Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech (35886 Views)

Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / BBC Africa Highlights Buhari's Plagiarising Obama’s Speech - Photo / Buhari Accused Of Plagiarising Obama’s Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by gbollybakare: 9:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
The Federal Government has apologized to Nigerians for the plagiarism pointed out in the president’s speech at the just concluded “Change Begins with Me” campaign in Abuja,. Reacting to comments by Nigerians through the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media, Garba Shehu .

Mr Shehu responding to the allegation through his twitter handle @Garshehu .

“PMB has ordered that prompt & appropriate disciplinary action be taken against those responsible for a wrongful insertion in his speech delivered on September 8, 2016 at the launch of the “Change Begins with Me’’ campaign.”

“It was observed that the similarities between a paragraph in President Obama’s 2008 Victory Speech and what President Buhari read in paragraph 9 of the 16 paragraph address while inaugurating the Campaign on Thurs., Sept. 8, are too close to be passed as coincidence. There was a mistake by an overzealous staff and we regret that this has happened. Already, a Deputy Director in the Presidency has accepted responsibility for the insertion of the contentious paragraph.”

” This serious oversight will be investigated thoroughly and appropriate sanction meted. The Presidency wishes to state in the clearest possible terms that it regrets this unfortunate incident and will ensure that this does not happen again”

” President Buhari urges Nigerians to look beyond this incident and focus on the message of change which the country needs in order to restore our cherished value systems” he said .

http://thenigeriafocus.com/2016/09/16/flash-fg-apologises-to-nigerians-for-the-plagiarism-in-the-presidential-speech/

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarShehu/status/776869544061181953

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Justiyke4u: 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by DaniDani(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
the first time to apologize but on an irrelevant thing .why not apologize to zombies for deceiving them and running the economy aground.. well, they are good in misplacing priorities.

225 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by mightyhazell: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
This govt is a joke!

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by ladyF(f): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
shocked
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nateben(m): 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
This must be Buhari's quote, this man keeps f**cking us in the $ss without even lubricant.... SMH for his supporters.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Kasich(m): 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
The Federal Government has apologized to Nigerians for the plagiarism pointed out in the president’s speech at the just concluded “Change Begins with Me” campaign in Abuja,. Reacting to comments by Nigerians through the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media, Garba Shehu .

Mr Shehu responding to the allegation through his twitter handle @Garshehu .

“PMB has ordered that prompt & appropriate disciplinary action be taken against those responsible for a wrongful insertion in his speech delivered on September 8, 2016 at the launch of the “Change Begins with Me’’ campaign.”

“It was observed that the similarities between a paragraph in President Obama’s 2008 Victory Speech and what President Buhari read in paragraph 9 of the 16 paragraph address while inaugurating the Campaign on Thurs., Sept. 8, are too close to be passed as coincidence. There was a mistake by an overzealous staff and we regret that this has happened. Already, a Deputy Director in the Presidency has accepted responsibility for the insertion of the contentious paragraph.”

” This serious oversight will be investigated thoroughly and appropriate sanction meted. The Presidency wishes to state in the clearest possible terms that it regrets this unfortunate incident and will ensure that this does not happen again”

” President Buhari urges Nigerians to look beyond this incident and focus on the message of change which the country needs in order to restore our cherished value systems” he said .

OMG!!!

Must u keep blaming everyone for your ineptitude

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

This is irresponsibility, cowardice, and stupidity. There are certain mistakes I am ashamed of making at this young age of mine one of which is shifting blame to others when I could have avoided d whole drama

I'd be ashamed to be Buhari's media aid personally, because the things he makes them do and say atimes makes you question their qualifications and crisis handling capacity

180 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by alizma: 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
Chai, my president do expo. come and see copy and paste

23 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Oblang(m): 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
Kasich:

OMG!!!

