Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,313 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt (11337 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Bel Akinyi's Post On Jesus Christ Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 1:08am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Wrong! Their views and findings helped in confirming the existence of intelligence and an intelligent designer.
design =yes
intelligent=no

Those discoveries actually compliment religion and not refute it.
u mean the findings that snakes cannot talk?
Or that the moon being divided into by muhammed is a bed nite story?

Science is the finger of nature pointing at a creator but only upholders of truth will attest to this.
this is where the deity becomes the issue..
Science points at best to ''creators''
each in their own specialization
not a creator..

Why its actually called a discovery is because it has been there all along but only now visible.
yes

Inventions are just extensions of nature and further proof of intelligence behind the universe as only intelligence can birth complexity.
and it all breaks down when that intelligence does not conform to the one presented in these ''holy books'' of the supposed deities.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 1:09am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

religion at that time usually supressed scientific knowledge...terming it ''hearsay'' and tools of the ''devil''
theres a bible verse o...which says we shouldnt
but im saying if they had kept on believing what was passed on in ''holy books'' as truth of the world...they wouldnt !
This things are garbage you've heard from atheists high pruests and websites. They are not true. I dont really have time tonight, I would have floored this nonsense.

What is the Bible verse?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 1:10am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
You'll need to expose them to both sides so they can choose for themselves, anything short of that is indoctrination. Please dont forget to come back here and tell us what they chose.

like I said, small children aren't allowed into strip clubs

aren't you capable of thinking deeper and giving a better example?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

design =yes
intelligent=no

u mean the findings that snakes cannot talk?
Or that the moon being divided into by muhammed is a bed nite story?

this is where the deity becomes the issue..
Science points at best to ''creators''
each in their own specialization
not a creator..

yes

and it all breaks down when that intelligence does not conform to the one presented in these ''holy books'' of the supposed deities.

All wrong. Fact is that even you know that you are fighting a futile battle known as shadow boxing and will only wear yourself out in the end.

Many like you have cone and gone and religion has not moved backwards one inch. It has rather gone forward in leaps and bounds so why all your fussing?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 1:12am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
Prof.!!!

Why are you lying?

Just say they were atheists grin
Lol
they were scientists who refused to dwell on the knowledge of their ancestors passed on in books claiming to be knowledge of a creator and used their brains
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

Lol
they were scientists who refused to dwell on the knowledge of their ancestors passed on in books claiming to be knowledge of a creator and used their brains

Latest news as of the 14th of september is that evolution is now harder to defend in the advent of a new discovery. Lol

I will post the link in the morning.

You will be positively shocked and its on a credible news source which is not Christian.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 1:15am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

like I said, small children aren't allowed into strip clubs

aren't you capable of thinking deeper and giving a better example?
You can invite strippers to your home. The point is just expose them to both sides and make your inferences, let us in too.

As for me, I will train up my child in the way he SHOULD go, not the way he wants to go.
You can learn from me, its free wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 1:16am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

All wrong. Fact is that even you know that you are fighting a futile battle known as shadow boxing and will only wear yourself out in the end.

Many like you have cone and gone and religion has not moved backwards one inch. It has rather gone forward in leaps and bounds so why all your fussing?
it went forward...yes we both know how;not that it was because it was truth..but rather:
great emperor constantine
and muhammed's conquest
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:16am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
You can invite strippers to your home. The point is just expose them to both sides and make your inferences, let us in too.

As for me, I will train up my child in the way he SHOULD go, not the way he wants to go.
You can learn from me, its free wink

Nothing more to be said bro!
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 1:16am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:

what is this one saying?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

it went forward...yes we both know how;not that it was because it was truth..but rather:
great emperor constantine
and muhammed's conquest

Are constantine and mohammed alive today? I guess they took it into India and China today
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what is this one saying?

How will you understand what he is saying?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 1:18am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

Lol
Still atheist garbage.
Little wonder Isaac Newton thought atheism was senseless.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 1:21am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Latest news as of the 14th of september is that evolution is now harder to defend in the advent of a new discovery. Lol

I will post the link in the morning.

You will be positively shocked and its on a credible news source which is not Christian.
evolution is different from evolutionary theory..
Just like gravity is different from newtons theory of gravity...
Evolution is a fact like gravity is
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
Still atheist garbage.

Brother letd go to bed. Maybe when we wake up in the morning there will be something worth responding to
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 1:21am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

what is this one saying?
Let us in on the inferences you will make.

Im simply emphasizing the nonsense you started.

