Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,467 members, 7,836,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Is Love Jealous? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love Jealous? (1096 Views)

Young Lady's Nude Video Released By Her Jealous Boyfriend. See Photos / Tell Me This Is Love And I Will Tell You I Don't Want(pic) / See What My Babe Does Daily Just To Satisfy Me (dont Open If Ur Jealous) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Love Jealous? by bodefakorede(m): 5:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
I remember my first time experience about love shortly after my secondary school education. I never had any relationship during my secondary school years. But, this came unexpected. It happened that there was a lady I admired and we became friends. We both pursued the same passion in the same department in church. We found it easy to get along, do extracurricular activities after church service. Not minding the distance of her house from mine, I’ll go to her place where we chat and spend time together. The relationship was godly and there’s no sinful habit.
In no time, we became family friends as our parents knew each other and our siblings too were friends. Few months down the line, here comes a new member, a brother who joined us in the department and before I’d say Jesus is Lord, he got her attention. She no longer comes to my house as before. I became jealous because I sensed rivalry. Her mom also knew about it. I felt pained and almost heart broken.
Should I have fought for love? Why was I jealous when someone else bought her affection?
When you’re in love, there’s every tendency to desire protection of whom you’re in love with. Because of your affection, intimacy and emotional connection, you’d never want anyone to overthrow the position you occupy in the heart of who you love. Hence, you’ll do all it takes to secure the love.
To secure that emotional oneness you shared, first you become jealous and then sensitive to anyone that could act as a rival. It’s normal to be jealous. But it is when jealousy gets to the extreme that envy, rage and fight would come up all in the name of love.
Why do people gets jealous when they begin to sense rivalry or emotional encroachment?
Do you know that God is love? Love is not all about sexual fantasies, immoralities and sex; it has to do with commitment and improving the life of whom you love. Hence, it’s not heresy to say God is a jealous God. Does it sound weird? In Deuteronomy four verse twenty-four, God is a consuming fire and a jealous God.
God will never share His glory with anyone. In the Gospels, He requested that man must love Him with all his heart, soul, strength and might (Luke 10:27). He doesn’t want anything or anyone to come in between you and Him. This is why He’s jealous.
When you love your spouse or partner, it’s normal to be jealous when you sense a rivalry. But the jealousy shouldn’t lead to aggression or cause fight between the rival. It’s not love when you’re not jealous but when the jealousy becomes extreme that it leads to a fight, it’s no longer love but rage.
Similarly, when jealousy begins to make you feel possessive or monitoring your spouse’s life, then it’s not love but lust. Love is kind and not controlling. A bit of jealousy is needed to make a person feel special. But when you’re not bothered if a rival comes or not, it shows a lackadaisical attitude about love. Or perhaps you don’t treasure whom you love.
Don’t get overly protective or controlling because you don’t want a rival. It’s normal for rivalry to occur even when you’re married. Some men would still desire to have you having seen a wedding band on your finger, you only have to remain faithful to your marital vows or whom you’re engaged to.
Love is jealous but going the extreme makes it worse and immature. It’s weird for a lady to be fighting because of rivalry or a man to engage in throwing punches or to do evil against someone who took the affection of whom you love.
A person that’s truly in love with you, though would have suitors but would ensure to remain faithful despite the advances. If God is jealous of securing His love relationship with man, then you must jealously secure your love for your spouse or partner but not to the extreme...www.hisamazingrace.com
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
yes grin
Re: Is Love Jealous? by ImDharay: 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
Too long,
Neeeeeeeexxxxxxxt...

1 Like

Re: Is Love Jealous? by kilokeys(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
u were friendzoned. no story
Re: Is Love Jealous? by pweetychyka(f): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Yea it is!

Tho it depends on ur perception of jealousy as we got healthy n un-healthy jealousy
Re: Is Love Jealous? by jonaifame22(m): 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
Dnt fight cos of her,u'll lose her finally!
Re: Is Love Jealous? by firstking01(m): 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
pweetychyka:
Yea it is!

