Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,485 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? (164092 Views)

Construction Of A 5 Bedroom @ Lekki, Lagos / Can I Build A 5-bed Room Bungalow In Half Plot Of Land / A 5 bedroom duplex with BQ siting on a 400Sq meters@magodo phase 1, C/O .72m,, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by koning: 10:30am On Sep 14, 2016
Reference:

It is your fault. You should have engaged a proper team. Your ignorance and greed did you in. Use professionals. There is a reason they exist. The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for everything money. He tells you how much materials are required, how much they cost to fit and manages the sundries to a fixed budget. A good one will cost you anything about 10% of what you will potentially waste or lose on site. Use them.

Quantity What?!!. Delusions of grandeur. We are talking of a 5 bedroom private residence here. Not the Hilton or Adenuga Towers. A seasoned bricklayer can give you a breakdown of all the quantity of material you need. The guys I used were well spoken University graduates like many of you jobless ones here. You guys blow expensive technical jargon to convince innocent people who may not have the time to be on the ground. Do not let me expose some of your tricks here. Just let this slide for now.

I will continue to advice Nigerians in the Diaspora to beware and examine things thoroughly. Most of these guys are very slippery and hungry. I have met a few in person. I will not mention names.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Faheedat: 10:31am On Sep 14, 2016
Sir for the 5bdrm duplex in abeokuta below is the breakdown of how I will handle it or guide you on expense to roofing and with this design below if you like it(100% supervision.
Location=?
Size of the landed property=?
Building approval=?
Soil classification to determine the type of foundation.

if the above named point were clearly defined. Then we can go ahead with the estimates and deliverables as per our agreement
Foundation: 2.0m
Block work to decking: 2.5m
Decking:2.7m
Block work to roof:2.3m
Roof wood work:900k
Parapet 900k
stonecoated roofing sheet:3.2m classic sheet
Plastering:900k
Casement window:9000k

Artwork:450k
Total so far on this is 19.990m
Below is the estimate for he 5bdrm duplex any other question you can call or

08051511414 & 08124895835

WhatsApp me or call if u need further clarification
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 14, 2016
Babayoutoomuch:
Pls with ALL sincerity Kindly tell me which is better BUNGALOW or DUPLEX? The problem is not d money mind you. I'm just confused.Kindly help out if you can, its a decision I need to make as soon as possible. Thanks.
If all you needed is a duplex, why not go for it... It's better than a bungalow. Tastes differ though. If you ask me, I'd go for a duplex. Just like I mentioned in my previous post, 8m will complete it and you'd even have some leftovers. I don't want to recommend builders or architects to you here but you can get good ones around.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by mozel247: 10:39am On Sep 14, 2016
Do not generalise OK. Am a trained builder and presently doing my MSc construction management. Am a nairalander though I have never seek for job here. Check my post and how I condemn their outrageous price. Truth b told u need upto 25-30m if u have taste to finish 5 bedroom duplex plus external works complete such as drainage, fencing, interlocking, gate house all finish to taste. 16m can only get u a carcass with plastering, door, window and posibly pop and tiling if u r not using over expensive tiles. But to think of external work inclusive bro is not possible. I prefer my client buying all and me supervising while I charge percent based on money spent or stage of work done.

I stand to be corrected my Whatsapp number 08131109592

omotolarunsewe:
You very right.you can always build a house with any amount depending on ur taste and level of supervision.
quote author=koning post=49334272]

You can complete it with N16m even with the current price of cement. Just be there and monitor things yourself. Buy materials yourself and hire and independent engineer to supervise. Do not give any builder cash to build and deliver. They will make a minimum of N5m on your head, especially when they know you have access to Dollar or Euro.

They work as a cartel here on NL and back each other up with the outrageous price quotation to make you believe it's genuine. A well trained craftsman can deliver a quality 5 bedroom duplex. Just do some research yourself and work with him. It's your house and you have the final decision.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by twinskenny(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2016
awelekiti:
If what you needed a duplex, why not go for it... It's better than a bungalow. Tastes differ though. If you ask me, I'd go for a duplex. Just like I mentioned in my previous post, 8m will complete it and you'd even have some leftovers. I don't want to recommend builders or architects to you here but you can get good ones around.

