Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) (5575 Views)

Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Chukwuma Soludo Is Living Large - Says Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by qblaze(m): 1:38am On Oct 10, 2009
Charles Soludo handpicked as PDP governorship candidate in contentious move
WRITTEN BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK    
FRIDAY, 09 OCTOBER 2009 17:18

The People's Democratic Party (PDP) has picked controversial former Central Bank governor, Charles Soludo, as the party's candidate in upcoming Anambra state gubernatorial elections scheduled for February 6, 2010.  

Our sources said the choice of Soludo materialized after much behind-the-scenes intrigues and maneuvers carried out by PDP operatives with ties to Umaru Yar’adua and his wife, Turai Yar'adua.

The PDP congress was moved to Abuja in what a PDP official told Saharareporters was “a strategic move to avoid the impact of a court injunction granted against the party by an Anambra State high court.” Then the congress was moved from the party’s secretariat in Abuja to the Shehu Yar'adua Center when word reached Turai Yar'adua that some PDP party officials had received large sums of money from Chris Uba to make his brother-in-law the candidate of the party.

Uche Ekwunife
The PDP’s attempt to hold primaries to determine the party’s candidate was marred by widespread shooting and other forms of violence perpetrated by thugs hired by different candidates or their sponsors. Abuja-based attorney, Kayode Ajulo, an eyewitness at today’s meeting to choose a “consensus candidate” said party members “conducted themselves in an unruly manner at the Yar’adua Center.” The witness said, “the members of the self-styled largest party in Africa behaved worse than gangsters. They broke anything breakable, even shoved and assaulted three police officers.” 

Saharareporters had earlier reported that Charles Soludo had enlisted Mrs. Yar’adua’s help to secure the governorship in order to buy himself immunity from prosecution in a myriad of fraud cases dogging him. The latest controversy around the former CBN governor has to do with a bribery case involving Securency, an Australian currency manufacturer.

Soludo reportedly demanded and received bribes from the firm before steering contracts to the company to mass-produce polymer currency. A source familiar with the case also told Saharareporters that Mrs. Yar'adua was implicated in the bribe-for-polymer scandal.

But while Soludo’s candidacy excites Mrs. Yar'adua, a source in Abuja told us that a political shocker might await Turai. The source of the shocker is in the candidacy of Mrs. Uche Ekwunife, a member of the House of Representatives who trounced Mr. Emeka Etiaba in the primaries yesterday to become the candidate of PPA. Our sources said Mrs. Ekwunife might be the joker from the Chris Uba camp.

Said the source: “Since Chris Uba has failed to put in his brother-in-law, his group may work for the victory of Mrs. Ekwunife – who will then return to the fold of the ruling party the same way Imo State governor, Ikedi Ohakim, was brought into office under another party and then decamped to the PDP as soon as he stabilized.”

Uche Ekwunife, a former youth corps member in 2000, notoriously dated former Governor Chinwoke Mbadinuju of Anambra. She made an incredible fortune as a front for the former governor. She was found to be in possession of N2 billion in her private account, and later resigned from Standard Trust Bank to join politics, with all her loot intact.

Source:
http://saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3916:charles-soludo-handpicked-as-pdp-governorship-candidate-in-contentious-move-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by kshow1(m): 2:20am On Oct 10, 2009
The start of another political game in Anambra state soon to be followed by assassinations, so lets keep our fingers crossed has it unfolds
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Nchara: 3:12am On Oct 10, 2009
KShow1
How many political assasinations have you recorded in the East? We are not talking of the south west and its killing mentality. Igbos fightand bicker like any normal person would, but we do not kill ourselves for politic like the wetie people of SW. Ok?
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by IGWEUSA(m): 3:37am On Oct 10, 2009
Nchara:

KShow1
How many political assasinations have you recorded in the East? We are not talking of the south west and its killing mentality. Igbos fightand bicker like any normal person would, but we do not kill ourselves for politic like the wetie people of SW. Ok?
Bro, tell them .

