Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,620 members, 7,820,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched (38429 Views)

Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks" / Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwusi Celebrates His Birthday At His Palace In Ile-ife / "The Cleanest Street In Ile-Ife To Receive N100K Every Month" Says Ooni. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
kernel504:

I need to correct you. The only state in the West developing is Lagos because of FG investment only. Other states in the West are highly dilapidated, highly in debt.... Colored with brown roof tops.

The same brown roofs Ibos run to while escaping the backwardness of Iboland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
wunmi590:
Take it or leave it, this tribe are very industrious, i am a typical yoruba guy, but i love igbo guys, the few have seen are very hard working, they think out of thie box, not saying some other tribe are not, just love them.

God bless igbo

God bless Nigerian

Gid bless Nigeria

The abuse Ibos rain on Yorubas daily are meant solely for people like you. If they call you Afonja now, you go vex.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by ezeagu(m): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
musicwriter:

Why not!.
If Igbo is made compulsory in schools, students would just follow up naturally. The problem lie not in what people would say, but our intimidated educationists and scholars.

By the way, before our unfortunate contact with white people, we acquired knowledge using Igbo language. Or, did knowledge acquisition begin in Igboland when we met white people?

I'm talking about reconstructing ourselves and you're telling me people wouldn't like it. For your information, Mozambique, Zambia, and Gambia are already implementing policies to ban English from their schools. They want to go back learning naturally in their native languages as it should be. That's the right thing to do!

We had a life before we met white people.

I understand your goal, but we live in a time where Igbo people purposely only speak English to their children so Igbo wouldn't affect their children's English as so they say. How are these people who are the majority unfortunately going to do a 180 turn and go back to their language when they don't even know the basics of the ideology behind that. What you're talking about is a complete revolution that would require a complete overhaul of the education system which includes reorienting adults to what is going on around them.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
FKO81:

What is chasing these yoruba guys selling Agbo and herbal meds in southeast since your land is filled with milk and honey, e-goat every page one open on nairaland cool

Selling Agbo is a crime now? How is that different from Ibo "industrial " fanyogo seller?

Funny how the "Igbo business guy" is lazily sitting idle while the Yoruba "agbo seller" makes money.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by EmekaBlue(m): 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2016
YonkijiSappo:

What is the relationship between this rubbish and this thread?
Abuja is not Hausa land.... so why should they be talking about it?
Is Lagos your papa's land? Is Ile-Ife no man's land too?
my problem or relationship with this is d way Yoruba peeps come on threads like this showing a kinda psychological hate I can c....like saying *c how accommodating we r..and they say Lagos is no mans land even as this is not even Lagos but must just bring that up...And again Abuja have villages and indegenes who r Hausa at d suburbs incase u don't know

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by activeguy: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

In Nigeria, you won't find Yorubas outside of their region because Yorubaland is the London for many Nigerians.

"A child who has not tasted another womans 'soup always think that of his mother is the best"

From your statement. ,you ve not set your feet out of your yorubaland so i understand why you think ur el do rado heaven on earth ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
EmekaBlue:
my problem or relationship with this is d way Yoruba peeps come on threads like this showing a kinda psychological hate I can c....like saying *c how accommodating we r..and they say Lagos is no mans land...And again Abuja have villages and indegenes who r Hausa at d suburbs incase u don't know

Check the map of Nigerian from immemorial, Lagos has always been classified as Yorubaland physically, geographically, and linguistically. Only Ibo foreigners in Lagos call Lagos no mans land because they know that soon enough, they will be deported back to Iboland.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by BABANGBALI: 6:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
dacovajnr:
you mean Aposhey meant for chairs grin grin
yes na

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
activeguy:

"A child who has not tasted another womans 'soup always think that of his mother is the best"

From your statement. ,you ve not set your feet out of your yorubaland so i understand why you think ur el do rado heaven on earth ..