Hello sir

Are you from Ekiti?
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Dekadet(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2016
Braden102:
A 5000 square feet 5 bedroom duplex can be completed within 3 weeks .
baba how and where can we get these in Nigeria. I think it's great.
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by aolumaxi(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2016
OP... get a quantity surveyor. when ur architect n engineers help you with the plans and designs for the building, have ur qs prepare a priced BOQ to know if you can undertake the project financially, if you cant, den you can retirn to your architect to readjust the plan to suit ur finances.. architects are creative people...

NB: the QS u r taking is a consultant to you, so get sumone trustworthy who wont jst inflate tender prices to cheat you

When u are satisfied with a plan nd the estimate... u can then start looking up for suitable contractors
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Reference(m): 10:47am On Sep 14, 2016
koning:

Quantity What?!!. Delusions of grandeur. We are talking of a 5 bedroom private residence here. Not the Hilton or Adenuga Towers. A seasoned bricklayer can give you a breakdown of all the quantity of material you need. The guys I used were well spoken University graduates like many of you jobless ones here. You guys blow expensive technical jargon to convince innocent people who may not have the time to be on the ground. Do not let me expose some of your tricks here. Just let this slide for now.

I will continue to advice Nigerians in the Diaspora to beware and examine things thoroughly. Most of these guys are very slippery and hungry. I have met a few in person. I will not mention names.

Okay. Your choice. Just don't complain any longer.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2016
twinskenny:

Hello sir

Are you from Ekiti?
grin wink
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by mozel247: 10:50am On Sep 14, 2016
U pass arm robbers. So u go build ur own three bedroom flat before u finish ba.
People like u are the problem of naija. Am a binder by training and project manager. With ur 19m. U can finish a duplex plus external works to normal average income eraser taste. To show how fake u r. 2.5m for ordinary block work up to decky which shouldn't even b morethan 3k blocks no matter the design excluding foundation work. 2.7m for decking. Mayb u gonna use y16 all tru or larfage will b d one to come pour the concrete.
Ur type is y they see
us as thieves

Faheedat:

Sir for the 5bdrm duplex in abeokuta below is the breakdown of how I will handle it or guide you on expense to roofing and with this design below if you like it(100% supervision.
Location=?
Size of the landed property=?
Building approval=?
Soil classification to determine the type of foundation.

if the above named point were clearly defined. Then we can go ahead with the estimates and deliverables as per our agreement
Foundation: 2.0m
Block work to decking: 2.5m
Decking:2.7m
Block work to roof:2.3m
Roof wood work:900k
Parapet 900k
stonecoated roofing sheet:3.2m classic sheet
Plastering:900k
Casement window:9000k

Artwork:450k
Total so far on this is 19.990m
Below is the estimate for he 5bdrm duplex any other question you can call or

08051511414 & 08124895835

WhatsApp me or call if u need further clarification

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Reference(m): 10:51am On Sep 14, 2016
aolumaxi:
OP... get a quantity surveyor. when ur architect n engineers help you with the plans and designs for the building, have ur qs prepare a priced BOQ to know if you can undertake the project financially, if you cant, den you can retirn to your architect to readjust the plan to suit ur finances.. architects are creative people...

NB: the QS u r taking is a consultant to you, so get sumone trustworthy who wont jst inflate tender prices to cheat you

When u are satisfied with a plan nd the estimate... u can then start looking up for suitable contractors

He can agree a fixed fee with the QS and isolate him from the project so he has no incentive to inflate tne cost. He will lose the cost control part of the QS services but will insulate himself against connivance.
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by noble71(m): 10:52am On Sep 14, 2016
zamirikpo:
@POSTER dont be discouraged, with 9m u can finish a 5 room duplex,what would be left wont be much, it all depends on the design and the person handling it. most times people take advantage of our ignorance.

i was opportuned to witness the building of a 4room duplex,(since january) the site engr is a christian brother, who was very honest to the point that he had serious battles with the carpenters and iron benders who came to do roofing and finishing. these guys where over billing the owner in excess of over 50% of the original cost,they do this mainly by over estimating the materials quoted for the job.outside the decking and foundation, a duplex is just a normal structure. the extra cost of decking and foundation wont be more than 3-4m. dont be deceived.

