Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

When Your Heart Is Broken: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Heart Is Broken: (1603 Views)

Pls Help!!my Heart Is Broken.how Can I Get Over This Depression / My Heart Is Broken / My Heart Is Broken For The First Time:::it Hurts! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Heart Is Broken: by Chiori(m): 2:13am On Dec 19, 2006
How do you react when your heart has been broken by someone whom you love? Are you a stoic? Or do you sulk and grumble and complain about it? Do you end up hating the person? Do you vow to give hell to the opposite sex because of what has been done to you? Would you go the whole gamut to become outright gay/lesbian? Please be honest in your response.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Dvampire(m): 9:17am On Dec 19, 2006
personally, i feel trying to wreck vengeance or venturing into homosexuality and all such stuff are not called for. true, one cant take away the fact that one would definitely feel angry and hurt but then, what has happened has happened. i'll try to pick up the pieces of my shattered heart, mend it and move on while i try to guard it jealously so that i dont fall a second-time victim.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by cheavroi(m): 9:22am On Dec 19, 2006
The best thing to do wen your heart is broken is to let go
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by angelz(f): 9:26am On Dec 19, 2006
@Dvampire, tru talk. Bt l'l also revisit hapenins in d r/shp dt broke my hrt,n c were l may av gone wrong,so as nt 2 repeat it.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by whitelexi(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2006
Word of advice: Always envision being heartbroken even in the sweetest moments of the relationship, so that when it happens, it will not be a shocker because with naija babes u cannot predict the future; So, like my bestest friend and mentor in female affairs (Bobby!) always says, "With Nigerian women, expect not the unexpected, but the impossible". grin grin grin
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Radiant(f): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2006
grin grin grin WHITEX THE MADMAN

But honestly, even if you expect it,it's not the same as when it happens. tongue tongue tongue
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by whitelexi(m): 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2006
@Radiant: I dont even wanna talk to u right now cos i just recieved a msg laced with stamps from magheru grin grin grin

Anyways, that method has worked for me over the years, once u master it, it gives u freedom to say things u would hardly say (for fear of ending the relationship), do things u would normally avoid. It made me alot more open-minded and straightforward, i dont beat around the bush anymoreif u know what i mean grin
Its a good approach and i'm sure some will agree, but just as one man's food is another man's poison; i dont expect it to work for everyone. grin grin grin Some people just dread the thought of a blissful relationship coming to an end, but they forget that the hottest love has the coldest end grin grin grin
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Radiant(f): 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin yeye pikin
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Busta(f): 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2006
maybe u'll sulk

u might cry

u might hate everyone around u

u might wallow in sorrow

u might be depressed and fraustrated

but one thing for sure is that, with time. . u'll get over it.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by mukina2: 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2006
Busta:

maybe u'll sulk

u might cry

u might hate everyone around u

u might wallow in sorrow

u might be depressed and fraustrated

but one thing for sure is that, with time. . u'll get over it.
word!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Chiori(m): 9:52pm On Dec 19, 2006
I once had a neighbor, a lady, who turned fully lesbian because she had been jilted. Till date, she's refused to marry or have anything to do with any man.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Radiant(f): 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2006
Hmmmm!
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by edmondo(m): 1:31am On Dec 20, 2006
@whitelexi,i feel u boy,u yarn well.expect the unexpected from ladies not only nigerian girls.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Chiori(m): 12:09am On Dec 21, 2006
If there is any set of ladies you must fear, it definitely is American women. They can enter into and come out of relationships as if they were buildings. Nigerian ladies are considerate at least.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by fellow(m): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2006
When i had my first heartbreak i didnt think i was going to survive in my own. I was so ashamed of going outside should in case i bump into her. I felt like the world was on my shoulder and i had no-one except her to help me carry it.
With time i grew out of my dilemma cause i make friends easily so i was able to while away my time with a couple of new friends.
Since then i always had this mindset that it could happen in any relationship so it doesn't move me anymore
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by anon101(f): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2006
whitelexi, word
whitelexi:

Word of advice: Always envision being heartbroken even in the sweetest moments of the relationship, so that when it happens, it will not be a shocker because with naija babes u cannot predict the future; So, like my bestest friend and mentor in female affairs (Bobby!) always says, "With Nigerian women, expect not the unexpected, but the impossible".

grin grin grin

i agree with you 100% thats trhe approach i give any relationship i get into no matter how sweet it its i never give my whole heart into it, i leave space for eff ups
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by ghengis(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2006
-you could handle it the way i started handling mine: sulk!!! as in really sulk!!! feel sorry for yourself and think that nothing good in life ever lasts

-you could handle a heart-break the way mukina would, take every oppurtunity you get to nail the integrity of the opposite sex and say constantly that you'd never give yourself again to any other person

-you could go the way of other cowards (the word's mine): Sleep around with any willing individual (ehm, i said willing o!!! no raping pls!!!) or just go gay/lesbo,

-you could go the way of the pessimists: and say its just not possible to av a successful relationship, not hold a grudge about anyone but just search for "happines in other places"

-or you could pick yourself up, be honest enough to evaluate the causes of the previous heartbreak(s), determine to be better where its your fault and then dare to move on in life.

I personaly reccommend the last possibility, i've found out that no mata the numba of previous heart-breaks you've had, it only takes the right partner to make it seem like they were just a figment of ur imagination
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Radiant(f): 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2006
smiley smiley smiley
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by deguy1(f): 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2006
Chiori:

I once had a neighbor, a lady, who turned fully lesbian because she had been jilted. Till date, she's refused to marry or have anything to do with any man.
. that's a good one smiley smiley
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by kachii(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2006
men heartbreak is so killing.
hmmmmmmmm just had one.
Before it happened i thought i would die the truth is am still alive and not ready to die.
But the effect really bad.especially when you thought you gave your best
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by Radiant(f): 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2006
kachii:

am still alive and not ready to die.

I like that. smiley
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by toptho(f): 8:44pm On Dec 21, 2006
time heals can be a myth.i just try to keep the negatives in my mind and eventually i forget he exists.Its not easy but one day u just wake and the thot of him gives u the creeps
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2006
hhhmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by iice(f): 11:26am On Dec 24, 2006
Cry endlessly for days and seemingly about a hairs' breath (length?) from crumbling to dust. . .or so they told me and what i have seen from one of my closest friend.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by CrazyMan(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2006
What do you want me to do?
i'll just put in more efforts and make my life look more meaningful so if we happen to meet, my levels would be far above her's .
by this time, she would be the one regreting why she left me.
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by eslynera(f): 3:34pm On Dec 24, 2006
not only broken by the oposite sex, but even by my other friends. When they break my heart, everybody'll notice i'm not okay, and how's that??

no more chit, talk-chat-talks in the house. grin cheesy
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by whitelexi(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2006
When u start appreciating life, u will definitely start handling break-ups more appropriately, its not the end of life. Its just a temporary setback, a trivial loss of mental and emotional stability, can be handled properly by showing maturity - if u're highly motivated, people wont even notice!

on very special arrangement, the devil can go to heaven grin
Re: When Your Heart Is Broken: by eslynera(f): 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2006
and may i ask, who was that dedicated to?? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Most Embarssing Moment In Your Life / Do Girls Like Being Lied To. / Who Is The Best Choice Among These Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.