@post
The emergence of Charles Soludo is what Chuba Okadigbo termed political arithmetic . . . . .However, Soludo is the best candidate PDP can produce in Anambra state.
It is now a war of three titans in Anambra state . . . Charles Soludo Vs Chris Ngige Vs Peter Obi . . . What an interesting line up.
Damn! I really enjoy Anambra politics.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Emperoh(m): 5:35am On Oct 10, 2009
I think this is now more interesting!!
Good candidates. Obi v Ngige v Soludo == Good Governorship!!
A standard has been set. . . . . and i bet the credibility of these top aspirants tops it up.
But people be on the look out. The shenanigans in PDP can be very unpredicatable. . . .someone might just head to court to stop him
Lets see how it goes sha. . . . at least this time around, no tout or charlatan is being imposed on us
They (PDP) know it themselves that for them to even have a chance of winning a rigging in 2010, their candidate must be very credible

Poster
Your source is very critical of people. . .i used to enjoy Sowore's site but lately
Any big man is now a target of their 'investigative journalism. Pls what makes Charles C. Soludo controversial?
That he has a house in London?
The nest thing, the'll tell us Mike Adenuga is corrupt!! Nawa ooh!!

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=156661
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 10, 2009
Is it not Ekweme's name i heard on stv as their Pdp gov.
What r u guys sayin
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by AjaraEwuro: 8:47am On Oct 10, 2009
[size=18pt]Another big goof by almighty sahara reporters.[/size]
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by saintneo(m): 8:53am On Oct 10, 2009
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by biggjoe(m): 8:58am On Oct 10, 2009
kshow1:

The start of another political game in Anambra state soon to be followed by assassinations, so lets keep our fingers crossed has it unfolds

Nobody has been assasinated for elective position in Anambra, get your facts right.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by saintneo(m): 9:09am On Oct 10, 2009
All other states should follow suit.

the era of intelligent and liberation is here.

Obi Vs Soludo Vs Ngige; ils ont supers.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Utali(m): 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2009
biggjoe:

Nobody has been assasinated for elective position in Anambra, get your facts right.

U dey mind them,
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by MrCrackles(m): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2009
AjaraEwuro:

[size=18pt]Another big goof by almighty sahara reporters.[/size]
What the fuc.k are you on about meerkat?
What credible news have you supplied to the world and what rights have you to criticize saharareporters?
Grey haired slowpoke!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by MrCrackles(m): 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2009
Topic
I knew he was going to be picked. . . .
Uba is finished
The whole shit developing from Anambra seems to be interesting and i will be watching situation unfold with firm interest
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Remii(m): 12:36pm On Oct 10, 2009
Pi nDi Pi has done it again, they can never conduct election, everyone is selected, na wa oo. lol
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by MUNEER2(m): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2009
Soludo? shocked shocked shocked

He has won the election already. grin grin grin

PDP! they'll never stop coming, fraudsters!!!!!!!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by banom(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2009
ALL ANAMBRARIANS , PRAISE THE LORD ,

THE LORD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by edwin101: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic
I knew he was going to be picked. . . .
Uba is finished
The whole shit developing from Anambra seems to be interesting and i will be watching situation unfold with firm interest