so far we have spent about 8m. we have roofed and paid for iron fittings, plumbing and electricals have also been done. the only major thing remaining is plastering and p.o.p. just like someone earlier posted 2.2m for block work from foundation to decking, thats over estimating excessively. the issue is, if u know nothing about buildings, then am sorry u would get ripped off.

if possible ,do extensive background checks by URSELF before embarking on any project....nairaland has so many threads that would teach u many things about building. and if u can ,always visit ur site, or have a trustworthy person supervise for u if u aint around.

finishing also matters.......if u are not tiling ur walls front and back with expensive tiles or skreding evry wall or installing jacuzzi's in evry toilet ,baba.....9m will almost do it.

bro. stop misleading people here 9M cannot and will never finish five bedroom duplex in this present economy. OP budget 25 Million.
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by twinskenny(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2016
awelekiti:
grin wink

Yes?
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 14, 2016
twinskenny:

Yes?

My smile has said it all wink
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2016
40 million will give you what you want,anything less than that would be sub standard.Increase your hustle to enable you gatther more funds;nothing is as fulfilling as living in a beautiful home.I prefer hanging out in my compound to outside.
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by mrfoxx(m): 11:04am On Sep 14, 2016
@OP

The cost implication of The 3D's i have seen so far will be quite outrageous to state the fact and Mind you the materials and finishes Go a long way to give you the closest estimate as well as The overall design and Topography of your site.

My advice as an Architect is this, On your own With the help of a COMPETENT VALUER, go for a serious Market survey That way you will be made acquainted With prices of Materials which give you in simple terms approximately how Much you should budget. During the Development be their, Monitor and Join in the supervision for sometimes These Contractors can dig deep into your pocket either directly "Over estimating" and indirectly selling Materials originally meant for the project from the site.

What will cost you more is your foundation and decking and that itself depends on The soil type, and topography of the site. Blocks wont cost you so much as estimated here regardless the current economic situation That Price is FUCKING TOO OUTRAGEOUS.
Do a serious market survey before giving that job out so you avoid falling prey easily.
My candid advice should you take it.
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 14, 2016
nyben4eva:
40 million will give you what you want,anything less than that would be sub standard.Increase your hustle to enable you gatther more funds;nothing is as fulfilling as living in a beautiful home.I prefer hanging out in my compound to outside.
What are you guys talking about here? It's just building we're talking here oo, not furnishing the house. I can build a 7-room duplex house for 8m naira, if I wish. That 40m naira you mentioned will buy 2 plots of land in an estate where I live in lagos, fully developed by Lagos State government with good terrain and layouts...and here's stable power supply at least 16 hours a day. Na 40m you dey talk like dat, abi you wan build a 5-star hotel ni?

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by eph12(m): 11:09am On Sep 14, 2016
Babayoutoomuch:

We are family of five. My hubby is indifferent abt whichever I go for.But most of his colleagues are always talking of duplex. Since he has saddled me with that responsibility, I need advice on which to embark on.
There are very cute 5 bedroom bungalow. You don't need to build a duplex to please anyone. The money you will spend decking can be used to put nice finishing to your bungalow. You can go for duplex but if it's just to impress friends it's not worth it. Having a bungalow with a very fine outer view and nice compound is the deal if you ask me. You can even make it 1 master bedroom, 3 bedrooms for kids, 1 main large sitting room and 1 children sitting room. This will be 4 bedrooms and 2 sitting rooms instead of 5 bedrooms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 14, 2016
What of Electricals, plumbing, P.O.P or ceiling sheets, painting, interlock/ landscaping, cabinets/ wardrobe, windows, doors etc... There are also "million-naira" aspects of building. I've done a couple for myself by God's grace and I feel its nice for the OP to be advice properly. Thanks

Believe me OP it will take around 25 million or more to complete. You can start and extend your planned completion date

eghosajohnny:
Sir for the 5bdrm duplex in abeokuta below is the breakdown of how I will handle it or guide you on expense to roofing and with this design below if you like it