Please stop the grammar. Even Ssners prefer investing in Yorubaland cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by leisuretym: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
Why not go and try this in kano? You will later come and insult the tolerant and accomodating yorubas, this is pure rubbish, is there any yoruba center in the entire south east? Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by HomeOfMe(f): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Drchristian:

Yorubas will never gather like this anywhere in d south eastern part and they are extra few in population in dat region..(I stand to be corrected)

I'm just back from imo-state, come and see how some kids will always insult the yorubas for their own nightmares chai
I agree! I was in IMO state two months ago for the first time. The hotel where we lodged was close to a haosa community;at first I thought I was at mushin with the place was noisy and the Muslim call to prayers every 5:am. But I never saw a yoruba community. The beautiful hijab wearing ladies we saw when we were searching for where to eat I thought were northerners until we heard them speak igbo. The yorubas in IMO I think are mostly civil servants and farmers. Yorubas are very hospitable people!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by KevinDein: 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

In Nigeria, you won't find Yorubas outside of their region because Yorubaland is the London for many Nigerians.
you are a very ignorant dude.
There are many Yorubas in places like jos, Kaduna and many other northern towns. That you've never been to those places doesn't your other folks don't go there.

Sorry, I just have to step in. you've been spewing grade A ignorance all day.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
KevinDein:
you are a very ignorant dude.
There are many Yorubas in places like jos, Kaduna and many other northern towns. That you've never been to those places doesn't your other folks don't go there.

Sorry, I just have to step in. you've been spewing grade A ignorance all day.

Many ko Mandy ni. I'm sure this nigga will mention Kwara and Kogi where Yorubas are indigenous people of those states.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by EmekaBlue(m): 6:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

Check the map of Nigerian from immemorial, Lagos has always been classified as Yorubaland physically, geographically, and linguistically. Only Ibo foreigners in Lagos call Lagos no mans land because they know that soon enough, they will be deported back to Iboland.
U r exactly d kinda Yoruba person I'm talking about..OK carry Lagos on ur head na..mscheww

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by FKO81(m): 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
activeguy:

Don't mind the e-goat his people are here doing petty works to eke out their redundancy, his online typing rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
leisuretym:
Why not go and try this in kano? You will later come and insult the tolerant and accomodating yorubas, this is pure rubbish, is there any yoruba center in the entire south east? Nonsense

I guess Fulanis don't want them to "dominate" the North. The way Ibos reason like undeveloped subhuman. I don't blame them, I blame Yorubas for creating a peaceful habit where Ibos can run their gutter mouth.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by wunmi590(m): 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

The abuse Ibos rain on Yorubas daily are meant solely for people like you. If they call you Afonja now, you go vex.

Bros forget that,

I am not a tribal bigot and i will never be one, inrespective of tribe, race, language, i still believe we are one.

Please dont ever take comment on nairaland too serious, most of the times some people just say it to while away time, and to make people laugh.

Most of the time, those comment makes me laugh when i am stressed up.

Believe me you, majority of the people comming to nairaland to cause tribal war on nairaland, do always have very good griend from that same tribe they are abusing.

And not even friends, they are business associate.

Have a nice night.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by YonkijiSappo: 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
EmekaBlue:
my problem or relationship with this is d way Yoruba peeps come on threads like this showing a kinda psychological hate I can c....like saying *c how accommodating we r..and they say Lagos is no mans land even as this is not even Lagos but must just bring that up...And again Abuja have villages and indegenes who r Hausa at d suburbs incase u don't know

It is not hate but rather they can't understand why the Igbos who despise the Yorubas so much still manage to live in their midsts and denigrate the same places they live. It is like someone shitting in their own house. If they hate us so much, then what do they want in these parts? It is similar to how muslim extremists from some countries hate the west , yet they keep flocking there. If there is Problem in Eastern Nigeria today, what region do you think will host the greatest number of Igbos if not Western Nigeria?
Please preach to your people to come to their senses.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
EmekaBlue:
U r exactly d kinda Yoruba person I'm talking about..OK carry Lagos on or head na..mscheww

You're the kind of noisy Ibos we see here on NL.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by KevinDein: 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

Many ko Mandy ni. I'm sure this nigga will mention Kwara and Kogi where Yorubas are indigenous people of those states.
yes, many.
And I don't mean Yorubas in Kwara and kogi. I mean Yorubas in many northern towns. I've been to those places, I've seen them, you denying it doesn't make it any less truthful. wink
Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
wunmi590:

Bros forget that,

I am not a tribal bigot and i will never be one, inrespective of tribe, race, language, i still believe we are one.

