Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt (11390 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Bel Akinyi's Post On Jesus Christ Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
Which statistics?
Is there any natural statistic that shows the supernatural?
bros, abeg don't play dumb
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
ifenes:
Christianity is a wheelchair for the hopeless,weak,unintelligent and gullible. If you have much to do and less time,religion won't cross your mind,not to talk of defending an unknown deity. I may sound a bit harsh,but I had to say it

We've heard it before sir.
History and reality has shown that the greatest thinkers and influence in our world have been religious.

You need to think about having much to do rather than dwelling on a supposedly non-existence Being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
ifenes:
Christianity is a wheelchair for the hopeless,weak,unintelligent and gullible. If you have much to do and less time,religion won't cross your mind,not to talk of defending an unknown deity. I may sound a bit harsh,but I had to say it

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

bros, abeg don't play dumb
Which natural statistic shows the supernatural?

Does natural have the ability to probe the supernatural?

We cant dismiss the obvious.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
Which natural statistic shows the supernatural?

Does natural have the ability to probe the supernatural?

We cant dismiss the obvious.

the supernatural is obvious?

okay
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by ifenes(m): 11:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:

We've heard it before sir.
History and reality has shown that the greatest thinkers and influence in our wirld have been religious.

You need to think about having much to do rather than dwelling on a supposedly non-existence Being.

His-story obviously, not "Our-story" We know those who have no idea whether a story is true or not,but will believe it anyway. We will not bother about your non existing god if only you would stop trying to push it down our throat.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
ifenes:

His-story obviously, not "Our-story" We know those who have no idea whether a story is true or not,but will believe it anyway. We will not bother about your non existing god if only you would stop trying to push it down our throat.

in their hypocrisy, they talk about Islam, poke jokes at it, call it a wrong religion

can we now say Islam is true?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

the supernatural is obvious?

okay
The very foundations of human origin smacks of divine intervention.

Natural cannot explain who set the universe in motion.

Its unfortunate you cant do anything about it.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
adjoviomole:

Yes I have no idea the flying indomie exist. That's a fact. So nobody can say who is who until when we die. We will know who is telling the truth.
the guy say na indomine
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by ifenes(m): 11:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

in their hypocrisy, they talk about Islam, poke jokes at it, call it a wrong religion

While they make fun of other people's religion they forget their own poorly cooked soup is burning on the fire. The role of a slave is to safe guide the gate. that is exactly what they are doing,even when they have no key to the main house themselves.

He is known for bashing the Muslims god(allah) for the same crimes his own god committed.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 11:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
ifenes:

Push it down your throat on a religion section?
Should we stop talking about God on a religion section?

Are you a comedian?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:

what people regard as "supernatural" is simply mysteries we are yet to unravel

500 years ago, almost all humans on earth believes thunder, rain and other things to be controlled by the supernatural even created gods out of it

today we know better, hell, Dubai can make rain fall right now over there if they want to

that's the same fallacy you're applying here

anyways, lest we lose track statistics show prayers don't work
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
The very fact that you dont spend your life trying to refute its non existence is enough proof.
IOW allah also exists and is the true creator..
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
ifenes:

While they make fun of other people's religion they forget their own poorly cooked soup is burning on the fire. The role of a slave is to safe guide the gate. that is exactly what they are doing,even when they have no key to the main house themselves.

He is known for bashing the Muslims god(allah) for the same crimes his own god committed.

yeah, its very hilarious

and they turn around and say Yahweh and Jesus Christ exists because we talk about them
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by ifenes(m): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
winner01:
Push it down your throat on a religion section?
Should we stop talking about God on a religion section?

Are you a comedian?

If you spoke of your god that's fine,but attacking others because they do not believe in your imaginary daddy is beating a drum of war. Keep your faith to yourself and their will be peace.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 11:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
ifenes:

hopefulLandlord:

Would your children live like you? Spending their lives on what does not exist?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 11:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
raphieMontella:

IOW allah also exists and is the true creator..
Ok, congrats.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:00am On Sep 16, 2016
ifenes:

If you spoke of your god that's fine,but attacking others because they do not believe in your imaginary daddy is beating a drum of war. Keep your faith to yourself and their will be peace.
I should keep my faith to myself on a religion section?

u on drugs?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by ifenes(m): 12:00am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:

No my children will not suffer the same child abuse as you did. They will be taught how to think and not what to think.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 12:01am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:

would your children too live like you? attempt to shame someone from poking holes into delusion?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by raphieMontella: 12:01am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:

believe me brother...
The natural is more likely to..than superstition is..
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by ifenes(m): 12:02am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
I should keep my faith to myself on a religion section?

u on drugs?

Yes keep it to yourself and no one will disturb you. Creating hateful threads will get you no where.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by adjoviomole(m): 12:05am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:
the guy say na indomine

Indomie and spag no b d same thing? Na just packaging jare.

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:07am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

500 years ago, almost all humans on earth believes thunder, rain and other things to be controlled by the supernatural even created gods out of it

today we know better, hell, Dubai can make rain fall right now over there if they want to

How do you explain the religious scientists who propelled science?

The majority of answers we have today were gotten by theists, i dont get ur point.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:10am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

would your children too live like you? attempt to shame someone from poking holes into delusion?
I dont dwell on things that are not true, i dont think your children will live like you.
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:11am On Sep 16, 2016
ifenes:

They will be taught how to think
Freethinker grin grin
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Really Care to repeat that to me that Prayers do not work? Remember the young suicidal lady you referred to me and her demonic oppressions? I am sure you haven't forgotten that so soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:15am On Sep 16, 2016
raphieMontella:

believe me brother...
The natural is more likely to..than superstition is..
But I dont believe in superstitions and atheists are not in control of the natural. undecided
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by winner01(m): 12:18am On Sep 16, 2016
ifenes:

Yes keep it to yourself and no one will disturb you. Creating hateful threads will get you no where.
Hateful threads?
Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 16, 2016
ifenes:

No my children will not suffer the same child abuse as you did. They will be taught how to think and not what to think.

So teaching your kids how to think so that they can think themselves into beastiality and whoredom isnt child abuse?

1 Like

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by felixomor: 12:21am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
How about those of us it has worked for, how about those it keeps working for?
Should we join you too?

Brother
Yeah,
According to his logic,
If u use paracetamol for headache and it "doesn't work" for him,
Automatically, u can conclude "paracetamol doesn't exist".

Hehehe, typical atheist logic. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why A Preacher Gave Up On Jesus And Became an Atheist Activist; Jerry DeWitt by hopefulLandlord: 12:25am On Sep 16, 2016
winner01:
How do you explain the religious scientists who propelled science?

The majority of answers we have today were gotten by theists, i dont get ur point.

I don't understand how this proves anything

those theists who found answers found it "in spite" of their religion and not "because" of their religion

stop dwelling on wrong assumptions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Joagbaje Became God / Who Should Partake In Holy Communion?? / Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.