Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (22647 Views)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1:
Today Tuesday,September, 2016 started like every other day. At dawn about some few minutes past five O' clock, my wife which has been pregnant for 9 months 3weeks woke me up with a moan of pain.I opened my eyes to see her at the entrance to the bathroom. She had gone to pee when she suddenly felt the unbearable pain. I tried all I can to ease her pain,but it persisted. That's when it dawned on us that maybe she is starting to labour. I dashed to the baby room in which all things are already set for the most anticipated arrival, whisked up the box with the needed hospital stuffs,and we were on our way to the hospital within the minute.
We arrived there around some minutes to six, and till around 12:30 PM she was still labouring. I had gone to get various injections for drip two different time within those hours. It's been about seven hours or more, I was starting to worry. Just then I was called upon to come get another batch of supplies for the delivery. Such a strong woman! She has been quiet all along,unlike some other women that have been making awkward noises all around the wards. She had always promised to be strong through it.
The midwives were taking her calmness for loss of strength, they were urging her to cry out. They told me she had to push,that the baby is almost out. I moved closer to her ear and whispered;
"Baby,you are a strong woman please push hard enough. You know prolonged labour might hurt "Boo-Boo"(the pet name for our unborn twin babies) , please we have to take all three of you home alive. She got "gingered" and pushed hard and "Boo" came out. Such a beatiful baby girl! One more to go,that's when I was chased out to leave them to do their job. I went out to wait for the second "boo".
During one of those several scans during pregnancy, the scan attendant had once told us the twins were "sooo identical" according to the analysis. We got more eager to see them soon. I was outside feeling so happy after telling my sisters who were also waiting at d reception that boo is out. They were so happy. Shortly after, I was called upon to come into the ward. There I was shown the second baby. She looked so much like her twin sister,perperhaps as beautiful. Alas she was lifeless.
I cried bitterly inside while I tried to console my wife not to cry as she might hurt herself. But as soon as I got out of there i cried uncontrollably. They were going to be our first babies in our new marriage, though we've been together for about eleven years now( we dated for ten years since school days). We were so happy it will be twins. Her phone had been full of cute twin baby pictures. Whenever she saw any thread on here with twins with people wishing they had twins, she blushes that hers is on the way. Now it is all gone. But we still have our cute little "Boo" to keep.
I feel so down right now, I could use some consolatory comments. What a sweet bitter day!
You are still Baba ibeji........Another one will come
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by oyomii(f): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
We knw it sad bt u av several reasons to be grtful. 1. U didn't bcome a widow today and 2. You are now a dad. U've got a beautiful princess and a queen to look after. U are a blessed man. You've got jst one reason to b sad but several to b grtful. Your wife needs u nw more than ever. The labour room is nt as fun as u think it is. So b der for ur wife. Congrats sir.

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Glomoni: 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
It's well bro, I know exactly how you feel after months of warming up for the boo boo, but be strong and also happy cos ur wife and boo made it. It could hv been worse,to give birth to twins no be here.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
Don't b a sucker grin, get ur a*ss up n b strong......better days ahead.....bless
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Onegai(f): 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1:

Thanks so much. It hurt more when I went home to get some stuffs in the baby room and saw all those things we bought in pairs. Cots, wardrobe,carriers, baby car seats, and the stroller which my baby just forced me to assemble the second one just yesterday evening. When she said she might give birth anytime soon.
For pregnant people I'd like to give this advice:
It turned out the baby had been dead for over 48 hours before today. For a set of monozygotic twins(sharing same sac),the doctors thought it's a miracle there were no complications. To think we still went for checkup on last week Monday when she felt pain overnight,where the doctor advised to opt for CS that it is safer as against what people think. Especially for multiple births. She said the babies were perfectly grown and were just waiting inside. That they will be fine if delivered right away. But my wife felt she could do it by herself. It's all good though we'll get over it. I'll start deleting those pictures from her phone and dispose of those double things we won't be needing so as to make it go away quick.

I'm so sorry for what you went through. A lot of doctors will recommend CS for multiple deliveries. It is not about how strong the woman is, it is about the amount of stress the babies go through. Any baby in delivery is stressed but then some babies then go through additional stress. Sometimes they swallow meconium, sometimes they poo in-utero. CS gives a form of control over how the babies will be born, they will schedule te birth at the best possible time and be prepared for any outcome. But please take heart, you guys came out victorious. Love your wife and be very patient with her, tell her what you're feeling too. God knows best.