Read my replies, you'll understand.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

evolution is different from evolutionary theory..
Just like gravity is different from newtons theory of gravity...
Evolution is a fact like gravity is

No worry! You will be positively shocked.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 1:22am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
Still atheist garbage. Little wonder Isaac Newton thought atheism was senseless.
even the great albert einstein was wrong about some stuffs... Who's now newton?

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 1:23am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Brother letd go to bed. Maybe when we wake up in the morning there will be something worth responding to
Good idea bro. cool
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by HCpaul(m): 1:24am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
Still atheist garbage.

It is unscientific to be theistic (religious) as well as been atheistic. In order to be scientific towards knowledge and to maintain a vast intellectual stance, the agnostic approach is highly recommended.

Newton was ignorant of that fact and needed to be corrected.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:24am On Sep 16, 2016
Goodnight all!
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 1:25am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Are constantine and mohammed alive today? I guess they took it into India and China today
without these two dudes...theism would be meaningless in ''populae''
compared to tuday..
For over 1300 years rome was ''king''
muhammeds apprentices took over his trade...
China?
India's religion is almost limited to india
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

without these two dudes...theism would be meaningless in ''populae''
compared to tuday..
For over 1300 years rome was ''king''
muhammeds apprentices took over his trade...
China?
India's religion is almost limited to india

Goodnight. I think you are behind in your research.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 1:26am On Sep 16, 2016
HCpaul:

It is unscientific to be theistic (religious) as well as been atheistic. In order to be scientific and to maintain a vast intellectual stance, the agnostic approach is highly recommended.

Newton was ignorant of that fact and need to be corrected.

Goodnight to you as well. I hope you sleep well in your house on the moon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by HCpaul(m): 1:31am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Goodnight to you as well. I hope you sleep well in your house on the moon.

I have no passion for that. I will rather be interested in living on Mars and leave you people here on earth in isolation.

When we leave earth for you in order to dominate Mars, Jesus will come and rapture will take place cuz we ain't taking you along.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 1:34am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
Let us in on the inferences you will make.

Im simply emphasizing the nonsense you started.

Read my replies, you'll understand.

like I said, think deeper for a better example

its illegal to expose a kid to strippers

and as we already know evolving morality and its effect on so called "Christians"
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 1:36am On Sep 16, 2016
4everGod:

Goodnight. I think you are behind in your research.
lol..G'night!
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 1:41am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
This things are garbage you've heard from atheists high pruests and websites. They are not true. I dont really have time tonight, I would have floored this nonsense.

What is the Bible verse?
false? Galileo?
Ring any bells?
Even faraday sef..they tried discouraging them
bible verse prov 3:5
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by felixomor: 1:43am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
Prof.!!!
Why are you lying?
Just say they were atheists grin
Lol,
Broad day light hijacking!
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Pureheart91(m): 1:54am On Sep 16, 2016
I wonder what is the difference btw a NON-BELIEVER/UN-BELIEVER and an ATHIEST?

Well the Bible has always and is still the highly placed authentic Best-Seller book of all time- did i hear you ask WHY?

Go check it out yourself putting aside ur human knowledge.

As for the "SO CALLED MAN OF GOD" who denounced his faith in CHRIST JESUS is no new thing; if only most of you(UN-BELIEVERS) would truly take your time in studying the word of GOD, from where flows the fountain of Life...

Besides the afore mentioned 'MOG' was a product of Indoctrination as most pple who fall out of faith do.

For more insight though-

www.nairaland.com/3350663/
beware-eye-opener-christain-
faithfuls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

false? Galileo?
Ring any bells?
Even faraday sef..they tried discouraging them
bible verse prov 3:5
Galileo was a christian who was killed by the catholic, many other christians were also killed by the catholic. William tyndale was killed for translating the Bible to english. The spanish inquisition, crusades, witchcraft burnings was masterminded by the catholic. We are aware of all the evils the catholic has committed.

I am not getting your point.

And when did:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.…" Proverbs 3:5

Become:

"Do not engage in the understanding of your world, for God will be angry with you and you will be killed by the catholic church."

Go and check other atheist website fir the verse, the website that gave you this verse is terrible. lol

You know why those scientists wanted to get answers for humanity, The needed answers for the earth, living organisms, etc.

"But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you; And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you. "Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you; And let the fish of the sea declare to you. "Who among all these does not know That the hand of the LORD has done this,…" Job 12:7-9

There are still a lot of things the universe needs to teach us my friend, our learning is constant.

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 8:08am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

even the great albert einstein was wrong about some stuffs...
Who's now newton?
Newton and Einstein undecided
Is there even any need for this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' / Why It's Hard For A Richman Or Even the Poor To Enter The Kingdom Of God / Learn How The 16 Odu Ifa Warn You For Free Without Consulting Babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.