Foundation: 1.8m
Block work to decking: 2.2m
Decking:2.3m
Block work to roof:2m
Roof wood work:700k
Parapet 700k
stonecoated roofing sheet:2.7m classic sheet
Plastering:850k
Casement window:750k
Artwork:250k

Total so far on this is 14.550m

Below is the 3d of the 5bdrm duplex any other question you can call or whatsapp me on 07031886484
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by ever811(m): 11:13am On Sep 14, 2016
Oballer:
52Million for a bungalow

1) did you do piling?
2) Did you cast all the walls in concrete?
3) Are the windows and Doors bullet proof?
4) Is it built on water
5) plus external works and it is not yet done?
6) is it Julius Berger handling it?

52Million for this building that im looking at? 52M is no joke o brova.. it will build 4 shells of terrace flats in lekki phase 2 bruv...

its funny,I mean your comment but it seems you are not really into construction. now let me tell you,the entrance door you see there alone is 4.8m..the madam and master walk in closet cabinet alone is 3.1m..take a close look at the roofing sheet.the tiles are all Italian.in shot let me send you some pictures of the master toilet and the walk in closest so you can take a look...

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by mozel247: 11:17am On Sep 14, 2016
The only man who make sense here. Was sad he is not even a professional colleague.

All of una fall my hand. Too greedy..

When u give price, patiently tell the person the spec u use.

25-30m should build, finish, do external works which include finish fence, gate house, parking, drainage, interlocking all finish to taste and even bq and swimming pool if the owners taste is not too high.

This is the reason why I prefer owners to buy material y I only mobilise to site labour of whom I do some negotiations with the owner present.

I always prefer b paid percent. They tell I can hit it fast but true be told every sudden wealth, there is either a blood or a crime... Am greatful to God for taking me this far. Am a Builder and am proud to be one.

My Whatsapp number 08131109592

amagunnerfan:
I feel energized this morning with all the posts. Your impress me the most. I am following you. Can we communicate via email or ideally on phone.

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by ever811(m): 11:18am On Sep 14, 2016
ever811:
its funny,I mean your comment but it seems you are not really into construction. now let me tell you,the entrance door you see there alone is 4.8m..the madam and master walk in closet cabinet alone is 3.1m..take a close look at the roofing sheet.the tiles are all Italian.in shot let me send you some pictures of the master toilet and the walk in closest so you can take a look...
more...

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by rockyh(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2016
eghosajohnny:
Now since I've stated a breakdown to a point let's take it to finishing so there will be an idea of the amount to complete the project.

Pop:800k
Tiles 1.3m
Doors,800k making the entrance door 350k and others 450k
Electrical and fitting 600k
Plumbing and fitting 900k
Cabinet and wardrobe 700k
Rail and burglary 700k
Painting 600k
soakaway 300k

Total of this is 6.7m+14.5m=21.2m

Which I know is on the high side to me I believe with 19m the project can be delivered

it's like u are just coming into Nigeria from abroad to say 19m will build a duplex guy reason well any standard duplex should be from 25 above
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by laplace19(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2016
Babayoutoomuch:

We are family of five. My hubby is indifferent abt whichever I go for.But most of his colleagues are always talking of duplex. Since he has saddled me with that responsibility, I need advice on which to embark on.

In terms of cost, bungalow is more cheaper than a duplex, factors like topography of the land,finishes, quality of doors,Windows,roofing materials,etc to be used being equal. The addition cost in duplex comes from the first floor slab/deck,beams, few columns, formwork for the slab and beams, etc

Since your hubby has saddled you with the responsibility of choosing between a bungalow and a duplex that means he's financially buoyant enough to build a duplex...