8 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Bugatie(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
herzern:
I almost cried....

God will console yhu with a triplet years to come....

#AMEN!

Take heart bros,

Triplet? This your prayer ehh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by dopedealer(m): 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
It is well ..
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by 18wheeler: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1:
Today Tuesday,September, 2016 started like every other day. At dawn about some few minutes past five O' clock, my wife which has been pregnant for 9 months 3weeks woke me up with a moan of pain.I opened my eyes to see her at the entrance to the bathro8om. She had gone to pee when she suddenly felt the unbearable pain. I tried all I can to ease her pain,but it persisted. That's when it dawned on us that maybe she is starting to labour. I dashed to the baby room in which all things are already set for the most anticipated arrival, whisked up the box with the needed hospital stuffs,and we were on our way to the hospital within the minute.
We arrived there around some minutes to six, and till around 12:30 PM she was still labouring. I had gone to get various injections for drip two different time within those hours. It's been about seven hours or more, I was starting to worry. Just then I was called upon to come get another batch of supplies for the delivery. Such a strong woman! She has been quiet all along,unlike some other women that have been making awkward noises all around the wards. She had always promised to be strong through it.
The midwives were taking her calmness for loss of strength, they were urging her to cry out. They told me she had to push,that the baby is almost out. I moved closer to her ear and whispered;
"Baby,you are a strong woman please push hard enough. You know prolonged labour might hurt "Boo-Boo"(the pet name for our unborn twin babies) , please we have to take all three of you home alive. She got "gingered" and pushed hard and "Boo" came out. Such a beatiful baby girl! One more to go,that's when I was chased out to leave them to do their job. I went out to wait for the second "boo".
During one of those several scans during pregnancy, the scan attendant had once told us the twins were "sooo identical" according to the analysis. We got more eager to see them soon. I was outside feeling so happy after telling my sisters who were also waiting at d reception that boo is out. They were so happy. Shortly after, I was called upon to come into the ward. There I was shown the second baby. She looked so much like her twin sister,perperhaps as beautiful. Alas she was lifeless.
I cried bitterly inside while I tried to console my wife not to cry as she might hurt herself. But as soon as I got out of there i cried uncontrollably. They were going to be our first babies in our new marriage, though we've been together for about eleven years now( we dated for ten years since school days). We were so happy it will be twins. Her phone had been full of cute twin baby pictures. Whenever she saw any thread on here with twins with people wishing they had twins, she blushes that hers is on the way. Now it is all gone. But we still have our cute little "Boo" to keep.
I feel so down right now, I could use some consolatory comments. What a sweet bitter day!

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by linsa01(m): 9:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
Daddy boo, you better be greatful to God. To me you've not lost anything. after 9months you have your wife and a beautiful boo alive. No money spent on CS. please be strong and happy for the new baby and mummy boo. Congrats.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by osarenmwienda(f): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
congratulations sir . just thank God for everything.. you should be greatful
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by happney65: 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1:

Thanks so much. It hurt more when I went home to get some stuffs in the baby room and saw all those things we bought in pairs. Cots, wardrobe,carriers, baby car seats, and the stroller which my baby just forced me to assemble the second one just yesterday evening. When she said she might give birth anytime soon.
For pregnant people I'd like to give this advice:
It turned out the baby had been dead for over 48 hours before today. For a set of monozygotic twins(sharing same sac),the doctors thought it's a miracle there were no complications. To think we still went for checkup on last week Monday when she felt pain overnight,where the doctor advised to opt for CS that it is safer as against what people think. Especially for multiple births. She said the babies were perfectly grown and were just waiting inside. That they will be fine if delivered right away. But my wife felt she could do it by herself. It's all good though we'll get over it. I'll start deleting those pictures from her phone and dispose of those double things we won't be needing so as to make it go away quick.

Please do not dispose the double things in a trash cash..Kindly give it out to an Orphanage or someone you know needs it.. omolola15 do you want twins?Receive it in Jesus name..speaking in tongues....Shaksksiskskskkdkkroboooo

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by dljbd1(m): 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
Be strong bro...your wife needs you. Be strong.

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Pidggin(f): 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
Some people can be insensitive, this is ridiculous. Someone is grieving after months of preparing and planning for twins only to end up with one baby and another person who lacks empathy, decides to post pics of ordinary looking twins.

To what end exactly, is the plan to send him further into depression or what?

