Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding (1057 Views)

“If You Wear A Pant Throughout The Day, You’ve Got Problems” - Twitter Lady / Couple Who Attended Same Primary School Set To Wed This Weekend (pics) / Ladies Must Stop Doing These Things It's Abomination Not Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigerian weddings can be different things to different people. For some, it’s fun and entertaining while for some others it’s boring and a waste of time.

Nigerian weddings and their receptions can be full of drama to keep you entertained.

Every Nigerian who has attended a Nigerian wedding party will definitely have a story to tell.

Being a Nigerian wedding guest is not easy sometimes, especially when you’re not wearing asoebi. Everything will just be passing you by, food, drinks, souvenirs, I mean everything and you’re wondering who you offended.
Sometimes, wedding guests suffer a lot just to please their friends and loved ones on their special day.

Below are some struggles Nigerian wedding guests have experienced at one point or the other.

1. Very expensive asoebi:

Somebody will just wake up and decide to sell asoebi for over N50,000 and if you decide not to buy, you become a bad friend. Most of the time, the ushers will just keep attending to only those wearing asoebi but who cares? If I spend that exorbitant amount to buy asoebi, how much will spend for my wedding gown when I’m getting married? This economy is too harsh to be investing that kind of money on asoebi.
Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
2. The reception venue is far from the church:

Some people will have the church wedding at Jerusalem and the reception will be at far away Jericho. This is one of the reasons people don’t bother attending church weddings. It’s way more convenient to head directly to the reception venue. If you’re not mobile, you’ll now start looking for who will give you a lift.

Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
3. Not enough seats:

So, after plenty stress, you finally get to the reception venue and the whole place is filled up. You can’t find anywhere to sit down and your 6 inch high heeled shoes are already beginning to act up. You will start wishing you had come earlier. Don’t blame some people who want to be at the reception venue before everyone else. It’s not a funny experience when you can’t find a place to sit. You end up missing out on everything.

Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
4. There’s seat but its reserved:

You find some empty seats and tables in the hall but they say it’s reserved for some special people. Imagine after thinking you’ve found the perfect place to sit, someone comes and tells you to get up because its reserved and you can’t sit there.

Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
5. Food runs out:

If you love yourself, don’t leave your house with an empty stomach, expecting to get fed at the wedding reception because you’ll be disappointed. Most of the time, food runs out and many wedding guest end up not eating. Imagine seeing the mouth-watering dishes and watching others eat while nothing gets to you. It’s not something you want to experience.

Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
6. There’s food but it’s tasteless:

The food finally arrives but you can’t eat because it’s tasteless. Some caterers can just decide to spoil your day for you with their food. The food at least have taste least because tasteless food is just as bad as no food.

Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
7. You’re thirsty but the ushers are hoarding the drinks:

You’ll be begging for N50 bottled water and they will be acting like you’re begging them for an iPhone. It’s just water, don’t know if they want to carry it to heaven.

Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by Young03(m): 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
embarassed
Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2016
8. Souvenir wahala:

After all the troubles you went through to get to the reception venue with your expensive asoebi, somebody will now be sharing plastic hand fan or bowl souvenir. Haba! Why plastic? The souvenir doesn’t have to be expensive. There other things you can give to people that will be useful and they will appreciate. Sometimes, only certain people get the “special” souvenirs and you’re just sitting and wondering why it’s passing you by.

Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
Have you ever experienced any of these? Share your experience.

fynestboi, seun oya do the needs
Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
Haha. This thread is funny. I've been to a lot of Nigerian weddings and to me there are the best. People are free to express themselves. And the dance! I love when couples dance!
Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by DVMtuppence(m): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
Let's wait and see where dis is heading to
Cc:mhizveronica
Lalasticlala
Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2016
DVMtuppence:
Let's wait and see where dis is heading to
Cc:mhizveronica
Lalasticlala

ese ooo share your experience
Re: If You Have Not Experienced These Things, You’ve Not Attended A Nigerian Wedding by MhizVeronica(f): 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
AjFive:
Haha. This thread is funny. I've been to a lot of Nigerian weddings and to me there are the best. People are free to express themselves. And the dance! I love when couples dance!

lol nigerian wedding funny die

(1) (Reply)

Just Got An Iphone7 For My Boyfriend For His Birthday (photo) / Shy Guys Of Nairaland, Try This And Go Woo Dat Girl / 5 Love Languages: How To Show Love To Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.