuss that...but what I am telling you is he quit school and this was the same reason...no he wasn't flunking, he was an above average student.
The next thing he was gone and it wasn't an accident, you can deduce the how yourself.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by sexyellency(m): 10:49am On Sep 11, 2016
PussySmasher:
Unilorin na university? Unilorin na secondary school na with their VC ambali abi muniru or what's the dudes name again sef...
On a lighter note, this kid dey do himself.
Many years ago I write waec, na mago mago I use. Jamb sef I use mago mago... I enter uni sef still use mago mago so tey I carry 2:1 commot ..remain small make I enter first class seff.

This life get as e be o. Its either you cheat or be cheated.

#peace.
And u dey here dey call Unilorin secondary school? with this ur mago mago lifestyle bro, u no fit even pass post utme talk less enter third class b4 u face tanke.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by walegee(m): 10:59am On Sep 11, 2016
Mr bayo u sited
i remain loyal

2 Likes

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by salz01: 11:13am On Sep 11, 2016
PRINCEZUKO1:
Lol, many people commenting here really don't know the true essence of Christianity. .. Its only those whose Salvation were genuine that would understand him.
You talk of wisdom, Talk of go and sin no more, old things are passed away, and other defenses right in your own eyes..... But you forget about Zaccheus.... Who Jesus came to eat in his house, but it was until he vowed to return all he has stolen that Jesus said 'Now is Salvation come to your house'.

I know of few people who has done this and they still excelled and have nothing to regret about their past.
A bank Accountant once withdrew from the job when he owned up on his faked certificates after Salvation....now he's a millionaire and having his own firm.
A 4th year student in Futo with a 2 1 result did the same, Re wrote waec and Jamb that year, got admission into same school and same course, came out with a 1st class.
I can go on and on about these.

What he did is right and a core Biblical Principle...
I don't wanna say anything but your reply really got me
imagine if it was not a result and assume d guy impregnated a girl and d baby is about 5years old before he decided to be born again or "wareva"
am just asking how do u think he's gonna start over
maybe kill d girl and d baby and start a new life bah
or even divorce her , and start afresh to be a true Christian
u don't really mean it I guess

1 Like

Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by wirinet(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2016
herzern:
Atheists won't like this....

Buh to the Guy....

Old thinqs have passed away and all thinqs have become new.....

He should have continued....All what He should do is ask for forgiveness and show reqrets about the action..........

Mesev....My Maths result...nah by "ehrm ehrm".....and I no commot school..... grin grin

This is exactly the christian doctrine that put me off Christianity. You commit crime or sin, confess your sins and ask for forgiveness, and you are free of guilt and consequences of your crimes; you are free to sin again to ask for forgiveness again.

I can sympathize with this brother, i hope his actions can clear his conscience and give him peace of mind. I also hope he has the energy and resources to pick up from where he left, and obtain his WAEC genuinely and get re-admitted into a university.

If other christians agree to accept responsibility for their actions, Nigeria and indeed the world would be a much better place. Imagine Christians Nigerian politicians having a prick of conscience and returning all they stolen loot they have taken from our treasury.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by passyhansome(m): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2016
THAT WAS A LITTLE BIT CANAL
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by ogegold1234(f): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2016
Lolzzz interesting! It is well with your soul brother
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by manjiggy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
lazyList:
Religious mentality and attitude is killing us deeply!!!

It was a moral decision rather a religious one.
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by chinweubajude(m): 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
examination malpractice is a crime and is Punishable by jail team. he should also go to police for proper prosecution
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by sirxbit(m): 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
The boy is stupid. if na person e kill before e repent unkor? e for bring the body back to life abi?
Re: Born Again UNILORIN Student Withdraws Himself From School by emmyleodet98(m): 12:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is serious..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ibidun Ighodalo Is Dead / Desmond Tutu's Daughter Weds Her Lesbian Partner & he Was there (Pics) / Beautiful Picture Of Married Couples Of Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.