@OP, take heart, God will bless you with twins again and this time you shall not lose any of them, congrats on your princess, may God make her a light to her generation, God bless

3 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by glossy6(f): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
Oh my o my! Congrats all the same.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by iomoge2(f): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2016
God will hive another set
Amen

Thank God you have one to hold and cherish.

48hours gone inside?
Hmmmm.
This os seriois.

God bless Boo.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by femi4: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
dont8:
Ikoko lo fo, omi odanu. Omi lo danu, Ikoko o fo

Ikoko: Mother
Omi: Child

So sorry bro, another twins are on the way.

We thank God for the life of the mother, God will be with the other baby.
I feel like beating your Yoruba teacher right now

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by queenfav(f): 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
Take heart,God knows best..His ways are not our ways.Congrats on your wife's safe delivery.You will definitely have more beautiful kids by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by rezzy: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations and sorry for your loss. Your boo will bring you abundant blessings and everlasting joy.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by TeeFeh(f): 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
Sorry
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Zehner(f): 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pidggin:
Some people can be insensitive, this is ridiculous. Someone is grieving after months of preparing and planning for twins only to end up with one baby and another person who lacks empathy, decides to post pics of ordinary looking twins.

@OP, take heart, God will bless you with twins again and this time you shall not lose any of them, congrats on your princess, may God make her a light to her generation, God bless
honestly I am speechless where lies our empathy for each other? Very Insensitive.

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by queenfav(f): 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
Pidggin:

Some nairalanders eh,dem dey do like who their brain go on sabbatical leave their head empty.He could not comment and go o,he had to post pictures of his twins.God help some people o.

3 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Pidggin(f): 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
Zehner:
honestly I am speechless where lies our empathy for each other? Very Insensitive.

Honestly, it's sad. The OP is grieving and needs comfort not someone posting pictures of his own twins and saying "Here, look at mine I didn't lose any of them", I don't get it. I am speechless sad

3 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by atilla(m): 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
I'm sure if ur wife knew there was a possibility of danger she would have opted straight away for the c section. She will be so pained and think her decision made it happen. I pray for God to strengthen both of u m. And make ur boo make u guys so happy.

Take care bro and stay strong for ur mama boo and baby boo

5 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Medunah: 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
18wheeler:

The fear of what you went thru made me and my wife opt for CS for our twins. They were our 2nd birth, Boys, unidentical but I cherish them like heaven. They are my world now. Hard luck bro on your loss. May you find comfort.
Seriously?? Last thing u should do right now is that. Like who gives a fvck bout what u opted for, insensitive asf

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by BomboyOnline: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
So sorry to hear about your loss. Cherish Boo, and the ones that are coming after her.

The Nigerian health care system have a long way to go. First of all, a twin pregnancy should have never been allowed to go full term not to talk of 3 weeks over nine months. Who allows a woman carrying twins to labor for hours? C section should have been considered as soon as the babies weren't coming.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Beey(f): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
MaBuk:
You write as if giving birth abroad with twins is like 500k, do you want the OP to break a bank. People have given birth to triplet here in 9ja and all are alive.
It's not cheap but in case of multiples or should a complication arise, health insurance pays for CS
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by BomboyOnline: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2016
So sorry to hear about your loss. Cherish Boo, and the ones that are coming after her.

The Nigerian health care system has a long way to go. First of all, a twin pregnancy should have never been allowed to go full term not to talk of 3 weeks over nine months. Who allows a woman carrying twins to labor for hours? C section should have been considered as soon as the babies weren't coming.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Debbiehola(f): 9:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Have a gratitude heart give God the Glory. In any situation give thanks. Regards to your wife ad d little princess boo.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by cococandy(f): 9:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Your wife should have opted for the CS. Two babies over nine months in the belly. Placentas would have gotten aged and unable to function well. Lessons learned for next time if any.

Sorry about your loss. And pls be strong for your wife.

7 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by cococandy(f): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
BomboyOnline:

The Nigerian health care system has a long way to go. First of all, a twin pregnancy should have never been allowed to go full term not to talk of 3 weeks over nine months. Who allows a woman carrying twins to labor for hours? C section should have been considered as soon as the babies weren't coming.
According to OP the doctor did suggest it but the wife refused. They can't force her you know.

3 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by ambafrank: 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
Take heart God knows all, it could have been worst then this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing Girl In Kaduna: Walida Found In Kano / It is a Confession Hour , I'm Sleeping With My Pastor's Wife . / Lockdown: What's Your Daily Routine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.