Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,312 members, 7,954,249 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Tajweed - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Tajweed (30879 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 8:53am On Feb 07, 2017
how is ر supposed to be pronounced at certain places in the Quran?

we have tafkheem(heavy) and tarqeeq(light)

whats tafkheem? this is when you pronounce the ر with an "o" shaped mouth i.e a full mouth

what is tarqeeq? this is when you pronounce the ر with a widened mouth i.e empty mouth

tafkheem applies in the following cases;

1.) ر accompanied by fatha or dhammah e.g رَسول pronounced as "rosool", غيره pronounced as "ghayruh" , من رَّبك pronounced. as "mir robbik"

2.) ر accompanied with "sukoon" and the letter before it carries a dhammah and fatha (note: kasrah was not mentioned because it has a special case) e.g تُرْجعون and والاَرْض.

3.) ر accompanied with sukoon and the letter before it caries a kasrah. Now this is a special case because for it to be read with full mouth, the following letters must follow the "raa" that has sukoon; ق غ خ ض ظ ص ط if we notice each of these letters are normally pronounced with full mouth(i.e "o" shaped) e.g مِرْصادًا and فِرْقة

4.) ر with sukoon, either kasrah or dhammah & either kasratain or dhammatain at a stop(or where you wish to stop due to breaking of breath) or at the end of an ayah, if waw or alif madd comes before the raa, then its pronounced with full mouth. e.g شكُورٌ pronounced as "shukoor"(note that since you are stopping you won't say "shukoorun but shukoor) another example is بالكفّارٍ read as "bil kuffaar"(with full mouth, note: i didn't bring this example from the Qur'an, its just an example).

thats all for tafkheem, call my attention to any misunderstanding

will continue with tarqeeq in a bit...

Salam alaykum warahmotullah wabatakatuhu. It's been a while, just see this as well as others. I'm not really getting the ر ahkham. Even the app I downloaded is kinda confusing, using words like zabar and pesh

What happened to your Lexiconkabir handle?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2017
^^

Abdelkabir
Re: Tajweed by zarinaAin: 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2017
k4kenny:

Salam alaykum warahmotullah wabatakatuhu. It's been a while, just see this as well as others. I'm not really getting the ر ahkham. Even the app I downloaded is kinda confusing, using words like zabar and pesh

Zabar-fatiha
Pesh-dhoma
Zer-kesro

There are many tajweed app you can use. Eg tajweed, tajweed Quran, learning tajweed and pdfs also. Just Google it out
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
zarinaAin:

Zabar-fatiha
Pesh-dhoma
Zer-kesro

There are many tajweed app you can use. Eg tajweed, tajweed Quran, learning tajweed and pdfs also. Just Google it out

Jazakillah khayran. I have a tajweed app, it just wasn't very informative in ر rules
Re: Tajweed by k4kenny(f): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
zarinaAin:

Zabar-fatiha
Pesh-dhoma
Zer-kesro

Jazakillahu khayran. I have a tajweed app. Just didn't get the rah part.
Re: Tajweed by zarinaAin: 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
k4kenny:

Jazakillah khayran. I have a tajweed app, it just wasn't very informative in ر rules

Maybe you should try reading a detailed explanation. You will definitely understand
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 12, 2017
k4kenny:

sorry for the late reply, was really really busy.... lexiconkabir = Abdelkabir = Aboo uthaymeen.

as for the raa rulings, perhaps i would explain one after the other then u bring like 5 examples after each explanation, saheeh?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 13, 2017
Permission to ask my question here.

Modified: My eyes have fully opened. No more doubts.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
snapscore:
Permission to ask my question here.

Modified: My eyes have fully opened. No more doubts.

can i Still know what it is?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

can i Still know what it is?

I can't talk now plus it's too long. I am still VERY shocked about the news I heard.

Thank God my eyes have fully opened. Alhamdulliah.

Shaykh Fawzan (may Allah have mercy on him) was right a 100%.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
snapscore:

I can't talk now plus it's too long. I am still VERY shocked about the news I heard.