Tho it depends on ur perception of jealousy as we got healthy n un-healthy jealousy
undecided
Re: Is Love Jealous? by pweetychyka(f): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
firstking01:
undecided

In jenifa's voice "wat is it I do?"
Re: Is Love Jealous? by ironheart(m): 5:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
Love is about loyalty. When loyalty is lacking, then jealousy sets in.
Re: Is Love Jealous? by charijee(f): 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
Yes, a little bit of jealousy is needed in love.....but being extremely jealous can be quite harmful

1 Like

Re: Is Love Jealous? by firstking01(m): 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
pweetychyka:

In jenifa's voice "wat is it I do?"
Nothing!!!, thought you will understand sha.
Re: Is Love Jealous? by pweetychyka(f): 6:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
firstking01:
Nothing!!!, thought you will understand sha.

Lol.....
Hope u r good today?
Re: Is Love Jealous? by sinaj(f): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
jonaifame22:
Dnt fight cos of her,u'll lose her finally!
it's ok to fight for love smiley

Not with gun nd sticks sha grin
Re: Is Love Jealous? by firstking01(m): 6:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
pweetychyka:

Lol.....
Hope u r good today?
As if you really careundecided, anyways i'm cooL, and i trust you are toocheesy
Re: Is Love Jealous? by pweetychyka(f): 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
firstking01:
As if you really careundecided, anyways i'm cooL, and i trust you are toocheesy

Yea sure!
Tho I 've being drenched by d rain!
Re: Is Love Jealous? by firstking01(m): 6:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
pweetychyka:

Yea sure!
Tho I 've being drenched by d rain!
Hehehehe, sorry tho, thought it was only me the rain messed up...the rain no get joy here in ph.
Re: Is Love Jealous? by pweetychyka(f): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
firstking01:
Hehehehe, sorry tho, thought it was only me the rain messed up...the rain no get joy here in ph.

Pele.... it's fine!
Re: Is Love Jealous? by firstking01(m): 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2016
pweetychyka:

Pele.... it's fine!
You in phundecided??
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Firstlieutenant(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
sinaj:

Na pillow dem go come use fight the fight?
Re: Is Love Jealous? by pweetychyka(f): 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2016
firstking01:
You in phundecided??

Naaaaaa!
Lasgidi all d way!
Re: Is Love Jealous? by jonaifame22(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
sinaj:

I don't fight for love for a gal cos I might lose,but I fight wth gals on the bed cos I believe I will win and sustain no injury
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Gothblackgal(f): 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2016
jonaifame22:
I don't fight for love for a gal cos I might lose,but I fight wth gals on the bed cos I believe I will win and sustain no injury

Uncle jonai, I see you on every thread, you no dey sleep, ah
Re: Is Love Jealous? by jonaifame22(m): 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2016
Gothblackgal:

Uncle jonai, I see you on every thread, you no dey sleep, ah
I do sleep so?
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Gothblackgal(f): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
jonaifame22:
I do sleep so?
see question. lol, no hard feelings cheesy
Re: Is Love Jealous? by jonaifame22(m): 6:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
Gothblackgal:

see question. lol, no hard feelings cheesy
hehehe,ain't gat no hard feelings for ladies, cos they have something I like!
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Gothblackgal(f): 6:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
jonaifame22:
hehehe,ain't gat no hard feelings for ladies, cos they have something I like!
lipsrsealed lol
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
ImDharay:
Too long,
Neeeeeeeexxxxxxxt...

You and your monikers...
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Durbaubal682: 7:49pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Is Love Jealous? by ImDharay: 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2016
Oliviaarims:

You and your monikers...
Uhm like you don't recognize this one...
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2016
ImDharay:

Uhm like you don't recognize this one...

Sure, I do.
Re: Is Love Jealous? by dharay88: 10:07am On Sep 15, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Sure, I do.
alryy, morninq...
Re: Is Love Jealous? by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 15, 2016
dharay88:

alryy, morninq...

Good morning. How are you? Still enjoying your hols?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Karma Is A B***ch: Cheating Wife Stuck To A Man In While Making Love In Hotel / The Sex Tool... In You. / 9 Awkward Signs You’re Having Bad Sex With Your Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.