Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki (31359 Views)

Ganduje Demands Apology From Kwankwaso Over Comments On Buhari / Okorocha Demands Apology From Obiano - Thisday / Emi Systems Demands Apology From Buhari, Gives Seven Days Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by zexzy(f): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2016
Mrs Obaseki and her husband have no experience when it comes to public speaking, they just open their mouth and let everything in their heart out.

4 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 12, 2016
Why the evils?? But she said the truth na! Edo is well known for exporting and importing of prostitutes lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by lafuria1(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2016
The solution to a problem in a acknowledging there is one. Not everything is politics.

Ambode promises to tackle insecurity doesn't mean Lagosians are criminals, wike tackling cultism in rivers doesn't mean rivers people are all cultists. El rufai tackling religious intolerance doesn't mean everyone in kaduna is an religious extremists. Rather than the PDP woman to proffer solution about prostitution in the state, she would rather lie and play politucs and decieve the innocent women of Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by fm7070: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2016
When you are hell bent on bringing someone down for you to succeed, you will always find yourself on the ground.
Why not campaign objectively with what APC will do and not what PDP not do.

3 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by pippimp(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2016
Flexherbal:
Hmmm
They should better look for a way to apologize, before all the women turn their back on them.

I don't think they understand English. Are there no prostitutes that are of Edo origin? What has she said that is a lie? The only hyperbole was saying PDP caused the rise in prostitution. It has been on the rise since independence.

2 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by shuggah(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2016
StOla:

It would seem PDP always enjoy telling the people to lie to themselves. Same way they made this matter an issue when Aisha Buhari promised government solutions to the matter of prostitution by Edo females.

Is there a problem of prostitution among the women of the state?
Must an incoming government do something about it or it should be left to fester?
Must it always be a political crime to talk about it? Or who is qualified to talk about it?

When prostitution becomes a crime with capital punishment like drug trafficking, maybe Edo women will be the ones begging to be helped then.

Obviously, the shameless PDP will still have something to say for political gains.
stupidity alert!.
even in Saudi Arabia, prostitution is not a capital punishment, and BTW who talk say Benin get prostitutes pass benue, and plateau?? the only reason we often hear of Benin girls is that they rep naija abroad. sorry fr d long talk.

6 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by blackprowler: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2016
Backward people. I am Edo origin. The main industry of Bini women is global prostitution. It's an industry. Let them keep deceiving themselves. Black man is still an ape!

PS: one mistake ppl keep making in Nigeria is to morph all people in an area as one, disregarding if there is indeed an ethnicity difference. It is not only Bini people that are indigenous to Edo state. I am not Bini; can't speak the language. Educated yoruba still call all Northerners Hausa and remarkably, they refer to all Southerners not yoruba as "Ibo" including Edo, Delta tribes, "Calabar" tribes etc - all are Ibo. Don't take it as nothing. Ask your grandparents what that meant in the '60 - it could mean whether you live or die! BLACK MAN IS STILL AN APE!
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by simpleseyi: 10:29am On Sep 12, 2016
Please I need clarification. Are these women saying that Edo women are not prostitutes or that Edo women are proud professional prostitutes who are to be praised and emulated?
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by Smooyis(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2016
To be candid, APC is still better than PDP.
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by cyrilamx(m): 10:32am On Sep 12, 2016
Go and mark my word, as long as the Incoming Benin monarch supports Obaseki, PDP and her crying babies will lose. Don't resort to insult...28th ain't far here. The crown prince, anticipating the victory of Apc's Obaseki, already appealing to Dangote to help actualise his job creating ambition of establishing a free trade zone at Gele Gele.

Oshiomhole has laid a Solid Foundation in Edo – Benin Crown Prince | Nigerian Observer http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by victorazy(m): 10:33am On Sep 12, 2016
Firefire:
APC and Diarrhoea of the Mouth...