Thank God my eyes have fully opened. Alhamdulliah.

i still insist you let us know(when you are free) perhaps it might benefit another person.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

i still insist you let us know(when you are free) perhaps it might benefit another person.

1) Is it compulsory to get married? I know in some cases it is but it's mainly recommended? so if a woman doesn't marry then it means that she won't have family obligations except to her immediate family. That way she can spend most of her life working and impacting people's lives....is that wrong?

2) Isn't marriage for people who are ready. I remember reading somewhere that if a person feels that he won't be able to handle the responsibility then he shouldn't get married ( I honestly think, I may have misinterpreted the statement). Can you clarify that?

This is what I remember for now. Off to Arabic clas.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 5:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
I guess i can now see the relation of these questions to shaykh al-fawzaan(hafidhahullâh) video on women, particularly where he talked about the natural responsiblities of women.....anyway to your questions.....

snapscore:

1) Is it compulsory to get married? I know in some cases it is but it's mainly recommended? so if a woman doesn't marry then it means that she won't have family obligations except to her immediate family. That way she can spend most of her life working and impacting people's lives....is that wrong?

in this age and time we live in, where immorality is the order of the day and the chances of escaping it is thinner compared to the bridge of siraat, then it is safer to get married, shaytaan might whisper to one and make thr person think that "I can keep my chastity" but at the long run it becomes tough.

marriage doesn't stop one from impacting on peoples life, just as how marriage don't hinder education, this is the whisper of shaytaan. In fact RUNNING FROM FAMILY RESPONSIBILITY IS ANOTHER FORM OF DOUBTING ALLÂH, ALLÂH DONT BURDEN A SOUL MORE THAN IT CAN BEAR, the words of Allâh is truth and it doesn't change.

marrying protests half of your deen, you will Make the prophet proud by increasing his ummah(there is a hadeeth to that effect).

marriage is a form of worship, I ask, why were you created? to worship Allâh only, every other thing is secondary.

there are so many benefits in marrying, like i said, Allâh dont overburdens a soul more than its capacity, for example, i have a friend who got married in our 200level days, this brother was broke but still got marriage, wAllâhi he his doing fine with his family today, yet still going to school, he doesnt depend on his parents, Allâh enriched him in order to be able to take care of his family.

2) Isn't marriage for people who are ready. I remember reading somewhere that if a person feels that he won't be able to handle the responsibility then he shouldn't get married ( I honestly think, I may have misinterpreted the statement). Can you clarify that?

it depends on the kind of responsibility meant, if it is taking care of children, then we ask, why are you running away from this? Allâh dont burden a soul more than it can bear. this thought of "i feel i can't handle responsibilities that comes with a family" is nothing but the wicked whispers of shaytaan, shaytaan runs in our veins like the blood does.

shaytaan dont want any good for the children of Adam, marriage has lots of goods ane shaytaan dont want that for us, a proof that marriage is a good thing is, it is one of the rewards for the people of jannah.

if marriage was such a hard thing Allâh wont give it in jannah just as how we wont unrinate nor defecate in jannah, women won't menstruate.

so really, this is all whispers from shaytaan.

This is what I remember for now. Off to Arabic clas.

ok..barakallâhu feeki

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
What if someone is unsure that he/she can raise kids in the proper Islamic manner?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2017
snapscore:
What if someone is unsure that he/she can raise kids in the proper Islamic manner?

if everybody thought like this, how will the ummah increase? these are obviously whispers from shaytaan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

if everybody thought like this, how will the ummah increase? these are obviously whispers from shaytaan.

@Abdelkabir

How is marriage a form of worship?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
snapscore:

But some people are more family oriented than other? What happens to those people who feel that perhaps they can't run a family?

I am just asking for asking sake at this point.
Just incase someone benefits from it.

Modified: You already answered this.

How is marriage a form of worship?

there are many reasons why marriage is a form of worship, but in short marriage completes half of your deen. here is the proof;

قال رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ مَنْ رَزَقَهُ اللَّهُ امْرَأَةً صَالِحَةً فَقَدْ أَعَانَهُ اللَّهُ عَلَى شَطْرِ دِينِهِ فَلْيَتَّقِ اللَّهَ فِي الشَّطْرِ الثَّانِي

The messenger of Allâh said: Whoever Allâh provides a righteous wife, Allâh has assisted him in half of his religion. Let him fear Allâh with regards to the second half.

