Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138605 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 18, 2016
mnairaland:

My Ibo brothers, this man has answered your questions.

And there is ijebu...there is yourba..guess this have answered yours
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 18, 2016
Ngozi123:

He is not Igbo and he is not from Anioma. I don't know where he's really from but he needs to come clean about it.

Heis a yourba boy..na all those text book dem dey read..
Na why they're full of ignorance and won't want to learn..
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2016
Eastlink:
I'm being realistic nwanne. Nothing of such agenda is happening in my state. We would had feared such, had we found ourselves under an Ijaw administration, especially in the 70/80's. But now, those folks have been carved to Bayelsa to keep their Ijaw flag flying. The Ikwerres we know have no such time to obliterate the identity of others, they only want to maintain their own distinctiveness. The same goes for every other tribe in the state and as it stand everyone is simply minding their business. River state since the return of democracy has tuned down its anti-Igbo sentiment. More people now easily identify with Ndigbo which wasn't the case in the past. The inter-marriages between the SE and Rivers people is overwhelming for years now, even in cultural events and also the wearing of Igbo red cap even among the Ikwerres. Many people because of the 2011 and 2015 election are changing their mindset towards Ndigbo because of the support it gave to GEJ. Although this attitude didn't start now, but I think certain aspect of this change was engineered by the Rivers state government from the time of Peter Odili who was liberal in his tenure, down to both Omehia and Amaechi and now Wike. If you check well, you would find out that all of them had Igbo wives from the SE as well as inlaws.
So when I tell you nothing of such is happening, you have to believe me. But still we won't keep silent about the alterations in the newly upgraded website, we shall still lay our complaints to the appropriate quarters.

Thanks....but prioritize and execute the bold section.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by YonkijiSappo: 9:16am On Sep 18, 2016
Igboid:

Lol! You can't be serious. In absence of a colonial Igbo land forcing Igbo language on groups. It's obvious that the Language of the majority of the dwellers in Ancient Anioma was Igbo, as Igbo language ended up swallowing all other languages there, despite the imperial power of Bini on Anioma and the proximity of Ika and Even Igbanke to Edo, the people ended up with a classical Igbo dialect. Except in few cases where these immigrants founded their own independent communities, as in Ebu ( Igala) and Odiani ( Olukumi) could Igbo language of the majority of the natives of anioma not prevail. cool

Even Odiani today is seriously assimilating into Igbo mainstream of Anioma, as they kings now go by the name "Obi" and with Igbo names and titles to match.

Its not hard for any genuine anthropologist to figure out who were the main inhabitants and were in majority in Anioma before the arrival of others. cool

How about Ozza Language that still exists in Ika?
What do you make of its origins?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ivoryred(f): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2016
uckennety:

Can we cHat privately sis?
alright
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by uckennety(m): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2016
Ivoryred:
alright

I v PM u and followed u!
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by SlayerSupreme: 10:49am On Sep 18, 2016
Ubenedictus:

Take a look at this ika names, ehi, ose, they are edoid.
1. ehiabor- Gods blessing
2. ehioma - GOD is good
3. ehiwarrior- it is god we pray to
4. omiken- mercy
5. ehimeninomiken God has shown me mercy
6. osedodo- God i plead
7. ehiedu- God leads
8. kpanmiose- God i thank you
9. ewere- good luck
10. osebor - Gods blessing
Those edo and urhobo settlers should go back to their place of origin. They are not and will never be original Ika people. They are the ones causing this problems. Every Edo and Urhobo descendant should return to their place. Period!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

I lived in onitsha for a portion of my life. My brother still live in onitsha as we speak. My cousin and sister are both married to Onitsha people. From onitsha peeps own mouth, Eze chima founded onitsha likewise the rest. They didn't meet anyone there. Omanbala or whatever cannot lay claim to aniomaland. We are not fighting for your own, so abeg leave our own for us.
Btw: I'm not saying they are not Anambra people ( obviously by state creation they are, but they are also anioma)

No,the Ezechime clan arrived Onicha in the 15th-16th cen. after the Ogboli Nri have long settled in the town. In fact,the Orimili Niger was one of the rivers used for sacrifices before an Eze Nri is crowned. Nwanne,let's drop this discussion for peace to prevail because you will never win this. Even Onicha indigens will NEVER call the town ANIOMA LAND.....Never,I have never heard it in my life until this thread. You might as well call Anambra Anioma land because the state is littered with Anioma migrants.
As for ANIOMA being Omanbala land...lol...AHABA GOM, OGWA NSHI/NRI UKWU, IGBO BI N'UZOR...lol. Should I go on. We have an unshakable presense in Anioma. But at the end we are one....Igwe bu ike.....Igbo bu ofu. Daalu.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by SlayerSupreme: 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
chukzyblingz:
We're on same page on two things. First you subtly admitted There is an Igbo denials in Onitsha and despite the denials, Onitsha people feel more at home with other Igbos than Anioma people for some obvious reasons. This is why it's outrageous to even think of categorizing those towns completely alienated from Anioma land and happenings in Anioma areas as Anioma town.
The lost Ika people will continue to look for others to pull into their identity crises. They pull Asaba in all the time. They pull Ogwashi-ukwu too but it never works. You people are pitiable. Igbo denial can never work in SE whether in Onicha or anywhere else. Benin slave your ploy is DOA.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by SlayerSupreme: 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
Igboid:

What do you want them to do. They have been crying about their marginalization in Rivers state non stop. No good access road there. Even in Ndoki and Asa Facebook pages, there has been outcry against their marginalization in Rivers state.

