Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted (19211 Views)

Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement / Diezani Blasts EFCC: You Lack Understanding About The Powers Of A President / Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by FCTumunze: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ex Governor Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State,has blasted the EFCC for declaring him wanted over an alleged N76bn fraud in the media.

In a statement addressed to EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Magu, Shema said the act was unwarranted.

“Without any formal invitation to me, the EFCC purported, by a letter dated June 17, 2016, sent to a wrong address of Wole Olanipekun & Co. asking the law firm to make Dr. Ibrahim Shehu Shema available for an interview with the undersigned on Tuesday, June 28, 2016. The letter was signed by Hyecinth A. Edozie.

“Despite the incongruity in the way and manner the invitation was extended to me through a counsel – and also through a wrong address of the same counsel, and notwithstanding the fact that I was already billed to travel to Saudi Arabia for the lesser hajj (Umrah) on the appointment day, I cancelled all the engagements to honour the invitation with my counsel on the said June 28, 2016, only to be informed, around 10am on that day, that the interview would no longer hold, as Mr. Hyecinth A. Edozie was out of Abuja, and that a new date, after Sallah, would be communicated.”

“To date, the EFCC has not responded to the said letter, suggesting any date,” he said.

He said he was therefore shocked to read in the dailies that he had been declared wanted by the EFCC.

“As a senior citizen of this country, a legal practitioner of 32 years post-call experience, and a two-time Governor of Katsina State, I not only feel seriously embarrassed, disturbed, surprised and confounded by the report sponsored by EFCC, but also feel sorry for our dear country.

“I feel sorry for the pitiable situation we have found ourselves as Nigerians where and when a sacred institution like the EFCC is pressurised and used to sponsor fake, false, malicious, misleading and unfounded allegations against someone like me, who the EFCC has not at any time accused of fraud, embezzlement, inflation of contract, or any misdemeanour at all.

“The EFCC deliberately embarked on false propaganda against me and my person by positing that I have ignored several invitations which it extended to me.”

Source http://www.viviangist.com/katsina-ex-governor-shema-explodes-blasts-efcc-for-declaring-him-wanted

7 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Iamlordgee(m): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
Wait.. E nor concern me naw

FTC.. Congo Lumbashi.

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by FCTumunze: 8:07pm On Sep 15, 2016
Iamlordgee:
Wait.. E nor concern me naw

E no Concern HIM TOO

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by richidinho(m): 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good
Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by youngeagle(m): 8:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
They careless about your reputation Oga,all they care about is the media attention they are getting,as if they will achieve anything with all the noise....

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Amitex(m): 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
Buhari is scared of Sherma-obi ptesidency

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Nusaf: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
youngeagle:
They careless about your reputation Oga,all they care about is the media attention they are getting,as if they will achieve anything with all the noise....
Human beings can be funny. Why is it that whenever an allegations of stealing are laid against office holders, people like u always get uncomfortable? Do u know what is 76B? Even the beneficiaries of these loot are not even as touchy as u and ur folks on matters like this, so I ask; are these the youths clamouring for leadership positions? God forbid. grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by yarimo(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
SHEMA just report yourself to the head office of EFCC That is all .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by mayorkyzo: 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
In as much as the efcc is trying to fight corruption,they should go about it the right way....you can't declare someone wanted unless you've exhausted all possible ways to get thru to them...

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by sevenhundred(m): 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
mayorkyzo:
In as much as the efcc is trying to fight corruption,they should go about it the right way....you can't declare someone wanted unless you've exhausted all possible ways to get thru to them...
Says who? anyway declaring him wanted is one of the best possible ways, he should report himself.

12 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Lighthouseman: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
Don't mind efcc which is the vendetta arm of the apc government led my mohd buhari.
It will be recalled that shema worked against bubu in 2011 and was solidly behind gej...
They haven't finished with sule lamido now they are picking on another fight from another direction instead of facing the economy.
According to lai mohd , money recovered from looters not enough to inflate the economy. So, why bother....?

Clueless government..

Choosing wrong battles

39 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by admax(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Their problem!

A politician without skeleton in his cupboard wouldn't be pursued by EFCC. He is just responding to a letter since June.

Be a Man like Sule Lamido who didn't run away from the country.

7 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by hobermener: 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Buhari's boys should calm down
I no call person name oh before dem go declare me for newspaper tomorrow oh lipsrsealed

10 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by seapson(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
God dey
Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Mickop(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Buhari never forgets nor forgives.
Shema was a turn in his flesh when he was governor, not forgetting when he (Shema) said he will crush APC like cockroaches in Katsina state.

patiently waiting for 2019

21 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Firefire(m): 10:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Imagine?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nau cos say u be BUBU enemy

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
EFCC should not have declared such a gentleman wanted without formal invitation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Lighthouseman:
Don't mind efcc which is the vendetta arm of the apc government led my mohd buhari.
It will be recalled that shema worked against bubu in 2011 and was solidly behind gej...
They haven't finished with sule lamido now they are picking on another fight from another direction instead of facing the economy.
According to lai mohd , money recovered from looters not enough to inflate the economy. So, why bother....?
Clueless government..
Choosing wrong battles
Firefire:
Imagine?
Amitex:
Buhari is scared of Sherma-obi presidency

8 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Icecomrade: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Bad
Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by EFGH: 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
K
Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by CoolFreeday(m): 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
if you did nothing wrong and you don't have anything to fear, then go and answer your name, why this propaganda to gain public sympathy?

4 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by asumo12: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
What if you sleep tonight&wakeup tomorrow morning,just to realize all the past years,u've been dreaming and in actual fact, u are waking up to prepare for school,you are actually in SS2, and all your university life has been a dream. Just imagine, SS2, Waec, UTME ,100L/200L.
Worst part of it you have not done your assignment on simultaneous equation given to submit nxt day.

What will u do?

Gudnyt to u all...

8 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by Mickop(m): 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Shema did fantastically well in Katsina. He built on Yar'adua's foundation which Masari ( Buhari's stooge) is currently destroying.
Can u imagine a governor buying coffins for his people instead of buying hospital equipments for effective treatment.
Patiently waiting for 2019

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by tansho(m): 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Na dem dem
Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
They will claim wrong address for invitation but will never deposit their loot in the wrong #bankaccount

Made looters...

sai magu

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by adekayo1234(m): 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Oga address the real issue on ground and stop playing with words.... No sympathy for thieving politicians

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by bonechamberlain(m): 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2016
I knew it would come to this, there is something wrong with most agencies under this govt.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shema Blasts EFCC For Declaring Him Wanted by kernel504(m): 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
sevenhundred:
Says who? anyway declaring him wanted is one of the best possible ways, he should report himself.

Sorry please I don't mean to insult you, which school graduated you?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Returns To Abuja After U.S. Trip / Omoyele Sowore Exposes Rot In Yaba Train Station, Lagos / APC Wins Lagos Assembly Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.