This hadeeth is saheeh according to some scholars, some say its hasan.

both saheeh and hasan means the hadeeth is reliable.

and it applies to both males and females.

wAllâhu 'alam, wAllâhul musta'aan.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

there are many reasons why marriage is a form of worship, but in short marriage completes half of your deen. here is the proof;

قال رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ مَنْ رَزَقَهُ اللَّهُ امْرَأَةً صَالِحَةً فَقَدْ أَعَانَهُ اللَّهُ عَلَى شَطْرِ دِينِهِ فَلْيَتَّقِ اللَّهَ فِي الشَّطْرِ الثَّانِي
Whoever Allâh provides a righteous wife, Allâh has assisted him in half of his religion. Let him fear Allâh with regards to the second half.

This hadeeth is saheeh according to some scholars, some say its hasan.

both saheeh and hasan means the hadeeth is reliable.

and it applies to both males and females.

wAllâhu 'alam, wAllâhul musta'aan.

Jazakallahu Khyran for your time and patience.
I felt like I bothered you today.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2017
snapscore:

Jazakallahu Khyran for your time and patience.
I felt like I bothered you today.

wa iyyak insha Allâh, and No, you didn't bother me today.

as for the video i posted, I didn't want to post it initially, cuz i fear it wont be understood properly, had to muster up some courage to post it, and I'm glad you benefited from it.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
AbdelKabir:

wa iyyak insha Allâh, and No, you didn't bother me today.

as for the video i posted, I didn't want to post it before, cuz i fear it wont be understood properly, had to muster up some courage to post it, and I'm glad you benefited from it.

The video played a role and something I found out played another role.

But I definitely benefited from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2017
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 18, 2017
Salam alaykum sister zarinaain

How are you doing?

Any updates on your Tajweed and Arabic class?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
I finally realized when hafidhahullâh is used
Re: Tajweed by zarinaAin: 6:29pm On Feb 18, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum sister zarinaain

How are you doing?

Any updates on your Tajweed and Arabic class?

Walaykum Salam sister

Alhamdulilah, I'm fine and how are you?

The Arabic class and other have been suspended cos my mallams are busy. But insha Allah, the class will soon commence
Just revising the memorized suras

1 Like

Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 18, 2017
zarinaAin:

Walaykum Salam sister

Alhamdulilah, I'm fine and how are you?

The Arabic class and other have been suspended cos my mallams are busy. But insha Allah, the class will soon commence
Just revising the memorized suras

I am fine alhamdulliah.

In sha Allah. It's great that you are revising.
May Allah make it easy for you.
Re: Tajweed by zarinaAin: 12:59am On Feb 19, 2017
snapscore:

I am fine alhamdulliah.

In sha Allah. It's great that you are revising.
May Allah make it easy for you.

Amin, to you also and to everyone else trying to memorize the words of Allah
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 19, 2017
snapscore:
I finally realized when hafidhahullâh is used

Care to elucidate Umm lu'lu, pls?!
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 19, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Care to elucidate Umm lu'lu, pls?!

It is used for scholars that are alive. For example shykh al Fawzan (hafidhahullah) and shaykh ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullah).

I honestly learnt this because I was reading through the thread and AbdelKabir previously mentioned it.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
snapscore:

It is used for scholars that are alive. For example shykh al Fawzan (hafidhahullah) and shaykh ibn Uthaymeen (rahimahullah).

I honestly learnt this because I was reading through the thread and AbdelKabir previously mentioned it.

Maa shaaa Allaah.
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
snapscore:

if you were told to bring all the examples on iqlaab found in suratul naba'i, can you?
Re: Tajweed by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
AbdelKabir:

if you were told to bring all the examples on iqlaab found in[b] suratul naba'[/b]i, can you?

Read the surah today.

I can try but I am going to pray now.

* Modified*

And sleep afterwards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

People Eating In Public During Ramadan Will Be Arrested - Sharia Police / Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? / "Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.