There is even a thread about that in nairaland here.

Now, that we are on this issue, I think a thread should be opened to discuss the implications of the new distortion Wike made to that Rivers state official website.
Any thread on the issue?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Any thread on the issue?
Non- if you can, go ahead and open it. I'll get my Etche colleague to supply you with information should you need one.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by julius388: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2016
Hello babies cheesy
How are you?
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by SlayerSupreme: 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
blues20:

Non- if you can, go ahead and open it. I'll get my Etche colleague to supply you with information should you need one.
Okay. Here we go.
#Edited : Not chanced yet.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by olureignforever: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2016
realkingqueen:
IDIOTIC FOOL

You are an imbecilic Fool. Go shave ur armpit, it's like it's affecting ur reasoning. Good day. If you quote me again. Thunder dt will fire you will scatter you
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by tunde1200(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
insecurity is SE problem.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Any thread on the issue?

There wasn't a thread but there was an article

Lagos — Complaints of marginalisation have resurrected an age-old agitation by the people of Oyigbo local government in Rivers State for a merger with their kith and kin in Abia State.

There is a grounds- well of discontent and agitation in Oyigbo local government area of Rivers State. The people are seriously complaining of marginalisation in the affairs of the state and now want to go back to Abia State from where they were carved out in 1976. Oyigbo local government was merged with Rivers State following federal government's acceptance of the report of the Justice Mamman Nasir boundary adjustment commission. Besides, they insist that they are Igbo and would be better catered for in a predominant Igbo territory. The people, under the aegis of Asa-Ndoki-Obigbo League, ANOL, have petitioned President Olusegun Obasanjo, alleging denial of social amenities such as electricity, pipe-borne water, motorable roads and hospital, among others. "Since we have been denied everything due to us, we must go back to our kith and kin in Abia State", they wrote in a petition dated February 18, 2000 and signed by Stanley Akaya and Johnson Ezenma, president and secretary-general respectively. In the petition, ANOL gave 17 reasons why the people want to go back to Abia State.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200008290349.html
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 3:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

No,the Ezechime clan arrived Onicha in the 15th-16th cen. after the Ogboli Nri have long settled in the town. In fact,the Orimili Niger was one of the rivers used for sacrifices before an Eze Nri is crowned. Nwanne,let's drop this discussion for peace to prevail because you will never win this. Even Onicha indigens will NEVER call the town ANIOMA LAND.....Never,I have never heard it in my life until this thread. You might as well call Anambra Anioma land because the state is littered with Anioma migrants.
As for ANIOMA being Omanbala land...lol...AHABA GOM, OGWA NSHI/NRI UKWU, IGBO BI N'UZOR...lol. Should I go on. We have an unshakable presense in Anioma. But at the end we are one....Igwe bu ike.....Igbo bu ofu. Daalu.

Ngozi123 is from onitsha. She can deal with you and your rewrite.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

I don't think Ngozi is the first person from Onicha I have spoken to. Dude,I am from Idenmili and we know Onicha more than you guys. Onicha is not ANIOMA land and will NEVER be!
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

I don't think Ngozi is the first person from Onicha I have spoken to. Dude,I am from Idenmili and we know Onicha more than you guys. Onicha is not ANIOMA land and will NEVER be!

NA your grandpapa took their anioma heritage. In fact na your grandpapa make am idenmili. Rubbish!!!

Ezechima founded onitsha. Onitsha has always and will always be ANIOMALAND. Whether you like it or not, no concern me.

Known where your idenmili or whatever una call yourselves ends and start.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

OdenigboAroli:

I am actually from just outside of Onitsha- Ogbaru, to be precise. My village is literally a stones throw away from the city and our histories are intertwined so I sometimes refer to myself as an 'Onitsha lady' to avoid confusion for those who don't really know the area. I don't like to argue about topics that I'm not so well versed on so I will have to do some more research on this before I comment any further. Sorry undecided.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

NA your grandpapa took their anioma heritage. In fact na your grandpapa make am idenmili. Rubbish!!!

Ezechima founded onitsha. Onitsha has always and will always be ANIOMALAND. Whether you like it or not, no concern me.

Internet tiger, let's wait till you and your Anioma soldiers come to annex Onicha. Till then Onicha is still in Anambra....Cry me a river,nwa Asaba.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 6:21pm On Sep 18, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Internet tiger, let's wait till you and your Anioma soldiers come to annex Onicha. Till then Onicha is still in Anambra....Cry me a river,nwa Asaba.

Onitsha is already in the proposed anioma state which your people support tongue.
You are a lone wolf in this your fight.

And where did I deny onitsha is in Anambra. Unlike you, I say it like itself. Onitsha is in Anambra state but they are anioma. You can bash your head for wall if e pain you that onitsha people are anioma. You are not even one of them so Wetin concern you?