Must u keep blaming everyone for your ineptitude

How's this an apology Shifting the blame to an overzealous staff, why couldn't u just proof-read the material yourself or have Garba Shehu himself go through it before going on air

This is irresponsibility, cowardice, and stupidity. There are certain mistakes I am ashamed of making at this young age of mine one of which is shifting blame to others when I could have avoided d whole drama

I'd be ashamed to be Buhari's media aid personally, because the things he makes them do and say atimes makes you question their qualifications and crisis handling capacity

Is plagiarism a grammatical error that proof reading will make u detect? Do u expect them to know all Obama's speeches offhand. The only person that could have known it was plagiarized is someone that knows abt that particular Obama's speech....

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by delikay4luv: 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
Good. Let them arrange Night school for Buhari

17 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by drss2(m): 11:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
d dullard should direct his apology to obama.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 17, 2016
O
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by vincent10(m): 5:16am On Sep 17, 2016
When the president does not know what referencing means because he has no certificate.

46 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Abeymills(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2016
We dat are not zombies dnt need ur yeye apology pls shove it in ur ass yeye govt

20 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by dunkem21(m): 7:29am On Sep 17, 2016
They stole my idea on NL too.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 17, 2016
That's what you get when you have an illiterate leader who can't develop his own ideas yet cannot proof read what his speech writers have penned down for him.
Leaders are readers.
No serious world leader would make such a howling mistake because they read and are conversant with what their more powerful collegues do.
Nothing inspiring about our douchebag of a president , he can't even give an ordinary remark without a speech or teleprompter. So much for education.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 17, 2016
If no one resigns or gets fired in the next 24hrs , I would give up completely on project Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by vedaxcool(m): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2016
[s]
DaniDani:
the first time to apologize but on an irrelevant thing .why not apologize to zombies for deceiving them and running the economy aground.. well, they are good in misplacing priorities.
[/s]

When will Jonathan apologize for brazen corruption under his corruptarian regime?

23 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by dunkem21(m): 7:39am On Sep 17, 2016
frenchwine:
If no one resigns or gets fired in the next 24hrs , I would give up completely on project Nigeria

Of course, an imaginary script writer will be fired..

Someone tells me #changebeginswithme with Plagiarism.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by UnknownT: 7:44am On Sep 17, 2016
I have nothing against the apology but this part PMB has ordered that prompt & appropriate disciplinary action be taken against those responsible for a wrongful insertion in his speech delivered on September 8, 2016 at the launch of the “Change Begins with Me’’ campaign.” We once heard this when the budget was padded, till now, we didn't hear of the persons sanctioned. Always in a rush to threaten fire and brimstones and everything will end there. Joke of a government

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Thisis2raw(m): 7:44am On Sep 17, 2016
They can keep their apologies. Will they say they did it by mistake

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 17, 2016
Apology rejected. Chikena. People that are calling many of our politician's brain, dead are not far from truth. Very lazy sets of people that can't use their brain to think and write than to copy copy .I wonder what they do in the office.

9 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by casttlebarbz(m): 7:45am On Sep 17, 2016
Lol
Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Freedom4us: 7:45am On Sep 17, 2016

22 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by beautiful232(f): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2016
I don't like talking bout this
but I smell joke

1 Like

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 17, 2016
grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by atirolu(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2016
The speech was padded........
Since dogara has legalise padding no case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by jeeqaa7(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2016
honour amongst thieves.... rare i must say

i belong to everybody and i belong to nobody was also a stolen text...

i am not just popular enough to get people to notice but i used that line in 2002 when i was made the asst headboy in my college days ..

do i gget credit now or not?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by muller101(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2016
Luckily for him. He didn't end the copied speech with God bless America.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Apologises For Buhari's Plagiarising Of Obama's Speech by chiedu7: 7:46am On Sep 17, 2016
Nobody should be surprised.

Speeches can only be done with education.

Buhari's lack of education is embarrassing Nigeria

33 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tambuwal: APC Planning To Make Ahmad Lawan, Its Presidential Candidate / Minister Forced Aviation Agency To Spend $1.6 M On Two BMW Armoured Cars(Pics) / I Couldn't Take Diezani's N450m Because It Was Too Huge For My Jeep - Belgore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.