Like that of Tinubu mouth.
Why my Edo men contesting election dey ugly, see Oshobaba, check that pastor. undecided

1 Like

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by suasmablow(m): 10:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Its saddening how we hate the truth as a people.
Before i was born, Edo Girls have been known for prostitution locally and mostly internationally.
Even as i type this, there are so many Edo Girls in Italy and other parts of the world doing their best business. So why the unwarranted attack on the APC and Obaseki's wife for saying the obvious.
We should be thanking her for acknowledging the truth and promising a solution if her husband is elected.
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by DonCortino: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2016
AfroKnight:
Living in denial. Prostitution is a problem in Edo.

Yeah! But she blamed it on pdp just to score cheap political point, now it has backfired!

2 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by olapluto(m): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2016
PDP living up to its name. People Deceiving People.
Is prostitution a problem in Edo state? YES.
Does it need to be tackled? Yes
Is it caused by poverty? Absolutely. Edo people were never known to be prostitutes until the evil ones amongst them started the Italy trafficking.

The woman who acknowledged the problem is more likely to be ready to solve it than the one who is deceiving people.
Go to the streets of Italy, Spain and recently Sweden at night and you will cry for Edo women. They simply have to sell their body to make a living. Most of them I have interacted with cannot even construct a decent sentence. Their broken english is poor. They have no other skills than to sleep with refugees from Syria and all. Its a real shame.

1 Like

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by omolakaka(m): 10:40am On Sep 12, 2016
na so women tins dey be. na lie before!
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by olapluto(m): 10:44am On Sep 12, 2016
DonCortino:

Yeah! But she blamed it on pdp just to score cheap political point, now it has backfired!
What was the rate of prostitution in Edo state before 1999? If she blames PDP, she has a point. If Lucky Igbinedon had used half of the money he stole to empower Edo women, most of them would not be selling their body to dirty Europeans and risking deadly diseases on daily basis.
It suffices to say that the PDP guber candidate helped Igbinedon empty the state coffers. There is a link.
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by Apoztl3(m): 10:48am On Sep 12, 2016
lurther:
You remember those campaign days of Buhari and APC leading to the 2015 elections. Aisha Buhari made this same mistake and still APC won.

Then every APC supporter kept on saying that even if Buhari present a Nepa bill certificate they will still vote him. Buhari and his wife kept on making mistakes and Zombies were all saying the would vote an illiterate...my brother one year down the line....after seeing Buhari a big disaster...you think Edo would still vote this woman for calling them prostitutes. Continue saying PDP used the same pattern when Aisha Buhari called Edo women prostitute and Buhari still won....Now, that sentiment can't work again.

Even Buhari would have to show his certificate if he is going for second term in 2019.....because most Zombies like Oby Ezekwesilly's eye has opened. You do anyhow you see anyhow now
I think you're wrong on apc winning even after Aishas comment. PDP actually won in Edo state

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 12, 2016
My dear no just try Edo when it comes to prostitution,it is like a generational course
shuggah:

stupidity alert!.
even in Saudi Arabia, prostitution is not a capital punishment, and BTW who talk say Benin get prostitutes pass benue, and plateau?? the only reason we often hear of Benin girls is that they rep naija abroad. sorry fr d long talk.
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by FakoMaybach1: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2016
blackprowler:
Backward people. I am Edo origin. The main industry of Bini women is global prostitution. It's an industry. Let them keep deceiving themselves. Black man is still an ape!

PS: one mistake ppl keep making in Nigeria is to morph all people in an area as one, disregarding if there is indeed an ethnicity difference. It is not only Bini people that are indigenous to Edo state. I am not Bini; can't speak the language. Educated yoruba still call all Northerners Hausa and remarkably, they refer to all Southerners not yoruba as "Ibo" including Edo, Delta tribes, "Calabar" tribes etc - all are Ibo. Don't take it as nothing. Ask your grandparents what that meant in the '60 - it could mean whether you live or die! BLACK MAN IS STILL AN APE!

so the summary of all this is that Edo girls are Whores...is that what u are trying to say?