Come on move make I see better road.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

Onitsha is already in the proposed anioma state which your people support tongue.
You are a lone wolf in this your fight.

And where did I deny onitsha is in Anambra. Unlike you, I say it like itself. Onitsha is in Anambra state but they are anioma. You can bash your head for wall if e pain you that onitsha people are anioma. You are not even one of them so Wetin concern you?

Come on move make I see better road.

The same Onicha which is part of the Orimili state the Obi of Onicha proposed? Boy,you are living in dreamland... grin grin
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 6:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

The same Onicha which is part of the Orimili state the Obi of Onicha proposed? Boy,you are living in dreamland... grin grin

This one does not even know what's being discussed about..chai. and he open mouth want talk. I see I have to simplify it..

Onitsha is part of the city put in the Anioma state currently put up as a state to be created if approved by the government.

That anioma state...your own region supports it's creation despite knowing onitsha is included. The obi of onitsha despite visiting FG has yet to openly disapprove of it.

grin grin grin. Like I said you are a lone wolf in this your rubbish

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Abagworo(m): 6:35pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

Anioma is an acronym representing Igbo speaking people of old Western region of Nigeria. It is not an ethnic group. The issue of interest is which among the Igbo speaking groups consider themselves as part of Igbo nation? Aniocha and Oshimili is the answer. Ika people are useless to Igbo nation as they are backward, landlocked and without any resources. If Ikwerre and Ukwuani that have some resources make noise Ika should just shut up! Ikechukwu or whatever you are should henceforth desist from involving yourself in Igbo threads you Ika man. We don't need you even as house help or gate man.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikechukwu48: 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
Abagworo:

Anioma is an acronym representing Igbo speaking people of old Western region of Nigeria. It is not an ethnic group. The issue of interest is which among the Igbo speaking groups consider themselves as part of Igbo nation? Aniocha and Oshimili is the answer. Ika people are useless to Igbo nation as they are backward, landlocked and without any resources. If Ikwerre and Ukwuani that have some resources make noise Ika should just shut up! Ikechukwu or whatever you are should henceforth desist from involving yourself in Igbo threads you Ika man. We don't need you even as house help or gate man.

The next time you dare call me ika, Abagworo I promise I'll make your stay on NL miserable. Don't you EVER in your life call me ika again.

See this ikwerre boy forming igbo having the audacity to insult me. I don't blame you. I really don't blame you. I blame Okorocha for giving you mouth.

As for the rest of your nonsense. When did I say anioma is an ethnic group? Point it out

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Abagworo(m): 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

The next time you dare call me ika, Abagworo I promise I'll make your stay on NL miserable. Don't you EVER in your life call me ika again.

See this ikwerre boy forming igbo having the audacity to insult me. I don't blame you. I really don't blame you. I blame Okorocha for giving you mouth.

As for the rest of your nonsense. When did I say anioma is an ethnic group? Point it out

Sorry I mistook you for Chukz. My statement was in reference to Ika. The truth is that there are Bini influenced Igbos that cut across the Niger with me being one of them. I guess what you meant by Onitsha being Anioma is in the shared Bini influence and nothing more.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ubenedictus(m): 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
ezeagu:

These names are hybrid, just like Ika culture for the most part.

ehi (Edo) + oma (Igbo)
ose (Edo) + dodo (Igbo)
ehi (Edo) + wa riọ (Igbo)
ehi (Edo) + -m (mụ) e nịne omiken (Igbo)

I'm not even sure if 'ehi' is Edo because Ika is Igbo based and the lexicon is mostly Igbo.
EHi is edO
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Abagworo(m): 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ubenedictus:
EHi is edO

There is share of words between neighbouring languages but the structure of the sentence usually shows the parent language of the mix. Ehi is just Edo version of Chi or guiding spirit. It is one of many Edo words found in Ika language.

This topic is about Southeast Igbo and Delta Igbo. Since Ika is not Igbo I don't expect any contribution from an Ika man or woman. We Igbos have long rejected the unproductive people.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ngozi123(f): 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
@OdenigboAroli and @Ikechukwu48

Must we argue on a forum that is littered with anti-Igbo haters who are ready to pounce on anything that's remotely negative about Ndigbo? We cannot allow ourselves to be divided at such a pivotal time in our people's history- remember that sabotage was part of the reason we lost the war. Forgive me for my ignorance but the people in these disputed lands have been living there peacefully for centuries now so what exactly is the big deal? We're all Igbos and we all stand for one cause- that's what should matter smiley.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

... Pls ikechukwu I don't expect this from you. We can't be fighting ourselves here when at the same time we want to bolster our unity. Pls ignore some comments from people. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Dainfamous: 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
Abagworo:

Sorry I mistook you for Chukz. My statement was in reference to Ika. The truth is that there are Bini influenced Igbos that cut across the Niger with me being one of them. I guess what you meant by Onitsha being Anioma is in the shared Bini influence and nothing more.
I think you suffer from what we called acute bipolarity disorder. You mentioned his name as i can read from your comment

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.