Both are good but let me make this points

(1) if it's an ample land and your hubby bought it cheap then I will advice a bungalow over a duplex . Personally, I can't buy a land (be it half or one plot) worth 4million naira and build a bungalow on it. If I can have the money to buy a plot of land over 4million why won't I be bouyant enough to building a duplex on it?
(2) For efficient distribution of spaces, a duplex is better. A duplex allows one distribute more spaces for different purposes.
(3)Also, having balconies on top slab/floor is also an added advantage...... Children enjoy staying on the balconies overlooking the surroundings and their peers playing along the streets or in their compounds too. Your kids will really enjoy it.
(4) In terms of aesthetics, I will prefer a duplex.... Although a good architect can give you the best aesthetics for a bungalow as well...it's part of their job.
(5) A 5-bedroom bungalow will utilise more space than a 5-bedroom duplex.... for futuristic purposes, your hubby might decide to add/attach a self-contain or one-bedroom flat in the future as the family increases..
(6) Ventilation : if the land is big enough there will be enough ventilation when a bungalow is built on it, if not, a duplex will be better as there's more air as the height increases...

When I was a child we were staying in a bungalow and I always envy those kids around my neighbourhood when they come out to stay on the balcony,playing and overlooking us from the top...There's a feeling I did have about it as a kid back then. Since then, it has been my dream to build a duplex, just for my kids to get that same feeling as well.. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by noble71(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2016
[quote author=amagunnerfan post=49266827]I recently bought a piece of land in a very good location in Abeokuta. In the process of getting the building plan approval. I intend to build a 5 bedroom duplex on the land but want to get ideas of how much it will likely cost me.

I am a bit inexperienced but have my father in law and my uncle running the errands for me.

My inital budget was 9 million but my father in law said it won't be enough. How much do Nairalanders think it will cost? I intend to finish this project within 6 months GOD willing.[/quote

OP contact me for your Structural and electrical design for 50k.
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by mozel247: 11:24am On Sep 14, 2016
See ur pic and the poor job u r calling millions on. What is taste in this ordinary tiles and furniture u uploaded.

I guess u r a Mason. A supposed polished tiles, see the poor workmanship, see the type of pvc pipe u r using and here shouting millions.

4.8 million for door. What is d name of the door and can u share the link to the maker of the door..?

Robbers

ever811:

13 Likes

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 14, 2016
noble71:

bro. stop misleading people here 9M cannot and will never finish five bedroom duplex in this present economy. OP budget 25 Million.
25M ke? Noooo! Let me educate you a little... if all you want is quality and precision, go get a young architect that has a team of builders. These guys work together, they will give you the best that you need at a good price. A trailer load of cement and iron rod will suffice. Plastic conduit pipes cant cost a fortune. Go to lafarge at ewekoro with your architect, tell them to mix cement for you to deck your house. They will bring it to your site in their truck and pour it in less than 2 hours, after inspection on site. You live it to dry and roof it a few weeks later. Even if you buy nigerite black roofing slate, you still won't exceed 8m naira in all. Give me that 25m , I'll buy a land in an estate in lagos that enjoys 16 hours power supply and build a befitting 7-room duplex for you. Our lawyers will be involved and appropriate papers will be signed for the security of your money.

7 Likes

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by noble71(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2016
awelekiti:
25M ke? Noooo! Let me educate you a little... if all you want is quality and precision, go get a young architect that has a team of builders. These guys work together, they will give you the best that you need at a good price. A trailer load of cement and iron rod will suffice. Plastic conduit pipes cant cost a fortune. Go to lafarge at ewekoro with your architect, tell them to mix cement for you to deck your house. They will bring it to your site in their truck and pour it in less than 2 hours, after inspection on site. You live it to dry and roof it a few weeks later. Even if you buy nigerite black roofing slate, you still won't exceed 8m naira in all. Give me that 25m , I'll buy a land in an estate in lagos that enjoys 16 hours power supply and build a befitting 7-room duplex for you. Our lawyers will be involved and appropriate papers will be signed for the security of your money.

Educate Me? bro don't start what you cant finish.
you are one of those people here deceiving Guys Oversee.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by twinskenny(m): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2016
awelekiti:

Alright Sir am from ijero..

You can check my signature Sir if you need any if my services
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by twinskenny(m): 11:40am On Sep 14, 2016
awelekiti:

Alright Sir am from ijero..

You can check my signature Sir if you need any if my services thanks
Re: How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? by Faheedat: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2016
Engr,
Pls let us be guided, the bulk of the work is the quality of the materials, Standardization with out compromise safety and finishing to taste would gulp the bulk of the money. please always advice processionally. Best of luck. Construction Manager

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.