Please dont ever take comment on nairaland too serious, most of the times some people just say it to while away time, and to make people laugh.

Most of the time, those comment makes me laugh when i am stressed up.

Believe me you, majority of the people comming to nairaland to cause tribal war on nairaland, do always have very good griend from that same tribe they are abusing.

And not even friends, they are business associate.

Have a nice night.

This one will soon wake up.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by wunmi590(m): 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

This one will soon wake up.

Lol cheesy

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by SONofYORUBA: 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
KevinDein:
yes, many.
And I don't mean Yorubas in Kwara and kogi. I mean Yorubas in many northern towns. I've been to those places, I've seen them, you denying it doesn't make it any less truthful. wink

You saying so doesn't make it any less false.
Ibos should try this in the north. Keep biting same hands that feed you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by YonkijiSappo: 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
EmekaBlue:

Abuja does not have villages that are Hausa. The suburbs that are Hausa are because Hausas migrated the from further North. Just as you will find suburbs in other parts that are comprised mostly of people from the South.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by dadabashua1(m): 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
Yoruba vs igbo... na no de tire? am a typical isaleko boy.. but seriously I tire with this Yoruba vs igbo wahala.... no be only us de Nigeria... haba... everything insults... respect for each other has become a thing of the past... anyway more than 70percent of nairalanders are not up to even 25years

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by KevinDein: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2016
SONofYORUBA:

You saying so doesn't make it any less false.
Ibos should try this in the north. Keep biting same hands that feed you
no, actually I'm not Igbo. I just saw an untrue statement in one of your posts and I thought to correct it. not necessarily to get you to change your mind but for others who might be misinformed smiley

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by Emancipation: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
As far as the Nigerian constitution is concerned, Every IGBO, Yoruba, Hausa and everyone else has the inalienable right to live and do business where ever that they choose to. This is the true essence of the one Nigeria that was fought for.

There is nothing like accommodating someone. That is pure nonsense.

You didn't pay for their land
You didn't start them a business
You didn't pay their bill
you didn't send their children to school

Igbos go to a place with nothing and work hard to accomplish something. They pay taxes (whether you want to admit it or not)

STOP THIS STU.PID LIES AND PROPAGANDA

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by willibounce1(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
Drchristian:

Yorubas will never gather like this anywhere in d south eastern part and they are extra few in population in dat region..(I stand to be corrected)

I'm just back from imo-state, come and see how some kids will always insult the yorubas for their own nightmares chai

So are you happy about that? It just shows how miserably hateful you flattinos are and how you'll never learn to embrace peace and end up wasted like chickens. You want yorubas to gather in your East and at the same time you are happy they are being insulted by flattino urchins... una go must learn lesson by force. We will teach ya'll how to be civilised.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by TheFLIRT(m): 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
Alexander001:
Good for em. Somewhere in Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha,
someone is already selling iPhone 7 London
used
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched by sekundosekundo: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
Drchristian:
First of all, most igbo people do not pay tax, 95% of them are tax evaders yet they end up making Money frm d west.

Second of all, What tax does it take to live in yorubaland that you won't pay for living in ur own region? all d tax goes to Nigerian politician's pockets at d end though. For this u should stop being "OSU"
Accomodate a dog for three days, they will remember you for three years. Accomodate an i*bo for three years they will forget you in three days and call your house and land a "No man's house and a no man's land"

God bless the yorubas.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ooni & Oluwo Princess Hanna And Joseph Alexander's Wedding (Photos) / Death Of Prince Kelechi Ineke, Son Of Gabriel Ineke, The Echemugo 1 Of Abaomege / The Cost Of Uprooting The Ekiti Sacred Tree In Odo, Oja (Snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.