3 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by DonCortino: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2016
olapluto:

What was the rate of prostitution in Edo state before 1999? If she blames PDP, she has a point. If Lucky Igbinedon had used half of the money he stole to empower Edo women, most of them would not be selling their body to dirty Europeans and risking deadly diseases on daily basis.
It suffices to say that the PDP guber candidate helped Igbinedon empty the state coffers. There is a link.
If u have the statistics please share it. If not don't base ur judgement on assumptions!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by martha89: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2016
movingforward:
My dear no just try Edo when it comes to prostitution,it is like a generational course
Generational course so when did human trafficking start? People just talk what they don't know.
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by duni04(m): 10:59am On Sep 12, 2016
It was only last week we saw a thread on nairaland about prostitution in Italy and the stats showed that 8 out of 10 African prostitutes in Italy are Nigerian, and 10 out of 10 of these Nigerian prostitutes are from Edo state. Mrs Obaseki was spot on. The question is what are the factors that contribute to making women from Edo go through the deserts of Niger and Libya just to sell their bodies in Italy? These are the issues Mrs Obaseki raised. Those PDP women in denial are probably the "madams" that send these poor innocent girls there.
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by hUmaneOne: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2016
I hope we stop voting political parties and start voting people
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by Funlordjnr: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2016
grin

But wetin the woman talk na true abi na lie?
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by GaiusGcube(m): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2016
Edo people will reject APC and its candidate.

3 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by GaiusGcube(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2016
henceforth I don't see APC winning any election even if it is in katsina,not to talk about any southern States. oshiomole should be prepared to go to jail even buhari cannot save him.

2 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by NairaMaster1(m): 11:08am On Sep 12, 2016
Anything from APC is pure. Buhari wife said it and went free. Mark me today, they will still vote obaseki

1 Like

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 12, 2016
But I'm telling you what I know,but when you intentionally traffic yourself,then you are no longer a victim,you enjoyed,it becomes a lifestyle and you pass it on to the younger ones,who will now see it as a normal way of survival,that is how it becomes a generational course![b][/b]
martha89:
Generational course so when did human trafficking start? People just talk what they don't know.
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by NovusHomo(m): 11:20am On Sep 12, 2016
Since it takes one to know one, will it be reasonable to conclude that she was once a prosti....? Just asking. Biach should stop talking down on her fellow women.

1 Like

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by Appareil(m): 11:27am On Sep 12, 2016
cyrilamx:
Go and mark my word, as long as the Incoming Benin monarch supports Obaseki, PDP and her crying babies will lose. Don't resort to insult...28th ain't far here. The crown prince, anticipating the victory of Apc's Obaseki, already appealing to Dangote to help actualise his job creating ambition of establishing a free trade zone at Gele Gele.

Oshiomhole has laid a Solid Foundation in Edo – Benin Crown Prince | Nigerian Observer http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/
God forbid it!

2 Likes

Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by LorDBolton(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2016
She said the truth

Africans are just naturally stewpid @ times tbh

We try to 'avoid talking about the problems"

The average edo girl is a prostitute (home n abroad) *fact*
The average edo boy is a criminal (yahoo, robbery, cultism, kidnapping). *fact*

Is it not in benin a woman was berating her son for focusing on welding instead of going into yahoo like his friends on d street who were all riding 2.2 camry?

Or my cuz who upon all his father's wealth tried trekking to Italy via Libya? Then Spain via Morocco? And finally ended up flying to india?

Or the average benin boy who sees nothing wrong in selling his kidney?

It's simple we must tell ourselves the truth if we are to progress.
Re: Prostitution: Women Demand Apology From Betty Obaseki by vislabraye(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2016
StOla:

It would seem PDP always enjoy telling the people to lie to themselves. Same way they made this matter an issue when Aisha Buhari promised government solutions to the matter of prostitution by Edo females.

Is there a problem of prostitution among the women of the state?
Must an incoming government do something about it or it should be left to fester?
Must it always be a political crime to talk about it? Or who is qualified to talk about it?

When prostitution becomes a crime with capital punishment like drug trafficking, maybe Edo women will be the ones begging to be helped then.

Obviously, the shameless PDP will still have something to say for political gains.

What has Pdp got to do with this ? Is the spokeswoman a pdp member ? The women claimed thatbthey were called prostitutes and are not pleased. But you for pdp to blame.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: APC Dangles Carrot At Ekweremadu / Tompolo, Ateke Tom, General Shoot-At-Sight, Boyloaf, Pledge Support For FG / Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.