not yet my friend. now the drama will start to unfold. grin grin grin
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by 55gal(m): 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2009
I GO SHOUT OOOOO
P D P have started again!!!
dis old men no dey tire?
The is genesis of intensive
evil activities in Anambra.
People Deceive People [PDP]
Strategic politicians,well done!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by haykeens(m): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2009
SOLUDO is better than the rest
who cares if he bribes any goddamn firm afterall we have thieves and assassins in government from the grassroots to the top
up SOLUDO,  please dont forget to loot anambra state dry, assassinate your imaginary enemies and prosecute the former governor
do all to the glory of ALMIGHTY PROPHET MUHAMMED grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin smiley
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by DeSplash: 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2009
This Saharareporters again.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by aquita(m): 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2009
Soludo`s nomination should not come as a surprise to anybody. However, three factors will work against him : 1. The other candidates that were schemed out may not work for him 2. The Uba brothers will not give him their support and 3. Peter Obi still has power of incumbency . Also, the following are in his favours : 1. He has a rich credential 2. He has the backing of the presidency and PDP stalwarts 3. He has international connections 4. He is eloquent 5. The elites in Anambra are backing him
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by MUZBO(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2009
Who cares? I've never voted PDP in my life and I won't start now or in 2011!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Shola2009(m): 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2009
not yet my friend. now the drama will start to unfold.
Exactly, i doubt Chris Uba will just fold his arms and watch!
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by illusion2: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2009
We waste so much energy on political games in Nigeria. . . to the obvious detriment of human capital,infrastructural & strategic development cry cry
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Homonide: 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2009
Lets just wait and see the impending Political imbroglio unfold in Anambra State. Anambra has proved in recent times to be the centre of political drama in Nigeria.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by koolchicco: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2009
. . .And the drama continues. . undecided
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by toosoon(m): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2009
MUZBO:

Who cares? I've never voted PDP in my life and I won't start now or in 2011!

Damn, PDP does not need your vote to win an election,
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by toosoon(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2009
Shola2009:

Exactly, i doubt Chris Uba will just fold his arms and watch!

the urborn new south east state will be for Chris Uba and others grin grin grin
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Rooneyboy(m): 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2009
What baffles me is how this politicians spend money without blinking an eyelid .Imagine them buying the forms five million naira ,and i heard they were more than 24 aspirants. When some of us like me are looking 4 just one million naira to start up something in life . God go punish them.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2009
banom:

ALL ANAMBRARIANS , PRAISE THE LORD ,

THE LORD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME

Surely, we will praise the Lord, but we must also not be deceived by this Greek gift.

Yes! Soludo is nothing but a Greek Gift packaged by the polictal the Abuja chess masters to outwit us. Is not because they know that Anambra people are now wiser than they were before Ngige came to the scene? They know that it wont be easy for them to "win" Anambra and they have decided to give us Soludo.  Our responce is this, we wont take.

They will try to rig him in anyway, because Soludo cannot win election when Ngige and Obi are contesting. Soludo might have the support of the so called elites, but how many are they? Soludo has no grass roots in Anambra State!. Mention Obi, the people will node their heads, and mention Ngige, they will give you a smile.

The gladiators just want to use Soludo to "capture" our purse again. They will impeach when the time comes. Even if he succeeds his four years, the criminal machinaries of the Ubasajo's would strategise to produce their kind to take over from Soludo.

We cannot trust the PDP. Even if the PDP will give us Emeka Anyaoku, the contest still remains between Ngige and Obi. At least, we know that those two cannot be manipulated by any god father or devil father.

So, Soludo is hanpicked? Someone should please tell him that we have the right to choose our leaders and that for now, we dont consider him as a leader.

He should tell us what he did to help Anambra when his master OBJ was denying himself sleep to see that Anambra was destroyed. Or he would say that he was not a politician at that time? Then he suddenly became one just because he wants to be governor?

Well, shame awaits both him and his PDP. Anambra is the Waterloo for the PDP. Let them rig him in like OBJ and Iwu did to Uba, but surely power belongs to God and the people.
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by Fhemmmy: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2009
The People's Democratic Party (PDP) has picked controversial former Central Bank governor, Charles Soludo, as the party's candidate in upcoming Anambra state gubernatorial elections scheduled for February 6, 2010. 

Our sources said the choice of Soludo materialized after much behind-the-scenes intrigues and maneuvers carried out by PDP operatives with ties to Umaru Yar’adua and his wife, Turai Yar'adua.

That is what they do best, and since when does the voice of the wife of the president matters more than that of the party executives
Re: Soludo is the PDP Candidate (Anambra) by koolchicco: 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2009
I cant beliv that Turia Yaradull has become so powerful in Naija. shocked angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Declares June 12 As Democracy Day / Shekau "Alive And Well"- Ahmed Salkida / Supreme Court Reaffirm Wike Mandate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.